Guest ororomunroe

I'm watching episode 4.

And that sunbae is nice (I forgot his name). I like how he defended Ha No Ra to the hoobaes even though he's not in their course.

Cha Hyun Suk is so childish. I guess he really can't let go of Ha No Ra. And that scene where he hides her from Kim Woo Chul made me squeal. They even held hands though it's because they ran but I don't care.

I can't wait for the next episodes.

Yes, he is kind of childisch.... on the other hand, he is direct and honest. He isn't a hypocrite like KWC, who only cares for appearances. To conclude, he isn't vain like the husband.

In the episode 4, he came to the conclusion that HNR loves her husband and I believe, his last move is to awake jealousy by the husband so that her husband will stop cheating on her. He wants to save her marriage so that she doesn't have to die alone. Interesting is that he thinks, he is acting for HNR's best interest. However, he doesn't know that the couple is about to get divorced. IF he knew about it, he would try to conquer her, since he couldn't forget her. 

HNR has no idea that her husband is cheating on her because her husband kept blaming her for being so ignorant aso. She still believes anything her husband is saying. She hasn't seen him through: a liar and a hypocrite! Then I am suspecting, he cheated on her before. The reason he asked for the divorce now is YJ. She wants to marry him... actually, she doesn't want to end up as old maid. When she met HNR for the first time, she thought, HNR was an old maid... her thoughts revealed that she was projecting herself. Moreover she seduced an married man which implies that she couldn't get any single man before in my opinion. Besides, when she mentioned the couple Simone de Beauvoir and Sartre, she praised that kind of marriage which proves that she has no clue what marriage really means and she is idealising the relationship from this famous couple. Actually, as a French teacher, I can only say, it is well known that Simone de Beauvoir suffered immensely and it wasn't a easy thing like YJ described it. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup...this episode showed more skinship between our OTP though it may not romantic yet, normally skinship is indicator of our OTP. More skinship between NR and HS than WC and NR.

Still, I don't think WC despise NR, he just feel NR is incompatible to him now, he is growing much and NR stuck I her housewife routine so as year goes by, it creates communication problem hence his affair and his way of belittling NR perhaps is only a way she agrees to divorce her.

i am waiting till NR can talk back to WC same sentence he threw at her "Why should I let you know/tell you., we are practically stranger".. And also to MS once he finds out his cheating father....but I guess he might think NR cheats with HS first prior to figure out the truth. Perhaps HM can turn him around to see how an amazing mom he has.

Even if he doesn't despise her in your opinion, he is definitely disrespectful to her. He is really petty: asking her to take care of the light bulbs and the post, but on the other hand, he calls her as a stranger!! This illustrates that he only sees her as a maid in my opinion.

I believe, the origin of his disregard for her is not the routine in my opinion, rather the fact he got her pregnant right after having sex with her so that he was forced to marry her. The first scene showed us KWC presenting himself, while seducing her. So he didn't know her at all... the fact, they were kissing and on a beautiful island implied that they had sex that day. When HNR mentioned how she met KWC (at her art school) shows that she had noticed him before the scene on the island. Anyway, since he got her pregnant, she had to leave high school so suddenly and this surprised HSK and left him disappointed and feeling betrayed. HSK thought, she had been dating the guy for a long time but I am quite sure, she didn't. Moreover, the first meeting between HNR and KWC makes me think that he was more a player/womanizer. His reproach to his wife, she didn't allow him to live to the fullest is a clue that he saw his early marriage as an hindrance. Moreover, when she came back from Germany, he was calling her MS mother showing that he didn't love her, he only saw her as the mother of his son.

@bebebisous33,  WC has treated NR as the house maid and belittle her so much keeping her self esteem at and all time low and the grew up looking at his behavior towards his mom and treats her the same way.. Father or son feels nothing for the woman that has ran they family home as a unit while dad just treated mom like and employee.. I wouldn't even put her in the category of employee because he treats her like a nobody.. At this point she's a homeless stranger to him he don't even want to be associated with her or have anyone knows they have a connection that's what he thinks of her..   

