[Taiwanese Drama 2015] Bitter Sweet 軍官‧情人

Admin

There was a scene with An Jie, Momo, Dad and Grandma in episode 32.

@doctor23 Could you tell me what were they talking about in that scene (if you still remember)?

haha. If I am not wrong. Granny went straight to the point and asked AJ does he like momo?She says she can see it and in order to be momo suitor he has to be of high calibre. Father adds on saying momo boyfriend has to go through him haha.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm behind on this one, at around ep24++ but I also prefer pighead over Xiu Jie Kai's character (his character is just UGH!!), there's a difference between being gentle and indecisive, as in since he had no feelings for SH, he should cut ties cleanly and not dilly dally because he's scared of hurting her if he's too honest, because it actually hurts her more.

I know this will probably sound like a biased reply at this point, given that I've made no secret as to my preferences, but I have to respectfully disagree with this assessment of Yu Fan's character.  I don't think he was ever indecisive nor did he ever lead Huan on intentionally or even unintentionally.  He liked her initially as one might a friend, but once he figured out that Huan was interested in something more, he let her know that he had his sights set on someone else.  He gave her the out on more than one occasion, but it was always she who came back to him.  That's why even Wang Daddy couldn't blame him when he finally learned the truth of Yu Fan's relationship with his two oldest daughters.

The thing is, Yu Fan has always like Huan as a person.  It may not have been love at first sight for him.  And it may have taken time for him to figure out what she meant to him exactly.  But he definitely recognized her worth from the start -- and that's really the most important part. 

I've said this before but Wen really said it best all those episodes ago when she told Huan that it was easy for Yu Fan to be in love with his unknown North Star because he didn't really know her.  The sum of what he knew about her totaled one evening and then he spent two years shaping all that meager amount of knowledge into the image of a perfect woman.  But even pitting herself against such a formidable opponent, Huan was able to break past those barriers and show Yu Fan that she was the real deal. 

I was really glad in Episode 35 when Yu Fan told Huan that he'd sorted out his feelings well before the meeting she orchestrated between him and Wen.  Now I just hope that it won't take Huan too long for her to be convinced that she's not being treated as second best to Wen.  I'm trusting Yu Fan that he'll make up for everything by successfully convincing her of that fact.  I found the conversation between Huan and Mo particularly poignant when she observed that she and Wen were very different personalities, and that it was Wen whom Yu Fan had fallen in love with first.  I can understand why she'd doubt his sincerity and intentions now, but again, it all comes back to the fact that what Yu Fan fell in love with was a mirage. 

In any event, given that I feel like I could have a discussion on this matter at length, I think it's safe to say that I'm finding it anything but boring.  :P  I simply love this drama and what I appreciate about the most is how realistic it is.  That was my big beef with "Dear Mom," which I mention only because you did as well.  I also loved that drama a lot initially because it was so darn cute and entertaining, but by the end, I was pretty frustrated with all but the older sister's storyline.  Even the second sister's storyline, which had been my main hook and draw into "Dear Mom" started to annoy me when she continued to be a complete immature baby after marriage.  Basic point is, the characters in "Dear Mom" really started feel like caricatures at a certain point, but I haven't felt that way with "Bitter Sweet" yet.  IMO, the way the relationships are portrayed in this drama is quite real.

@themarchioness 

Yeap you are right I guess. Huan is most likely to be with YF. Poor pighead. From a guys perspective I think pighead deserves huan more. He treats her like his queen. 

I am on team piggyhuan! But than again will mo end up with zhixiang? Both an jie and zhi xiang seems good with momo. I guess momo appears shy towards zhixiang ?? I sense her shyness when she is with zx.

Haha.  He does treat her like a queen, but I confess that in that scene where En Ci A-yi was pointing out all the gifts Pig Head had sent over to the apartment, all I could think was that if I were Huan, I'd feel very burdened by all that largess!  I actually wonder if she doesn't feel that way, just a little bit, now that she's figured out how Pig Head really feels about her.

Pig Head does treat her well.  Like a queen, even, as you put it.  But it's almost too much.  Like he's trying to buy her love and affection.  I think Pig Head said it best in Episode 35 when he observed that he put 99% of his effort into trying to win Huan over, but Yu Fan had only to spend 1% of his effort to successfully win Huan's hand.  That's what happens when there's mutual interest  -- it's just that easy --  and that's why things could never have worked out between himself and Huan. 

