[OFFICIAL THREAD] So Ji Sub ♥ Shin Min Ah - Oh My Venus Couple - SoShin/Scarf Couple

4nnlov3pink

13 hours ago, mathi said:

I have this habit of reading old pages on SJS thread, the girls mentioned it in 2012 while spazzing about this 168cm height of this mysterious girl :phew: It's would be a great convenience if he dates his neighbor, right?:lol:

I'm not sure they still live in the same place now, since Mr So owns many houses. He has eyes for investment, you know.:rolleyes:

SMA now lives in a villa. They might use to live in the same building, but I never heard that they lived in the same floor.

About the 168cm height, actually his former confirmed girlfriend Kim Hyun Joo and rumored girlfriend now (sorry I kept forgetting her name) are both at this height. SMA once said in a 2003 interview that she was taller than 168cm (she was 19 years old then). I guess her actual height is around 170 now.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, zeppy10 said:

gotta ask SMA's long time fans like @siasia_stv ... :) 

LOL about her Instagram user ID, I do try so hard to interpret.

Actually when she started this account in Feb 2015, my first reaction was, was this illusion? did it mean illusion mina? as you pronounce the word "illusion", the "sion"  part sounds like her last name "shin". I guess that's the case?

But then I thought why not illushinmina? why illusomina? tbh I did think of so ji sub at that time LOL. But this was definitely not the case.

Anyway, that's just my interpretion, only she knows her real intention.

13 hours ago, zeppy10 said:

yeah... So Ganzi is what the industry calls him... aka. Mr Cool or Mr Stylish?

Illusomina <-- this is Shin Mina's official instagram name.. so a combination of it will be illusoganzi.. which is COOL!! i like it too!!! 

If that's the case, I'll vote for illusoganzi too! :w00t:

Knetz' comments make my heart flutter. Lol
Now I'm curios if our couple are aware of this? :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, lanasagi said:

Welcome onboard @a15t3 :)) Haha all us shippers here share ur wish :wub: Our SoShin couple just look so good together that it's hard not being a bit delusional :sweatingbullets: I loved them since Giordano days and my wish was granted when they star in OMV together!!! Haha so let us just keep hoping, who knows someday our wish may come true:P

Thanks for warm welcome @lanasagi :P.. guess I am late shipper then.  So we interlock our fingers now hoping it comes true lol... my mind goes wild .. and wilder :P

6 minutes ago, blueroses said:

Aww, I found another clip of SMA doing the dimple pop backstage. Geeze, the door behind them looks so dirty and rusted lol come on, KBS! Thank you to this lovely IG user for sharing this clip with us! Credit to her! 

wow! this is cute... thanks for sharing.

보라구요?  he said?

On 1/1/2016 at 0:44 AM, luv2skulz said:

Sorry to cut your post @meocon97...

I have only shipped a couple while they were playing a couple on a variety show (yes, We Got Married guilty as charged!), and while that is not truly reality, it is still different from drama setup.  There are so many good dramas with moving lovelines, and so many good actors/believable OTPs...  So I'm really curious though this might be difficult to describe/answer [for everyone not just @meocon97]:

Do you ship a high percentage of the drama OTPs you watch?  If not, what is the thing that turns you into a shipper of a drama OTP?

Shall we propose to We Got Married PD to get them on screen?  Yay!  [guess I'm going crazy hahaha]

Guest xxnoir
10 hours ago, xoxoprincessxoxo1000 said:

Xports News - Naver: 'Oh My Venus' So Ji Sub and Shin Minah show off their 'healing smiles' at the awards ceremony 

1. [+15,057, -234] Sorry Kim Woo Bin but these match so well

2. [+8,664, -89] It's great to see So Ganji looking much more upbeat and sexier than ever before. Keep it up~ ♥

3. [+4,780] This couple is perfection

4. [+4,271, -84] Their visuals are daebak. Such a pretty couple. My heart fluttered during So Ganji's acceptance speech ♥

5. [+4,203, -118] Naughty Joo Eun and sexy Young Ho. SoShin couple's chemistry if off the charts

6. [+1,251, -16] So Ji Sub's personality has changed, he's gotten more laid-back. He used to be really quiet and was known for being an introvert. He got more approachable ever since he let loose in 'Infinity Challenge'

7. [+1,065, 13] So Ji Sub was really cool during the awards ceremony. He did everything Jun Hyun Moo asked him to do

8. [+940, -16] So Ji Sub's the type that should still be filming a drama when awards season rolls aroundㅋㅋWhen he wraps up filming, he always grows out his hair and beard and attends ceremonies looking so disheveled

9. [+938, -25] I would really want them to date if she didn't have a boyfriend

10. [+851, -25] Was expecting them to be arm and arm but I almost fainted seeing them hold hands when they went up the stage

11. [+663, -23] Sorry Woo Bin-ssi but Shin Minah looks better with So Ji Sub than you^^

Source: www.kkuljaem.blogspot.ca

Relieved to see positive comments from knetz. They are being loved. :blush: So cute they call them SoShin couple haha.

@blueroses This video was taken when they waited at the backstage before the best couple award was announced. The reporter asked mina's feeling about costar SJS, she replied, he was someone she can count on. During her speech, she called him oppa. Then she did the dimple kiss. That's why SJS said "then I'd pick it up" at his very first sentence during his interview. Then he commented that the best cp award was the award he was most looking forward to. He also said that filming with SMA was full of joy and made him feel happy.

5 minutes ago, siasia_stv said:

@blueroses This video was taken when they waited at the backstage before the best couple award was announced. The reporter asked mina's feeling about costar SJS, she replied, he was someone she can count on. During her speech, she called him oppa. Then she did the dimple kiss. That's why SJS said "then I'd pick it up" at his very first sentence during his interview. Then he commented that the best cp award was the award he was most looking forward to. He also said that filming with SMA was full of joy and made him feel happy.