@valsava I agree with you. She is like a maid to him... or even more like a concubine. She is kept hidden and she is not shown in society like in the past: her only good point was to give birth and the child was a son. Noone knows how his wife looks like, because he never introduced her to his colleagues. Even YJ has never seen her face. Usually, you keep a picture of your wife and son on your desk, but I am quite sure, he doesn't have any picture of her.

What upsets me the most is that HNR hasn't figured it out: he never really loved her.

HOW OLD IS LSY? I SAW HIM IN ANGEL EYES AND HE IS HANDSOME ? BUT HE FAILED ME IN LIARS GAME , HE SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL IN ACCEPTING HIS PROJECT BUT I KNOW ALL THE DECISION IS NOT HIS BUT ALSO THE MANAGER :)

I LIKE HIS ROLE  IN HERE BUT I HATE HIS HAIR WHY HAVE TO COMBED IT THAT WAY? EVEN HE IS A PROFESSOR ....

LSY is 34 years old. He was born in 1981. His hair looks like that because this underlines that he doesn't care about his appearance. But have you noticed, he started combing his hair in the episode 4?

@valsava I agree with you. She is like a maid to him... or even more like a concubine. She is kept hidden and she is not shown in society like in the past: her only good point was to give birth and the child was a son. Noone knows how his wife looks like, because he never introduced her to his colleagues. Even YJ has never seen her face. Usually, you keep a picture of your wife and son on your desk, but I am quite sure, he doesn't have any picture of her.

What upsets me the most is that HNR hasn't figured it out: he never really loved her.

@bebebisous33  I wouldn't even call her a concubine she was more of a nanny and that was it I bet they had separate bedrooms for a long while due to the kid she probably slept in his room and then to the living room until son probably question if they are really married..  But the two separate bed tells me there was hardly any or no action at all.. He feels she destroyed his life so when he dumps her he will destroy the remaining of hers.. But she did a life of solitude being with him she was not seen to anyone..  

@Valsava. I agree her son's girlfriend is too needy.  I anticipate she will dump him when both his parents are revealed to be involved in professor romance scandals.

Her flashbacks have been clear that she targeted him. Plus she won't want to be associated with the older student everyone hates, as her boyfriend's mother. I bet her son will blame his mother for interrupting his love life.

The picture taken of her and the professor, I cringed, knowing that innocent hiding her from her husband, is going to come back and hunt both of them in the future.

So many plot variations. And with TVN who knows? We'll see? Is she going to correct everyone she's not dying? Is she going to dump the husband, and dare embrace the professor? 

@Valsava. I agree her son's girlfriend is too needy.  I anticipate she will dump him when both his parents are revealed to be involved in professor romance scandals.

Her flashbacks have been clear that she targeted him. Plus she won't want to be associated with the older student everyone hates, as her boyfriend's mother. I bet her son will blame his mother for interrupting his love life.

The picture taken of her and the professor, I cringed, knowing that innocent hiding her from her husband, is going to come back and hunt both of them in the future.

So many plot variations. And with TVN who knows? We'll see? Is she going to correct everyone she's not dying? Is she going to dump the husband, and dare embrace the professor? 

I disagree. First, HM was the one who sent a SMS to HNR to tell her that the room had changed. HM is starting seeing HNR differently. She knows, HNR saved her. I am rather expecting that she will be on HNR's side, when she hears how MS treats his mother. Yes, she targeted him, but she was well aware that he wasn't a womanizer. She saw him as someone serious... but as soon as she discovers his disregard for his mother, she might get more upset. She will be the one who will force him to see his mother differently. 

@abbybakre,  I don't care what she do as long as she lose the loser husband and Son can go to because he treats just as bad as the dad when he starts to wising up he will realize just how much of love his mom poured onto him and it wasn't all about his dad.. I look for loser son to learn from dad or overhear him telling mom that she trap him into marriage because he got her pregnant and he never wanted him or why she didn't abort him..

I hope she finishes school open her own business and becomes successful in her own right something tells me that contract that they sign will be more of a problem to the husband then the wife that he's divorcing everything is in his favor which in return become favorable to her if she comes into some riches he will try and cash in on.. 

The son girlfriend we won't have to worry about to much longer because she the all about be seen type with her boyfriends and wants to be pampered lot's of attention and high maintenance she needs one of those rich chabeols to play with so she won't last long.. I just wonder how long she will keep the blinders on his eyes before he finds out..

