軍官·情人.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 軍官‧情人 Jūnguān‧qíngrén
English title: Bitter Sweet
Genre: Family, Modern, Romance

Episodes: 74

Director:

Broadcast Period: 8pm - 9pm

Broadcast Day: Monday - Friday (22nd July 2015)

Replacing: Be With You 好想談戀愛

Cast:

Esther Liu, Kòu Shì Xūn, Tú Shàn Nī, Zhōu Cǎi Shī, Zhāng Xūn Jié, Xiū Jié Kǎi, Sūn Qí Jūn, Yáng Yǒng Cún

Synopsis:

TBA

Extra Link:

https://www.facebook.com/SETBitterSweet?fref=nf (Official Facebook)

Official MVs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone watching this? how is it? ^_^

Was watching half way through ep1. Would give a short review maybe after 3 episodes. I could totally relate to this because I did my conscription of 2 years as well. Not in Taiwan though. But its similar. Ahh, the flashback memories of serving the nation and enlisting in front of families and friends. 

Up to ep11. I like the family and friendship (bromance) plot more than the love life of these sisters. The show is not magnetic enough for some reason as I only care for the dad (he's so charismatic!!) and the "bromance" between Shang Hao and Zhi Xiang. The sisters and brotherly bond also works well for me but I'm feeling indifferent to Xiu Jie Kai, Michael Chang's love triangle with Tracy Chou. I was excited to see An Zhe again (after Apple in Your Eye) and I love Esther Liu but their storyline have not really started so I can't judge whether I'll like their loveline.

The veteran actors and actresses of this drama are all very charismatic imo.. I'll probably wait for more ep to be out before I marathon it at one go.

I am currently on episode 7 now. This is really a heartwarming drama. I am wondering how many episodes are there? 8pm blockbusters usually have around 70 to 80 episodes. 

So far, I am watching this drama because I think I can relate to it better personally? When SH gets enlisted to army. All the drills to the phone calls and various tasks. Really a great flashback of what I had in the army. Those stupid things we did in camp. 

There was a scene where SH had to gather his sister help to pass his girlfriend something. That feeling of being so helpless in camp is really something all guys who went through military could feel.

Military aspect apart, the 3 sisters each portray a different personality. There are little arguments along the way and romance as well with other male characters. 

I say keep it coming, so far so good. Anyway the oldest daughter is the same female lead actress in 西街少年(westside story, starring 5566 back in 2003 or 2006?) Wow in a blink of an eye it had been 10 years already!! I feel so old at 23.. 

Fun fact. The second ranked daughter is actually older than the first daughter by 3 years old in real life.

Guest moo1304

quite hooked with this series, thought that it will be boring like the predecessor (be with you), but i like the storyline so far. 

the plot is quite similar to Dear Mom.. family bond and the daughters (& son) issue..

and i quite like the big sis' love story..it's been revealed that wen wen is zheng hui's ex lover..i bet that Tian tian is the reason zheng hui leave her.. 

@doctor23b actually Wen-wen is younger than Momo & Shang Hao in real life too

Hello!  Dramafever just added this drama to their collection so tonight, I watched the first episode.  I wasn't sure I'd be up for another long T-daily after "Dear Mom," but here I am. 

I see some familiar names in this thread (*waves*), just like I saw some familiar faces in the drama.  It was really bugging/distracting me that I couldn't figure out where I'd last seen the actor Shang Hao, but thanks to google, I now remember it was in "In Time With You."  :P

Anyway, look forward to catching up now that I've started watching.  Hopefully this will be a wise decision on my part.  I already have a feeling that the second sister's love triangle will give me heart palpitations and a bad case of the nerves.  Sigh...

@themarchioness Despite huan huan love triangle, I find it so brave of her to help find that so called girl he met in the woods!

I haven't made it that far yet -- I've only watched the first episode -- but I'm sure I'll agree with you when I arrive at that point.

When the oden seller asked him in Episode 1 whether he was still waiting for "that girl," and he said yes, I started fearing that the unknown girl would end up being the older sister.  But then I saw in the previews for Episode 2 that the older sister has her own love line, so phew.  That would've been so awkward otherwise. 

I had to laugh though when I learned that Xiu Jie Kai was playing a character who was pining over some girl he didn't know.  Just like in "Dear Mom," imagine that!  But this time, I'm hoping things don't work out because in "Bitter Sweet," I want him with the second sister.  Who are other people shipping in that love triangle?  :)

@themarchioness Despite huan huan love triangle, I find it so brave of her to help find that so called girl he met in the woods!

I haven't made it that far yet -- I've only watched the first episode -- but I'm sure I'll agree with you when I arrive at that point.

When the oden seller asked him in Episode 1 whether he was still waiting for "that girl," and he said yes, I started fearing that the unknown girl would end up being the older sister.  But then I saw in the previews for Episode 2 that the older sister has her own love line, so phew.  That would've been so awkward otherwise. 

I had to laugh though when I learned that Xiu Jie Kai was playing a character who was pining over some girl he didn't know.  Just like in "Dear Mom," imagine that!  But this time, I'm hoping things don't work out because in "Bitter Sweet," I want him with the second sister.  Who are other people shipping in that love triangle?  :)

I shall not spoil anything. Wow luckily my previous reply i left out some details. Let the storyline unfold and you shall be awed. I could tell you more but you sure you want to know?

