[Taiwanese Drama 2015] Bitter Sweet 軍官‧情人

Admin

I dont like eps 44 becausr 75% of it is about Wenwen-Boss drama :vicx:. But finally I saw granny and Huan there. Toward the end ShangHao and An Jhie's antic at least cheer me up. 

@themarchioness whaatttt?!! Nooo....:tears: *sigh* Give me Yufan and Huan please...:sweatingbullets:

Haha, I know!  Well at least you know now that you've Episode 51 to hang in there for.  And now we wait once more for Yufan's next break from work.... sigh.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiler about XM-AJ couple in ep. 54

Well, finally! in ep. 53 we watch a little developement in XM-AJ relationship. But there is a misunderstanding with XH too, and I don't know about what. Tomorrow's episode will be interesting for this couple.

Anyone who understands chinese can explains it better?

@solucu, in answer to your question . . .

AJ misunderstood the conversation between Momo and Xiang Xiang (in Episode 52) because he only overheard a part of it, misunderstood, got upset, and didn't stay for the remainder of the conversation.  He proceeded to ignore her the next day, but clearly was looking for Momo on the computer that night.  She finally got online and messaged him, but then Shang Hao appeared and started cautioning her about starting an online friendship when she didn't even know the other person's real identity. 

Momo never got back online after that, but Shang Hao did (when he couldn't sleep that night because he was too busy worrying over Grandmother) and started talking with "Angela."   The conversation that ensued can only be described as comical because on the one side, you had Shang Hao who was clearly talking about events between him and An Mei Xin.  On the other side, An Jie completely misunderstood (because he thought he was chatting with Momo) and thought Momo was talking about stuff that happened between her and Xiang Xiang. 

Eventually An Jie figured things out when Momo confronted him about being so distant the following day, and then learned that he'd been chatting with Shang Hao and not Momo.  She also in that same conversation revealed to him the whole of her conversation with Xiang Xiang, so now he knows he misunderstood her there too. 

From previews for Episode 54, looks like something is starting between Momo and An Jie.  I'll try not to cry on Xiang Xiang's behalf.  (Of course, if this was Xiang Xiang, I'd be holding back tears for An Jie.  Can't win, this love triangle.  Or maybe, the better way to describe it is: it's a win no matter what shape it takes!  :P )

In other news, been enjoying the heck out of this song lately after discovering it through "Bitter Sweet."

Guest everlarking

Finish with episode 45. I LOVE this episode :wub:, phewww, I need a break from Boss/Wenwen drama. :P

• An Jhie is such a weird guy! He's OCD, childish, and super funny! :D I laughed when he accidentally touched ShangHao and sprayed the cleaner to his own hand.  
  • Also, Queen and Papa Wang's talk regarding WenWen. It's really nice scene. When Papa Wang said his love for his children turned out hurt them, just make me :tears:
  • Some background story of Queen. The mistake she made strongly abt getting pregnant right ?
  • Also I admire ShangHao. He always in the first line to help and defend his sisters. Haha.The way he always in between Momo and An Jhie is hilarious. 
  • Xiangxiang!!!! I'm always happy when ever he's around especially around An Jhie. He always manages to tick An Jhie off (poor An Jhie :lol:) and he's clueless about it. Love the BBQ scene so much! 
  • Finally...FINALLY~~~ Momo and Xiangxiang's little talk. I'm so happy and moved :wub:. The way I see it now, they can be best friends for life. They share the same personality and a good observer. I realize that chance for Xiangxiang and Momo to end up together is small, but I will just cross my finger. Otherwise. AnJhie and Momo are also good! I cant choose between this couple. Love them both!

@themarchioness wow... thanks for the spoiler. Cant wait for that episode to be subbed. Seems that my couple preferences are sinking one by one hahaha.

Just finished EP 55. I gotta say this empress and momo relationship is getting abit weird. I mean yes, its natural to care for your kid. But you left her in the first place and did not fullfill your duty as a parent.

I mean hey, didn't empress promise grandmother and father that she would not want to acknowledge momo and just let things be what they are now?

Imagine momo knows the truth. She would be so devastated. Momo character thinks too much into things. Would she be able to take it? 

Empress really have to thank the Wang family for treating momo as thier own. The children are all so bonded! I think they would still regard momo as their youngest siblings no matter what happens. 

But this is a drama.. Eventually momo will know the truth about empress and father would be together with empress and have a happy family ending?

