[OFFICIAL THREAD] So Ji Sub ♥ Shin Min Ah - Oh My Venus Couple - SoShin/Scarf Couple

4nnlov3pink

Actually I suspect they have broken up... just that they delay in announcement....  well this is just my own personal speculation... 

Sjs wouldn't say such touching things to his costar in public and making her shy and touched by his speech if she was still attached?  I mean even if they are close... sjs looks like someone who would respect people....  And they know netizens love them... ship them.. maybe you can say they are doing PR for the drama... but if sma really still have a bf.. maybe she might say.. let's not post the selfie up..  we've got enough attention on us..  but no.... they gave us more chance to spazzzzzzz.....  seriously???? 

*deluded me... haahhahhah *

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ladychan1984 Thanks so much for re-posting your interesting comment :) I agree there was something fishy about the way they confirmed the relationship. It looked like SMA, in some way, "had to" do that confirmation, to me. 

I was taken aback when reading about her boyfriend, KWB,  haha. I was like how come a private and introvert person like SMA could go public after a merely suspicion published in an article like that? But I have to say, in the same time, I was thinking that there was definitely something going on between them that pushed her into a sensitive position and then had to confirm their relationship. 

Well, for the time being, let's wait and see haha. 

@ladychan1984@siasia_stv

Thank you girls for your insights! For someone like me who has no idea about SMA and SJS personal lives nor agendas as an actors (I only knew them through dramas until I watch OMV and ended up here shipping these two. Lol), it's quite overwhelming to know more about them since I have no intentions to do so and yet here I am reading all the infos about them. I have few actors who I follow and they have the same principle as our couple in terms of separating their "personal" lives from their status as "actors", so I kind of knew how it feels when your bias are being a subject of such discussions. Lol It's hard to make statements actually if you don't know exactly about them, you're just a fan and of course you don't know who and what they actually are as a person. Being just a "fan" is different to someone who is being as "friend,relatives or lover" to know them more. *sigh* So it's really hard to make judgements. Following them for years doesn't really justify that you know exactly everything what's going with their lives and it's quite frustrating to some people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we don't have the right to make judgements nor statements about them when we don't even know them personally-- the mere fact that there is this Johari Window of course we as fans will fall in two areas: the open and blind. (,can't believe I even mention about this. Lol) so we can still observe and pinpoint their personalities and actions even though we just see them from afar, and would be an advantage also for some people who's been a dedicated fan for years.(I salute you guys who keep on cheering for them no matter what.)

KEnt industry is so strict, that up until now I still don't understand it in so many forms: why are they this? Why is such things are big deal for them when in my place it's the opposite?

SMA is undeniably one of those actresses who already made their name in Kshowbiz. She's been in the industry for such a long year but as time goes on and as the industry is booming with new actors/actresses, she needs to keep up with the game to maintain her status. I'm not saying nor implying any negative comment about it, that's the truth and I guess everyone is aware of that. We don't know what's exactly going on especially if we never been on such area (being a celebrity and such). Her relationship with KWB may sound doubtful to some but hey, maybe they are right? We don't know. As someone mentioned about how she changed right after her new agency (I'm talking about her SNS) is there any reason behind it? PR maybe? Or simply just because she just want to keep and reach out with her fans? There are so many things to consider. Who knows what is exactly happening behind the curtain. Let us all take it slow and be surprise in the end. As for SJS, as much as I want to learn about him more, it would probably take me forever to do such. Lol

Keep on posting and sharing your goodies guys! It's fun when you learn something new over discussions. Fighting! :)

I don't know what to think after reading your comments about SMA and KWB dating confirmation news is part of their PR team. I also hope that it is true but at the same time,I can't allow myself to believe it.

For KWB,it is definetely beneficial in terms of being more well known but at the same time he might lose some fans. As he is still quite new to the industry. But for SMA,she does not need this kind of PR as she is already popular enough and it can be harmful to her if she does not date him in reality. 

So, it is actually hard to believe that SMA would agree to lie like that. 

Everytime I watched any drama that OTP had very strong chemistry. I always felt wanting to ship them and after waiting for years,I still have not heard any dating news of the couples that I shipped.  So I am quite reluctant this time to ship SJS and SMA as I realised that all A-list actors/actresses are so proffessional in their job so that they can have strong chemistry with almost any partner which led fans to believe they are real couple. Although having these thoughts,I still cannot  stop shipping them. They look just so good together:wub:

Guest pebo89

Happy New Year SoShin shippers!Here's a random question but oh well lol Can anyone of you find out the brands of our OTP's outfits & shoes from last night's awards?