I don't know if you saw, but on the FB page for "Bitter Sweet" today, a picture was posted of Huan and Yu Fan holding hands with another picture of Pig Head seeing them together.  In response, the actor playing Pig Head responded, "其實⋯祝福最愛的人⋯就是幸福!"  [Rough translation: Actually, to be able to wish the person you love well is another form of a happiness.]  I thought that was so cool of him!  Incidentally, I love watching the actors communicate with each other both on the drama's FB page and their own.  I think it was you who told me about that, so thanks!  (Just what I needed, another distraction related to this drama.  :P )

As for Mo and Zhi Xiang, haha, I have totally wondered on more than one occasion, "How will they ever communicate???"  They're both so quiet and shy!  In that regard, I definitely think An Jie is the better match for her.  But then I see the way Zhi Xiang looks at her and knowing how starved he is for affection and a family, my heart can't help but be tugged into thinking that he would do better with Mo.  I like both An Jie and Zhi Xiang a lot, which is why I have always said that I'll be happy wherever the drama takes me with regards to that love triangle, so long as it is approached logically, thoughtfully, and realistically. 

I think that zhixiang and shanghao might sign on with the army. Notice a few recent episodes they were debating about how tough life is confined inside camp. Out only on weekends. I've been there done that and I hate it as well. Shang hao says he only wants to be a normal guy serving his conscript and leave the army. Zhixiang rebuttes that it's always those who wants to leave the most ends up making a career out of it. This is very true.

I think shanghao will get into officer school after he sorts out his thoughts and matures and maybe even based on YF recommendation on his good records. There's a saying an army career runs for 3 generation. His grandmother a general, father a colonel. He might even be a great officer material.

Zhixiang might sign on as his family financial situation isn't that good. An army career proves to be stable and has great benefits. 

Do note, any show which involves a nation military would definately need the approval of ministry of defense. Taiwan's current conscription situation isn't that cool. The younger generation sees no need to serve. They want an all volunteer force.( career soliders ) conscription had been reduced from a year to 4 months.

So I think there would be an underlying meaning in this show. Hoping to influence the 8pm audience ( mostly teens and families ) to agree that the army is great and career with them isnt that bad.

Do note that army themed shows are the hardest to make. Producers got to agree and liase with govt officials on how would the army be portrayed. This is a huge budget show and has about 70+ EP. It's influence is definately there to stay.

Proud to serve!

I share the same thoughts as you do regarding the possibility of Zhi Xiang and Hao becoming career officers.

As for the other part of your comment, I thought that very interesting and insightful.  I have actually found it interesting from the beginning that Xiu Jie Kai is playing an officer in the military yet he has not yet completed his mandatory service himself.  I know the subject of actors and the delay of their military service has often been a touchy subject in the past so I've been wondering how the public would feel about Xiu Jie Kai's current role, if anything at all. 

@themarchioness I think both SH and YF annoys me equally at some points but I slightly prefer SH over YF.

I remember there's one ep (21) where YF already knows that he have to cleanly reject her and he was trying to use "i'm going back to the army" to keep distance from her and even SH is hurt by it. That was when they agreed on becoming friends and SH is trying to help him to find his dream girl. I'm not saying he's totally in the wrong but the way he handle this whole situation and his attitude are not right. If he really wants to keep a distance, he should be firm about it. Yes, SH keeps on returning to him, but that's because she likes him and that's the only way for her to get close to him and also YF didn't cleanly reject her getting close to him either at first. They did agree on becoming friends and SH didn't cross the line either, she tried her best to help him find his dream girl. But when they became friends, he starts to regret that he's holding her back and finds an excuse to keep a distance from him and that actually hurts more than a regular rejection.

I don't really know how should I put my feelings into words but it's his indecisive attitude (瞻前顧後,畏畏縮縮) that annoys me the most. It should be either YES or NO, if he decides to keep her as a friend then do so. If he really don't want to hold her back, then he should put it out clearly right from the start. SH actions can be annoying at times but I admire her courage and how straightforward she is, which is the exact opposite from YF. He needs to be more straightforward and stop overthinking things and be firm. SH is admirable as she's pursuing what she wants (even though her actions does comes off annoying at times) and it takes a lot of courage for a girl to take the initiative to pursue the guy he likes so I actually like her a lot more than YF. I totally agreed with what SH said in EP21 about YF. 

Pighead's character is more fun than YF, he always provide me a lot of laughter. Whenever SH interacts with YF, the whole atmosphere just turn boring for me. I liked Tracy Chou and Xiu Jie Kai in Alice in Wonder City but not so much here, it's the problem with their characters. With that said, even though I'm team Pighead (lol doesn't sound like a nice team name), I'm not feeling much for this love triangle and also SW's loveline with the CEO. Mo Mo's love triangle with Zhi Xiang and An Jie are much more entertaining. Even the bromance between Zhi Xiang and Shang Hao are much more enjoyable to watch.

I do like the lovelines of the younger siblings, the family plots and the bromance in army but these aren't enough to keep me hook to the show. It's definitely not a boring show but Shang Huan, Shang Wen's plotlines are making it hard for me to be hooked to the whole show because they're taking quite a lot of portion in the show.

