Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have missed the explanation somehow. But can someone tell me the logic behind the YJ's uncle saying "Unless something happens to YH then YJ's life is over".. I don't get it. What was the trigger that made him want to crash YH's car after YJ got hospitalized? And why did YJ try to kill himself?

23 minutes ago, ayu_adams said:

I might have missed the explanation somehow. But can someone tell me the logic behind the YJ's uncle saying "Unless something happens to YH then YJ's life is over".. I don't get it. What was the trigger that made him want to crash YH's car after YJ got hospitalized? And why did YJ try to kill himself?

No one, except maybe Korean speakers, knows.

Maybe YJ needs a organ transplant and Greedy Uncle was out to do some harvesting. [To be clear, that's a joke, unless it's true.]

2 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Maybe YJ needs a organ transplant and Greedy Uncle was out to do some harvesting. [To be clear, that's a joke, unless it's true.]

I am guessing, economics? Uncle is probably thinking that if YH is dead, YJ will be the heir to Gahong fortune (doubtful) and YJ tried to kill himself after he overheard the conversation between his Mom/Unclle, he is supposed to be in the US studying but would like to surprise his Mom that's why he has a boquet of flowers,  my thoughts!!!

31 minutes ago, ayu_adams said:
2 hours ago, f1i2s3h4y5 said:

noticed that at the christmas dinner party, only YH and JS drank orange juice while the rest had wine...

such details put in :D ... since only both of them had to drive in the later scene... 

.... .... it's only wednesday :tears: Monday come quick!

I don't think JS knew he would be driving.

I don't think JS knew he woud be driving later that evening. His Mom's call was a surprise. And he coud have called a cab.  YH, JS and MJ drank juice because the adults are in training and the child is underage. JW does not have dietary restrictions and he is often happy to eat carbs and other yummy stuff. 

I really doubt that the show will kill KYH off. What's the point of losing the main lead when we still (or only... oooh the withdrawal...) have 4 episodes left.

If it really goes makjang (which I doubt) and amnesia gets into play, I'm not concerned. I know KYH will still end up with JE .

The only things that bother me would be:

-- a time jump (I'm just fed up with it in storylines in general)

-- the OTP being apart during that time jump without contact and/or one of them flying back to Korea without notice for a surprise (I'm just tired of this too)

-- seeing KYH being physically in pain due to injuries

-- seeing KYH being hurt by his family. Will his dad not show any concern for him still? Will Grandma only worry about him taking over the president's chair?

-- Grandma pushing KYH towards that blind date girl. The good thing is that I found the girl really understanding. She didn't get into fits when KYH didn't want to pursue a relationship with her. Contrary to the CF queen !

Errr ... Is the Anna Sue /John Kim scandal over then? KYH was still able to take over the company. The troubles are now about the uncle and grandma's rejection of JE ?

1 hour ago, ayu_adams said:

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

1 hour ago, dulceres said:

I am guessing, economics? Uncle is probably thinking that if YH is dead, YJ will be the heir to Gahong fortune (doubtful) and YJ tried to kill himself after he overheard the conversation between his Mom/Unclle, he is supposed to be in the US studying but would like to surprise his Mom that's why he has a boquet of flowers,  my thoughts!!!

The above are multi-quoted just to keep context.

First off I think this is a good question. Uncle had no way of knowing that YJ overheard the conversation or that it was the likely trigger of the overdose. So I am guessing that uncle has wrongly assumed that YJ has the same motivation as himself. Still I don't think his behaviour makes a lot of sense. And perhaps some of it is because of translation issues but even so I doubt it makes sense. Dulceres suggestion that uncle thinks that somehow this would lead to YJ being the heir seems the most plausible. After all halmoni has looked after uncle and his parents financially every year. She had YJ grow up in her home until mid teens and seems to have some affection for him.  So maybe in his deluded mind she will overlook uncle killing YH and give all her money to YJ. But that is pretty nutty.

But characters, like real people, are not always logical. And we have seen how he is greedy and full of unreasonable desires for his nephew. So I am willing to believe he has just snapped.

