Guest ororomunroe

Annyeong, yeoreobun!! My first time posting here. I watched this drama out of curiosity but now I'm positively addicted. Lee Sang Yoon really rocks this role like no other and I love this petty version of Ha Woo Jin.  But whenever WC appears, I can't help but think of the psycho Lee Jung Young giving up his old job as a forensic to become a university professor. Well... both are brainy jobs anyway. 

After watching this episode, I concluded that COAT can be useful for a romantic purpose ..hahhah... 

Seeing how funny misunderstanding can turn out to be, I don't mind if HS keeps having this wrong idea of NR's illness. I can watch his antics all day long. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time for me to see a very funny Lee SangYoon!!  I laughed so hard on the scene where he tried to hide HNR in his trench coat.  They will be fine for now but bickering will continue once another truth comes out - that HNR is not dying soon.

I'm with you.  I couldn't stop laughing because he made me think of inept Inspector Gadget, with that trench coat and sunglasses.    :lol:

It's really nice to see good acting from such versatile veteran actors as Choi Ji Woo and Lee Sang Yoon.  They are making this drama so much fun!

Of course, the sleazy pervert professor is holding true to his typed-cast character.  Just as he did in the recent Angry Mom.:P:crazy:

It will be hilarious if the three main characters end up in a love triangle.  That should leave the homewrecking professor out in the cold. :crazy:

Guest ororomunroe

Twenty Again: Episode 4

by javabeans | September 5, 2015 | 12 Comments

twentyagain4-00199a.jpg

Ah, hello hilarious misunderstandings, I’ve been waiting for you. I figured the emotions of the opening week would soon give way to the lighter (but still heartfelt) comedic moments, and now we’re there in full swing. It’s a good place to be, with characters behaving in cute, hilarious, and frequently childish ways. But the poignancy is still there, and while it hurts to watch every time life kicks Nora down, we’re starting to see that she’s not entirely alone.

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/twenty-again-episode-4/

I have never enjoyed  a show as much as I  enjoy Twenty Again for a long time. I can't wait for the next episode! I laughed out loud when HaNora asked "Are you a singing idol?" because LSY was hiding from the students who were taking pictures.

we're only on episode 4 but already no preview for the next episode?! Wae?!? :(

I'm really loving this series.. Glad that at least I have something to get my mind off it's predecessor omg which I really miss badly. Twenty Again is living up to my expectations so far and I'm always looking forward to new episodes... 

One tsundere after another.. After Sunwoo now we have hyun seokie.. I love love love my adorkable male leads.. TVN jjang!!

I have never enjoyed  a show as much as I  enjoy Twenty Again for a long time. I can't wait for the next episode! I laughed out loud when HaNora asked "Are you a singing idol?" because LSY was hiding from the students who were taking pictures.

OMG same. I haven't been this excited to watch new episodes of a drama for a while.

LSY and CJW have amazing chemistry! They're so fun to watch. I squealed so hard when CHS covered her head with his coat lmao! SO CUTE! I thought it was hilarious when HNR started laughing by herself when she recalled crying after she found out she only had 6 months to live, and two people looked at her like "What is wrong with this woman?" LMFAO

Also, I cannot wait till SN and NR become BFFs lol

Hello everyone!

Is this drama doing well ratings wise? I'm not sure since this is tvn. I sure hope it is because it is simply a ray of light!! As someone in college, I really enjoy watching this. CJW really gives me life. She makes me cheer her on and just want to shout hurrah all the time. LSY is also so handsome in this one. (Like always.) 

I've given up on a lot of dramas half way or quarter way through. This is one I desperately hope that doesn't start dragging / have dubious origins (yunno what I'm talking about) / get crazy from a dumb writer / start spinning away from its goal / become insane... SO. WOO!

i am happy  to  note  that  choi  ji  woo  isa cting out  an  appropriate  role  fit  for  her  age.  she is  not  afraid  to  act  out a  mother  role  with  a  grown  up  teen  age  son.  shows  her  maturity  as  an  actress.  but  in  some  scenes,  i  noticed  that  students  are  not  respectful  of  older  students  and belittle  them.  i  studied  in  the  premier  university  of  my  country  and  we  have  older  students (middle  aged  45-50yrs old)  and  they  are  not  treated  differently.  in  fact  we  admire  them  for  working  so  hard to  get  their diploma  after being rudely  interrupted  by  maarriage  etc.,  we  learned  a  lot  from  them   and  they  feel young  by  being  with  us.

This is the part of the show that I don't like. I know the kids are awful for effect and that is is an OTT comedy but still I find watching the students plain annoying. I have a hard time imagining anything like this occurring.  I do agree that it is hard for a 20 yo to stand up to a prof but other than that I find nothing about them believable. 