As for Dear Mom, even though YW and XF's characters are caricature-like, they did entertained me a lot in the beginning and we had less screentime for the mistress 3rd sister in the beginning, so it had me hooked because I like most of the plotlines (except for 3rd sister) and I care for most of them. But here, I only like a few of them and their screentime are not as much as YW and XF so my fondness for this drama is not as strong as what I felt for the beginning of Dear Mom.

I think I should probably wait for this to be finished and see how the review goes because recent episodes have been getting lots of criticisms from the Taiwanese netizens on PTT. I've been burnt by SETTV daily dramas (started out good, frustrating midway through) too many times and not liking half of the main plot in just 24ep will make it hard for me to sit through 70ep..

Again, opinion is subjective. It might be because I'm still at ep24 so my opinion might change again when the story progresses but so far, I def prefer pighead over YF.

I had higher expectations for this since I really like Tracy Chou, Esther Liu, An Zhe, Xiu Jie Kai, Michael Zhang but it's actually the rookies that are more enjoyable to watch - Zhi Xiang (Yang Zhen) and Mo Mo (Yang Yong Chun) impressed me. I also like Daddy Wang.

So many emotions this evening . . .

First, there was the talk between Queen and Dad in Episode 27 (or was it 28?  I watched two subbed eps tonight, so they've melded together in my mind) where she reassures him that his wife probably did live a blessed life because she can see how happy his children are.

Then, in Episode 38 there was the talk between Dad and Huan, followed by his gift to all his girls. 

It reminded me that more than the love lines, I just love the drama as a whole.  I don't know how else to describe it except to say that I can always feel its sincerity and warm embrace. 

Previews for Episode 39 had me cracking up.  I can already tell that the budding (and reluctant) relationship between Hao and Yu Fan is going to be my new bromance after Hao and Zhi Xiang.  ;)

@themarchioness Yea, there is this warm fuzzy feeling whenever i see the Huang family gets together. It may be the usual bickering or even usual flirting of daughters with father. It is just so real. That is what I love about it..

Allright , I just had to get this off my mind. The convenience van girl. knows Anjie. Empress, the writer , knows the convenience van girl too. Her parents are empress good friends. Seriously, is this world getting too small or..?

Allright , I just had to get this off my mind. The convenience van girl. knows Anjie. Empress, the writer , knows the convenience van girl too. Her parents are empress good friends. Seriously, is this world getting too small or..?

Did you mean she knows Yu Fan too? 

But haha, yes, I agree.  The world in Bitter Sweet is very small indeed.  I've tried to explain it to my friends before and every time I get to the point where I'm like, "And this person knows this other person too," my friends start rolling their eyes and are like, 'This is getting too complicated to follow."  But it's not!  It's just easier to follow when you're actually watching.  :P

Anyway, yes, I'm very curious as to Convenience Girl's background as well.  Knowing that she's the daughter of family friends of Queen explains how An Jie knows her.  But how do her parents know the Queen?  And how does she know Yu Fan, for that matter?  I mean, we know he helped her study for the military academy but what was their connection before that?  My own personal guess is that her dad is in the military too, and in some high up position.  It wouldn't explain how Queen knows her family, but it would explain her relationship with Yu Fan.  I think it would also explain her desire to make the military a career - following in her father's footstep and all that -- but her father's disapproval as he seems to prefer that she be more like a lady than a tomboy.  It would also explain her reluctance to share any details regarding her background when the F4 have asked her about it. 

But for now we'll have to wait and see!

In other other thoughts, am I the only one who's missing the Oden Master?  I wonder what he'd have to say about recent developments between Huan and Yu Fan. :P

@themarchioness Haha, I wonder how would the oden master react when he finds out that both huan and wen are both sisters. I am actually more interested in his food actually LOL.

Anyway, speaking of such a small world in this drama, wooden block uncle whom is working part time at a building is actually working as a security guard in tian tian's condo!  He would surely inform father about his precious daughter. Oh no, trouble spells ahead.

Now huan knows about pighead real identity (when i was at ep38 i was dying for pighead to enter the house and see huan, luckily tian tian pulled him in.) I shall see how they proceed.. 

Please please drama gods please let huan and pighead be together even though now the chance is like 0.00001% T_T

Guest novisad199506

I was not interested in Huan`s love life before, but I am now (and I am rooting for pighead).

I like Wen but I feel nothing for the vice president and I really don`t like the actor. I am always fast forwarding through his scenes.

An  Jie  running with the Wang family –  All of his scenes today (in episode 39) were great but this one was the one I`ve been anticipating for more than 20 episodes. I knew this was going to happen at some point.

@ doctor23b Why was An Jie staying at Momo`s home. Why was he getting punished by Dad?

