• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to believe the Man that she thinks killed her father didn't but the president did and he wants her to get his son out of jail..

@valsava - I agree. There are two ex-convicts who will be main players in this drama and they will help the police team. Of course, the really funny ex-con who was arrest by both newbies simultaneously, Bae Dal-Hwan, he is actually one of the major leads. I really like his hilarious acting and he will be similar to that funny side-kick, Jang Ho-Shik who won our hearts in Masked Prosecutor. The actor who plays Park Dong-Il whom Mrs.Cop hates is a veteran actor who appeared in over 30 moves and over 40 dramas, Kim Kap-Soo. His serious demeanor so far, in addition to the fact he was a model prisoner, shows me he has another side. Team leader Choi only loses her cool around someone she really hates and she shot one of them. Park Dong-Il is also one whom Choi has a vengeance against. But from the scenes in which Park was "casing the joint" near the corrupted people's headquarter, I think he has a design which eventually would help the police team. So, @valsava is very likely correct that Park didn't kill Choi's father. It is exciting to wait for the upcoming development. It is a really good drama.

I'm starting to believe the Man that she thinks killed her father didn't but the president did and he wants her to get his son out of jail..

@valsava - I agree. There are two ex-convicts who will be main players in this drama and they will help the police team. Of course, the really funny ex-con who was arrest by both newbies simultaneously, Bae Dal-Hwan, he is actually one of the major leads. I really like his hilarious acting and he will be similar to that funny side-kick, Jang Ho-Shik who won our hearts in Masked Prosecutor. The actor who plays Park Dong-Il whom Mrs.Cop hates is a veteran actor who appeared in over 30 moves and over 40 dramas, Kim Kap-Soo. His serious demeanor so far, in addition to the fact he was a model prisoner, shows me he has another side. Team leader Choi only loses her cool around someone she really hates and she shot one of them. Park Dong-Il is also one whom Choi has a vengeance against. But from the scenes in which Park was "casing the joint" near the corrupted people's headquarter, I think he has a design which eventually would help the police team. So, @valsava is very likely correct that Park didn't kill Choi's father. It is exciting to wait for the upcoming development. It is a really good drama.

@docster6,  I think her dad discovered they drug ring and he didn't want to be apart of it apparently they were all business partners at one time or another but due to the facts that he wasn't on board with what they were doing and they had team leader Choi dad breathing down they necks kill him and frame the ex con for it.  It's a win win situation for them they could continue to do business while getting rid of they two biggest headaches..     

OK, I wanna know whose idea this was :lol: -- From Episode 6 about 34:30 in--CJY is searching thru the books:

mrscop6sla_zpsc4xlbthn.jpgIt's the book nearest her pinkie with the black spine and green metallic accent. .....I mean, is that not hilarious! If Show is gonna start throwing things like this in, I might have to watch it just to find the funny stuff! I wonder if it was KHA's idea?

A great big thank you to the Viki Subber who caught this...you made my day! 

After the first four episodes I was still not sure I would watch this but then 5 and 6 came along and boy what a difference. I will go on record saying that I found the newbie female detective very annoying. I haven't really formed any opinions about where I think things are headed, but if I was the head bad guy I would be glad that the idiot son was in jail.

After the first four episodes I was still not sure I would watch this but then 5 and 6 came along and boy what a difference. I will go on record saying that I found the newbie female detective very annoying. I haven't really formed any opinions about where I think things are headed, but if I was the head bad guy I would be glad that the idiot son was in jail.

I feel the same as you I started watching for KiKwangie and kept on thinking of dropping after ep 3 and 4 since to me they were kinda disjointed from 1 and 2.  Now after 5 and 6 I'm 100% on board.  I realized that everything points back to the president (head bad boy), his shady empire and his evil minions.  Totally grooving it now that I feel that its a more cohesive show, b/c the culmination will be great (from my keyboard to writernim's mind).

I also find the female newbie annonying, she's always right and everyone isn't until she is made to see light of day.  Everyone keeps telling her to watch and learn but she chip on her shoulder, something to prove.  I do think that with her backstory we will grow to love her, cuz where else does that attitude come from (but from backstory, hope its not her true personality).

The male backstory is one I look forward to as well future hooking up of mrs cop and mr head of violent crimes and newbie female male characters.

@ibelis,  I don't find her annoying but to straight laced and by the book type and follow the orders she was given she's going to have to learn how to read people understanding the actions of criminal as well being able to tell a real killer from and accused killer.. She's going to learn ho to think outside the box and trust her fellow teammates..    

@ibelis,  I don't find her annoying but to straight laced and by the book type and follow the orders she was given she's going to have to learn how to read people understanding the actions of criminal as well being able to tell a real killer from and accused killer.. She's going to learn ho to think outside the box and trust her fellow teammates..    

good insight cuz i found her annoying too.

good insight cuz i found her annoying too.