Was glad to see her marriage class partner scolding the class for not letting her know about the room change. I hope he goes back and talks himself back into the theatre class.

What I really like about this show is the 3 leads. All are actors I like and so I am willing to put up with a fair amount of annoying scenes to see them. I am glad that NR found out she is not ill. Having HS think she is terminal allows him to do things he could not get away with doing for a normal married woman. Any thoughts on why he has brought her and her husband together? Is he trying to encourage her to tell her husband about her illness? Trying to make him jealous so he stops cheating?

i am happy  to  note  that  choi  ji  woo  isa cting out  an  appropriate  role  fit  for  her  age.  she is  not  afraid  to  act  out a  mother  role  with  a  grown  up  teen  age  son.  shows  her  maturity  as  an  actress.  but  in  some  scenes,  i  noticed  that  students  are  not  respectful  of  older  students  and belittle  them.  i  studied  in  the  premier  university  of  my  country  and  we  have  older  students (middle  aged  45-50yrs old)  and  they  are  not  treated  differently.  in  fact  we  admire  them  for  working  so  hard to  get  their diploma  after being rudely  interrupted  by  maarriage  etc.,  we  learned  a  lot  from  them   and  they  feel young  by  being  with  us.

This is the part of the show that I don't like. I know the kids are awful for effect and that is is an OTT comedy but still I find watching the students plain annoying. I have a hard time imagining anything like this occurring.  I do agree that it is hard for a 20 yo to stand up to a prof but other than that I find nothing about them believable. 

Was glad to see her marriage class partner scolding the class for not letting her know about the room change. I hope he goes back and talks himself back into the theatre class.

What I really like about this show is the 3 leads. All are actors I like and so I am willing to put up with a fair amount of annoying scenes to see them. I am glad that NR found out she is not ill. Having HS think she is terminal allows him to do things he could not get away with doing for a normal married woman. Any thoughts on why he has brought her and her husband together? Is he trying to encourage her to tell her husband about her illness? Trying to make him jealous so he stops cheating?

I am teaching in an uni and am also finding the portrayal of the students here a bit unbelievable. I have some ahjumma students enrolling my class, but I have [fortunately] never seen younger classmates bully them or something. It's not a big thing to have a much older woman go to school. In fact, from time to time, I see ahjumma student gets close with the other students real quick and kinda becomes their hen..hahhah. 

I re-watched ep 4 again and replay the last scene where HS put his arms around NR and grin....I love that scene so much, I wish I can put HS in my pocket and bring it out when I have bad day just to see that smile. :).

Normally K-drama likes to have hubby-wife reconcile....but I hope it won't be the case for this drama....Let WC be with the lady professor. 

Why do I think that SY will be the one to tell NR about HS thinking she is dying?. I know she has a crush on HS but I hope she won't turn into unpleasant person. 

As for the contract Min Soo signed with his father - I think it is simply a case that the dad wanted him to focus on his studies and hence he made Min Soo signed the contract that if he was found dating, he would have to go to the army (ultimate deterrent to stop him dating and being distracted). Since WC is such a snob, he expects his son to excel in his studies and become an intellectual like him and have great job prospects etc. He wants the son to focus on his studies and nothing else... I don't think he is trying to get out of paying for his college education. He was so keen the son went to the right sort of university and he even swapped his place of work for his son's sake.

I thought he switched schools to be closer to his lover? Remember that his son was supposed to be going to his old school, his current one was second choice. 

EP 4 Avg rating - 4.619% (source: naver) 

@ororomunroe,  Nope it's no dating allowed don't matter what school he's in 

I don't think he swap work for his son he just trying to hide his relationship but it ended up son is still where he could find out

I meant that KWC moved schools so he could be closer to that marriage teacher, not MS. He expected MS to go the old school, not his new one. The no dating rule only applies to MS.

This is my first comment on this thread. I have just started watching this drama and loved it.

First, I agree with you @ororomunroe. He changed his work place in order to be close to YJ, the daughter of the school chairman. But the reason he mentioned his moving to his son is his discussion with HNR: first, she discovered his secret. Secondly she had told him that he should have told her, even if they are on the brink to get divorced... since you are supposed to talk about this kind of subject to your friends. So her remark made him realise that he needs to do it so that he shows closeness to his son. IF you look carefully, KWC has never reprimanded his son to be mean and disrespectful to his mother... this proves that he wants his son to consider him as the better parent... the role model.

Therefore I suspect that KWC decided to mention the subject to his son because he wants him to believe that he was the reason why he moved to his school. He could help him for his study due to his status and his connection... In this way, it makes him look like a good father: a selfless father who would do anything for his son. He wants his son to admire him. Remember, MS looks down on his mother because he hasn't realised what she has sacrifised for him: her youth and future. MS has been copying the behaviour of his father. The father always thought, his wife was a burden and didn't do anything for him: she has no connection, no diploma aso. He feels so superior to her that's why the son feels the same. 

