[Philippine Drama 2015 - 2016] On the Wings of Love

xiashenghan

Hello @JM1618 - thank you very much for sharing that translation. I've personally been long a lover of languages (and I try to study a lot), and I feel for the inexpressible, untranslatable aspects of one language or another. I've always loved Filipino, but it wasn't until Juan Miguel Severo as Rico started dropping verses in the "On the Wings of Love" universe that I feel truly and deeply sorry and sad for those who are not able to understand the language. 

Re: preview for Ep 54

I never knew how much I have wanted Leah to confess everything to her father until now. It's an act of desperation on Leah's part, in episode 53, which has done a lot of harm, but I'm glad that valve is somehow turned and she has released some of the secrets that have been burdening her. I like that definitive statement from Tatang Sol: "If you're worrying about having a problem with Jigs, DON'T." Finally, someone spoke up about that. And it comes from the most credible source - someone Leah looks up to and respects. I feel that this is the thing she needs to hear so she can let go of the guilt about falling in love with her husband-on-paper. I really hope to see Leah back and happy, so she can be Clark's wifey again. 

• Like 2

Preview for next week :

- I'm so happy Tatang Sol knows the truth (at least when it comes to Clark & Leah). Finally a part of the problem has been lifted and Leah can now confide in him, she so badly needed his guidance and in life it's our parents that we need the most when it comes to our life problems. I'm living for the Tatang Sol & Clark scenes, it warms my heart so much to see them bonding (it's a nice representation of a father-in-law/son-in-law dynamic too, even if Tatang Sol pulls his leg but hello ! He married his daughter without informing him, he gets leeway lol).

- Round of applause for Jigs finally doing something selfless and isn't about himself or Leah !. I really hope he stays in the States for another 2 months or so lol. His character development so badly needs to be away from Leah and revolve around himself and rebuilding his relationship with his Mum. Once that's established then we can move to resolving this unnecessary competition he has built against himself and Clark (this preceded Leah, his had an attitude problem since they were kids).

- Tiffany & Tolayts !! If it hurt seeing Clark being pushed away, it also hurt seeing Tolayts being pushed towards another girl too. I loved the conversation between Tolayts & Clark as well, speaks volumes how much they care and love for the girls. (The Olivar girls sure do have amazing men surrounding them, I have to say.)

Guest shy_girl331

I really love watching OTWOL. I love Nadine and James acting. Their tandem is just perfect for each other. I'm so happy with this show.

Just going to ask if there are any James Reid fans out here? Come join and be an official fan of James Reid as REIDers Official. We are friendly and have good vibes amongst us fellow members of the fan club. Both international fans and local fans from the Philippines. See picture below in how to join. Thank you and hope to meet you online in James Reid official fan club. :) 

804687_10156113192700125_134460272_n.jpg

I think it's safe to say luckily I don't live in the Philippines, you ask why ? Well simple, I'd be broke from wanting to buy all the merchandise from the show and attending all the events lol. I would be full fangirl-mode if I lived there (I'm so past that age to be one though lol ! at the same time it'd be so much fun too).

1 - OTWOL cast on ASAP to help celebrate Nadine's birthday (which is on the 31st Oct).

James & Nadine sang "Say You'll Never Go" and Juan Miguel Severo aka Rico performed his spoken word poetry during it (I'm curious was it a new one ?)

2. OTWOL Spread the Love Tour - I think this idea is really sweet, holding a special showcase just to say thank you to the fans.

Hello @KDIK - I only just got caught up. No. Juan Miguel performed the first poem he did for "On the Wings of Love" on "ASAP 20." The one about love and letting go. I saw some videos that he performed at the fans' day/showcase - that was "Ang Mga Basang Unan" ("The Wet Pillows," roughly), a poem I've seen on YouTube. His themes are a lot about heartbreak and letting go. 

I have to decompress from a lot of things, and looking forward to Episode 56. :) 

• Like 1

@hazelnutthursdays - Thank You for clarifying, his spoken poetry from what I've read is a massive hit with everyone. I've seen his tweets and Juan Miguel seems like a really cool guy, I love that this medium has allowed for him to reach out to a bigger audience. If Clark & Leah ever renew their vows, I'd love for him to  a ) write their vows or b ) perform at their wedding.