I did make some good guess. Older sis and tian tian father. Hao and Amx. Momo seems to had a bit of a moment when an jie had his hand on the wall against her. So momo and an jie? ( sorry xiang xiang fans! BTW what is with him and the butterfly effect? He even let go a wild butterfly in the new military police Dom. ) 

Point is we all know shang huan and yufan are really good now. But huan feels neglected and alone whereas pig head is constantly around

Will there be any changes?!? I am on team pig head but I have to be frank, yu fan is going to win the rat race unless something happens?!

So.. Just let the story unfold and let us enjoy this lovable Wang family. 

BTW , what is with the Taiwan dramas all emphasising on being "walled" ? WISYA had a few parts about this too. Does girls really like that? Being cornered by the wall? Maybe i should try it once on a girl hahaha.

Anyway any Taiwan forumers here? Where is the amusement park? Taipei? WISYA had a part about it too. 

@doctor23b, Episode 55 was pretty much the best birthday present I could've asked for today.  The only thing that could've made it better was if Huan Huan had decided to solidify her relationship with Yu Fan.  But I liked the date they had together.  How adorable was it that he turned out to be just like Wang Daddy?  I've always said that the reason Huan was so attracted to Yu Fan was because he was so reminiscent of her father, and now even their weaknesses are the same.  Loved that!

More importantly though, I loved that Huan finally figured out that Yu Fan wasn't some perfect shrine of a man, but a human man who is filled with weaknesses and imperfections.  And that actually made things all the better for their relationship because it made him easier for Huan to relate to.  It also made their argument in Episode 54 totally worth it.  My overly sensitive side was ready to freak out when that happened yesterday, but fortunately my rational side kicked in at the last minute and I realized it was good for them to argue.  I think that's Huan and Yu Fan's problem.  They are always so considerate of each other that it was getting to be too much -- they were turning into polite strangers.  While I would never advocate that couples fight all the time, I think some arguments can be healthy if conducted in a productive manner.  Here, it allowed them to be open and honest with each other, and above all, they clearly listened to each other and learned from that disagreement.  The result of that conversation was the awesome day they had together in Episode 55. 

As for Pig Head . . . yeah, I'm sorry to say.  I think all Huan feels there is gratitude.  Maybe even a little bit of regret that she can't care for him in the same way that he so clearly cares for her, but that's about it.  Whenever she discusses him with her sisters, she's pretty firm about keeping him in the friends zone (thank goodness :P).  But as I've said before, for his sake, I'm glad Huan's keeping him at bay.  Pig Head turns into such a nitwit whenever he's around her and her family!  He's much better served helping out Zheng Hui and being his cool businessman self.

Regarding the Queen, I actually don't think she's being too weird.  It's true that it was her own decision to give Momo up for adoption, but from what I understood (I haven't watched those scenes yet with translations) it sounded like she'd expected to be somewhat involved in that process.  That she would at least know where her baby went.  Instead something happened and she had to leave the place she'd been staying and when she returned Momo was already gone.  It says a lot to me that she's been searching for her baby all this time.  And it's because of that, I don't think it's odd that she is reacting towards Momo in the way that she is.  She's always cared. 

Further, I recognize that different people (and cultures) will have varying opinions on what it means to fulfill one's duties as a parent.  For me, the fact that Queen recognized that she could not care for her child properly back then and thus decided to place her in adoption with the hope that she'd have a better life, actually was a way of fulfilling her parental duties.  Basic point, I don't think Queen has ever looked at Momo and thought about what was best for herself.  Rather, she's always wanted to what was best for her child.  And that includes going along with Wang Daddy's suggestion now that Momo not be told her true parentage.  But even still, how could she as a birth mother not feel wistful?  I think her internal struggle is real.

I also no longer think Wang Daddy and Queen are fated to be together in the end.  I think the drama purposely led us down that path in the beginning, but it was in fact a red herring for the real reveal, which is that Queen is Momo's real mother.  Knowing now her true position in this complex family relationship chart, I don't see how a romantic relationship could actually bloom between the dad and the Queen.  Furthermore, as much as everyone around them teases them about a relationship, Wang Daddy is still very much in love with his wife and hasn't opened himself up to the idea of another woman.  Queen doesn't seem to be interested in dating either.  My new prediction for them is that they will remain good friends who are support each other when necessary, much as they are now.

As for Xiang Xiang and the butterfly . . . um, yeah, I so did not get that either.  I'm hoping it makes more sense when I watch that scene with subs!

