[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

brabbit I agree,waiting for each week is too much bothersome, especially as you have to disintegrate from the story line and then get involved again,I kind of keep it on stock just because I know I'd be too much anxious when they end at cliffhanger each time lol.Also love kim hyon joo too! Started watching because of her,but she's killing the rude and angsty role of Hae Kang.Last episode was also too painful to watch with the plotting of m-i-l and s-i-l.Considering this is a 50 ep drama,I guess we still have lots of torturing to keep up with =/. 

on the plus side, we will probably grow fond of each other on this thread as we get to hang out for 6 months!! :) ....well, if we don't dissolve into all out war like it happens in some threads, but keeping fingers crossed, we will be cheerful and enjoy the ride!

Yes, I am having a great time!!!!!! This thread is awesome.:D

ahhh the pictures of HG and BS together with the kids, I am looking for that scene, cant wait to see happy HG smiling. Let's move to another level of the drama.

Actor Lee Jae Yoon is added to the casts

201509171456775933_55fa5a10cdb4e.jpg

He will play Min Tae Suk's brother in the drama. He will have some relationship with both HG and YK, He will play a doctor in the drama???( from google translate)

Wow, thanks for letting us know!!!! Whooooo Hooooo! Glad to see another male added to the cast!!! I wonder if he will end up with anyone?  This is too great!!!! So excited and the plot thickens!!!! lol:w00t:

@joojanah, hello, and welcome to the thread..

@LHRCN, thank you for letting us know about Actor Lee Jae Yoon is added to the cast.  (yea.. I also want to move to a different level of the drama) I hope this is coming this weekend

Larger versions of the photos @tunquat    had posted (pag. 51)

12032104_875605742536211_139662945642362

11988720_875605685869550_317390665756876

@Lmangla, thank you for your answer re, the divorce.   yes, it makes better sense to me now.

Thinking of your example of HYI, where she left that horrible marriage and nasty MIL, makes me think that possibly majority of the viewers of Kdrama are women, and therefore tend to side more with the woman in a marital dispute. Women may tend to feel, as if that was actually happening to them, and react this way.  Just a thought. 

Personally, I think that anyone who is miserable in a relationship, should be free to leave. Marriage is not a prison. But I tend to agree with you and @ymiss, that neither one of them was really emotionally ready to leave that marriage - yet!  In that respect, maybe (and we can only guess) if SR was not around, and that infidelity did not happen, just maybe they would have worked out their differences, despite the fact that JE already had the divorce papers for some time now. And that is what happens to marriage at their weaker points. If the marriage was strong to begin with - no seductress could have shaken it's foundation. But because there was already a crack in the foundation of that marriage, SR was able to work her way in. 

@lclarakl, you wrote that HG gave the toilet paper to JE like a dog (because dogs sometimes drink from the toilet - however, dog may choose that - JE did not have a choice or knowledge about it) As I had written earlier, I would not even do that to a dog. (and dogs are pretty precious in my book), but I would argue that once HG feels that JE is that kind of a dog that deserves toilet water, that is a good time for her to let go of him. There is now a total break of trust between them, and what lingers maybe is just a memory of what was and what could have been.

I think also, as I said before, when they annoy the heck out of us, that means they do a good job as actors.

@brabbit    I agree with what you shared in your post. It had also occured to me that he had the divorce papers before SR was in the picture, and already did not have physical relationship with HG.  This is my first time watching both Kim Hyun-Joo and Park Han-Byul (though I do know of some of their previous roles). I think they are both doing a terrific job here.

I hope that HK will find her way during this drama, but damn 50 episodes!!! LOL  - (I hear you!)

To all those who say that JE only loved a woman he had in his head, I suggest we wait and see how HG is after the accident (the photos above are some clue too), and see what she is like - because we were told that HG after the accident, once she lost her memory - is more like the woman JE had fallen in love with initially.  Personally I tend to think when meeting someone for the first time, or in the initial steps of getting to know someone,  people tend to "fill in the blanks" of what they want this person to be. But after 15 years of being together, I'd guess they pretty much know each other.