@b2stsb2uty,  She's  little stubborn but so is team leader give her  chance she ha to learn just like all beginners do she has to learn to crawl before she walks..  

I was recommend to check out this drama and I just finished watching all 6 eps. One thing I don't like about this drama so far is how the other female cop is portrayed. I see this character as an irrational character who only believes what she thought is right and what she saw. I know she is new to the team and investigating more serious crimes, but come on the things she questions about her teammates are little immature. She tried to do things on her own in ep 5 because she thought her teammates and her partner wasn't good enough and obviously she failed. Even though, there are scenes where she shows some good cop skills, but how she handled both female protesters in ep 1 and ep 5 seemed so not cool. She should have at least showed some pity for them as a woman herself even if she was following the law or whatever she was saying. It was so pathetic to see a male police had to interfere to show some real human act of kindness in ep 5 for the female protester who was about to get beat up by a group of thugs in front of this female cop and she did nothing. Other thing i hated about this character is that she did try to show some pity for a woman (ep 6 last scene and the hospital room scene) but she failed miserably. She's supposedly a smart person right? But she is not showing it. She should have at least asked why he threw the chip/keychain at the murderer, but instead her first question was "is that all you can say?, like where is her cop mind and critical thinking? Plus, she doesn't have the right to tell someone that he/she can't be a cop, specially when she didn't even see the whole picture of the event. I'm sure she will be a good cop at the end of the drama, I just hope this character won't show this stupidity for long. Sorry I just had to rant about this character, I really like the drama though :) .

credit to @valsava 

After all the negative comments, I decided to skip on reading most parts of this thread. I am currently watching this independently, and I like it. I have actually liked it before I started to read the people's comments about it. But I am not blind to disagree that Episodes 1 and 2 were logically absurd, but entertainment-wise gripping. Episodes 5 and 6 sealed the show into high leaps. Yeap. It is so full of action, and not a second wasted. I am usually someone who skips senseless seconds to save minutes of my life combined. But Mrs Cop Episodes 4 until 6 makes it better.

For the ones who say Episodes 1 and 2 are not good, they are right, but only in the sense that the events in 1 and 2 were ILLOGICAL. But the same people who gave that remark also SAY that Episodes 1 and 2 were full of action, content and pace; NOT boring in any way. Thank God for that. NOW the show has found its edge, its logical thinking, its pace and its emotional advantage. I am so excited for tonight. I can't even explain this.

Not only do I like it, I am excited about it weekly.

EPISODE 7 PREVIEW

Awwww, Park Jong-ho (Kim Min-jong) is starting to get concerned over Choi Young-jin (Kim Hee-ae).
My heart be still. He is so concerned, my gosh. My gentle heart cannot handle this.

KHA.jpg

KMJ.jpg

I really love this show. It gives purpose to my Mondays and Tuesdays. 

After all the negative comments, I decided to skip on reading most parts of this thread. I am currently watching this independently, and I like it. I have actually liked it before I started to read the people's comments about it. But I am not blind to disagree that Episodes 1 and 2 were logically absurd, but entertainment-wise gripping. Episodes 5 and 6 sealed the show into high leaps. Yeap. It is so full of action, and not a second wasted. I am usually someone who skips senseless seconds to save minutes of my life combined. But Mrs Cop Episodes 4 until 6 makes it better.

For the ones who say Episodes 1 and 2 are not good, they are right, but only in the sense that the events in 1 and 2 were ILLOGICAL. But the same people who gave that remark also SAY that Episodes 1 and 2 were full of action, content and pace; NOT boring in any way. Thank God for that. NOW the show has found its edge, its logical thinking, its pace and its emotional advantage. I am so excited for tonight. I can't even explain this.

Not only do I like it, I am excited about it weekly.

Awwww, Park Jong-ho (Kim Min-jong) is starting to get concerned over Choi Young-jin (Kim Hee-ae).
My heart be still. He is so concerned, my gosh. My gentle heart cannot handle this.

I really love this show. It gives purpose to my Mondays and Tuesdays. 

@2ndcoming,  I'm also liking this drama given that a few character needs to grow but all in all it's a fun watch for me my Monday & Tuesday line up is looking real good now not that it was bad before just added another drama to my watch.. So for those not digging it oh well to bad but I'm not sad..