Finally, the amusement park Huan and Yu Fan visited is Leofoo Village Theme Park.  

[@everlarking, just to give you a head's up.  Look forward to Episode 55!  ;))

@themarchioness allright, i think father and empress cannot be together anymore? The sisters discussed about the fireworks between empress and father.. that they cannot be together now since empress is officially ( after an jie ritual ) that they are god siblings...

Anyway, hope to let you guys view this video.. its the cast of bittersweet cooking!

http://www.maplestage.com/episode/119100/型男大主廚+20150909+陽詠存+涂善妮+孫其君+孫沁岳/

Erm did something happen to the dad ? He's been gone for an awfully long time and the show is kinda titled after him ? And the show just said he's going on a vacation but everyone is acting like he wont be ever coming back? O.o did smth happen to the actor playing the dad ? 

Anyways as a supporter of AJ and XM I am glad there has been developments but I just wish they would hurry and be a couple already! It's almost 60 eps alr! Hahah and I know most ppl support XM and the other guy but to me AJ fits XM better coz I feel they connect on a different level. They are both very intellectual so they both definitely have things to discuss/ talk about. Besides, XM is able provide what AJ does not have a family. On the other hand, I feel like XM and the other guy does not really connect true they share secrets about their mums and stuff but that's it they have not reached a level of comfort and ease that she has with AJ which allows her to have conversations into the wee hours of the morning. So yup definitely supporting AJ and XM :) 

Guest everlarking

I am still in eps 51. So far I like how the story develops and with Wang Papa leaves for volunteering, seems that the series now is focused on each kid's relationship.

However. I really wish Wang Papa come back really soon. I miss the relationship between Wang Papa and his family. I also have the same queation as @Nixesty, is it part of the story development or does something happen to the actor ?

I totally have to admit that An Jhie and Momo will be the couple later, their chemistry is much better as couple. Especially when Momo can slam An Jhie with her directness. All of their bikering is really childish but cute. Really crackworthy! :D But I also still love Zhi Xiang and Momo relationship because it brings out all seriousness, thoughts, and wisdom in Momo and Zhi Xiang's character. This thing that I don't really much to see when An Jhie and Momo together, most probably because of their bikering. 

And I really look forward for YuFan and Huan relationship! I still need to wait for the sub :)

I am still in eps 51. So far I like how the story develops and with Wang Papa leaves for volunteering, seems that the series now is focused on each kid's relationship.

However. I really wish Wang Papa come back really soon. I miss the relationship between Wang Papa and his family. I also have the same queation as @Nixesty, is it part of the story development or does something happen to the actor ?

I totally have to admit that An Jhie and Momo will be the couple later, their chemistry is much better as couple. Especially when Momo can slam An Jhie with her directness. All of their bikering is really childish but cute. Really crackworthy! :D But I also still love Zhi Xiang and Momo relationship because it brings out all seriousness, thoughts, and wisdom in Momo and Zhi Xiang's character. This thing that I don't really much to see when An Jhie and Momo together, most probably because of their bikering. 

And I really look forward for YuFan and Huan relationship! I still need to wait for the sub :)

Woohoo everybody!! Father is back tonight in episode 61 !!! Wow, so the online identity of Angela is still not yet revealed after an jie could not attend the meet up with mo mo. I see that the storyline is now focusing on momo and empresses. Glad that the oldest sis love story had finally concluded...

Guest everlarking

Woohoo everybody!! Father is back tonight in episode 61 !!! Wow, so the online identity of Angela is still not yet revealed after an jie could not attend the meet up with mo mo. I see that the storyline is now focusing on momo and empresses. Glad that the oldest sis love story had finally concluded...

Oh! I have to wait 9 episodes to see Wang Papa :D For me it's only beginning after Wang Papa left but seems it's already forever :sweatingbullets:

I finished eps 52! I like it when the Wang siblings all together and support each other. I envy this kind of relationship!

Also, I am hoping YuFan and Huan to argue it out rather than stay quiet and not say anything about the coffee machine incident. But, once again, YuFan's strong point (according to me) is his self control, but in the same time it is his weakness too. Because he seems has a hard time to deliver his "negative" thoughts. Before @themarchioness said YuFan and Wang Papa's weakness are the same, now I wonder what it is... I am so curious! I cant wait for eps 54! 

Surprisingly, in this episode, I also enjoy Wen and Boss's scenes, HAHA. Apparently, after the gloomy cloud  left in this arc, I can finally enjoy their interaction.