@novisad199506, An Jie came to stay with the Wang family because Boss had to go on a work trip to Singapore for a week.  During that time, work was also being done at her house.  An Jie said he could find a place to stay by himself, but Wang Daddy wouldn't hear of it.  He said that while An Jie may think of himself as an adult, in the eyes of himself and Queen, he was just a kid who needed to be taken care of.  That's why Queen asked if An Jie could stay with them, and he agreed.  He also said Queen had asked him to help build up An Jie's physicality while he stayed with his family; hence, all the exercise/training.  So hilarious!

Please please drama gods please let huan and pighead be together even though now the chance is like 0.00001% T_T

@doctor23b, I confess that despite my certainty that Huan and Yu Fan will end up together, I can't be wholly certain either!  Gah.  This is killing me. 

When Yu Fan told Huan that he liked her and wanted to date, I thought, for sure, the pairing was clinched.  But Huan's been "sorting out her feelings" ever since and there hasn't been any progress (that we've been able to see, at least).  Now I don't know what to think!  I think it's hard -- for them and for us as viewers -- to see what's going on exactly with that relationship because Yu Fan is closeted away on the military base.  He shouldn't be penalized for that when it's not something he can help; it's his job and his duty to remain there.  I take what comfort I can in knowing that, since their last meeting, they've stayed in touch by telephone (and have had some pretty long telephone conversations too, if her sisters' teasing are to be believed) and that she continues to express a preference for Yu Fan, even if she's still unwilling to commit to a relationship with him just yet.

Buuuuut, in the meantime, there's Pig Head.  Now that I've seen the in-between episodes (that I hadn't seen before because I was waiting for them to be subbed), I know that it was love at first sight for him and that he only started attending those matchmaking events because of her.  (He's basically to Huan what Huan is to Yu Fan!)  And now he has the advantage over Yu Fan in that he gets to see her on a daily basis, and to be her fairy godmother.  (No wonder half the viewers are in his boat, when that's all we get to see versus the little-to-no interactions between Huan and Yu Fan.  When is his next break??  ;)

It makes me especially nervous now that Huan knows Pig Head's true identity and is starting to put together all the puzzle pieces of their past interactions together.  Will her heart be moved by knowing just how truly dedicated he's been towards her all this time?  Such a hard question to answer!  I hate to admit this, but the drama has been written in such a way that I could see the answer going either way.  The "problem" is that both guys are essentially good guys.  Honestly she'd be lucky to end up with either one of these men, so I think it's going to come down though to who her heart wants. 

From the brief conversation Huan had with her sister at the end of Episode 39, it sounds like she's still leaning towards Yu Fan and that she's mostly feeling badly towards Pig Head.  If that's the case, I hope she will draw the line clearly with Pig Head so as to not cause further hurt.  After all, that was people's criticism of Yu Fan originally when he was wavering between Wen and Huan.  Now that Huan is caught between Yu Fan and Pig Head, I think the same concern and logic applies!

@themarchioness Is it me or do we all think that when pighead explains why he had to lie and stuff to huan, I could see from huan expression that she is abit moved? She could also be feeling rather guilty cause of all the wrong signals she had been sending out? Maybe Huan could feel what pighead is feeling. Pighead is like the ex-huan we see. Doing everything and going all out for Yufan.. 

Will she be touched? I haven't touched on Ep39 yet. Maybe tonight I will write more after viewing Ep40 together as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I just can't believe it. The script writers are really so good in their hidden meaning that I even didn't anticipate this to happen! Momo is empress biological daughter! 

Is life really such a coincidence? Grandmother used to leave momo alone in the bookstore. That's when she chanced upon empress book and never looked back! 

Her image of empress had been awesome since young. She completed and could relate to all of empress books and even got to be her assistant? Fate much?!

When she collapsed in the sauna. Empress gave momo a motherly feeling when she wants tending to momo. I didn't think much about that since momo's mom left her early.

But father and grandmom could treat momo as one of their own and brought her up the same way as the others. I really respect that. It's not easy treating one as your own family if you are not blood related.

I could just imagine the teary scenes when all of them know the truth.. 

I Think it hurts even more for empress now since she cannot acknowledge momo as her own.

But on a side nnote, will momo end up with xiang xiang or an jie hehe

People started speculating over the possible birth secret on the drama's FB page several weeks ago, but even back then, it caught me by total surprise.  The writers really pulled a fast one!  And now that we know it's true, it's kind of fun to go back and revisit conversations.  If you parse through the words carefully, the hints were all there.  It's just without knowing the truth, the words didn't necessarily hold any meaning.  For example, the siblings frequently comment that Momo is so quiet she's not like the rest of them.  It's not something that would immediately raise suspicion, as it's not uncommon for families to have that one "black sheep."  But now in the context of knowing she really is adopted, it's like A-HA!  The writers were definitely foreshadowing this entire time.  How clever!