But Tvn ad Ocn have been putting out some good dramas so who knows how the story s going to go maybe the needy girl may turn out to be alright but so far I don't see it..    

I disagree. First, HM was the one who sent a SMS to HNR to tell her that the room had changed. HM is starting seeing HNR differently. She knows, HNR saved her. I am rather expecting that she will be on HNR's side, when she hears how MS treats his mother. Yes, she targeted him, but she was well aware that he wasn't a womanizer. She saw him as someone serious... but as soon as she discovers his disregard for his mother, she might get more upset. She will be the one who will force him to see his mother differently. 

@bebebisous33,  Those girls had me hot with them she protected them from perverted teacher filling them up getting his kicks and they act as if she did something wrong the boys didn't have nothing to worry about because he wasn't messing with them at that point I wish some gay guy was at the table but the gay's I know don't go around filling up students unless they a student themselves and have or had something going on but they all should have stuck together just for the sake of being a female and told the boy's to go home and ask they parent what do they think about what she did..  

I hope she finishes school open her own business and becomes successful in her own right something tells me that contract that they sign will be more of a problem to the husband then the wife that he's divorcing everything is in his favor which in return become favorable to her if she comes into some riches he will try and cash in on.. 

Our lovely NoRa can take over her late grandma's tteokbokki store? CHS seems to like it :P

Yes, he is kind of childisch.... on the other hand, he is direct and honest. He isn't a hypocrite like KWC, who only cares for appearances. To conclude, he isn't vain like the husband.

*[I do think CHS is vain, but in a more harmless adolescent, less selfish, less ego-destroying  way than KWC]*

In the episode 4, he came to the conclusion that HNR loves her husband and I believe, his last move is to awake jealousy by the husband so that her husband will stop cheating on her. He wants to save her marriage so that she doesn't have to die alone. Interesting is that he thinks, he is acting for HNR's best interest. However, he doesn't know that the couple is about to get divorced. IF he knew about it, he would try to conquer her, since he couldn't forget her. 

HNR has no idea that her husband is cheating on her because her husband kept blaming her for being so ignorant aso. She still believes anything her husband is saying. She hasn't seen him through: a liar and a hypocrite! Then I am suspecting, he cheated on her before. The reason he asked for the divorce now is YJ. She wants to marry him... actually, she doesn't want to end up as old maid. When she met HNR for the first time, she thought, HNR was an old maid... her thoughts revealed that she was projecting herself. Moreover she seduced an married man which implies that she couldn't get any single man before in my opinion. Besides, when she mentioned the couple Simone de Beauvoir and Sartre, she praised that kind of marriage which proves that she has no clue what marriage really means and she is idealising the relationship from this famous couple. Actually, as a French teacher, I can only say, it is well known that Simone de Beauvoir suffered immensely and it wasn't a easy thing like YJ described it. 

Cha Hyun Suk is so childish, petty, nosy, demanding, a butinsky, arrogant (you don't fix someone's life without being asked to), sincere, loyal, kind and gets you all hot just from seeing his handsomeness. Really  there should be a law passed to keep Lee Sang-Yoon from getting any more handsome.  Such a living embodiment of beauty makes it hard to get any work done. I've seen two or three dramas he's done, notably My Daughter Seo-Young, and he is always so attractive, but his 'youthfulness' in this performance is so charming.  When Hyun Suk starts being petty there is a clear sense that he is still stuck in high-school wondering why his crush never notices him.  And I love his hair.  I love how beautiful it makes him look and love the way it underscores the carefreeness of his character.

I hope Hyun Suk never tries to conquer No Ra.  It would be great if he would woo her and win her to his side.

And you are so right about Yi-Ji ridiculous glorifying of the Sartre/deBeauvoir relationship.  Most people posit that Sartre got what he wanted and deBeauvoir had to compromise away a lot of her expectations.  

