Broadcast Days: Mondays - Thursdays

Replacing: The Whirlwind Girl 旋风少女

Cast:

Pets Tseng

SpeXial Evan

SpeXial Zi hóng

Tsai Yi-Chen

Synopsis:

The day Ming Xiao Xi transferred to her new school, she got herself into a fight with the most popular kids in school, who also happened to be the most arrogant, devilish pretty boys in school. Before she knew it, she became public enemy number 1. But, nothing can defeat this outgoing martial artist. She can handle any punches coming her way.

Watch it here with English subtitles! 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Pets Tseng - Season of Rain

SpeXial - Subtle Love

Additional Links:

Moon River 明若曉溪 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Moon River 明若曉溪 Official Website

Moon River 明若曉溪 Raw Episodes

Moon River 明若曉溪 Official Facebook Page

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Seesageuk

Although based on the first of a series of books, you might find striking resemblances to Hana yori Dango and the Korean drama but there are some differences. The first episode sets up the drama . Talented but ingenuous country bumpkin cum national Martial arts winner goes to elite university and alienates the elite Union before her first day has started. She must then apologize ,hoping to be forgiven. The principal stands behind her silently and two members of the elite Union secretly don't want her expelled. The head of the union will fall in love with her and she will with him after an infatuation with the gentle violin playing member. The rich princesses at the school will feel threatened by her and try to set her up for expulsion by episode 3. Our heroine will grow from it when she recovers from her hometown friend's betrayal and the two male leads help. If it follows Hana yori Dango, boys over flowers , then there will be lots of twists and turns, disappointments, rivalvries, rejections, amnesia, recovery and a fairytale Cinderella ending. So I am looking forward to seeing how different it will be. So far the mains actors and heroine are quite enjoyable. And I am definitely hoping they improve her dress style quickly.

I started watching Moon River today the first two episodes and love the simplicity of it all. Our leading lady would look amazing in better attire and hairstyle but heyho she is adorable. I'm liking the principles daughter, forgot her name but really like her. Can't stand miss princess who thinks she's all that (haha when the lead male didn't follow her ideas). 

Xiao Xi is a girl that doesn't conform to anyone (dressing/style) she is comfortable in her own skin, she knows who she is and what direction she wants for her future and lives her life following the teaching and discipline of Kung Fu. I like how she is not proud/prideful and  able to admit when she is wrong and apologies for it. 

I am hoping that Xiao Xi will always stay true to her self and her roots.  Bumpkin she maybe but she has a big heart, always stands up for those that are bullied and forever sweet natured.

Hoping the rest of the episodes are available real soon.

Hello everyone! 

So I just started Moon River....and I adore it even though it has hints of BOF. As we know BOF is overdone 10000x, I find this drama refreshing and hilarious. A kung fu master Xiao Li is what I had wanted every version of Jan Di to be. Hopefully she will stay true to her quirky roots and not mellow out like the other versions. I also do enjoy Liu Bing and lesser-bullying antics. And who doesn't love the amazing second lead?

Anyways, for more of my opinions and impressions about this drama, please click here:

https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/moon-river-bof-flows-again/

I hope Grandpa has more cute scenes with Xiao Xi.  Gotta laugh at the pure arrogance of Lui Bing, he always seems to manage to twist everything so to confuse our confident heroine.  Senior Che is too sweet and a little bit slow when it comes to showing Xiao Xi that he has feelings for her and that she is very special to him (I'd say if he would only be a bit more obvious and tells her he likes her, then he would win the girl). He realized right from the beginning that she was special. Whereas Lui Bing is unsure of his feelings, but is totally drawn to her, always in her space.  I really want to discuss what happens in each super episode, but realizes that as not many have discovered this really fun drama yet so can't spoil it for them.  I can only say that Sha Sha is a jealous brat and her dad is a big bully.  I'm pleased that although Lui Bing is so admired in school and head of the elite group he is not a follower or conformist, and won't bow down or be cowered into being a butt kisser to please others. Both Xiao Xi and Lui Bing stand up to bullies and fight for justice in their own unique ways.  So happy to have a strong female lead that isn't naive, she is really just and true and she can think for herself.  Although she has martial arts skills, she uses them to help others, never to lord over anyone.  Her pure heart is really genuine and apart from Lui Bing others really can't take advantage over her as she can look at thinks objectively, not so easily fooled into doing anything.  Glad that the Principal and her daughter are equally strong and kind ladies.  Got to just mention that our heroine is really beautiful, once you get pass the bumpkin style, from toe socks and plastic slippers, to fish bowl helmet hair cut!

Guest ororomunroe

Just marathoned all 6 episodes and I really enjoy it. As with @gregandchau_at_gmail.com_stv, I also want to see Grandpa more. I would like to see a backstory on why Sha Sha's father has such a hold on everyone's parents. Are they all part of the same group or something?

Love how the female lead is not a pushover, she's emotional and logical and follows things through. Love the male lead as well. It's good that he wants to go on his own path and not be lead by the nose by anyone. His Dad could take a few lessons from him.