I am going to post this now, and continue to read what you all have offered here...

12042832_875605669202885_381229787721386

Edited by irilight
  • Like 11

@ayselluna - I agree with much of what you express. To be honest - I do not understand HG and why she wants to hang on to this marriage after she had served him the toilet water. In my mind, she had crossed the Rubicon with that action.

The question remains in my mind - Why would a woman, any woman - want to hang on to a man who had cheated on her, and show no remorse, and no desire to be with her?  I do not understand this mind set. But I try to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I remember I was having a discussion once with friends about battered women and why they stay in their horrible relationships; and as we were debating and guessing etc. One guy said that he did not understand the kind of guys who are abusing women; Because in his mind - why would any man want to be with a woman whom he thinks deserves to beaten again and again? His response really made me think, about how we look at ourselves, and how we value ourselves.

I love this saying that you had quoted:  

“Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours”.

I think this writer for sure is showing us that no one is perfect. And in a marriage too, we need to take the good and the bad.

@ymiss, I agree with you. It is very confusing. And us - as viewers - don't have all the details to base a good answer on.

@nearsea   @lclarakl  I understand what you say about respecting HG for putting aside her pride and begging for her marriage - but -   HG begged the wrong person. She went on her knees and begged SR.  I had said it before - had she done the same thing with JE, she may have gotten the response she wanted. To JE she has not shown her vulnerability at all.  In fact, I think part of the problem, is that JE does not think she loves him at all. He had only dealt with a pretty cold and reserved HG.

@Lmangla said:   on the plus side, we will probably grow fond of each other on this thread as we get to hang out for 6 months!! :) ....well, if we don't dissolve into all out war like it happens in some threads, but keeping fingers crossed, we will be cheerful and enjoy the ride!

Amen to that!

@andy78    You found another great article! Thank you. How comforting to know we are not alone! Now I wonder if the scriptwriter and or the broadcasting company - will react to those comments, and make changes  in the script accordingly?

@Misstwilightfan1416     Thank you so much for that BTS video. A good reminder to all of us not to take it all so seriously.  :)

12006334_873604826069636_832606585543712

12002202_873604402736345_650709879521833

I wonder which one of this couple is worst. Husband or wife...

12011311_873604896069629_728282186748454

• Like 9

here is a question for folks ~ so we have another couple in this drama where there is also cheating in the marriage. Jin Ri's husband (what is the guy's name? MS?) has one night stands and thinks of them as utterly harmless. while Jin Ri gets mad, she doesn't seem enraged enough to walk out or anything because she needs him to beat her brother at the company. so here is my question -- how come folks aren't bothered by that relationship dynamic? is it because they are side characters and not the main leads? is it because they are both stupid characters that don't inspire any feeling from us viewers to care about them? would love to hear your views on the dynamic on this marriage and why we viewers don't seem perturbed by these two...

• Like 9

here is a question for folks ~ so we have another couple in this drama where there is also cheating in the marriage. Jin Ri's husband (what is the guy's name? MS?) has one night stands and thinks of them as utterly harmless. while Jin Ri gets mad, she doesn't seem enraged enough to walk out or anything because she needs him to beat her brother at the company. so here is my question -- how come folks aren't bothered by that relationship dynamic? is it because they are side characters and not the main leads? is it because they are both stupid characters that don't inspire any feeling from us viewers to care about them? would love to hear your views on the dynamic on this marriage and why we viewers don't seem perturbed by these two...

I guess the reason why no-one is bothered by their relationship dynamic here is because those characters themselves aren't bothered by it.

Edited by ayselluna
  • Like 10

YES THIS IS A 50 EP. DRAMA...WE MUST WAIT AND WATCH OUR CHARACTERS...WE HAVE  4 YEARS PERIOD OF TIME ...PEOPLE CHANGE...BY THE WAY WE SHOULD EXPECT SOME CHANGES...THIS IS SECRET 'S DRAMA WRITER...AND HE DID CHANGED THE ORIGINAL SINOPSIS....THE HEROINE WAS NOT A SINGLE MOTHER LIKE WE THOUGHT!!!

