Guest ororomunroe

22 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Yes yes, count me in on the life jacket too. We can do a bulk purchase here.

My heart ache when he ask Seol, are you sincere too.:tears:

But then I dont blame Seol for being wary of guys, what with the nut case YG scary her, no wonder Jung's advancement towards her was greatly shunned. But why is she less wary of Inho who really is a stranger. Girl got double standards...

count me in too!(i need that life jacket as i cant swim lol)

my heart breaks everytime he asks Seol "what do you think about me?" or "do you really like me?" or "are you really sincere?"

sometimes i have a feeling that Jung just want her approval, but we know it's not as simple as that.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What else can I say, I love this show to death. I'm just worried that it'll spoil things for me for the rest of the year and I'll never be able to watch another rom com again without comparing it to this one. 

I don't hate Jung and I could never hate him because he is, just like the rest of us, a person of contradictions. Although technically he didn't send the texts, he didn't try to stop In-ha from doing it and probably "used" her to deal with some troublesome people. I felt really sad when he was sitting on that bench a little tipsy in a semi-confessional state. He was thought to be a pushover in high school. He hated her at the time, he thought she was just like everyone else. "Please don't think of me as a bad guy." For the first time I think I really felt that he was remorseful. That made the kiss(es) seem almost tragic to me.

Jung is changing... you can see it in the bar when the three guys crashed their date. That nimble mind was at work quick smart when he told those guys to kiss first before he would. He was able to sidestep a potentially embarrassing situation in humorous fashion and managed to tell them off ever so gently.

Oh Young Gun is quite the master manipulator. He is undoubtedly mentally unhinged but he sure played Min Soo like a fiddle. He played Eun Taek too just so he could get sympathy from everyone. Wow, I have to say, the way he's playing everyone is something to behold. And people think that Jung is bad. 

But my favourite scene in the entire episode has to be "Meet-the-parents", mainly because of how clever and funny it was. In-ho banging away disgustedly in the background while Jung gets put through the Spanish Inquisition. Dad is at his menacing worst (surprised that he didn't whip out the shot gun from under the cash register) and Mum probably wants to marry Jung herself now. Nothing impresses a mother more than to watch a potential suitor gobble her food with such gusto. Needless to say Jung was quite impressive. Even Dad was disgusted at how impressive and perfect he was. :D 

The penny really dropped for me in this episodes when I was watching the crazies making in roads. The setting is hyperreal. There is some semblance of reality as we know it but Weirdo University is a microcosm of the larger society and in a society where appearances are a greater virtue than honesty and truth, there's an underbelly of dysfunctionality that is contagious. Physical appearances are everything (as exemplified by Min Soo's turn as Creepy Doppelganger) but giving the appearance that you're a good person is equally important even if inside you feel like screaming at the madness around you. Jung's revelation that he was pushover in high school was pretty telling. Having to act the part and cozy up to the cool kids probably contributed to the development of his dark side. Kiddies like Jung, Oh Young Gun and Min Soo are casualities. Sensitive kids who want to be liked for themselves but for one reason or another are judged mainly for what they can or can't offer in this community know that unless they play the game they will be left in the dust. I don't think we should just blame the system... the system is made up of people who perpetuate it for one reason or another.

In-ho probably had it pretty easy with his talent and his extroversion. He's immature and rude but that has a kind of charm especially because he is musically gifted. He probably got away with a lot as a kid because of the piano. The problem though is that he thought he was bigger than the piano so when his hands were injured, he lost it... mentally. It's interesting that he had to have that conversation with Seol about working hard because it's an entirely new ball game for him. This I think is his real journey, to discover not only patience but that what comes easily can also easily be taken away. Not only does he have to rebuild his muscle memory, he will need to build strength of character. The heartening thing is that he's changing too. He's seeing the need to start from the beginning but also to keep his mouth shut albeit reluctantly.

It was also terrific to see Seol pushing back on some crappy behaviour especially by Sang Chul and get support for it. Unfortunately that inadvertently played into Oh Young Gun's hands. But keep it up, girl, you're on the right track.