*[I do think CHS is vain, but in a more harmless adolescent, less selfish, less ego-destroying  way than KWC]*

Cha Hyun Suk is so childish, petty, nosy, demanding, a butinsky, arrogant (you don't fix someone's life without being asked to), sincere, loyal, kind and gets you all hot just from seeing his handsomeness. Really  there should be a law passed to keep Lee Sang-Yoon from getting any more handsome.  Such a living embodiment of beauty makes it hard to get any work done. I've seen two or three dramas he's done, notably My Daughter Seo-Young, and he is always so attractive, but his 'youthfulness' in this performance is so charming.  When Hyun Suk starts being petty there is a clear sense that he is still stuck in high-school wondering why his crush never notices him.  And I love his hair.  I love how beautiful it makes him look and love the way it underscores the carefreeness of his character.

I hope Hyun Suk never tries to conquer No Ra.  It would be great if he would woo her and win her to his side.

And you are so right about Yi-Ji ridiculous glorifying of the Sartre/deBeauvoir relationship.  Most people posit that Sartre got what he wanted and deBeauvoir had to compromise away a lot of her expectations.  

@hushhh,  YJ lives in the idea of what would they marriage be like I like to see her try and fill NR shoes for one week. Wc will see the big difference in what he had and what he traded it in for they will be eating out all the time unless he come up with some lame excuse for NR to do it..  

@hushhh,  YJ lives in the idea of what would they marriage be like I like to see her try and fill NR shoes for one week. Wc will see the big difference in what he had and what he traded it in for they will be eating out all the time unless he come up with some lame excuse for NR to do it..  

When it comes to horrible K-drama husbands, WC isn't as "obviously" horrible. Even his way of making NR feel like crap is interesting.  Instead of telling her she is lesser, he lays out the facts and allows her to come to the "obvious" conclusion that she is less than.  I am sure NW thinks he is kind and considerate to NR and doesn't even see how he is being a piece of "richard simmons".  Even when YiJi asked if he got the agreement to go through with the divorce signed, he said (from the subs I read) he wouldn't discuss that out of respect for the mother of his child.

WC probably thinks he is upright, moral, fair and considerate.  He would condemn the "pervy"* faculty career counselor and probably sees himself as a feminist who craves a relationship with an educated independent woman. So far, I haven't gotten the sense that WC did not love the young NoRa, or that he didn't want to marry her.  And I hope I never get that sense because it would means young NoRa was duped.  

I think WC was attracted to the strong, artistic, unusual and unexpected NoRa and he thinks he might still be attracted to NoRa if he saw her that way.  What psychologist WC didn't take in account in his youth is that two ambitious people with independent goals will have trouble maintaining a relationship and career goals without compromise on one or both their part.  NoRa did all the compromise/sacrifice to maintain the relationship and as a result WC loss respect for her.  As soon as HS reawaken the spirit of the original NoRa, WC will genuinely want her back. But WC's selfishness means NoRa can't be with WC and be the person WC is attracted to. 

What is a big part of the comedy is that the psychologist YiJi and WC are self-delusional in how they see themselves.

That's how I see it now--but k-drama always proves me wrong.

* I hate the word "pervy" because it makes a serious offense seems cute.

@hushhh Great analysis about KWC! You're right. He is delusional thinking that he is far better than his wife and he is good at manipulating her. 

You might be right, that he was attracted to her by her strong character. However, I don't think he really knew her for a long time. CSK had no idea that she was seeing someone else and I doubt, she would lie to him or hid it from him. Her best friend had no idea either. I rather believe, they met on a short notice and she got pregnant. I am sure, she loved KWC but sometimes, a person in love can do some mistake.

When it comes to horrible K-drama husbands, WC isn't as "obviously" horrible. Even his way of making NR feel like crap is interesting.  Instead of telling her she is lesser, he lays out the facts and allows her to come to the "obvious" conclusion that she is less than.  I am sure NW thinks he is kind and considerate to NR and doesn't even see how he is being a piece of "richard simmons".  Even when YiJi asked if he got the agreement to go through with the divorce signed, he said (from the subs I read) he wouldn't discuss that out of respect for the mother of his child.

<snip>

I was thinking exactly this. He thinks he is being respectful of her and behaving in a moral way. He stopped himself from looking at her planner (something HS did not do we should all note). Plus he scolded the son for not respecting his mother. My suspicion is that he did not even sleep with his gf until her got that effective divorce paper from NR over a year ago and stopped sleeping in the same bed as his wife.  I think this is going to be a plot device later on.  Maybe his girlfriend (Yi jin??) will do something disrespectful to NR and WC will be very upset by that and break up with her.

