[OFFICIAL THREAD] So Ji Sub ♥ Shin Min Ah - Oh My Venus Couple - SoShin/Scarf Couple

4nnlov3pink

43 minutes ago, ladychan1984 said:

Hey now, don't forget we're in a SJS+SMA couple thread hahaha ;).  I distinguish on-screen couples who have chemistry on a spectrum from 'gets each other' to 'transcends passion'. I think of Gong Hyo Jin and SJS's chemistry much like I think of SMA and Jo Sung Juk (My Love, My Bride). If you watch the press-con videos, they are so comfortable with each other like how I am with my close guy friends. But it's the few guy friends that I have secret crushes on that I am so shy and awkward around. 

THIS THIS THIS. lol :blush:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ladychan1984 said:

which gif are you referring to? dimple pop?? i had thought they kept a huge space between them because they might light the stage on fire with their closeness hahahahha

sorry i can't make GIFs, I think you can find it on instagram, try to search their names. When they on the stage, SMA received the award with handful stuff. She looked at SJS like "what are you doing there, why am I the only one holding all these stuff?"...

6 minutes ago, siasia_stv said:

sorry i can't make GIFs, I think you can find it on instagram, try to search their names. When they on the stage, SMA received the award with handful stuff. She looked at SJS like "what are you doing there, why am I the only one holding all these stuff?"...

Ah, I remember now. You may be right. But I've see her do that before when she's not given any direction. I had thought it was more of "where are we supposed to stand?" Reading into it too much because there were more moments oozing with love for each other. 

10 minutes ago, rain719 said:

I thought she glared at him for making her carry everything - the trophy, bouquet, microphone .... and he sort of ignored it? I really want to ship these 2 for REAL but I guess it's wrong timing for them and TIMING is everything.... I don't want SJS with that kpop girl and definitely not WB for SMA.... sorry to say but SMA looks very matured for WB so 10-15 yrs down the road, at the height of WB's maturity, he might look for a younger girl. Here's hoping that both got to know each other well in this drama and somehow fall in love....

Sometimes we think there are so many adlibs in their actions but I hate to burst your bubble but I don't think so.... a scene is rehearsed several times before actually filming it, every nuance is discussed (saves them from ngs, cost of film, effort etc.). When a scene is fluid, that's one scene but when there is a different camera angle, the scene is done again.... That's why it takes them hours to film a particular scene that comes up for only seconds or a couple of minutes in the screen.. Ex. the summer outfit of KJE going inside the Justice Dept.  If there's an adlib, it's talked about prior to filming the scene. Why are there no ngs, few bts? these couple are seasoned actors and most probably take 1 for their scenes... maybe scenes with henry would have the most ngs!! hahaha but even JS scene in the accident was a take 1....

@ladychan1984 what do you mean by bagel figure?

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. That felt so fresh for me, I didn't see her act with other co-stars this way before.

Regarding WB and SMA, age is not the biggest problem. Personalities are. SMA never dated a guy like WB, I never thought of him being her type, well, maybe that dinosaurs face. He's just too people person. This one felt so wrong, even top matched her better than KWB in personalities.

I agree with your opinions on adlibs, that's why I never see real life chemistry from that side. SMA used to be criticized by her co-stars fans for being so cool towards their oppas. This time, I felt her being too shy. She's not this shy at OMV press conference. It's really weird. I really hope this time they can remain friends first. Her gogo70 co-star Jo Seung-woo once complained her not to send him messages back. And Lee Junki said in an interview that he was afraid of asking her phone numbers. She's so careful now about making male friends (might have something to do with all those hates she got from that top scandal and now with KWB). As far as I know, Jo Jung-suk might be the only truly male friend of her in the industry (perhaps henry now). 

27 minutes ago, rain719 said:

I thought she glared at him for making her carry everything - the trophy, bouquet, microphone .... and he sort of ignored it? I really want to ship these 2 for REAL but I guess it's wrong timing for them and TIMING is everything.... I don't want SJS with that kpop girl and definitely not WB for SMA.... sorry to say but SMA looks very matured for WB so 10-15 yrs down the road, at the height of WB's maturity, he might look for a younger girl. Here's hoping that both got to know each other well in this drama and somehow fall in love....