And Pighead is funny to ask Tian2 to please grandma Wang, And again his suggestion is always about luxurious thing, he's still not get it about Wang's family humbleness.

Finally, I see AMX after loooooong time! Cant wait for Hao and AMX arc to start!! :D

NOWWWW... I am looking forward for YuFan and Huan!! B)

Guest everlarking

Hahah false alarm guys the dad didnt come back after all :( 

but I do think he needs to come back in order for the XM and the empress story to develop or rather he SHOULD come back if that story were to develop since he plays a large part in the decision to adopt XM 

And also on a side note, am I the only one confused with the twin relationship XM has with XH ?  Esp since XM is adopted ? and they said the mum was weak when giving birth to XM so how did XH come abt ? 

Anyways, I was so disappointed with yesterday's ep ( ep 60 I think ) . I was so excited that XM was finally gonna know AJ's real identity. Like AJ I was really anxious to find out what her reaction would be. And then they had to make it anti climatic by doing a no show. I feel that it was such a waste of a good build up and so unnecessary too. And then they revealed thr truth in today's ep.... like whattt??? I was thinking hmmm maybe they are going for another build up ? But no they just decided to reveal it in the next ep! Then what's the point of making them miss their meeting in the prev ep!!! Wahhh I'm so angry at the bad writing! Really, the opportunity was so wasted! I feel that whatever reaction XM has if she had given it during the arranged meeting it would have made 10000 times more impact then the way it unfolded today and it would have given more time for the two of them to figure out this new relationship. Hiaz much sad many disappoint much anger :( 

On another note, what's up with XM'S reaction tho? O.o idk if it's the script or the actor but her reaction when she found out the truth was so confusing I really cant tell what she is feeling at all. all she has is her calm and stoic faccade thae she has all the time and since she tells AJ that she's not angry my best guess is that she is still recovering from the shock judging from how she keeps staring at the porridge and the cat plushie. Maybe she is still figuring how she should react/feel to this reveal so that's why cant express it and why we as audience cant figure it out.  

Anyways sorry for the rant just that I am quite fustrated at how slow things are going coz normally in these 80 ep dramas couples usu get together ard the half way mark or even earlier than that yes even second lead couples ( like in you ai yi jia ren) and then after that there will be lots of lovey dovey scenes or problems will arise which require the couple to prove their love for each other hence resulting in even more lovey dovey scenes .... hmmmm... so in drama I guess we wont be getting much of the lovey dovey scenes then ? Quite a pity actually I have always thought the charm of these 80ep dramas where those scenes coz since they have a lot of air time they are able to have both parts of the relationship and thus develop the relationship more fully and add a sense of realism by showing us that it is not all a rosy happy ending after the big kiss. This is very much unlike those 16ep/20ep which are only able to fit in the falling in love part of the relationship and end the series with the ever predictable ending kiss scene.

That aside .... Pretending that yesterday's ep did not happen,  I am super excited abt tmr's ep!!!! Eeks~~~! an jie finally blurts out his feelings for XM I really have a soft spot for this guy.  As an orphan he grew up all alone and had no one to talk to, the only closest person he knew was the empress. He acts all cool but all he really wants is someone to talk to. And then XM appears, breaking through his faccade and being the person that he was looking for. He fell so fast and hard that he does not even bother denying it (even in front of the empress) and for a guy who has so much pride and face to save , it's a big deal. But of course that does not mean that confession comes easy. So yup I am super duper excited for tmr!!!! 

But I have a feeling XM will take a while to figure out her feelings. Butttttt I do hope she does it before she realises that the empress is her mum. Coz I feel that for that big reveal she needs AJ to be by her side and clear and doubts/confusion or even anger she may be feeling towards the empress upon hearing truth. Plus since AJ has known the empress the longest so he is in the best position to explain the empress's decision and act as a bridge between the two. after all, these two are the two most important people in his life. 