Episode 6:

The more Sha Sha and her bitchy looser side kicks try to humiliate our dear Xiao Xi, the more exposure she gets in front of everyone, the more everyone including the elite guys, especially Lui Bing and Che will come to know how amazing she is.  I am so glad that  Xiao xi is proud of her roots.  She is not so prideful that she has to boast about her skills, nor is she too humble to stand up for herself. 

@ Ororomunroe : from what I've gathered, president Tei Sha Sha dad was the original Elite leader and founder of the group, and that all the current top dog elite, like Lui Bing and Che and Han I think their dads served under him at the time.  So since school days Shasha's dad has been their leader and bully. 

I am so glad that the principal can see that Xiao Xi is a very much needed addition to this too narrow minded pretentious rich spoilt kids school.  She is a breath of fresh air.  showing them that thet need to be individuals with their  own thoughts and goals and not to be cowered into being submissive and doing what a few bullies want.  That Xioa Xi will show that everyone is special and must be true to themselves.

So glad that Lui Bing is not a dimwit angry rich kid leader.  He has a brain and he uses it. he has always been aware that Shasha has got a nasty personality and therefore he can never love someone like her who is too selfish and always putting down others and gloating over others because she feels she can. I say what happens to her if her bully dad went bankrupt? she couldn't survive in life without money or servants.  Cant stand this character, so sallow, and she isn't even that pretty! our bumpkin heroine is far more beautiful both inner self and outer self, than that self proclaimed princess Sha sha.

I've watched episodes 7 & 8 raw can only wish that they are subbed soon.  Although I get the gist of everything, I really need to understand the nitty gritty dialogue between our leads. 

So hate it that its all subbed on Viki, but not showing in England (why oh why)!

Hoping more people will pick this drama, they won't regret watching it. 

this drama is a crack!

Xiao Xi is a comic relief and plus she is a strong leading lady!

I love how this drama is not over the top dramatic since that has been overdone TOO MANY TIMES with stories involving the rich and the poor... 

Plus Sha Sha is a great addition to the story.. who would have thought the devil is the second leading lady? I mean its a fresh idea since before it was always the second lead male or some random evil character throwing shades to the poor leading lady.. 

i can't wait for more eps to come... gimme some more juseyo~

Episode 6:

The more Sha Sha and her bitchy looser side kicks try to humiliate our dear Xiao Xi, the more exposure she gets in front of everyone, the more everyone including the elite guys, especially Lui Bing and Che will come to know how amazing she is.  I am so glad that  Xiao xi is proud of her roots.  She is not so prideful that she has to boast about her skills, nor is she too humble to stand up for herself. 

@ Ororomunroe : from what I've gathered, president Tei Sha Sha dad was the original Elite leader and founder of the group, and that all the current top dog elite, like Lui Bing and Che and Han I think their dads served under him at the time.  So since school days Shasha's dad has been their leader and bully. 

I am so glad that the principal can see that Xiao Xi is a very much needed addition to this too narrow minded pretentious rich spoilt kids school.  She is a breath of fresh air.  showing them that thet need to be individuals with their  own thoughts and goals and not to be cowered into being submissive and doing what a few bullies want.  That Xioa Xi will show that everyone is special and must be true to themselves.

So glad that Lui Bing is not a dimwit angry rich kid leader.  He has a brain and he uses it. he has always been aware that Shasha has got a nasty personality and therefore he can never love someone like her who is too selfish and always putting down others and gloating over others because she feels she can. I say what happens to her if her bully dad went bankrupt? she couldn't survive in life without money or servants.  Cant stand this character, so sallow, and she isn't even that pretty! our bumpkin heroine is far more beautiful both inner self and outer self, than that self proclaimed princess Sha sha.

I've watched episodes 7 & 8 raw can only wish that they are subbed soon.  Although I get the gist of everything, I really need to understand the nitty gritty dialogue between our leads. 

So hate it that its all subbed on Viki, but not showing in England (why oh why)!

thanks for explaining i was also wondering why is everyone scared of sha sha father 

Episode 6:

thanks for explaining i was also wondering why is everyone scared of sha sha father 

Let's just say that it is a typical plot with hierarchical components but still the acting lures me in. ;)

i watched ep 7 yesterday and i was purely entertained by Liu Bing's "intrusion" to Xiao Xi's territory.. Using her Ming Sky Promise (did I say it correctly?) to have her give in to him? So naughty and smart~

And I just wanna throw this out there.. Sha Sha is wasting her time on Liu Bing when Hao Nan is sticking around her. Girl can't you just move on already? But given that Sha Sha is a spoilt brat princess, she would think that her wants is everyone command... I wonder what goes through her head seriously (I know her character is fictional but still I am curious haha)

In the preview, why would Sha Sha introduces Hao Nan as her boyfriend? What is her motive exactly?

Pets Tseng looks like she is 21 and not 31..the main OTP has quite an age difference but she can act so well!!!

SHE IS 31????!!

That is surprising...

She is originally a singer right?

Archived