Whatever Jung is and whatever he is becoming, I still think he and Seol can become a very good thing together. It's obvious that he really adores her and he has bent over backwards to try and respect her boundaries. She is a great corrective to some of his more socially unacceptable attitudes/behaviour and in that sense he really needs her. Because I believe for the first time in his life, he feels loved and accepted for who he is. Ironic isn't it? I keep seeing comments that she should stay away from him but it's because she can appreciate the good in him despite the darkness that follows him everywhere that he's becoming better. She needs him, believe it or not, because he gives her courage to be herself. He takes care of her in his own "style" which is probably more than what she's felt in a very long time. It makes her happy and boosts her confidence that she is doing all the right things.

It's an odd way to do a romance in a dysfunctional setting but I happen to like it. A LOT. :lol:

Jung you lovable little richard simmons. How you just going to announce you a chabeol heir like it's nothing LMFAO. Dad mom was like ugh runs a company and dad was all ready to look down "well I once ran a company too" then it's like Nah, Taerang Group :o:o:o Sadly he doesn't see how this would be viewed as a burden...he was hilariously blunt and upfront but still charming :D 

*tightens her life jacket and prepares to pump the life raft*

He's so adorable I want to take him home :wub:...he's so gentlemanly and respectful and charming with that smile and thank you (and being rich as f*** don't hurt neither). Look at him. He's happily eating the kimchi and noodles why can't they be like this always:wub:...I see papa bear don't approve. Bet he would want an "ordinary" potential SIL like Inho. Don't worry man you just may get your wish :vicx: Ahhh and that adorable bow while she drags him away:wub:....this is totally the calm before the storm (all these two ever face are storms LOL). That must have been so awkward and uncomfortable for Inho....KGE's neck must hurt..she keeps having to look up up at him LOL. PHJ is tall I never really noticed till he about dwarf's almost everyone in his scenes. I like that the actor who plays Younggon is not too short so he looks more of Jung's equal and not like someone Jung can easily swallow up.  I'm melting. That smooth mother "I didn't forget. I remember everything" :wub::wub: Don't judge me. I know I am a fan of problematic things, Jung let me love you...I wish someone would give me a free college level education. Fighting Inho!! She done lost all her mother given senses. Seol is copying her. Excuse you! who was you before you put on that jank weave (her wig is really dry). No one knew you existed hiding in the shadow of library books always lurking on Seol, she copied you...this stan *smh* Yas bow down to Seol, she's not the same meek "I'll do everything" girl of last semester. My baby :D I cannot with these dumb people...SHE IS SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS!! GET EM JUNG AND YOUNGGON!!! How can people be so easily fooled and played!!! LMFAO, oh she's making it too easy now...awww they're cute *fastens on notch on life jacket LOL*

Oh wow, just finished watching Episode 8 and all's I can say is things got messed up.  FAST.

Now I'm scared for what's to come.  I'm looking forward to next week's episodes while crouched under the bed covers.

I'm still Team Jung though.  He's by no means perfect, and as a result that takes him immediately out of the running for Perfect Drama Hero.  But that's what I actually like about him.  He's human and flawed.  Even if he is still a second generation chaebol.  ;)  But I don't for a second believe that he's as evil as hinted at.  Shades of gray, yes, but as we've seen time and time again, there's always more to the story.  We just haven't been shown it.  And at least when he's excessively violent, it's towards people who deserve to have their bums kicked.  If he worked on that, it wouldn't be so bad . . . which is why he needs Seol!  :)

Oh Young Gon, on the other hand . . . he's a piece of work!  There is clearly something half-baked in that brain of his, and he is causing so much trouble left and right.  It bothers me greatly too that his classmates can't see it.  They also flip flop so easily!  One minute they're berating him for being a pain in Jung's side.  The next they're supporting him against Eun Tak.  (Poor Eun Tak.)  But shouldn't his character have been known already through his other actions?  Ugh, wake up and smell the coffee, people.  Have some independent thought! 

It's because of all the trouble these people keep getting themselves into that I then have to sit here and wish that Jung would step in with his high-handed ways and get the problem resolved.  :P

I hope he can get Seol's little lion back for her.  Min Soo is just so . . . miguided.  And Bora, as much as I love her defensiveness towards Seol, she really didn't help things out in this episode!  If anything, she made things worse.