I think he was in love with her at the beginning. He did not abandon her pregnant in Korea but took her with him to Germany. Something that would have been very hard on him as well. Perhaps as NR finds herself she is going to become more the woman he fell in love with. And also more the woman that HS fell for as well. I am sure a dance performance is in store for us but also maybe a theatre performance.

And like others here I think that contract and effective divorce paperwork is going to come back to bite WC on the richard simmons. He also stated that people should be free to live happily and that is going to be turned around i to her living free and happy imo.

Episode four was gr8. That chemistry is just right between HS & NR. Him hiding her in his jacket and them running together was so silly and cute, ha. NR is so so cute when she's excited about doing things for herself. Ooh one thing, I never thought I'd say but I applauded WC this episode for like 4 seconds. He went from being 99% trash in my eyes to 98% trash (ha big improvement, right?) 

It happened when YJ asked if NR's signed the contract and he shut her down so fast, by telling her he doesn't want to discuss that kind of stuff with her. He wanted to keep manners when it came to the mother of his child. I actually smiled because I've seen so many kdramas where the husbands have no problem debasing and slandering their wives so the mistress doesn't feel inept within their situation. Then it creates a atmosphere for the mistress to verbally disrespect the wife so boy was I glad when he was like nopeeeee. 

Hye Mi is looking mad shady rn. I'm definitely looking forward to this week's episodes. 

Hi every1!

I have been reading your analysis and they are amazing!!! How do they cme up? I think I watch this drama with an full head lol! Or maybe our mr dimples is making me lose my mind! I just can not concentrate! I dont like his hair but without that hair he would look younger than the lead actress! This is what I think! 

I started to watch this because of CJW.  I always follow women who go their own way and value their intellect and genius.  

I graduated from high school at 16, college at 20, masters at 22 and a family and 3 kids by 29.  I am always looking for female icons and mentors - and CJW is that to me - even though she is my junior by many years.  She had a supportive family - I did it on my own - that doesn't change my admiration for her courage and choices.

I follow Korean shows for many reasons. . . 

(1) because I think Korea is the most challenged and interesting country on the planet.   - it's filled with genius and possibility and the some of the most educated cowardly brainwashed women (seriously men are required to serve and not women?  you want equality but you don't think you have to serve your country?  I get the American women had Abigail Adams, Martha Washington, and hundreds of icons but so do you -- what are you going to do break a fingernail?  Why are you denying the incredible Asian women that are your mentors?  Expecting and requiring to be treated equal but not  demanding to be treated equal?)  It's a women's issue and this show brings it to the forefront.  Women could transform this big blue marble if they follow in SJW's footsteps or be lazy and paint their faces and fingernails.

(2) US shows are so violent - after being the victim of physical and sexual violence - these are the few shows that don't give me nightmares and trigger subconscious responses to my complex PTSD. They are fun flights of fancy from a bygone era.

(3)  You revere dimples - which are normal in my family - we call them angel kisses. So finding a culture that reveres what I consider common is grounding and . . . challenging.  To reconsider that the things YOU consider normal are only normal where you live.  And the things that you consider special are only special in your space and time.  

So it's  -- complex - and fun or not - depending on whether you choose to laugh or cry at life.  It's like a funeral where you can cry because someone has left --  or dance and sing and celebrate the years of fun you had together - it's a choice. Today - well I'm going to laugh and enjoy this fun show.  It's a real treat.

WC probably thinks he is upright, moral, fair and considerate.  He would condemn the "pervy"* faculty career counselor and probably sees himself as a feminist who craves a relationship with an educated independent woman. So far, I haven't gotten the sense that WC did not love the young NoRa, or that he didn't want to marry her.  And I hope I never get that sense because it would means young NoRa was duped.  