Edited by andy78
  • Like 9

You know, let's look at it this way!

Jin Eun and Hae Gang are sleeping separately at night! I'm not sure how long that has been happening! Hae Gang said to Jin Eun that she should be the one ignoring him and not him ignoring her which means they're at a point where both basically already gave up on their marriage, took a break, put their marriage in hiatus or what not! Jin Eun even has the divorce paper ready! He just haven't show, give it to Hae Gang yet! Now, maybe that he's ignoring her (not sleeping with her at night, not talking to her and so forth), she probably realized that she's at fault for ignoring him first (not being communicative enough with him and seem to go about with her job easily without emotional break downs or what not) so she tries to work it out with him feeling, knowing that it's already too late yet she still trys!

Then Soel Ri came into the picture! She told Hae Gang that Jin Eun's not aware of her feelings and it's only one sided from her! Hae Gang confronted Jin Eun and I guess Soel Ri became another, the main excuse, reason to widen the gap between him and Hae Gang!

Maybe that's why Hae Gang was able to ease herself and remained clam after she saw Jin Eun and Soel Ri kissed! And the next day, she was able to do what she did with Jin Eun's toothbrush and the toilet water towards Jin Eun! She's probably thinking, it's already too late, Jin Eun's pretty much ignoring, avoiding her, and she's going to make him pay for not understanding her but she will continue to hang on and keep trying in case just maybe their marriage may work out some how, some way! But for real, on the side, she knows it will not!

I say people make choices, decisions at the spur of the moment without enough thinking and/or reconsideration! And those choices, decisions either make or break a person!

Maybe Hae Gang didn't intentionally ignored Jin Eun to the point where he would felt that it's better they both go their own way! Maybe it was her way of trying to live, cope after their child passed away and Jin Eun misinterpreted it! When she realized what she has done and wanted to fix it, it's already too late! Whatever her reasoning, purpose was, her decisions, actions led to her marriage falling apart even when she didn't meant it! It would be nice if Jin Eun gave her another chance! But not every opportunity come with more than one chance! Maybe later in the drama, there will be another chance for them! We will have to wait and see!

I walked out on my husband one time due to an occurrence! I felt that I needed space, time, a break to endure that particular problem that caused me to leave but when I was alone, I thought about life as a whole for our children and especially for myself, I realized that even if our life is hard, I couldn't live without him and he truly love me including our children! In that case, putting my dignity aside for his family, I care less what they thought of me and as for him, he's my husband and he should be able to accept me at my worst, I came back into his life and he gave me another chance! I was lucky, fortunate that we're still together till this day! There may be better or worse men out there but there wouldn't be a man like him!

No matter how bad, worse a marriage is, no one's perfect, nothing's perfect, I say one should fight all one could until it's really the end! One never know, the other may change their mind and the marriage may just prevail! At least at the end of the day, one could say that him/her try their best, gave their all before really giving up!

• Like 12

I guess the reason why no-one is bothered by their relationship dynamic here is because those characters themselves aren't bothered by it.

I agree what joins them is keeping the position and what bothers them is losing it especially to HK. If I remember right MTS said "your father chose me" and so I think the marriage was arranged. For them HK is the irritant that keeps them together. And Jin Ri dislikes her stepmother because she was the mistress who had a son and whom she thinks made her mother suffer. She may also be bothered that  MTS will beget a child with another woman. She has been childless and she harps on HK not having another child. but it probably bothers her more that she is childless because if she had a son, the father's favor might turn her way. She is the legitimate child after all. But then now that MTS knows that Choi is not the real owner of the Sangwasan patent, will he want to have a child with Jin Ri? Will Jin Ri give SR more Pudoxin just to oust the competition, the child inheritor to be?