That is so true @valsava. But to be honest with you, what keeps me really glued is not the intrigue or the mystery of the cases, but JUST the chemistry of Kim Min-jong and Kim Hee-ae. I dig their chemistry so much that if you give me countless hours of their love story, I will sacrifice sleep and food just to witness it. Their chemistry is so palpable, and Jong-ho's flirting is still on the light level huh. (Light but way bold)

To be honest with you chingu. ;-)

First Impressions

The funny thing about watching this drama is that I've seen most of the actors - glamorized, lol. So seeing them here deglamorized and being less than appealing is kinda surprising and quite different. They no longer have gloss to cover up their acting shortcomings, which strangely has its own kind of appeal. Also, they really try to depict the seedy underbelly of police work in Korea. There is an obvious effort, on the part of the production staff, to show us defined and authentic scenes at police stations there, not to mention the kind of people they usually encounter on a daily basis. Of course, given some cinematic touches here and there, but it's generally gritty and compelling.

The main character, Choi Young Jin is an obviously gifted police detective with an axe to grind. She has great instincts but tends to be too emotionally invested with the victims, sometimes even the perpetrators. She's commendable with her initiative and dedication to the job, but she has been taking her daughter for granted. I teared up when her daughter presented with kleptomania so that she could see her mom. So, CYJ may not receive the mother of the year award, but she tries to spend quality time with her daughter, at least she consciously makes an effort. She did try to quit her job for her daughter, we all know how that went.

A scene that left me bothered though was the one with the burglar's son. Here we have a petty thief, wrongly accused of being a notorious murderer. CYJ naturally felt sorry for him, so she grants him his request, for someone to look into his son's condition while he was in prison. CYJ personally went and checked on the kid. She bathed him, defended him from bullies and eventually fed him pizza, but then she unwittingly brought the kid to work. What's worse, while she was doing police work (yep, even though she formally resigned from the force) she didn't realize that she was exposing the kid to a dangerous situation. Through her negligence, she got that kid killed by the perp she was trying to catch. What??? We eventually saw her maim the perp in a fit of rage, oh she didn't kill him outright, even if she wanted to, because she was cop. So what now? That was supposed to make it all better? Karmic justice served? Hmmm, I don't see how her being demoted to a lowly traffic cop would ever commensurate the gravity of her mistake.

Umm, a word on LDH's character, Min Do Young. She can be exasperating sure, with her goody two shoes, fresh from the police academy sense of entitlement, but she's smart, thorough and diligent. She stands up for what she believes in and she's all about doing everything the proper way. I don't see anything annoying by her actions, it's kinda expected from her. I loved her interaction with the young petty thief. The kid easily cut her down to size and kicked her holier than thou attitude to the curb. Nice. I'd love to see more moments like that involving her character. She might have a loveline with her partner with anger management issues, Han Ji Woo. 

Anyway, there seems to be more to CYJ than what meets the eye, she and the ex-con have a score to settle. There's also this unusual dance she has with Captain Park, we know where that'll go. So, together with her own band of misfits, they're making the newly formed violent crimes team mighty interesting. I now have a new drama to watch for mon & tue, lol. *waves to familiar posters* Hi guys! I hope this drama would turn out well. :) 

I am loving the additional cast to this drama...also mrs. cop the lady is amazing with her ease of vibe.Everyone in this drama has a kind of story of their own which makes it more like a continuous story rather than a one hour mystery solving drama.

Annyeong everyone :) just want to say hello and that I will be parking in here too to enjoy this drama.

Hi @valsava @StaRix @IBELIS @plappi :wub: I see you chingu deul are here too

Waving @alekaonu, How are you and welcome aboard, I hate we can't get subs faster..

Holllaaaa all, it's my first comment in this thread. I decided to watch Mrs.Cop because of Kim Min Jong oppa, but after seeing until ep.7 i love all the cast especially the interaction between Do Young-Jin Woo and Young Jin-Jong Ho. Nice to know it has a good ratings now. Mrs.Cops team fighting! :wub:

It is really amazing how slow this thread is; I haven't seen any other thread this slow and for such a great drama too! This past 4 episodes or so the drama really featured the second leads a lot more than the first leads. Perhaps the early episodes didn't feature those new recruits at all. I love the way Sunbae-Han does things, he is so athletic and fearless it appears there isn't a bad guy who could fight with him. I love the scene where he jumped over the railing of a subway underground access to the stairs below without going around like a normal person. Wow, he is some sort of superhuman. Hoobae Min Do-Young accused Han for being reckless and that he needs anger management. But to me, all I saw was a really cool guy who only got ticked-off when a man or a bunch of men (union) beating up on a woman. Han Jin-Woo was also cool when Min threw alcohol into his face. I think he is a totally great guy and I would like to know more about his back story with his late girlfriend who died in an accident. Episode 2 actually showed he was ready to commit suicide over it. The way he showed concern for Min at the end of Episode 8 indicates he has found a new love. I don't know about the rest of you viewers, Kim Hee Ae still looks plenty beautiful to me even if she has messy hair and supposedly hasn't taken a shower for a while. After Mrs. Cop took off her outerwear to warm up the victim, her sleeveless shirt looked so sexy on her, revealing her slender arms and remarkable figure. I love this drama.

Archived