As to why YJ tried to kill himself I really can not fathom it. He was clearly shocked by that phone call but I can't understand why.

---------------------------
edited to add the required chief min picture for @rain719
posterphoto313494.jpg

4 minutes ago, jemmaca said:

The above are multi-quoted just to keep context.

First off I think this is a good question. Uncle had no way of knowing that YJ overheard the conversation or that it was the likely trigger of the overdose. So I am guessing that uncle has wrongly assumed that YJ has the same motivation as himself. Still I don't think his behaviour makes a lot of sense. And perhaps some of it is because of translation issues but even so I doubt it makes sense. Dulceres suggestion that uncle thinks that somehow this would lead to YJ being the heir seems the most plausible. After all halmoni has looked after uncle and his parents financially every year. She had YJ grow up in her home until mid teens and seems to have some affection for him.  So maybe in his deluded mind she will overlook uncle killing YH and give all her money to YJ. But that is pretty nutty.

But characters, like real people, are not always logical. And we have seen how he is greedy and full of unreasonable desires for his nephew. So I am willing to believe he has just snapped.

As to why YJ tried to kill himself I really can not fathom it. He was clearly shocked by that phone call but I can't understand why.

Maybe becaise he oevrheard that KYH crowned as the heir of gahong. 

Wasnt in previous episode i dont remember which one...when the grandma...dad...stepmom....uncle and YJ sits to have dinner together...grandma said something about returning KYH and all his right. There i saw uncle and YJ looks like have the same worried facial expression. 

I just dont get why the uncle and YJ really want to claim Gahong for them selves.... yes we know greedy is one of human nature but what is the trigger... everyone know that the uncle is too greedy ... like the grandma said to stepmom she will much appreciate of her brother doesnt act too greedy for thing that not even his in the beginning. 

I am not even a SJS for his other dramas but a Big 3 station is not going to have a movie actor like him lose a limb on one of their dramas. I read everyone's posts but even I have to jump in and say it has to be plausible.  The writer can write anything but it defies logic that this drama has the male lead lose a limb. It will be billed differently. I think it could happen in an action drama. Or one billed as a melodrama or even a weekend drama.

And I know I was only watching it twice. What airbags? I mean I saw it being deployed.  Or did I see the wrong car? 

The posts are making me confused instead of reading speculations.  Has anyone come up yet with  possible probably sequence of events yet for episode  13 and 14?

Also why would Grandmother give over a family inheritance to a non blood related boy?  It's nuts. They would hand it over to a more distantly related relative. Or donate it to charity. As in make it a charitable foundation etc.

My guess is that YJ has been influenced by his uncle . The uncle seems to be closer to  YJ than the dad is. Perhaps the uncle "raised" him with the idea that YJ should be the right heir, since the family has been with Grandma for so long (I can see how some non blood related people are more caring and closer to a person than blood relatives), YJ has been well groomed (good in studies, physically healthy etc). Perhaps YJ also saw YH taking over, with the dad's permission, as a sign that his dad cares more about YH than YJ.

As to why the uncle decide to blame and go harm YH... I think the uncle is just nuts, greedy and bitter. I think he just cracked and blame it all on YH. For him, if YH didn't exist, there wouldn't be an heir issue. 

'Oh My Venus' unveils behind-the-scenes images of Seong Hoon and So Ji-sub's car accident scene

2015/12/23

photo666438.jpg

The 12th episode of KBS 2TV's Monday & Tuesday drama, "Oh My Venus" aired the tragic scene where Joon-seong (Seong Hoon) was shocked to find Yeongho (So Ji-sub) covered in blood, who got into a car crash in place of him.

Everyone on the filming set was tense due to the characteristics of the suspenseful scene as well as the unfriendly weather since the scene was taken in the cold temperature below zero,.

Seong Hoon analyzed his script thoroughly before the actual shooting started in order to perfect the scene. His successful delivery of the ardent emotions in the scene touched the hearts of all the staff members who were watching on the filming set. When the camera was turned off, he cared about So Ji-sub's safety and took care of him considerately.