It makes me love the Wang family even more, knowing how much they all love Momo and truly do think of her as one of their own.  It'll be interesting to see how the Queen fits within the family now.  I always thought they'd angle for the love-match between her and the dad, but perhaps it was just Momo's mother all along.  However she fits, I know she will fit -- she has been such a great addition to that family.

As for Momo's love story, I don't know!  LOL.  That's the impossible question.  Both guys are so great.  And I always said Zhi Xiang had the leg up because of his family situation, but I totally forgot An Jie is an orphan himself, so now it's back to even playing fields.  Don't make me pick a side!  ;)

And is it just me or am I the only one missing Huan Huan these days?  It's not that I mind Wen Wen's storyline, but it is the least favorite for me and it just seems like that whole arc has been getting A LOT of screen time lately.  Would love it if they started balancing things out more again, like they did in the beginning.  Heck, it's not just Huan Huan I'm missing but the whole F4 and gang. I don't think we've seen Ai Mei Xin in forever.

Guest everlarking

I'm a newbie here. Just watch the show a week ago and get hooked, then catching up 41 eps in a week :).

It's been a while I got hooked up in a drama. This drama is pretty simple and has not far from home's theme, but it's really heartwarming. I've been watching too many dramas with complicated and unrealistic stories (which is not bad but at some point you just lost it), so this kind of drama is definitely a keeper.

This drama has many storylines to cover, it can be good and bad thing. In the first few episodes, I still only see the good part until the eps 20's, I started to see the flaws in it (maybe partly my expectation that they'll get better after some times just flew by to trash)

While some storylines develope really well, the others are not. It might because of the story that is not interesting or the actor/actress that are unable to bring all the emotion to the screen. For the later reason, I am not aware of taiwanese actors/actress, so I don't know who is the newbie or the veteran (sorry taiwanese actors/actress that I know is F4, barbie hsu, chen bo lin, and guey lun mey haha), but I just make opinion based on their acting. I know it's not top notch/oscar worthy acting but at least they can create a change of emotions, which is I think this is lack in the first sister arc. I like Wen wen as character, as big sister/daughter and over achiever. Ilike her relationship with actors/actress playing her families/friends, but she's lack of chemistry with his CEO/ex BF. And also the dead pan's expression of ex-BF/CEO does not help at all :sweatingbullets:. I dont feel the care of a father from this actor to his only daughter, Tian-Tian, or his regret and longing to his ex GF. I am frustrated watching their scenes, I feel like watching a wood block in screen. So most of the time, I skip their scene but lately they have lot of air time, so imagine I have to watch half of my fave show.

The second sister love triangle story is okay. I think lot of audiences really like Zhu Yu Ting/pighead, the second generation of young master, but I really really despise him! HAHA.Yu Ting character is very typical leading man's character in any asian drama. Rich man loves normal woman and will do anything to make her fall in love with him bla bla bla. I should enjoy it though, but since I fall in love with this drama due to its simplicity and 'realistic' story, Yu Ting's addition does not really please me HAHA. I know he's been a nice guy to Huan Huan, but he's too much. Maybe in his capacity, he only did what he knew to woe a woman, but damn in reality it's creepy. :sweatingbullets: I agree with themarchioness!

Haha.  He does treat her like a queen, but I confess that in that scene where En Ci A-yi was pointing out all the gifts Pig Head had sent over to the apartment, all I could think was that if I were Huan, I'd feel very burdened by all that largess!  I actually wonder if she doesn't feel that way, just a little bit, now that she's figured out how Pig Head really feels about her.

Pig Head does treat her well.  Like a queen, even, as you put it.  But it's almost too much.  Like he's trying to buy her love and affection.  I think Pig Head said it best in Episode 35 when he observed that he put 99% of his effort into trying to win Huan over, but Yu Fan had only to spend 1% of his effort to successfully win Huan's hand.  That's what happens when there's mutual interest  -- it's just that easy --  and that's why things could never have worked out between himself and Huan. 

I don't know if you saw, but on the FB page for "Bitter Sweet" today, a picture was posted of Huan and Yu Fan holding hands with another picture of Pig Head seeing them together.  In response, the actor playing Pig Head responded, "其實⋯祝福最愛的人⋯就是幸福!"  [Rough translation: Actually, to be able to wish the person you love well is another form of a happiness.]  I thought that was so cool of him!  Incidentally, I love watching the actors communicate with each other both on the drama's FB page and their own.  I think it was you who told me about that, so thanks!  (Just what I needed, another distraction related to this drama.  :P )

YuFan might have upper hand since Huan loves him since the beginning, but he's in the army (doesnt have so much free time), he's not as carefree as pighead/Huan when speaking, and let's say he cant be available 24/7 for Huan (PLUS no money to buy travel agency company :phew:). So I dont think YuFan get it easy either to gain trust from Huan while Pighead can spend most his time/money to care for Huan and try to pursue her. Relationship is like a work of two person involved, both of them have to make it right. YuFan already clear his feeling and tries his best for Huan and Huan now is confused about her feelings, despite she's still attracted to YuFan. YuFan and Huan relationship is more realistic and I can relate to it entirely. While Pighead is acting like daddy long leg and gentleman, which is a every girl's dream, but I'd like to see realistic relationship to flourish. However, TBH, I'm afraid how Pighead have big amount of screen time now HAHAHA. So there's still chance Huan will end up with Pighead xD. But I'm superrr happy when An Jhie ruined Pighead's steak... (sorry Pighead!)