I shall not spoil anything. Wow luckily my previous reply i left out some details. Let the storyline unfold and you shall be awed. I could tell you more but you sure you want to know?

Haha, no worries.  Fortunately, I am not a very spoiler averse person so you should definitely feel free to be open and discuss. Do not be stifled on my behalf!

I'm curious as to what episode they're up to in Taiwan.  Dramafever is always behind, I know, so I was just wondering how far behind I will be even once I'm caught up.  Currently, Dramafever has 10 episodes and they'll be adding an episode every weekday (just like what they did for "Dear Mom").

I think I'm up to Episode 4 now?  I forget what episode I ended on last night.  I pretty much just kept watching once I started last night . . . there's nothing amazing or extraordinary that happens in each episode, but somehow, it still manages to be very watchable.  I love watching the father navigate his way through retirement and his daughters; the relationships between the daughters; and just everything.  Can't wait for my work day to end so I can go home and watch more.  ;)  Heh.

OMG, I'm a clairvoyant.  LOL!  @doctor23b, I bet you were super amused when you read my previous comment.  I've clearly watched too many dramas in my lifetime.  I can start writing my own!

My next prediction is that Pighead will actually turn out to be some rich guy who's just eccentric and likes to dress comfortably.  That's why they're keeping such a tight lip on what he actually does for a living.

[For frame of reference, I'm now midway through Episode 10.]

@themarchioness

Yes yes, you are right. They are currently on episode 20 tonight. I am from Singapore, hence I stream it online as well. Just that I do not have to wait for the Eng subs as I am bilingual. Haha, everybody in Singapore is bilingual (extremely well). You gotta be really shocked. That girl is indeed her older sister. Many unfortunate things did happen hence the loss of contact. Pighead is from a rich background. Haha. Pighead is just so cute, the way he acts. 

@themarchioness

Yes yes, you are right. They are currently on episode 20 tonight. I am from Singapore, hence I stream it online as well. Just that I do not have to wait for the Eng subs as I am bilingual. Haha, everybody in Singapore is bilingual (extremely well). You gotta be really shocked. That girl is indeed her older sister. Many unfortunate things did happen hence the loss of contact. Pighead is from a rich background. Haha. Pighead is just so cute, the way he acts. 

Great.  Thanks for letting me know.  Dramafever will be uploading Episode 12 today, so looks like it's just a little over a week behind.  That's a much better lag time than with "Dear Mom."  I could watch without subs, but I prefer it just in case.  Honestly, I don't mind the delay.  It only sucks at the end when everyone else has moved on and I'm still talking to myself in the forum.  ;)

Will be interesting to see what happened between Wen Wen and Yu Fan, especially when Wen Wen's got her own history (I presume) with the co-worker.  What a complicated web of relationships. 

As for Pighead, ha!  I just knew that had to be the case, so drama-typical.  Even still, I can't help but prefer Yu Fan to Pighead, both in terms of personality and looks.  If it were him alone in the drama, I would totally be fine shipping him with Huan Huan, but with Yu Fan in the picture.  *bites nails* 

Actually, right now, the relationship I'm most digging right now is the bromance between the brother and his nemesis.  I feel so sorry for the nemesis!  You can tell how he yearns for friendship and company.  Fortunately the brother seems to be coming around so hopefully there will be progress in their relationship soon.

@themarchioness The brother and his nemesis did patch up. They are really good buddies. Episode 20 today was so so so AWESOME!! #swagdadftw The father was really swaaaaaaggggggg. Really one of the best episode up till now. If you do note the facebook accounts of the army boys , skinny especially. They always go on live. They just went on live at 12am. Really great to see the chemistry among them going so well. 

Anyway on a side note. Can anybody help me? The characters of this drama went on to jacky wu show. But i can't seem to find this particular episode with them inside. Can anybody tell me on which date did they air it? http://www.setn.com/E/News.aspx?NewsID=88125&PageGroupID=8&ProjectID=807 

Would wish to see all of them in their normal attitudes!

Wow, episode 21, an episode with totally no granny or father wang. Please bring back granny!! Besides the absence of these 2 senior wang family members. The relationship for huan and the army officer is getting weird I guess. They both just '' renewed '' their friendship over beer?? Are they even going to be an item? 

The relationship for huan and the army officer is getting weird I guess. They both just '' renewed '' their friendship over beer?? Are they even going to be an item? 

I sure hope so!

I also think it'd be really cute if the twin sister and the nemesis-turned-friend became an item.  Given the number of characters in the drama, I thought that's where the drama might head, but then she met that random guy while out on an interview.  I can't tell if he's a one-off, recurring character, or side character since so far I haven't seen him again. 

This drama is interesting because they introduce so many characters it's a little difficult to figure out their level of import!  This was unlike "Dear Mom," the last daily Taiwanese drama that I watched where there were just enough people casted to make the pairings work.  There was never really a guessing game as to who would end up with who or how things would turn out.

Archived