An insider related to Seong Hoon asked the drama viewers to stay tuned for more of his bountiful appeals that will be brought out throughout the upcoming episodes.

HANCINEMA 

12 hours ago, rain719 said:

@mathi@moodypie

will I ever see these moles again???

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, VIDEOS!

BET:  if this is ok with you or any other suggestions..... LOSERS will get the delightful (to kill) UNCLE CHOI !!!!

WHEN WILL KYH LEAVE THE HOSPITAL - EP 13 or EP 14

(deadline: tomorrow Thursday)

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE OUR OTP's  WEDDING and/or EROTIC NIGHT AS ADDED ATTRACTION - EP 15 or EP 16

(deadline: Thursday Dec. 31)

ugh not evil choi T T how about IWS instead. 

i say episode 13 if writer-nim is smart she won't let YH be in the hospital for 2 full episode. 

OTP's I'm gonna see episode 16.

4 hours ago, hushhh said:

I meant to ask--Where the devil was his airbag, and why did it not deploy?

YH may not go to the hospital.

There is that secret hidden room behind his closet in his bedroom.

Actually it was deployed, if you look closely as the car topples down and lands back on its wheels. It's just weird they didnt show it when JS found YH? That's why I'm still hoping for a miracle that YH's injury is not as huge as we imagined. Hoping he'll walk out of the hospital by ep 13.

31 minutes ago, szne09 said:

Actually it was deployed, if you look closely as the car topples down and lands back on its wheels. It's just weird they didnt show it when JS found YH? That's why I'm still hoping for a miracle that YH's injury is not as huge as we imagined. Hoping he'll walk out of the hospital by ep 13.

Yeah, I agree. We see the air bag deployed, when the car landed back down. I'm sure we didn't see it later for the dramatic effect of showing KYH's injuries and JS desperately freeing his hyung from the wheel.

:bawling:  yeah, lets hope KYH's injuries aren't too serious ! If we are thinking of role reversal, maybe it's time for JE to conduct all those medical tests on KYH and reading test labs results ! 

I can't help feeling more and more that Uncle Choi's greed is really the crux of the issue to the entire family dynamic. I suppose he meant for his sister to marry into Gahong and ingratiate herself into the family fortune.

I imagine it's the reason why Grandma hasn't "warmed up" to Step-mother despite knowing that she's a good but rather unhappy woman. Grandma is no fool. She's knows that Uncle Choi wants to get his grubby hands on a sizeable portion of the family fortune via his nephew. The fear of raising expectations in both mother and son, I think has caused Grandma and Dad to remain aloof because they're all about guarding the legacy for YH's sake while fending off vultures and thieves.

And why not? It's Grandma's right to give the company to whomever she wishes. But Uncle Choi doesn't have family loyalty either. Of course in an ideal world blood doesn't matter but in reality, it does. He's already proven himself untrustworthy. Going up against his brother-in-law's son using the board. If even a portion of the company gets into his hands, things could get dire for Gahong.

As for Grandma arranging marriage for her grandson, well, even if this is the 21st century, wealthy families often do this sort of thing to ensure they get the right stock  and "breeding" ;) . Even in certain countries it's still practiced in a vareity of ways. I think she's largely well-intentioned and not out to destroy her grandson's life so it's up to him to stand up for himself and prove to her that he is making the right choice for himself. Maybe that's unfair... but from my own experience marrying cross-culturally, it keeps us honest about and responsible for our choices.

2 hours ago, Sacha Aimee said:

Maybe becaise he oevrheard that KYH crowned as the heir of gahong. 

Wasnt in previous episode i dont remember which one...when the grandma...dad...stepmom....uncle and YJ sits to have dinner together...grandma said something about returning KYH and all his right. There i saw uncle and YJ looks like have the same worried facial expression. 

I just dont get why the uncle and YJ really want to claim Gahong for them selves.... yes we know greedy is one of human nature but what is the trigger... everyone know that the uncle is too greedy ... like the grandma said to stepmom she will much appreciate of her brother doesnt act too greedy for thing that not even his in the beginning. 