The third sister arc is MY FAVE!! I agree with everyone here. Whoever ends up with Momo, I will be very happy! Tho' I'm slightly bias to Lin Zhi Xiang, brother's ex enemy. I just want to cuddle Zhi Xiang and tell him that he and his mother are okay. And no significant scene between Zhi Xiang and MoMo (army boys's dinner in eps 22 and brief meeting in front of cafe are not enough :P), so until this point An Jhie most likely will end up with Momo. An Jhie already got my point from burning Pighead's steak :P). Tho' I think Momo and Zhi Xiang are alike in terms of character, they're very deep thinker and not trivial/impulsive like Shang Hao and Huan :lol:.

The brother/Military F4 is also MY FAVE! Even though I know nothing about military service, but I have few family members working for the army. So sometimes I heard funny story about the army from them. I like F4's brotherhood. I am craving for their screen time, coz it will be HILARIOUS or HEARTWARMING.

The Wang Family relationship is the main reasin why I get hooked in the first place. I like how Wang Papa love her children equally and give them precious gifts (rings and wood carving). When Wang Papa worried that one of his kid is not home yet reminds me of my parents. Also during Wang Papa and Huan's argument... ahhh bring lot of memories about my parents. The Wang Family makes me wanna cheris my family even more!

And is it just me or am I the only one missing Huan Huan these days?  It's not that I mind Wen Wen's storyline, but it is the least favorite for me and it just seems like that whole arc has been getting A LOT of screen time lately.  Would love it if they started balancing things out more again, like they did in the beginning.  Heck, it's not just Huan Huan I'm missing but the whole F4 and gang. I don't think we've seen Ai Mei Xin in forever.

I havent seen AMX and Oden's owner for a looong time! Seems Wen Wen story will be the main story for the next few eps... I want F4  (esp Zhi Xiang) to get more screen time :P

Sorry for long post! HAHA

@everlarking, no need to apologize for the long post.  I loved reading it and I'm so glad you've decided to join this thread.  I hope you'll keep participating (it gets lonely....)

I'm completely impressed by your watching 41 episodes in one week.  That is very good work.  Like you I've noticed a drag in the quality in these middle episodes compared to the beginning.  I think the earlier episodes did a better job of balancing out all the storylines.  Right now it's all very Wen Wen/Boss focused, and it's just not as interesting a storyline with all the business expansion talk that gets mixed in there.  The whole grandmother thing is a bit of a snooze fest, in my opinion.

As for the whole Huan love triangle, I worried a lot as well that there was still a chance Pighead might end up with her, especially when we kept seeing him and hardly anything of Yu Fan, but I don't think you or I need to worry.  As I've continued watching, I've noticed that while Huan hasn't been ready to commit to Yu Fan, she continues to keep Pighead at a distance.  I was rewatching that episode tonight (this time with subs) where Pighead mistakes Momo and An Jie as a couple and tries to cook steak for the Wang family, and it just reinforced everything that I do not find attractive about him.  He tries too hard.  Which results in him kissing up versus being earnest -- I was so glad when Grandmother called him out on that.  I actually prefer seeing Pighead interacting with Wen's boss because I feel like we see him at his most genuine self in those scenes.

In any event, look forward to Episode 51 (today's episode).  I think it's going to make you very, very happy.  I know I was well pleased with it tonight!  And judging from previews for tomorrow's episode, I think I'm going to enjoy Episode 52 too.  ;)

@themarchioness

Haha, finally! You have caught up to date with the episodes! No need for anymore spoilers. 

I think the writers ended wen wen arc nicely. Father still maintained his stand but wishes to respect his daughter decision. Every parent would want to protect their children no matter what happens. But little do they know that children will one day grow up and be on their own.

Momo arc is great! Or maybe it's due to me liking momo in the first place hehe. I think she would end up with anjie as they interact on a daily basis. But will xiang xiang be a choice as well? He's most prolly to be a regular soldier.

Most girls tend to like guys whom look like their father. Huan has a soldier yufan. Will momo follow suit? Both yufan and xiang are military police in vocation. Same as father!