The reason why he is cheating on his wife is that YJ represents the opposite of HNR: she is the daughter of someone influent and important. She is working as a professor which proves that she has a certain level of education and she has connections. That's why I suspect, KWC is more interested in YJ for those reasons. The appearance is what matters to him. She is actually helping him in his career: she introduced him to the famous producer HSK.

The conversation between father and son reveals that MS is important to him: he wants the support from his son. However, the father is a big deceiver and once the truth is discovered: MS might end up despise his own father. 

Hello everyone!

Is this drama doing well ratings wise? I'm not sure since this is tvn. I sure hope it is because it is simply a ray of light!! As someone in college, I really enjoy watching this. CJW really gives me life. She makes me cheer her on and just want to shout hurrah all the time. LSY is also so handsome in this one. (Like always.) 

I've given up on a lot of dramas half way or quarter way through. This is one I desperately hope that doesn't start dragging / have dubious origins (yunno what I'm talking about) / get crazy from a dumb writer / start spinning away from its goal / become insane... SO. WOO!

I think it has the highest ratings ever for the first episodes of a cable drama. Other successful cable dramas like Oh My Ghost started at 2% only as well as the highest rating Reply 1994 ( which ended at 11%-the highest ever in a cable drama). 

I'm watching episode 4.

And that sunbae is nice (I forgot his name). I like how he defended Ha No Ra to the hoobaes even though he's not in their course.

Cha Hyun Suk is so childish. I guess he really can't let go of Ha No Ra. And that scene where he hides her from Kim Woo Chul made me squeal. They even held hands though it's because they ran but I don't care.

I can't wait for the next episodes.

Yup...this episode showed more skinship between our OTP though it may not romantic yet, normally skinship is indicator of our OTP. More skinship between NR and HS than WC and NR.

Still, I don't think WC despise NR, he just feel NR is incompatible to him now, he is growing much and NR stuck I her housewife routine so as year goes by, it creates communication problem hence his affair and his way of belittling NR perhaps is only a way she agrees to divorce her.

i am waiting till NR can talk back to WC same sentence he threw at her "Why should I let you know/tell you., we are practically stranger".. And also to MS once he finds out his cheating father....but I guess he might think NR cheats with HS first prior to figure out the truth. Perhaps HM can turn him around to see how an amazing mom he has.

HOW OLD IS LSY? I SAW HIM IN ANGEL EYES AND HE IS HANDSOME ? BUT HE FAILED ME IN LIARS GAME , HE SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL IN ACCEPTING HIS PROJECT BUT I KNOW ALL THE DECISION IS NOT HIS BUT ALSO THE MANAGER :)

I LIKE HIS ROLE  IN HERE BUT I HATE HIS HAIR WHY HAVE TO COMBED IT THAT WAY? EVEN HE IS A PROFESSOR ....

Yup...this episode showed more skinship between our OTP though it may not romantic yet, normally skinship is indicator of our OTP. More skinship between NR and HS than WC and NR.

Still, I don't think WC despise NR, he just feel NR is incompatible to him now, he is growing much and NR stuck I her housewife routine so as year goes by, it creates communication problem hence his affair and his way of belittling NR perhaps is only a way she agrees to divorce her.

i am waiting till NR can talk back to WC same sentence he threw at her "Why should I let you know/tell you., we are practically stranger".. And also to MS once he finds out his cheating father....but I guess he might think NR cheats with HS first prior to figure out the truth. Perhaps HM can turn him around to see how an amazing mom he has.

Even if he doesn't despise her in your opinion, he is definitely disrespectful to her. He is really petty: asking her to take care of the light bulbs and the post, but on the other hand, he calls her as a stranger!! This illustrates that he only sees her as a maid in my opinion.

I believe, the origin of his disregard for her is not the routine in my opinion, rather the fact he got her pregnant right after having sex with her so that he was forced to marry her. The first scene showed us KWC presenting himself, while seducing her. So he didn't know her at all... the fact, they were kissing and on a beautiful island implied that they had sex that day. When HNR mentioned how she met KWC (at her art school) shows that she had noticed him before the scene on the island. Anyway, since he got her pregnant, she had to leave high school so suddenly and this surprised HSK and left him disappointed and feeling betrayed. HSK thought, she had been dating the guy for a long time but I am quite sure, she didn't. Moreover, the first meeting between HNR and KWC makes me think that he was more a player/womanizer. His reproach to his wife, she didn't allow him to live to the fullest is a clue that he saw his early marriage as an hindrance. Moreover, when she came back from Germany, he was calling her MS mother showing that he didn't love her, he only saw her as the mother of his son.

Archived