I think that YJ overdosed because of what he heard - not because of YH but because of his mom.  Considering how he traveled all the way from the U.S. just to surprise her with flowers, he has a lot of love for his mom.  She's basically the only good thing in his life.  And he just overheard his uncle get mad at her for allowing grandma and the rest of them treat her like crap.  The reality is far from the white lies that his mom had told him - "I'm ok, mom is fine, etc."  I think YJ is just like his mom (actually, YH is like this as well).  He can deal with being treated like crap and will willingly pretend that his life is great, but it torments him to see someone that he loves - his mom - getting hurt.

If ever YJ has plans of claiming Gahong, which I think is unlikely - during the dinner he didn't seem interested in Uncle and whatever nonsense that idiot is scheming on, he was just interested in trying to get his dad to show affection (I think that's what his facial expression was about; that his dad seems to only care about YH but never about him)- but it might be in order to ensure that his mom will be stable and secure in the future, and to prove something to his dad.  But he doesn't seem like he's greedy.

@hushhh, @ayu_adams, @ka77

Hopefully this will explain how inheritance goes under Korean Law and why NC now wants YH out of the way. NC tried to take the company through the other directors but that didn't happen. Once YH became the new Director and if he gets married his spouse and children would inherit. Which knocks YJ further down the inheritance pole. 

Children get half - YH

Spouse gets half - SC - but since he remarried the whole estate goes to YH

Siblings YJ if something happens to YH

Relatives 

NC's greed got the best of him and he went crazy. SC didn't seem to care that YJ had tried to kill himself and the only one he cares about is YH. If he gets rid of YH his nephew is the next one in line to inherit. NC knew nothing about YH and assumed his nephew would be the one to inherit. He's close to YJ and filled his head with his own big ideas and assumption about that company. YJ being young and listening only to his uncle felt his father deserted him and gave everything to YH. 

I've had several thought on the time jump we know is coming, but what stuck in my head was YH's words. He sees JE in his dreams. Maybe in YH's unconscious state it's the course of events that happen before the car accident.  Then there's the facts that YH gave JS his wallet. He has no id on him. From the spoiler pictures Min is also on the scene along with JS.  .NC is out to try and harm YH which puts his life in danger. even more since he's hurt. They will have to hide YH to keep him safe. The question in my mind is who will Min contact. He is already keeping things about YH from the grandmother so will he continue to do so. 

@ck1Oz,

I also saw the air bag but once JS got to the car it was gone. 

OMG I can't sleep to think about how KJE's feeling when she finds out about YH's accident..  poor girl must be so devastate beyond her imagination.. she loves him so so much and so does him to her..  my hope isn't too high now as well as confuse what's the writer's plan.. a tragedy that never end..  and no matter what, Gahong's successor is YH. He needs to run that company.. not blind, not crippled, not amnesia.. and of course with his beloved JE by her side.. 4 episodes to go and I am still in a mistery about how next episode will be.. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!

As you know Santa has been checking his list to see who's been naughty shame-on-you-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019490shame-on-you-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019490 shame-on-you-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019490or nice praying-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949006 thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949014 wave-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949015 

@Lissabonni as per your request, you have first pick of the voodoo dolls (see spoiler)!

Spoiler

naughty shame-on-you-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019490shame-on-you-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019490 shame-on-you-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019490or nice praying-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949006 thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949014 wave-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949015  you know who you are!!!

SPECIAL CHRISTMAS SALE ...... LIMITED STOCKS ONLY!!

voodoo4_zpsrjdzjncn.jpg

voodoo2_zps6etgqjkf.jpg

voodoo3_zps1nrywtzn.jpg

voodoo1_zps0aqygbjz.jpg

voodoo6_zps8m6dbwrz.jpg

voodoo5_zpsm6ffsi9f.jpg

no pins and needles yet for chief min and CY girl..... they are under probation!!

voodoo7_zpsaijjvzfd.jpg

voodoo8_zpscaja3fti.jpg

voodoo9_zpsrltdihqf.jpg

Archived