On a side note. Xiang xiang always seems to be crying. Haha. 秀秀啦,别哭

Guest everlarking

I just finished watching eps 42. As expected, WenWen's arc take the time slot again. Papa Wang found out abt Wen wen and Boss and totally go batshit crazy. Tbqh, if this happen in real life, I will totally support Papa Wang but since I want Wenwen's arc to be ended asap. I wish Papa Wang gives his blessed to WenWen and boss immediately. Wenwen's arc is tiring to watch :sweatingbullets:.

Also there is scene where Wenwen realize her feeling for Boss and say few things about him, that he cant express his feeling well. That is so true because his expression is constant ALL THE TIME, whether he's happy, sad, or fear. Reminds me of that fish in Spongebon Squarepants. :sweatingbullets:

VFe0P.gif

Also talking about my fave scene in eps 42 is when freak #2 aka An Jhie tried to comfort Papa Wang. He's such special snow flakes that really make me smile all the way. Their scene is like the cream in my cake. While the cherry on top will be for F4 supporting Xiangxiang. Xiangxiang has been crying alot lately (poor boy! hehe) but ofc, "once F4 is always F4". A Shou and fatty is like my dynamic duo for creating laughter. I can't wait for eps 43! Shang Hao is back confronting Freak #2 (HAHAHA). Cross my finger for Xiangxiang and Momo interaction!

@everlarking, no need to apologize for the long post.  I loved reading it and I'm so glad you've decided to join this thread.  I hope you'll keep participating (it gets lonely....)

I'm completely impressed by your watching 41 episodes in one week.  That is very good work.  Like you I've noticed a drag in the quality in these middle episodes compared to the beginning.  I think the earlier episodes did a better job of balancing out all the storylines.  Right now it's all very Wen Wen/Boss focused, and it's just not as interesting a storyline with all the business expansion talk that gets mixed in there.  The whole grandmother thing is a bit of a snooze fest, in my opinion.

As for the whole Huan love triangle, I worried a lot as well that there was still a chance Pighead might end up with her, especially when we kept seeing him and hardly anything of Yu Fan, but I don't think you or I need to worry.  As I've continued watching, I've noticed that while Huan hasn't been ready to commit to Yu Fan, she continues to keep Pighead at a distance.  I was rewatching that episode tonight (this time with subs) where Pighead mistakes Momo and An Jie as a couple and tries to cook steak for the Wang family, and it just reinforced everything that I do not find attractive about him.  He tries too hard.  Which results in him kissing up versus being earnest -- I was so glad when Grandmother called him out on that.  I actually prefer seeing Pighead interacting with Wen's boss because I feel like we see him at his most genuine self in those scenes.

In any event, look forward to Episode 51 (today's episode).  I think it's going to make you very, very happy.  I know I was well pleased with it tonight!  And judging from previews for tomorrow's episode, I think I'm going to enjoy Episode 52 too.  ;)

@themarchioness I am planning to stay until I (hopefully) get what I want (YuFan/Huan, MoMo/AnJhie/Zhi Xiang). HAHAHA. Tbh, I rarely follow shows that is still on air because I dont have patient to wait, so I surprise myself as well to catch up with this series.

Yes! I love that scene as well when grandma said pighead is kissing her up (sorry for other pighead/Huan shipper :P). Pighead is really nice, but guess he's used to use sweet words to please people and using luxurious stuff (steak here) to impress Wang family. My worried about YuFan and Huan RL is partly because Huan is kinda dense character. She's annoyed with pighead, but she's weak to him as well. I guess that might be also her way to filtering her feelings. Also when Momo said that YF and Huan are awkward because they still cant deliver their mind freely. Hope that are thing that YF and Huan will work it out later. But I agree Huan so far has distance herself from him and help him in the capacity of friend/subordinate.(which in the same time may give pighead wrong signal). 

Yes #2. I really do see pighead's 'humility' and humbleness when he care about Wenwen's Boss. I think that is scene that I can tolerate for both of them.

I am so curious with today's episode! Please share ( I dont mind spoiler)! Is it about YF and Huan or my baby Xiang xiang? hehehe.

Most girls tend to like guys whom look like their father. Huan has a soldier yufan. Will momo follow suit? Both yufan and xiang are military police in vocation. Same as father!

On a side note. Xiang xiang always seems to be crying. Haha. 秀秀啦,别哭

@doctor23b will Momo have more 'significant' conversation with Xiang xiang? Coz so far they dont communicate in daily basis, and when they do communicate, mostly is surrounded by family/friends. Plus Momo and Xiang xiang are both shy ( why am I even like this hopeless pair?! :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:). 

Will we (or I in this case) see Xiangxiang's mother ?

@themarchioness

Haha, finally! You have caught up to date with the episodes! No need for anymore spoilers. 

Momo arc is great! Or maybe it's due to me liking momo in the first place hehe. I think she would end up with anjie as they interact on a daily basis. But will xiang xiang be a choice as well? He's most prolly to be a regular soldier.