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 10

@irilight, you missed my point in regards to the dog drinking from a toilet bowl. HK is disgusted by JE's behavior and I feel she served him something just as disgusting. I personally would never dream of doing this to a person, I'm a more in your face and want you to know exactly how I feel. However, I guess this is not as shocking to me because I've watched enough reality television to know that people do this more often than you think. I travel quite a bit for business and refuse to leave my toothbrush in its case on the bathroom counter when I'm out of the hotel room. People did stuff like this in college. 

The writer is showing under that somewhat calm exterior, HK is very angry and hurt. At this point, it's not in your face. Reminded me of the intern on the drama Producer.  You don't think rational when you are that hurt, you want to make the other person pay. Prisons are full of people who acted out of anger because they did things when their emotions were high. I can understand HK--she needed a sense Of satisfaction. Just as I could understand a mother or father killing someone who molested their child. It's about making that person pay for what they have done. You have other parents who will let the legal system take care of the matter. I understand those parents as well and hope I could do the same. 

Again, when it comes to love, there is a thin line between love and hate. The person you love is the only person that can hurt you in a way that no other person can. You expect that person to have your best interest at heart and not do anything to hurt you. When they betray you, your anger and hurt is ten times worse because they're not strangers.

In regards to begging SR and not JE; it's hard to beg a person who won't even listen to you. I can also understand her going to SR because she probably see that JE has latched on to SR like a pet project and won't let go unless SR lets him go--who knows, probably from their college days. 

Again, looking back, HK can at least say she tried everything.  As much as I wanted her to leave immediately, I can't fault her for trying to hang on to her marriage. Now, I'm ready for this show to move on. It would be nice to know why JE hate her so much. 

One little tidbit of information. I assume HK cleans her toilets regularly as we most do. There have been studies that show water out of a drinking/water fountain has more bacteria than out of a toilet bowl---go figure.

Edited by lclarakl
  • Like 7

I agree what joins them is keeping the position and what bothers them is losing it especially to HK. If I remember right MTS said "your father chose me" and so I think the marriage was arranged. For them HK is the irritant that keeps them together. And Jin Ri dislikes her stepmother because she was the mistress who had a son and whom she thinks made her mother suffer. She may also be bothered that  MTS will beget a child with another woman. She has been childless and she harps on HK not having another child. but it probably bothers her more that she is childless because if she had a son, the father's favor might turn her way. She is the legitimate child after all.

Based on what we've been offered so far, one can conclude that Jin-ri and Tae-seok aren't childless... It just seems that their children are somewhere abroad, maybe studying. 

In the scene where Tae-seok advised Jin-ri on how to behave at the press conference, he suggested that she go visit the kids - as a way to heal. And he also mentioned having a boy and a girl while speaking to Yong-gi's grandmother.

Edited by ayselluna
  • Like 6

Another drama that featured infidelity and toilets was Your Neighbor's Wife. I watched it recently since viki uploaded it with subs, the housewife character (Shin Eun Kyung) used her husband's toothbrush to clean the toilet... also spit on his food and I *think* she gave him water from the toilet once, I'm fuzzy on the details but I think he did notice his toothbrush was weird when he used it later and got diarrhea. Didn't think I'd get to see something similar in another drama so soon lol

• Like 7

Lol..seeing so much uproar about the toothbrush..on a second thought..it does sound like an unimaginable thing to do...kind of like waiters who spit on food out of anger or irritation...Now I feel curious why the writer decided to go that route...also if she/he's writing from personal experience.

• Like 6

" I understand what you say about respecting HG for putting aside her pride and begging for her marriage - but -   HG begged the wrong person. She went on her knees and begged SR.  I had said it before - had she done the same thing with JE, she may have gotten the response she wanted. To JE she has not shown her vulnerability at all.  In fact, I think part of the problem, is that JE does not think she loves him at all. He had only dealt with a pretty cold and reserved HG."