In conclusion, what a hot mess.  I knew things were going too swimmingly with half the drama remaining.  Looking forward to seeing how things get resolved and as always, I'm fighting for Jung and Seol to stay together!

50 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Calling it now. I think Jung will be the one to dump Seol. He keeps asking for reassurance "You're comfortable right?" "You like me right" "You're genuine with me right?" and I have yet to see her ever answer him/give him the assurance or reassurance that he desires and then she doesn't even trust him....:tears::tears: someone give me a life jacket and raft so I'll be ready when it comes *laughs through her tears*

ETA: If his kisses leave her dazed like that, Seol girl....

I don't think he will ever let her act against her own instincts which is why if things get too hard for her, he will let her go. I think he knows that it's only a matter time before she finds out about all the things he helped "instigate", he's smart like that. :D

It's a really cheesy thing to say when there's so much crazy stuff going on in this show, but I think he just wants someone to love him for him. I really believe it's as simple as that. For a guy who has a mountain of baggage, his needs are very simple. ;)

I will never bail from this ship. ;) But if it sinks, I will re-write the ending in a fic somewhere. :phew:

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

It freaks me because we know that PHJ finished filming ahead. KGE and SKJ are the ones to wrap up the last. Granted Inho is working in Seol's family noodle shop but hmmm, I just hope its just PHJ having to go to China that he wrapped up earlier.:)

1 hour ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

@qwenli that always bothered me in the webtoon and made me wonder if it was foreshadowing of Jung and Seol's ultimately doomed relationship...I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop and him to dump her or her him because of that. I too worried that PHJ finished his filming before the other two. Would the writer really dare? Are the kdrama gods that cruel to me? Will I still even be for them as we draw closer to the E N D? we'll see...

I really hope that does not indicate that the end story will have Seol-Inho as a couple :'( but I remember at an interview during CiTT press conference, PHJ said 

"When we began filming, we had issues with the weather so principle filming didn't start with the first episode. We filmed the episodes in reverse order. Since we were shooting parts early on that were supposed to happen later on in the story, the director said due to everyone not really knowing one another, we gave off an awkward yet youthful vibe. But as we progressed with the filming, [Kim Go Eun and I] must give off the feeling that we just met but because we became more comfortable with each other, she said we seemed more like old lovers."

It is said that the scene filming is in reverse order so it might be that the ending scene for Jung-Seol already taken before the last scene of Seol with Inho. Hopefully Jung-Seol will make till the end. My heart cant bear another heartbreak after you-know-what drama :"(

Sucks, another Mon-Tues is over...! 

Thankfully, we don't need to file petition or sue them for cheating us with that kiss...! Finally...! It was just at a perfect length...not too short, not too long...! 

I am afraid of what will happened next week though...! If they'll have misunderstanding, i hope it won't go over that week...knowing TvN, they normally don't...but i really hope they'll do the same as their other drama here.

Min Soo creeps me out...but seeing Yung sees her, i know Seol will be protected. I just hope Seol sees him through...just as much as he sees her through too..!

looking foward on tons of bts pix and vids here...! 

So long chinggus...!  

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's a really cheesy thing to say when there's so much crazy stuff going on in this show, but I think he just wants someone to love him for him. I really believe it's as simple as that. For a guy who has a mountain of baggage, his needs are very simple. ;)

I will never bail from this ship. ;) But if it sinks, I will re-write the ending in a fic somewhere. :phew:

I'm highlighting your post to express how much I agree with it.  And in the same vein, I think Jung's not one to explain himself because he doesn't feel the need to do so.  He believes that if people were really by his side, they'd simply trust him. 

While there is some truth to what he believes, communication is also an essential element in relationships which is where Seol comes in.  She gets him to open up.