20 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Yay a forum for the "out of this world" couple!  I loved that SJS held her hand while walking to receive their award. Isn't he known as an introvert?! 

I love woo bin , but sorry baby, you still have the military to attend and we can't have our girl waiting around for you.  She isn't getting any younger and is at the appropriate age to settle down.  

Does anyone have clips of when SJS acted out the plank move on the host? 

* As I zoom in the way he changed the linked arm of SMA and held her hand instead, it was when they needed to go up the stage.  I would think it was his good self to make sure SMA didn't trip.  A precaution only and I think he doesn't mean anything.  I was once told by a man when I hold his hand.  He said, as lover I should interlocked fingers with him.  I didn't see that from SJS did that [haha .. I wish, though!]

Clips of SJS acted out the plank move on the host?  I found only 3 vids of SJS related KBS award 2015.  Probably first one about it.  Here he said he loved everything of SMA and there is none he doesn't like from her.

This one was when all couples were announced and went on stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GerEnWlUg

Last one is he was announced as the best actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L3cC7U7wok

In the beginning, I don't have any interest to watch OMV.  I watch SJS in Something Happened in Bali, I didn't so much into him.  And I watch only first ep of SMA in My Girlfriend is A Gumiho because I don't really like LSG.  But my friend keeps telling me to watch.  She said it is funny and chemistry of SJS and SMA are so great.  That time I know SMA and KWB have been in relationship, and wondering how great chemistry it may be.  And I don't regret, I fall in love with them.  So as shipper, I think I have great hope to see SJS and SMA go real.  Lol... am I too much?  No offense to KWB-SMA fans... it's only my silly wish :P

Guys, I know you want SMH and SJS to be a thing, because you all enjoying OMV drama. I do myself and think they're charming together. Ship them all you want. You guys can even ignore the fact, that she is dating KWB. But stop speculating about their (SMH/KWB) personal life. Because 1st it's disrespectful, 2nd it's not your business guys. 

Welcome onboard @a15t3 :)) Haha all us shippers here share ur wish :wub: Our SoShin couple just look so good together that it's hard not being a bit delusional :sweatingbullets: I loved them since Giordano days and my wish was granted when they star in OMV together!!! Haha so let us just keep hoping, who knows someday our wish may come true:P

1 hour ago, meocon97 said:

Everytime I watched any drama that OTP had very strong chemistry. I always felt wanting to ship them and after waiting for years,I still have not heard any dating news of the couples that I shipped.  So I am quite reluctant this time to ship SJS and SMA as I realised that all A-list actors/actresses are so proffessional in their job so that they can have strong chemistry with almost any partner which led fans to believe they are real couple. Although having these thoughts,I still cannot  stop shipping them. They look just so good together:wub:

Sorry to cut your post @meocon97...

I have only shipped a couple while they were playing a couple on a variety show (yes, We Got Married guilty as charged!), and while that is not truly reality, it is still different from drama setup.  There are so many good dramas with moving lovelines, and so many good actors/believable OTPs...  So I'm really curious though this might be difficult to describe/answer [for everyone not just @meocon97]:

Do you ship a high percentage of the drama OTPs you watch?  If not, what is the thing that turns you into a shipper of a drama OTP?

1 hour ago, a15t3 said:

* As I zoom in the way he changed the linked arm of SMA and held her hand instead, it was when they needed to go up the stage.  I would think it was his good self to make sure SMA didn't trip.  A precaution only and I think he doesn't mean anything.  I was once told by a man when I hold his hand.  He said, as lover I should interlocked fingers with him.  I didn't see that from SJS did that [haha .. I wish, though!]

Clips of SJS acted out the plank move on the host?  I found only 3 vids of SJS related KBS award 2015.  Probably first one about it.  Here he said he loved everything of SMA and there is none he doesn't like from her.