Hmmm then again I am sure AJ would still be by her side regardless of the boyfriend status and this would only show that he truly cares for XM. :)  

Ah, I wondered from the previews of Episode 61 if the dad really would come home or if the preview would be one big psych out.  Not surprised to hear it was the latter.  This show is so good (too good) at doing the bait and switch.  For that reason, I can understand @Nixesty's frustration over the whole AJ-XM thing in Episode 60.  I don't know that the writer has any other purpose for setting it up that way other than to get our hopes up and then dash it.  The writer has gotten really good at that.  :P

I have been wondering lately how long this drama is going to actually be.  When it first started, 70 was the quoted number but we're less than 10 episodes away from that number and there's no way this drama is going to end next in the next couple of weeks.  So many characters, so many storylines, still so much too explore.  And the thing is, they keep introducing new characters (like the with the new police motorcade officer and his antagonistic relationship with the "xiang dang hao" officer -- sorry, can't recall their names or actual titles at the moment).  So who knows when this drama will wind down, or when Wang Daddy will return.  In the drama, he just said he was going to participate in some military reserves volunteer trip and that he'd return only when the project was complete.  He never gave a timeframe for how long he'd be gone.  Maybe the actor has other schedules going on in the meantime, no idea, but I'm guessing with the large cast of this drama, it's pretty easy for people to disappear for a while.  Take Ai Mei Xin, for example, we didn't see her for a long time either before her and Shang Hao's storyline returned to prominence.

I'm sure Daddy Wang will return though.  It's just right now the drama has decided to focus on other storylines so his presence is not as necessary -- I'm guessing that's how the writers are seeing it at least.

And in answer to your question about Shang Mo and Shang Hao's relationship, Shang Hao was always a twin.  His biological sister was born weak and died shortly after birth.  The mother was similarly weak and they were reluctant to tell her that one of her babies had died, fearing how that might affect her health.  Along came news of Shang Mo and they decided to adopt her.  Eventually they did tell the mother that she was adopted, but to everyone else (like their other kids) Shang Mo was just the baby sister they'd expected their parents to bring home since twins had been expected.

@themarchioness hmmm maybe they really decided to.extend it ? If so.it.would really explain the slow.pace of the drama? Do you know if the drama is doing v well in taiwan or smth ? I am watching it online so I wouldn't know 

Or my other guess is that the producer is focusing more on the military training portion (maybe coz it's part of some national campaign to better appreciate their military men ahha) so the other love stories are pushed back

@themarchioness hmmm maybe they really decided to.extend it ? If so.it.would really explain the slow.pace of the drama? Do you know if the drama is doing v well in taiwan or smth ? I am watching it online so I wouldn't know 

Or my other guess is that the producer is focusing more on the military training portion (maybe coz it's part of some national campaign to better appreciate their military men ahha) so the other love stories are pushed back

I can't see how it's not going to be extended past 70 episodes at this point.  There's still so much going on with no signs of winding down.  Don't know how it's faring in the ratings game though.  Like you, I'm watching online.

Re: Episode 61, I was sad to learn that we wouldn't be seeing the Oden Master again.  :(  It would've been nice to at least see him have one final scene with Yu Fan, considering how close they were.  I would've liked to have seen his reaction to the news of Yu Fan's budding relationship with SH.  He was always such a cheerleader for that pair.  *sigh*  Hope he'll find his own love in the US...

I can't see how it's not going to be extended past 70 episodes at this point.  There's still so much going on with no signs of winding down.  Don't know how it's faring in the ratings game though.  Like you, I'm watching online.

Re: Episode 61, I was sad to learn that we wouldn't be seeing the Oden Master again.  :(  It would've been nice to at least see him have one final scene with Yu Fan, considering how close they were.  I would've liked to have seen his reaction to the news of Yu Fan's budding relationship with SH.  He was always such a cheerleader for that pair.  *sigh*  Hope he'll find his own love in the US...

Hahha, i was just thinking about oden master.. but he had gone to usa already.. omg i thought father was coming back.. but it was just an mp3 player.. =( 

I really do not want this drama to end!!

I really do not want this drama to end!!

Me either!  And I really hope they bring back dad soon too.  I can tell from all the comments on FB that people are getting antsy for his return. 

The reason I worry about his absence is that his retirement was supposed to be the time in which he finally got to know and connect with his children.  I didn't quite work out the way in which he'd envisioned though and when he left, I think he was really feeling like he'd made things worse by being around to dabble in their affairs.  But that couldn't have been farther from the truth.  I think it was more like he had certain expectations of how things would be, the kids/nanny didn't need him in quite that way, but they definitely still valued and treasured his input.  Which is why I don't want everything to get sorted out in his absence and then him coming back for the last hour of the show because then that really would make it seem like he was just some extraneous member of the family -- which couldn't be farther from the truth.

The heart of this drama has always been the closeness of the Wang family, and Wang Daddy plays a central role in that.  Really hope he comes home soon.

ETA: Sorry about the quote being attributed to the wrong person; I can't get the format fixed to reflect the correct person.

Archived