But if that ship does sink, I hope you will re-write the ending, and let me know where I can read it.  Because I won't accept any ending that doesn't result in Jung and Seol.  ;)

i forgot my greetings when posting earlier hehe

hi all lovely people! i'm always just a reader but somehow i decided to break that today. my first post went into this thread! it shows how this drama has turned my life upside down lol

@Ahpheng hahaha i laughed out loud at the caption "we just start kissing, and you think abt marriage? should i worry?" i can definitely imagine Jung saying that :)

bb4.jpg

news 1 - Naver: 'Cheese in the Trap', Park Hae Jin ♥Kim Go Eun, second kiss is sweeter 

1. [+3,633, -30] My heart fluttered more ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+2,511, -30] Two kiss scenes in one day? What will happen to my heart if you keep doing this?

3. [+2,082, -19] The second kiss is totally sweet ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

4. [+1,570, -16] Shout it out~~~ ^0^

5. [+1,227, -18] Ah... this scene...

6. [+705, -7] Yoo Jung looked so sexy at the bar when he said it's noisy and inched his head closer to Seol's neck

7. [+665, -10] Dating Yoo Jung and a 'some' with Baek Inho????? How fun...I'm so jealous of this girl

Spoiler

Naver
1. [+824, -15] Today's episode is dangerous to your health. The kiss scenes will make your heart stop while the annoying Oh Young Gon and Son Min Soo will likely give you cancer

2. [+712, -10] Oh Young Gon, Son Min Soo, Sang Cheol and the girl with the poop bun - Tie these 4 up and throw them out in space. I seriously wanna punch them so bad. Stop bothering Seol and Yoo Jung sunbae, you cancervangers

3. [+445, -10] It used to be just a webtoon that I read diligently but with the drama, I completely fell is love ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+379, -9] Thank you for 2 kiss scenes in one day

Nate
1. [+857, -11] This drama is... so harmful to the heart....

2. [+658, -13] So much sweetness in this episode but what if there's none of it next week. Ah Oh Young Gon, you bastard

3. [+550, -24] I almost got cancer while the cancer characters were sitting on the benches ㅂㄷㅂㄷ

4. [+65, -4] The actor who plays Oh Young Gon is cunningly good at acting. I really wanna punch him

5. [+62, -1] No thriller Yoo Jung today but just romantic Yoo Jung ㅎㅎㅎ Son Min Soo is in big trouble

6. [+55, -2] I'm so sure that Kim Go Eun saved the nation in her past life.

cr: kkuljaem

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Cheese in the Trap" Episode 8

photo679263.jpg

Min-soo (played by Yon Ji-won) used to be an apparently irrelevant background character in Seol's class, but she became more noteworthy last episode by taking the somewhat creepy step of trying to perfectly mimic Seol's personal appearance. This episode expands greatly on Min-soo's motivation. She's lonely, she wants friends, doesn't know how to get them, but Seol seems to be nice and she also has positive personality traits. Who does this remind you of?

[HANCINEMA EPISODE 8 REVIEW]

Cheese in the Trap: Episode 8

by girlfriday | January 26, 2016 | No Comments
The more I watch this drama, the more I like the characters, and the more confused and turned around I get because I like them. It’s a weird experience to wonder if it’s safe to like your drama hero, but that’s just the strange mix of romance laced with danger and intrigue that Cheese in the Trap brings to the table. Though the drama is slice-of-life, today’s episode stretches the limits of realism a bit, because I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t remember college having this many stalkers and other potentially unhinged folks just milling about. Or maybe times have changed?

Hi , I've got a VERY IMPORTANT question to ask all of you and i hope one of you can respond to my question:D (This is the second forum I've joined since Master's Sun 2010, CITT made me to join this forum once again:lol:)

Why Yoo Jung said to the stalker he and Seol is alike? Maybe that is why he fall in love with Seol because they got some similarities BUT I cannot find any SIMILARITIES between them, IN FACT both of them are two totally opposites person, you know kind of perfect and complement for each other. So can someone explain this issue to me.