This one was when all couples were announced and went on stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GerEnWlUg

Last one is he was announced as the best actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L3cC7U7wok

thank you thank you thank you. was trying to find this clip forever. wish they kept the clip going to show the back patting since he is all about that!

as for the hand holding, well, my husband and i dont prefer interlocking hands when walking either, mainly because his hands are too big and because it helps keep my hands warmer that way. SJS is being a total gentleman. same thing when he took initiative to snatch her water bottle at presscon to open it for her. 

during the best couples announcement, did you notice when the third couple (not sure what their names are) were walking on stage, SMA and SJS exchanged something that made SJS laugh. i heart those off-cam moments. 

their entrance was hot, like a power couple showing up fashionably late. the ones everyone in attendance holds their breath for. KBS is nothing without them this season!

I also don't think that SMA would be involved in a fake dating scandal PR stunt. She wouldn't benefit from it in any way. SMA is a respected actress while KWB is at the early-mid stages of his acting career. And plus, why would she put herself out there for his rabid legion of fans to scrutinize her unless she was romantically involved with him and it was worth the risk? I think that they are truly dating and are probably happy but dealing with the pressures of dating in the Korean entertainment industry. One thing I do admire about KWB is his willingness to be open about his relationships and respect his girlfriends. I remember from a past article (about his ex-gf), he said that he did not feel the need to hide her like she was something to be hidden and he didn't care what people/fans said. He also confirmed that relationship and they were together for many years. He's a great guy from what I've seen in variety shows. I'm sure he is feeling some heat from dating SMA since some feel he's not worthy in terms of looks. I find him to be a fine gentleman. Now, with that said, he's no SJS since SJS is all that is man, but life has its ways, doesn't it? 

Someone mentioned that timing is everything and I wholeheartedly agree. Timing is everything. Two people can be perfect together but if the timing isn't right, then it's a missed opportunity. Perhaps they weren't close during the Giordano days but I believe now, they are closer, maybe even good friends. I wonder what is going through their minds. Perhaps it's nothing at all and we're all delusional. But I'm a firm believer that you can have a significant other and love him/her but still be attracted to other people. It just depends on whether one acts on that attraction and most people usually don't. Often, you just love/are comfortable with who you're with to take the chance, hence the timing has to be right. SMA and SJS seem to be both shy and introverted so they're comfortable around each other. They're both ridiculously good looking so I'm sure there is some form of physical attraction. Of course, I think they are amazing actors. Some of the very best. But perhaps also they're channeling all the "feelings" (not insinuating that they have feelings for each other, I mean more like emotions) they can't show in real life with their respective partners into KYH and KJE. Every romantic scene they're in, it's with a tenderness and a level of romance that can only be seen in real couples. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe they're just that GREAT of actors. 

Only time will tell. Maybe 4 years from now, we'll get a marriage announcement! Haha and even if we don't, we WILL ALWAYS have KYH and KJE. They will forever be captured in time as our lovely healthy couple! 

I just hope that whoever they both end up with, that they're happy. That's all I would want as a fan! 

4 hours ago, ladychan1984 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNIk4Ihjtc

Shippers, take note at 2:40 and 3:00. Is SJS crying?! Those are tears in his eyes, right? Omo. The same longing tears YH had of JE?? So freakin' sweet. He is so happy for her. But my shipper heart wants to think he's already going to miss her after next week. Don't let your emotions go like you let her go in 2011, SJS. Go after her. :wub:

@ladychan1984 

I think both of SMA n SJS have this sad feeling about saying goodbye 2 OMV. SoShin have a great relationship with OMV team production. There are many articles about OMV (in hangul. Fortunately I can read n understand a little bit :) ) which are said about the lively atmosphere in OMV set.

And mostly the factor that makes the set more lively is uri SoShin couple, the staff said about how hard work they're through all of shooting n they have 2 face with the freezing cold weather, both of them keep the shooting set enjoyable n give a lot of fun with their funny side (yup SoShin often make a joke in shooting site ;) ), n both of SoShin impressed the staff on the set with their amazing chemistry n they couldn't agree more that SoShin are really A-list actor/actress.

There's also info that both of SoShin involve a lot 2 create the best interpretation 4 each plot of scenes in OMV, this helps much the team production 4 efficient time of course. And we also know how much the staffs of OMV appreciate SoShin hard work so they also make SoShin couple happy in shooting site n take care of them the best they can. So with this GREAT ATMOSPHERE HOW CAN U NOT FEEL SAD IF THEY FINISH THEIR DRAMA SHOOTING. It likes the feeling 2 let go something u like much.