@doctor23b  I've never minded spoilers, but yes, I am now keeping current (more or less) and watching with subs.  I say I'm "more or less" because whether I watch the entire episode or just bits and pieces of the currently airing eps depends a lot on what's going on in that particular episode.  For example, I'll watch all scenes that involve Huan, Momo, Boss/An Jie, Yu Fan, and the F4, but I skip through a lot of the scenes involving Wen Wen, Du Zheng Hui, and Tian Tian's waipo.  I figure it'll be enough for me to watch those scenes once with subs later.  For the others, I don't mind watching them twice.  :P

I think Momo will end up with Anjie too.  She seems to really get his unique qualities (or weirdness, as they like to describe it) and he obviously cares for her a lot.  Anjie always reminds me of that puppy who's got a thorn in his paw -- he wants the help, but always ends up lashing out at everyone around him if they try and get too close.  But Momo never lots his blustering stop her and rolls right over him.  So too does the rest of the Wang family for that matter.  Heh.  ;)

Of course I still like Momo with Xiang Xiang a lot too.  It's just if I had to guess where the writer was going with that triangle, I'd say it's Anjie (especially given the way things turned out at the end of Episode 51 -- which, what a place to end; hmph).  The thing about Momo and Xiang Xiang is that they are so similar.  They really get each other, which is what makes them great partners, but I can also see them turning that into a really close friendship versus something romantic.  It'll probably be something that drives Anjie forever nuts.  :P

That is so true because his expression is constant ALL THE TIME, whether he's happy, sad, or fear. Reminds me of that fish in Spongebon Squarepants. 

:sweatingbullets:

@themarchioness I am planning to stay until I (hopefully) get what I want (YuFan/Huan, MoMo/AnJhie/Zhi Xiang). HAHAHA. Tbh, I rarely follow shows that is still on air because I dont have patient to wait, so I surprise myself as well to catch up with this series.

My worried about YuFan and Huan RL is partly because Huan is kinda dense character. She's annoyed with pighead, but she's weak to him as well. I guess that might be also her way to filtering her feelings. Also when Momo said that YF and Huan are awkward because they still cant deliver their mind freely. Hope that are thing that YF and Huan will work it out later. But I agree Huan so far has distance herself from him and help him in the capacity of friend/subordinate.(which in the same time may give pighead wrong signal). 

I am so curious with today's episode! Please share ( I dont mind spoiler)! Is it about YF and Huan or my baby Xiang xiang? hehehe.

@doctor23b will Momo have more 'significant' conversation with Xiang xiang? Coz so far they dont communicate in daily basis, and when they do communicate, mostly is surrounded by family/friends.

@everlarking It frustrates me to some extent that Huan keeps Pighead around when she knows how he feels about her, but having said that, I think it's mostly Pighead that keeps himself around her and his own hope alive.  After all, he now owns her travel agency so they still have to work together.  From what I've seen, she really does treat him only as a friend.  It's he who continues to give himself hope by noting periodically that so long as she hasn't said yes to Yu Fan, he still has a chance.  That's why I wish Huan would hurry up already and say yes to Yu Fan!  I'm trying to be patient about that though since I do understand it's been hard when they never get to see each other.

Spoilers for Episode 51: YuFan finally had a break and asked Huan out on a date.  He took her to a pottery studio and they had a really cute "Ghost" scene . . . until a little girl came up to them and asked YF to show her and her friends how to throw a pot.  Suffice to say, Huan was not happy about that!  LOL.  More importantly, however, was the convo that they had afterward where YF reassured her that he liked her for who she was, and that she shouldn't feel like she needs to change.  He also addressed directly her concern that he'd been previously infatuated with Wen, and admitted that what he'd fallen in love with was the person he thought she was, versus actually knowing Wen.  Looks like they're going to hang out together more in Episode 52.

Which is why I'm trying not to freak out that on the drama's FB page, they posted a picture of Pighead with Tian Tian and another of Huan looking at the two of them together with this sweet expression on her face.  Repeats to self: Just because she's touched at the image of him being sweet with a little girl does not necessarily mean that her heart is being moved romantically!  Plus, I bet Yu Fan would be great with little kids too.  :P

As for Momo and Xiang Xiang, I forget in which of this past week's episodes it happened, but they will have a brief but meaningful conversation in which she provides him with a lot of comforting thoughts. 

And now that I've written another book, it's time for me to close so that I can go watch Episode 52.  It's great having a day off from work!  Hehehehe.  I should be caught up with Episode 44 for subbed episodes by the end of the day as well.

Guest everlarking

I dont like eps 44 becausr 75% of it is about Wenwen-Boss drama :vicx:. But finally I saw granny and Huan there. Toward the end ShangHao and An Jhie's antic at least cheer me up. 

@themarchioness whaatttt?!! Nooo....:tears: *sigh* Give me Yufan and Huan please...:sweatingbullets:

Archived