Came across this interview of James that he did recently you can read the full article here [x] (thankfully it's in English ! lol) But here's the OTWOL related portion :

US trip
“We were [in the United States] for nine days,” he recalled. “We shot eight days nonstop, from 7 a.m. to 3 a.m. [the following day]. We barely slept for those nine days. We taped as many scenes as we could.”
Due to some changes in the story, however, James said some of the footage wouldn’t be used anymore. “We didn’t get to use all of it because the story changed as it was being aired. It’s unfortunate; we didn’t get to use all the scenes. There are some scenes we took but people will never get to see [them].”
In the series, James plays Clark Medina, a US resident who is the son of a Filipino woman, who has since died, and an American who doesn’t want anything to do with him.
James is very much like Clark, he said. “Clark is very family-oriented, there is nothing he won’t do for his family. I’m like that, too. I work so hard; that’s all for my family, to bring them here, to give them a better life.”
One of his realizations working on the series is about making decisions in life.
“Biggest [realization] would probably be [about] choosing love or work, career or falling in love,” he said. “Clark, obviously, chooses love. Me, it’s work.”
James added, “I love what I do, that’s why it’s not so hard.”

- That explains the hug at the fountain.

James recent IG update :

BTS/Tapings :

- I'm eager to see what our second female lead brings to the story.

Sharing this pic cause well .... Nadine Lustre is gorgeous !! & we all need to bask in her flawlessness lol :

Hello @KDIK - I have to correct myself. In the mall showcase, Juan Miguel also performed "Sampung Bagay na Natutunan ko sa Mga Umiibig" (10 Things I've Learned from Those Who Love, the first one he performed on "On the Wings of Love") during the interlude for James and Nadine's performance of "Say You'll Never Go." I might be a little wheezy by that time, but I do remember seeing a video of "Mga Basang Unan," so I'm hoping they did have a separate segment for him. 

Which hug at the fountain? I think I remember it happening in Leah's daydream proposal. :)

I hope we get some airtime for those shot scenes, even in the form of extra features in the DVD. :) 

Edited by hazelnutthursdays
  • Like 1

Hello @KDIK - I have to correct myself. In the mall showcase, Juan Miguel also performed "Sampung Bagay na Natutunan ko sa Mga Umiibig" (10 Things I've Learned from Those Who Love, the first one he performed on "On the Wings of Love") during the interlude for James and Nadine's performance of "Say You'll Never Go." I might be a little wheezy by that time, but I do remember seeing a video of "Mga Basang Unan," so I'm hoping they did have a separate segment for him. 

Which hug at the fountain? I think I remember it happening in Leah's daydream proposal. :)

I hope we get some airtime for those shot scenes, even in the form of extra features in the DVD. :) 

I'm pretty sure he performed twice. It's such a nice touch to have him alongside James & Nadine, when they sing "Say You'll Never Go" (By the way, I don't like the updated version of that song lol. I saw Eric re-recorded it for the show, which wasn't necessary tbh)

The hug scene I'm referring to is this one, it's used as the thumbnail (appears at 0:42) : - I think that's the only footage we've been shown, that didn't make it in the end (dying to know what other scenes were filmed).

Just finished watching the latest episode, really hoping Jigs doesn't fly back after his friend shows him the clip of Clark representing Tenement Uno at that festival. Jigs is doing so well in the States, I don't want that to be derailed because of this (plus it's just nice not having to see his face all the time lol.).

James's IG update (Question - San Agustin Church, is it well known ?):

BTS/Taping -

Hello @KDIK - I'm not sure, and please anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do seem to remember that brief side hug scene that you just showed is when they talked about making the most of their time left as hubby-wifey.