Awwwwwww THANK YOU for the information!!! ♡ 

Been thinking about the questions raised here re: differences in SMA lately.  I honestly think so much has changed since even 2-3 years ago (when she may/may not have been in her previous relationship) and she is just going with current trends.  Like it or not, we live in an SNS and selca/selfie world.  Some of these things did not even exist before!  Also, I heard there has been a slow shift in the industry from celebs wanting to maintain absolute privacy and a sense of mystery to them wanting to be accessible and interact more with fans.  Seems like the two things go hand in hand.  As for dating, the agencies are in public quietly supporting those that want to be open about it, and seems like more scandal comes to celebs now for trying to deny a relationship or being dishonest.  And I understand fans in S. Korea are less possessive of their biases these days (that one I’m not so sure about lol).  Even when someone breaks up publicly, it seems like not such a big deal (except to shippers lol).  I mean, it does not seem to hurt anyone’s public opinion unless it was very badly handled or got crazy.  I imagine more and more couples will be coming out.  Some celebs will never join the crowd because that is truly their personality, but others will as these things become more acceptable and common in the industry/society. 

I think SMA is also older and wiser and perhaps not so afraid to show just a little more of herself.  Just dip her toes in the water, not saying she’s doing a head-first dive!  I am still a noob here on Soompi and in k-entertainment world in general, and don’t follow SMA or SJS before OMV.  Maybe some sunbaes can correct me if they see things differently…

Well, I told myself I wasn't going to ship this couple but I can't resist it anymore. It is just SO hard not to ship them. Congrats to our OMV couple for winning best couple! They totally deserve it, their chemistry is amazing. SJS looked soooo good last night, and SMA looked beautiful.  I did notice that when the mc asked SJS what was his favorite thing about her, he said everything and kind of looked down at her and did this hand gesture like using his hand to scan her lol idk. But then when they asked him again, to pick one thing. And he replied with I said everything, can't leave out a single thing he actually did the gesture. :joy: That part made me laugh. I loved his answer, it's like in his mind he's thinking "look at her, what is there not to like?" Awww.:wub: SMA has a great body, and I'm sure SJS has noticed it. 

They did acted awkward and shy around each other. Especially SMA. Could be bc she has a bf, OR my shipper heart thinks there might be something between the two. But who knows? That's what this thread is for anyways! It's all in good fun. I'm an introvert myself and when I have a crush on a guy, I act shy and awkward myself just saying...:phew:

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, 4nn1987 said:

@mathi thank u for ur kind permission so I can share here this SoShin Couple moment last night :heart:

Hide contents

:) HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Thanks dears @cth7 @angela0612 @dulceres @xoxoprincessxoxo1000 for the great news and cheers while I was... sleeping :D due to time zone!

2016 starts with good news:

Our Hero SJS won two Awards last night at KBS Awards event

- One of The Best Couples 2015

- Top Excellence Award for The Best Male Actor 2015

Many thanks to all Venusians for your hard word during the night bringing excellent news to us, especially dears Libra22 for your gifts, Ireumimolla for caps and all dear SJS's fans who cheer for him!!! Love you all!!!

*** On the way to the stage for The Best Couple Award

XGI1KT.gif

*** On stage

tumblr_o089q9snmu1qcqqgto1_540.png

***A clearer view of our man and his costar SMA

D85Nzo.jpg

*** After announced SJS is the winner

oBulnd.gif

Dear Ireumimolla translated his speech:

LSauFU.gif

*** SJS's acceptance speech:

"There are so many people that I want to thank, but I'll thank them personally. I sincerely respect all the staff, actors and writer, who even right now are out there somewhere working on the drama. I film dramas, I act, and this time , I'm very happy to be able to meet a character like Kim Young Ho. In the future, I'll work harder towards being an actor and a person who can bring happiness to others. Also, I sincerely congratulate my partner (for winning her award), 'Oh My Venus' Shin Min Ah-ssi, who has been suffering since the start of the drama.
Next week will be our last broadcast. The warm and comfortable night that we couldn't yet have... let's film it!"

Clip Best Couple Award

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GerEnWlUg

Clip Best Actor Award

http://youtu.be/_L3cC7U7wok

*** Lovely off stage story:

f70INTs.jpg

Interviewer approached SJS and SMA. He started off by saying he and SJS were of the same age lol.

He then said the exercise scene was a talking point.
SJS said the planking part was somehow memorable for him. Interviewer asked him to demo what a plank is, but he didn't do it.
He went over to SMA, and for her it was the scene when he held her up like a 'plane'. Interviewer asked him to demo that part! 
But he demonstrated on the interviewer instead, and said he was lighter than he had expected.
Then they talked about him losing 7kg for the drama. And SJS says he misses ramyun the most.

Jisub did make a demo for plane hehe....

lsfiPv.jpg

What's an awesome year 2015 for our man SJS!!! Hope 2016 comes with much more success and happiness to him!!

Dear all ladies in the house, hugs and kisses to you and wish you all the bests!!!

thank you for the translation

18 hours ago, szne09 said:

Oh, I'm a long time SMA fan but to be honest I don't know the reason behind "illusomina" :sweatingbullets:

However I always just figured it must mean something like, "bright mina" from the sound of its latin root word, kind of like illuminate or something like that. Hahah ok I'm obviously rambling. :D

Yes, @zeppy10 it was SJS who held her hand... but it's actually funny coz SMA almost just rushed upstairs to get her acting award :D 

i thought so too... She hadnt any dificulties climbing the stairs alone...

Archived