@irilight...I think you could be right there ..there could have been lack of communication among them..and now it's beyond any fix.For some unknown reason HK never wanted to bother jin eon first ..she just quietly wanted to take care of the whole situation thinking he would come clean..maybe it's because of her way of handling clients..but I've always thought that HK is not a total white person either...only that she's less dirty than jin eon here.So,bad things keep happening in life,and they come for a reason.They make us question our actions and kind of put us back in track...that's just  my point of view on the whole matter.Maybe,after all this fuss HK would be a better person and human being..all in all.Until now,I felt she has been just stepping on the cicada ...not thinking about the repercussion.She has chosen to stay in this family full of people,who have only got hatred for each other...even if they're connected by blood or ties of relation no matter what.But,this chance of incidents would finally make her question herself and the way the people around her behave.

Edited by nearsea
  • Like 7

so lesson #1 from this drama ~ if you are cheating or have an angry spouse, keep your toothbrush in a safe place! kekeke.... 

hot2

@Lmangla, thank you for the laugh. Such a breath of fresh air to come here for laughter....  Smiley

" I understand what you say about respecting HG for putting aside her pride and begging for her marriage - but -   HG begged the wrong person. She went on her knees and begged SR.  I had said it before - had she done the same thing with JE, she may have gotten the response she wanted. To JE she has not shown her vulnerability at all.  In fact, I think part of the problem, is that JE does not think she loves him at all. He had only dealt with a pretty cold and reserved HG."

@irilight...I think you could be right there ..there could have been lack of communication among them..and now it's beyond any fix.For some unknown reason HK never wanted to bother jin eon first ..she just quietly wanted to take care of the whole situation thinking he would come clean..maybe it's because of her way of handling clients..but I've always thought that HK is not a total white person either...only that she's less dirty than jin eon here.So,bad things keep happening in life,and they come for a reason.They make us question our actions and kind of put us back in track...that's just  my point of view on the whole matter.Maybe,after all this fuss HK would be a better person and human being..all in all.Until now,I felt she has been just stepping on the cicada ...not thinking about the repercussion.She has chosen to stay in this family full of people,who have only got hatred for each other...even if they're connected by blood or ties of relation no matter what.But,this chance of incidents would finally make her question herself and the way the people around her behave.

@nearsea     What you write makes sense to me too.. HG was in "character" by trying to fix things behind the scenes. That's what she does when she manages the business too.   Yes, I hope both she and JE will question themselves.  I cannot imagine they wouldn't do so - given the pain associated with the divorce. If they do come back together, they'd be stronger for it.

@joojanah           oh.. I am so sad to hear that about "Your Neighbor's Wife." It was the first drama that Shin Eun-Kyung did right after Scandal and I really wanted to see it. I noticed that Viki had uploaded it, and had added it to my List.

@lclarakl      ah... I hardly ever watch variety shows... For me, it was shocking,, that toothbrush thing...  I am also more of in your face lets talk type of person.

The person you love is the only person that can hurt you in a way that no other person can.

I agree with you on this statement too. But I do not agree that HG did everything possible, because the one thing she did not do - is really show JE how hurt she was and how much she loved him - regardless of him wanting or not wanting to hear it. And therefor she looked as if she was trying to manipulate him, and the situation.  She tried in her own way, and JE had tried earlier in his own way - and because they are not communicating, neither side understands the other anymore.

@Lmangla,   I was shocked when we first saw TS's infidelity and how relatively lightly JR takes it. She is not happy, but he got her "trained" that there is nothing serious about it.  To be honest - even in "Mask" I was wondering why MY was accepting SH's infidelity. Like JR here, she was the lady of the house and could throw the cheating husband out the door. In the case of MY - it was because she loved him so deeply. It is too early to see in this drama why JR accepts it. Having children with the cheating husband may play a part.  I am guessing not one here really care for this couple, in fact they are disliked. So people don't really care that they hurt each other.

@ymiss    Thank you for sharing your story and your insights. I totally agree with you. 