I think WC was attracted to the strong, artistic, unusual and unexpected NoRa and he thinks he might still be attracted to NoRa if he saw her that way.  What psychologist WC didn't take in account in his youth is that two ambitious people with independent goals will have trouble maintaining a relationship and career goals without compromise on one or both their part.  NoRa did all the compromise/sacrifice to maintain the relationship and as a result WC loss respect for her.  As soon as HS reawaken the spirit of the original NoRa, WC will genuinely want her back. But WC's selfishness means NoRa can't be with WC and be the person WC is attracted to. 

What is a big part of the comedy is that the psychologist YiJi and WC are self-delusional in how they see themselves.

That's how I see it now--but k-drama always proves me wrong.

* I hate the word "pervy" because it makes a serious offense seems cute.

@hushhh,  Awesome just Awesome  got forgot to see this side of Wc and Yj what they think of themselves over others to bad we don't have the bow symbols anymore because this praise I give to you personally.. He moved on and left her behind I still think Halmoni part of the deal she should have stayed in school and he's giving back what's rightfully her's id apart of his plan I just don't trust Wc..      

I started to watch this because of CJW.  I always follow women who go their own way and value their intellect and genius.  

I graduated from high school at 16, college at 20, masters at 22 and a family and 3 kids by 29.  I am always looking for female icons and mentors - and she is that to me - even though she is my junior by many years.  

I follow Korean shows for many reasons. (1) because I think Korea is the most challenged and interesting country on the planet.   - it's filled with genius and possibility and the some of the most cowardly women (seriously men are required to serve and not women?  you want equality but you don't think you have to serve your country?  what are you going to break a fingernail?  Expecting and requiring to be treated equal but not  demanding to be treated equal?)  It's a women's issue and this show brings it  to the forefront.  Women could transform this big blue marble if they follow in SJW's footsteps; (2) US shows are so violent - after being the victim of physical and sexual violence - these are the few shows that don't give me nightmares and trigger subconscious responses to my complex PTSD. They are fun flights of fancy from a bygone era.  You revere dimples - which are normal in my family - we call them angel kisses. So finding a culture that reveres what I consider common is grounding and . . . challenging.  To reconsider that the things YOU consider normal are only normal where you live.  And the things that you consider special are only special in your space and time.  So it's  -- complex - and fun or not - depending on whether you choose to laugh at the ridiculousness of life - me - I'm laughing today. 

@mbcam     WELL SAID

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] 20 Again

gg12.jpg

Osen - Naver: '20 Again' Choi Ji Woo, Lee Sang Yoon and Choi Won Young meet at last

1. [+3,614, -48] Lee Sang Yoon's smile at the end gave me a heart attack ㅜㅜㅜ

2. [+2,421, -45] Lee Sang Yoon's cool when he tries to stir jealousy ㅎㅎ

3. [+1,718, -47] I love this drama.. Does anyone know who's singing at the ending part?
-I'm pretty sure it's Jannabi.. Their vocals are quite distinct!
-I thought of Jannabi too ㅋㅋㅋ They sang Ex-Girlfriend Club's ost

4. [+616, -21] Get together with Lee Sang Yoon and leave your cheater of a husband ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+563, -21] I shouted before I even knew it when he put his arms around her shoulders and was smiling ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Lee Sang Yoon's so handsome !!!!!!!!

6. [+522, -27] I hope Han Nora ends up with Cha Hyun Suk

7. [+220, -6] The cheater husband and the President's daughter are weirdly lame but they're actually funny and cute, you really can't hate them ㅋㅋㅋ What a weird and addicting drama 

8. [+227, -13] There were people who didn't find the first two episodes fun it's finally picking up. Writer So Hyun Kyung never disappoints

9. [+228, -14] Good job with the casting! From Choi Ji Woo, Lee Sang Yoong who's a rediscovery,  Choi Won Young,  to the Son Na Eun-Min Jae couple! The drama's daebak!

Cr: kkuljaem

Guest najmizah

Excuse me for not reading back every page.  But i'm still working and really curious.  Who plays the younger CHS? i've been googling in some articles but nothing mention his as a supporting cast or whatever.  I remember him playing as Tak Ye Jin brother in Producer CMIW. but still don't know his name.  he's really cute.

and I also curious about the ending song from ep 4.  what is the title of that song?  My 2,5 Years old daughter dance cheerfully hearing that song....:)

Archived