Sometimes we think there are so many adlibs in their actions but I hate to burst your bubble but I don't think so.... a scene is rehearsed several times before actually filming it, every nuance is discussed (saves them from ngs, cost of film, effort etc.). When a scene is fluid, that's one scene but when there is a different camera angle, the scene is done again.... That's why it takes them hours to film a particular scene that comes up for only seconds or a couple of minutes in the screen.. Ex. the summer outfit of KJE going inside the Justice Dept.  If there's an adlib, it's talked about prior to filming the scene. Why are there no ngs, few bts? these couple are seasoned actors and most probably take 1 for their scenes... maybe scenes with henry would have the most ngs!! hahaha but even JS scene in the accident was a take 1....

@ladychan1984 what do you mean by bagel figure?

It can be Googled too but here's a good pro-feminist article:

http://bust.com/feminism/6856-south-korean-starlets-stuck-with-offensive-bagel-girl-label.html

Love love love the discussions here :D Again, happy new year to all!!!

@blueroses thanks for clarifying those comments. Yeah, fans should still be tactful especially when posting on stars' official social media accounts because this is her private life we're talking about...aigoo...

@meocon97 I loved how SJS treated SMA last night. From their entrance to the interview and his acceptance speech, it was all done with consideration for his partner that night, SMA. I really think he did all those demonstrations (plank, plane exercise) to get it out of the way and so the host wouldn't bother SMA. Like one person said before (I'm sorry I don't remember who), he sort of sacrificed himself hahaha.

@siasia_stv pretty much summed up what I wanted to say too about SMA. I've been a fan of hers since A Love to Kill and believe me, she hasn't changed since then. So I actually never commented on how "shy" or "awkward" she was last night because I was just so used to it :D And to also add, she's been paired ever since with big-named actors as well (e.g. Rain, JIS, LBH, HB JJH just to name a few), and so she's also extra careful because these guys have such huge fanbases. But as @ladychan1984 mentioned, GHJ has called SMA a "cute dongsaeng that you'd like to take care of". And you could see bits of her cute personality during the BTS of her projects (I have to admit before JJS admitted to dating Gummy I really thought there was something going on with them because she and JJS were pretty chummy during MLMB promotions). So I think it also depends on her co-stars if they are able to warm up and bring out the cute, funny SMA out of her lovely shell. Haha. 

For a glimpse of SMA's real personality, here's a nice interview of GHJ and SMA when they filmed "Sisters on the Road". Youtube LINK. That's why....

@4nn1987 I agree chinggu I'd like to know from a SJS fan's perspective if this is really how he behaves during awards or public events or is there something different this time around? :) 

4 minutes ago, xxnoir said:

lol just an insight regarding what type of girl would suit SJS according from his bestie, so seung heon. kekeke :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8LX_7hpl0

Oh interesting...however, do you think there's any truth to SJS alleged idol gf (sorry I still havent had the guts to research on that)? :( 

Found this on OMV DC:

tempo.jpg

(maybe it was really a case of bad timing then...weren't they endorsers from 2010 to 2013?)

thanks to everyone's insights.. 

With regards to drama romance.. how I will describe will be that.... it's hard to not fall in love during drama if u are acting a couple!  Especially with the type of scenes they had.... but professional actors will know after the drama to snap out of it and take time to normalise their life.... so those actors who dated after their drama with costars...  u know that's how they felt.... eg. Lmh and pmy..  they dated after their drama...and yoo in ah and the other guy in the queen's man...  

I do believe they can crush on each other but they are both so seasoned and A list actors they must have high experience to not do that... or differentiate between real and reel. 

Whatever it is..I am seeing something different....  whether I am right or not..  time will tell....

Guest xxnoir
On 01/01/2016 at 0:37 AM, szne09 said:

Oh interesting...however, do you think there's any truth to SJS alleged idol gf (sorry I still havent had the guts to research on that)? :( 

Found this on OMV DC:

(maybe it was really a case of bad timing then...weren't they endorsers from 2010 to 2013?)

Apparently the rumours are not true as his agnecy denied it. here's the link: http://www.soompi.com/2013/12/22/breaking-so-jib-sub-reportedly-dating-after-schools-jooyeon/

And yeah they endorsed giordano together from 2010 to 2013. Ah what a lovely picture :heart: that's just one of my fave pics of them.

Thanks chingu @xxnoir! That girl's too young for uri SJS! Wonder where the rumors came from though :( 

Well I know even if actors share the same endorsement they don't really see each other except for occasional shoots but 3 years is a long time. Too bad like many I feel they (or at least one of them) were taken during those times. I really have nothing against KWB and in fact I supported them from the start because I'm an SMA fan but he still has a long way to go and will go to the military at that. So I'm not sure how they'll handle that. Anyway as @zeppy10 has mentioned only time will tell :) 

50 minutes ago, siasia_stv said:

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. That felt so fresh for me, I didn't see her act with other co-stars this way before. for a long time fan of SMA, this is something isn't it?