And moreover this is what I feel as a shipper, I think this drama not only brings the ROMANTIC FEELING between SoShin onscreen but also off screen, we can feel it right chingu :wub: Love is in the air, n we already be a witness of this through yesterday KBS Drama Award moment. And this is another prove that both of have the same sad feeling 4 the last broadcast of OMV. If u re-watch (4 many times) their Award Speech, n when there's this talk about their drama both of show the same reaction/ sad reaction although they don't cry (SMA wavering speak, like want to cry much but she hold it; in other side SJS has "this take a deep breath moment", u can see how sad he is with only 2 last eps now). 

It's so different the feeling when they got the interview from Ent. Weekly, but I've got this feeling that SJS has already "an eye" towards SMA from his body language 2 SMA. So I think through OMV also SoShin Romantic feeling 2ward each other keeps progressing until now :wub: I think maybe both of them at 1st just think about their professional life as an artist but in time being of that they unaware their feeling is growing 4 real off sreen also. SMA said SJS takes care much of her, SIY also said the same. Maybe at 1st it's only bec of "feeling sorry" bec SMA has to do a hard job but then it continuous 2 another level more than just caring as a friend but romance involves.:heart:

8 minutes ago, blueroses said:

I also don't think that SMA would be involved in a fake dating scandal PR stunt. She wouldn't benefit from it in any way. SMA is a respected actress while KWB is at the early-mid stages of his acting career. And plus, why would she put herself out there for his rabid legion of fans to scrutinize her unless she was romantically involved with him and it was worth the risk? I think that they are truly dating and are probably happy but dealing with the pressures of dating in the Korean entertainment industry. One thing I do admire about KWB is his willingness to be open about his relationships and respect his girlfriends. I remember from a past article (about his ex-gf), he said that he did not feel the need to hide her like she was something to be hidden and he didn't care what people/fans said. He also confirmed that relationship and they were together for many years. He's a great guy from what I've seen in variety shows. I'm sure he is feeling some heat from dating SMA since some feel he's not worthy in terms of looks. I find him to be a fine gentleman. Now, with that said, he's no SJS since SJS is all that is man, but life has its ways, doesn't it? 

Someone mentioned that timing is everything and I wholeheartedly agree. Timing is everything. Two people can be perfect together but if the timing isn't right, then it's a missed opportunity. Perhaps they weren't close during the Giordano days but I believe now, they are closer, maybe even good friends. I wonder what is going through their minds. Perhaps it's nothing at all and we're all delusional. But I'm a firm believer that you can have a significant other and love him/her but still be attracted to other people. It just depends on whether one acts on that attraction and most people usually don't. Often, you just love/are comfortable with who you're with to take the chance, hence the timing has to be right. SMA and SJS seem to be both shy and introverted so they're comfortable around each other. They're both ridiculously good looking so I'm sure there is some form of physical attraction. Of course, I think they are amazing actors. Some of the very best. But perhaps also they're channeling all the "feelings" they can't show in real life into KYH and KJE. Every romantic scene they're in, it's with a tenderness and a level of romance that can only be seen in real couples. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe they're just that GREAT of actors. 

Only time will tell. Maybe 4 years from now, we'll get a marriage announcement! Haha and even if we don't, we WILL ALWAYS have KYH and KJE. They will forever be captured in time as our lovely healthy couple! 

I'm sorry all. I don't mean to stir any more added controversy. I'm a total SMA fan and that's why I think it's odd that it is so public. It's just my opinion on trying to make sense of suspicious things that my gut tells me, but by no means is it factual, unpopular as it may be. This is a community discussion board and I'm glad we can all be open and honest about our feelings on here without attacking each other. There's no ill intent on my part to deny or disrespect KWB+SMA's relationship, other than to keep my shipper's heart strong-- really that's all there is. 

We know nothing about who they really are nor do we know who gives them butterflies. At the end of the day, their reality is not the same as our reality. But that's why these boards exist-- it's okay to imagine or speculate or ignore it. 

Like anything regarding love and relationships, the right place and time is everything. Just like Wong Kar Wai films reminds us all the time. 

6 minutes ago, ladychan1984 said:

I'm sorry all. I don't mean to stir any more added controversy. I'm a total SMA fan and that's why I think it's odd that it is so public. It's just my opinion on trying to make sense of suspicious things that my gut tells me, but by no means is it factual, unpopular as it may be. This is a community discussion board and I'm glad we can all be open and honest about our feelings on here without attacking each other. There's no ill intent on my part to deny or disrespect KWB+SMA's relationship, other than to keep my shipper's heart strong-- really that's all there is. 