Looking forward for replies:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thank you:blush:

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Whatever Jung is and whatever he is becoming, I still think he and Seol can become a very good thing together. It's obvious that he really adores her and he has bent over backwards to try and respect her boundaries. She is a great corrective to some of his more socially unacceptable attitudes/behaviour and in that sense he really needs her. Because I believe for the first time in his life, he feels loved and accepted for who he is. Ironic isn't it? I keep seeing comments that she should stay away from him but it's because she can appreciate the good in him despite the darkness that follows him everywhere that he's becoming better. She needs him, believe it or not, because he gives her courage to be herself. He takes care of her in his own "style" which is probably more than what she's felt in a very long time. It makes her happy and boosts her confidence that she is doing all the right things.

It's an odd way to do a romance in a dysfunctional setting but I happen to like it. A LOT. :lol:

Sorry to cut your post I agree with everything, especially the beautiful analysis of Inho and the journey he has fully begun this episode and obviously the above. That is why I ship them. They need each other. She is as good for him as he is for her and while the same can be said for Inho and it would be so easy for me to ship them, they just don't have that thing. Oh they are fun and playful. She laughs around him and they bicker well enough, but they don't have that deeper things that I feel she has with Jung. It may sound corny as hell, but her and Jung just...see each other. They have these candid talks where little by little be it with a touch, a look, a smile, or words; they share things with one another they don't so easily readily share with others. I felt like episode 6 bedroom conversation was her revealing to him and him silently revealing to the audience. Now with episode 8 he in those few minutes on the bench reveals so much to her and she heard it. The way she looked at him with some kind of sadness and understanding at his high school confession :wub: He's not lying when he says she's like him and she understands him, at the same time she is so different. I just really enjoy watching them build and construct a relationship that keeps overcoming a lot but mostly each other and a not so smooth starting and past. But happiness looks so good on Seol and I can't help but feel that, that and the value and love of being loike has boosted her confidence and made her able to stand up to San Chul. Seol said something about how it felt good to have someone she can rely on. He makes her more able and happy and so long as they keep that up, well staying where I am now :D 

*keeps pumping air into her life raft* They do got a lot they still need to work on and more to still come....their lives are telenovas

9 minutes ago, bjvipb2uty said:

Seol's university's motto should be the Chesire Cat's infamous line:

"Everyone here is mad."

Heck, they are!

Except eun taek n bora. lol

@choadilathey are similar in that they are hardworking and earnest in what they do. They mind their own business n dont get involve in other classmates way.

24 minutes ago, choadila said:

Why Yoo Jung said to the stalker he and Seol is alike? Maybe that is why he fall in love with Seol because they got some similarities BUT I cannot find any SIMILARITIES between them, IN FACT both of them are two totally opposites person, you know kind of perfect and complement for each other. So can someone explain this issue to me.

It was explained in one of the earlier episodes, Seol first came to his attention when he and another classmate were walking past Seol and her study group.  The classmate commented on how Seol would end up doing all the work, which was not unlike Jung.  From then, Jung believed that he and Seol were similar, but of course as we've learned they're really not.  That's okay though.  What matters is how well they complement each other.  :)

ETA: It was in Episode 3.  http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/cheese-in-the-trap-episode-3/

SKJ will be leaving for LOTJ end of this month, good luck to him.:) I'm still having withdrawal syndrome frm Cheese coz I can't focus on my other dramas catch-up, why do I keep coming here n rewatching some interesting scenes frm ep7&8. Seol seems to attract all the crazy ppl around her n they always have to go to extremes when Seol only wants a peaceful college life n dating. But what to do when ur bf is the hottest guy in campus, have smthg to do with some ppl who torment Seol, friendly to others(on the surface) n rich too. Luckily Jung is always watching over her n see what she can do herself while having a hand in the outcome. They thought they are of the same kind but slowly realize the differences which can be good too for a growing r/ship. 

From dramabeans "I guess I'll just brace for impact and hope that their-second first kiss won't be their last" All of us are wear life vests and preparing to jump into the life raft if need be. Why you like this Jung, if only you could be the lead the makes it easy, Nah, we wouldn't like you if you were...

LOL to the comment that KGE must have saved a nation in her past life. 

She has a great group of friends who will look out for her. Hopefully YJ and Seol will work things out. In any relationship, it is not always sunshine and roses. Expect some rain [and in this drama, literally lots of rain!!]

Archived