Regarding WB and SMA, age is not the biggest problem. Personalities are. SMA never dated a guy like WB, I never thought of him being her type, well, maybe that dinosaurs face. He's just too people person. This one felt so wrong, even top matched her better than KWB in personalities. remember the old adage - opposites attract! dinosaur's face? I call it the demonic look with the flying eyebrows!!!

I agree with your opinions on adlibs, that's why I never see real life chemistry from that side. (oh I did with eugene and her husband now but hard to tell with SMA/SJS as I'm a new fan)..... SMA used to be criticized by her co-stars fans for being so cool towards their oppas. SJS can be considered her oppa right?  This time, I felt her being too shy. She's not this shy at OMV press conference. It's really weird. I hope this weird feeling of yours is ominous!!!! haha I really hope this time they can remain friends first. Her gogo70 co-star Jo Seung-woo once complained her not to send him messages back. And Lee Junki said in an interview that he was afraid of asking her phone numbers. She's so careful now about making male friends (might have something to do with all those hates she got from that top scandal and now with KWB). As far as I know, Jo Jung-suk might be the only truly male friend of her in the industry (perhaps henry now). 

Don't you wish this was a 50-ep drama? that's 5 months so by then end of the drama, I'm sure SMA has broken up with WB, I don't think SJS has a current GF and the closeness might make them fall in love!!! I will gladly tolerate all the angst just to see more of SJS and think a relationship can develop!

44 minutes ago, xxnoir said:

lol just an insight regarding what type of girl would suit SJS according from his bestie, so seung heon. kekeke :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8LX_7hpl0

thanks for this!!!!! I'M THE OBEDIENT/TAMED TPE who will just follow his lead!!!!!! rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

by the way, of all the vids from last night's drama awards, his acceptance speech has the most viewed!! more than 9k++ in the kbs website

Guest xxnoir

no worries chingu @szne09! And true 3 years is a long time. Im just joping that they will get into another endorsement together after OMV. Just like park shin hye and lee jong suk? where i think theyre now both endorsing an outdoor apparel after their drama.

Calling all the companies juseyo please hire SJS and SMA as your endorsers. Jebal ㅜㅜ

Hey- had to pop over here from OMV to see what you all got up to ;)

Not trying to be negative, but maybe this will help someone who is trying not to go off shipper ledge but is dangerously close: if TOP and KWB are really SMA type of guy physically, I don't see her being into SJS.  He is completely different style.  And vice versa: SMA completely different look from LYJ (if there is any merit to SJS being interested in her).  Not that visuals are everything, and not that any others are better ....

Maybe our OTP should mix it up and give something new a try.  Haha

Anyway, just had that thought for a long time while following OMV thread.  Whatever's to be will be... wish them all the best whatever they choose.

Happy 2016 chingu!

Ps: "Fans" can be downright abusive in comments even on their faves' direct social media pages.  It really bothers me... How can they claim to support someone while being so impolite/mean/aggressive/judgmental/out of order/etc.  Of course we all have our own opinions, but I was taught to keep certain thoughts to myself.

I mean from fan's pov.. we kept saying how good looking they look together.. but let's face it... celebs see alot of good looking people..  it's nothing new to them... but what will attract sjs is probably the personality of a person at his current age...

Sma is shy in public and I felt that sjs probably like a this type... someone he can lead.. which is quite obvious...  back in sbs awards... gong hyo jin didn't attend so I can't tell how he would have treated her.. although we know sjs is known as a gentleman.. he would have treated his costars with a lot of respect and care... 

Oh well.. I think if they come together to endorse something after the drama will seal the deal that there is nothing between them. Sjs is extremely secretive about his love life. He wont have done a CF if he dates that girl. So I think we will hear very little things about them after drama ends...

R2O2Jq.gif

dont ship 'em so hard, i ship em silently for years and got heartbroken

when they stopped making CFs  i prayed and patiently waited for a drama

and this is more than what ive asked for i dont want to be too greedy by

wishing em to end up together for real, inspite of last night's awkwardness

im sure theyve gotten closer i have that feeling,just dont want to overload on it

we're down to the last 2 ep and i dont want to be too sad when they dont have

those moments anymore

Archived