Yes, San Agustin Church is a pretty popular church. It's a historical landmark, too, and known for its architectural and artistic value. It sits inside Manila's Intramuros, which is also a heritage site and a district away from Manila's main Chinatown. A few corners away is the Manila Cathedral, which is the seat of the Archbishop of Manila. San Agustin is an active church - I don't know if I'm using the term properly, but I just mean that San Agustin is still being used for church services: regular masses and ceremonies and such. I've attended a couple of weddings in there, though I've not attended a bride who wed in San Agustin (yet, at least.) :) If the creators of the series or the story progresses such that Clark and Leah decide to get married in church, it would be pretty to hold it here. (But I also think it's one of the more expensive venues to hold weddings at, so maybe Clark needs to earn a little bit more money off his business :D And it would probably be more in character for them to marry in an intimate church ceremony).

"Say You'll Never Go" with Rico's verses in the interlude is really beautiful. I agree, there doesn't need to be a rerecorded version of it. But that's how the ball rolled. *shrugs* 

Guest leira_777

Reaction from last night's ep, after replaying it on my mind this morning. 

The GOOD:
It was nice to see Tolayts very confident that he's still a notch higher than Clark in Tatang Sol's heart. It is true, even if he's not even Tiffany's BF. He really worked hard for it and Tatang loves him like a son.

Finally, we also get to hear from Tita Jacq that she's actually not opposed to Clark & Leah's love story. She's even happy for them. I knew Tita Jacq is a kind person and she has always loved Clark as a son. She was just not free to express it because she needed to side with Jigs partly because she feels sorry for him but, I think, more on feeling obliged because of her previous guilt. I hope they get Jigs to meet the pretty, drunk girl. Time for Jigs din to move on and be happy. 

Golden moments like above make me appreciate the writers for giving us better view of the supporting characters' hearts. 

The BAD:
This may be an unpopular opinion but I disliked most the fire scene. Aside from me finding the desperation act from the wife lacking, I found Clark's scene unbelievable. While I appreciate fan service once in a while, which means I appreciated the tight CLeah hug, there are still details in that fire that make me feel meh. It's a wonder Clark didn't pass out from all the smoke, but it's a greater wonder where he passed through. How did he easily come out of that fire after struggling for a long time?! The tenement units are supposed to be small and attached to one another. So where did Clark come out? Viewers already talk about Clark being a fictional character but his actions previously were still rational and realistic. But this time, did they really want him to look like Superman -- to make him a totally fictitious character? :phew::huh:

I won't write further the illogicality of not washing himself before going to bed. I know it's simply to give us a caring CLeah moment but I just found it too icky that he smelled so much of smoke and covered in soot, then sitting/lying on the bed. 

I don't know if there are more ads nowadays but I feel the pacing is still slower than their usual. The only progression last night was Tatang Sol fully accepting Clark. CLeah is still stuck in the push-pull sequence (yeah, after the tight hug and the starry eyes to Clark, Leah would then avoid him again :rolleyes: ). As one pointed out, when would Clark tell Leah what Nanang told him? Where was Jigs' friend's video? Was waiting for that to be sent to Jigs last night. 

they're having these extra scenes or events because they have to prolong the series -  they are extended until feb 2016.  it was originally to run until november only.  so, i think, the main plot is still the same but they have to add additional events and character/s( a new girl will be introduce soon) to help prolong the series.  eventually, i think clark and leah will have to go back to san francisco for the continuation of leah's mom story and how it will be resolved. i think realistically, clark and leah can afford to go back to san francisco then leah's mom coming to the philippines - where will she get the money.  they have a lot of sub stories to work on until feb 2016 - just hope the pacing will still be fast and the story believable.  i personally loved the episode of mr. tenament contest - it was fun and cute.  the fire episode is just a so so for me - leah's getting into my nerves with the treatment she's giving clark.

i'm missing the old leah and hope she comes back soon. clark is turning out to be a perfect husband, son in law, neighbor, brother,employer and everything else rolled into one.  he's just too good to be true plus omg - the looks - the camera loves him, so handsome and what body.  i want a clark for myself. 

• Like 2

Hi to CLeah's lovers :)

I was so looking fwd to this ep with fire scene...but after that great i-was-really-afraid-for-you hug :wub: Leah runs again :( ...wonder when Clark will get tired...even her father has softened on him a lot since he came...

Leah's mom came again...i'm glad they brought her in again...it's about time father learns the truth about her...but then again...how 'll he survive she's alive and that his daughters hid another big thing from him :( 

• Like 2