We know nothing about who they really are nor do we know who gives them butterflies. At the end of the day, their reality is not the same as our reality. But that's why these boards exist-- it's okay to imagine or speculate or ignore it. 

Like anything regarding love and relationships, the right place and time is everything. Just like Wong Kar Wai films reminds us all the time. 

I can't speak for others but I respected your opinions. 

This is a shippers forum and of course we will disagree on things and have different conjectures but like you said, this is the purpose of an open forum. I hope my post didn't come off as attacking you, that wasn't my intent at all! I was just sharing a different viewpoint :)

Looks like we won't get a preview until tomorrow. Sad face!

5 minutes ago, blueroses said:

I can't speak for others but I respected your opinions. 

This is a shippers forum and of course we will disagree on things and have different conjectures but like you said, this is the purpose of an open forum. I hope my post didn't come off as attacking you, that wasn't my intent at all! I was just sharing a different viewpoint :)

Looks like we won't get a preview until tomorrow. Sad face!

Back at ya! No worries, you're totally OK-- you've only been respectful and I appreciate it. It wasn't in this one, but I was somewhat attacked in other threads though lol. Oops. 

1 hour ago, 4nn1987 said:

@ladychan1984 

I think both of SMA n SJS have this sad feeling about saying goodbye 2 OMV. SoShin have a great relationship with OMV team production. There are many articles about OMV (in hangul. Fortunately I can read n understand a little bit :) ) which are said about the lively atmosphere in OMV set.

And mostly the factor that makes the set more lively is uri SoShin couple, the staff said about how hard work they're through all of shooting n they have 2 face with the freezing cold weather, both of them keep the shooting set enjoyable n give a lot of fun with their funny side (yup SoShin often make a joke in shooting site ;) ), n both of SoShin impressed the staff on the set with their amazing chemistry n they couldn't agree more that SoShin are really A-list actor/actress.

There's also info that both of SoShin involve a lot 2 create the best interpretation 4 each plot of scenes in OMV, this helps much the team production 4 efficient time of course. And we also know how much the staffs of OMV appreciate SoShin hard work so they also make SoShin couple happy in shooting site n take care of them the best they can. So with this GREAT ATMOSPHERE HOW CAN U NOT FEEL SAD IF THEY FINISH THEIR DRAMA SHOOTING. It likes the feeling 2 let go something u like much.

And moreover this is what I feel as a shipper, I think this drama not only brings the ROMANTIC FEELING between SoShin onscreen but also off screen, we can feel it right chingu :wub: Love is in the air, n we already be a witness of this through yesterday KBS Drama Award moment. And this is another prove that both of have the same sad feeling 4 the last broadcast of OMV. If u re-watch (4 many times) their Award Speech, n when there's this talk about their drama both of show the same reaction/ sad reaction although they don't cry (SMA wavering speak, like want to cry much but she hold it; in other side SJS has "this take a deep breath moment", u can see how sad he is with only 2 last eps now). 

It's so different the feeling when they got the interview from Ent. Weekly, but I've got this feeling that SJS has already "an eye" towards SMA from his body language 2 SMA. So I think through OMV also SoShin Romantic feeling 2ward each other keeps progressing until now :wub: I think maybe both of them at 1st just think about their professional life as an artist but in time being of that they unaware their feeling is growing 4 real off sreen also. SMA said SJS takes care much of her, SIY also said the same. Maybe at 1st it's only bec of "feeling sorry" bec SMA has to do a hard job but then it continuous 2 another level more than just caring as a friend but romance involves.:heart:

Yesssss! With SoShin, their chemistry really transcends my idea of what love could be. It's in their gazes and body language that makes us dream about that kind of love-- one that is full admiration, adoration, and care for one another, sometimes without having to even say a single word. To be genuine and feel completely understood is bliss in a relationship (totally projecting right now). Like someone said, they really communicate with their eyes and body to each other. It's not the type of passion I typically see on screen. They were in a less than 5-minute Giordano ad that had more chemistry than most drama stars I know in a 50-episode gig. WHO DOES THAT? There are few couples that make me believe and strive for that kind of love. OK, now I sound so sad hahaha. 

Archived