I think in our drama - each side did their best but they were not "synchronized".  JE did his best when HG was not noticing, and when she noticed, he already drifted away. There was a French film, with Brigitte Bardot in her best performance ever - "La vérité" (The Truth) exactly about. At one point she said - that they loved each other deeply, but not at the same time.

This may lay the foundation for them coming together again, stronger next time.

@kiefshi1056     I found one more...

12019795_875605769202875_377059659744200

• Like 10

Well I know for a fact that me and my husband have had our ups and downs as to where I did leave him and took my 3 kids with me to mother's house, but when I got their my mother asked me where I was going and what's up with the suitcase, I said to her I'm staying with u and dad for awhile. Long story short, I explained the situation to my mother between me and hubby. Please" My mother told me I can't run away because we were arguing about me being tired as a housewife, and isn't seeing eye 2 eye as a husband and wife. But she also said to me and left my mind wandering is when we took vows, it stated we're husband/wife tru thick and thin until death due us part. So I've decided to go back and work things out with him and we've been together for 25 yrs including 22 yrs of being married in which my husband is indeed a good man who loves me and his childrens as well as being a family. Lastly" I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome in this drama, as it was mentioned that a new character Lee Jae Yoon is also being cast and hope he's another great guy to interact with HG or probably end up with YK.

Edited by suchadiva42
  • Like 8

Guest dramadilla

Hiya people! 

Just visiting this thread since i started watching this drama after my dear chingu LMangla recommended it to me...Haven't been able to backtrack all pages so sorry for that.. 

Good to see some familiar names here! Some of you might even know what i'm talking about next:

For me i kinda thought i would pass on a drama about cheating (well at least the thread about it) coz the drama Temptation kinda ruined it for me...the writer nim made a mess of the story and IMO there were people on the thread that were a bit toooo sensitive about the topic ("cheating")...which at one point even made me wonder why they kept watching something they found sooo discusting...?

For me when i watch a drama about cheating f.example i try not to be too judgdmental about it....IF it's not about regular cheaters though (like the son in law in this story then i just pass on the drama)...That is because there is often a background story as to why and how the relationship had reached where it is now..and there is usually two sides of the stories....pluss too often both spouses already have sensed something is different about the relationship...and then there is up to both spouses to decide IF they want to continue fighting for their relationship or not...until the end..(even If it might be too late sometimes...)

Personally i agree the most with Ymiss (hi chingu ya!!) when she writes that you should fight hard for your marriage IF you find it precious...coz then at least you have tried your best and won't have any regrets later on...with this in mind i kinda have more "respect/understanding" for hk in this drama than i had for the wife in Temptation drama -  who in my opinion completely failed to show that she was willing to do everything to save her marriagefrom the beginning...Whilst here the wife is even begging "the third wheel" and her in laws, fighting with her hubby to try and win him back etc...

I want to see how this drama turns out..but whether it will keep me tuned in for 50 eps is hard to say though...

I hope nobody gets offended by my post. I come in peace:)  

Well I know fact a fact that me and my husband have had our ups and downs as to where I did leave him and took my 3 kids with me to mother's house, but when I got their my mother asked me where I was going and what's up with the suitcase, I said to her I'm staying with u and dad for awhile. Long story short, I explained the situation to my mother between me and hubby. Please" My mother told me I can't run away because we were arguing about me being tired as a housewife, and isn't seeing eye 2 eye as a husband and wife. But she also said to me and left my mind wandering is when we took vows, it stated we're husband/wife tru thick and thin until death due us part. So I've decided to go back and work things out with him and we've been together for 25 yrs including 22 yrs of being married in which my husband is indeed a good man who loves me and his childrens as well as being a family. Lastly" I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome in this drama, as it was mentioned that a new character Lee Jae Yoon is also being cast and hope he's another great guy to interact with HG or probably end up with YK.

@suchadiva42,  Girl you nuts your ,mom was right LMAO  we all do things that we get tired of doing but that's apart of marriage do you think your husband enjoy going to work everyday giving you his money..

• Like 5