Quantcast
cherkell

Ji Chang Wook (지창욱) - Actor/Musical Actor (Upcoming tvN Drama: "Melting Me Softly" - October 2019 Premiere)

On 4/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, Mai Stars said:

Edit after 2 hours:  I've been to his many IG'ers fans' sites and have been overdosing on the many wonderful pictures and videos.  Like those videos posted above show, he is unscripted and make-up free and just GLEAMS with a genuineness that seems frightening in this day and age of anger, clannishness, and boorishness.  If anything, I am more overwhelmed now than I was when I stumbled on this treasure two+ years ago.  Sometimes life is just too good.

You could tell he was very nervous meeting the press, though.  That was highly unexpected (Mod: Inappropriate sentence deleted.).  Some of the closeups showed Our Boy needed a better shave.  Must have been way too happy to concentrate that morning!  :lol:

I think I need to revise the forum title now, no?  *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY*

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 4:30 AM, cherkell said:

You could tell he was very nervous meeting the press, though.  That was highly unexpected (and I wish evil death on a few of those reporters bugging him with inappropriate questions).  Some of the closeups showed Our Boy needed a better shave.  Must have been way too happy to concentrate that morning!

Funny thing about seeing those first videos, at least for those of us who depend on the goodwill of you wonderful translators, was that I had no idea what was being said by him or to him, but that nervousness was apparent. 

I chalked it up to his relief (and maybe giddiness?) at finally being out of the Army and back to real life.  But then he launched into what was obviously a prepared little discharge speech and made that first little blunder, which he gracefully recovered from, so my use of the phrase "unscripted" was a little tongue-in-cheek.  I didn't have a clue that the press was playing Gotcha! until a day or so later when translations began to appear.  Then "unscripted" took on a whole new meaning.  (Mod: Inappropriate sentence deleted.)

It was HIS day.  It was a rite of passage that could have been better protected and honored; his fans were there to do just that, to commemorate it properly and they succeeded!   Yeah, I get really solemn and serious about things like this, maybe because I come from military family.  Somehow the press has gotten the idea that it is standard practice to try to make news by just embarrassing someone; somehow that constitutes REAL news. /sarc   

Then on a lighter note:  Add to that being make-up free, in the brightest of sunlight, and even needing a better shave, proves that Ji Chang Wook is honestly attractive even in the most trying of circumstances, and not just physically.  Mind blown 10 times over.......Welcome back and thank you for your service.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:30 AM, cherkell said:

I think I need to revise the forum title now, no?  *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY*

YUP! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

Now I join you in wishing evil death on the mediocrities in the press who can manage to screw up even the most innocent of events. 

It was HIS day.  It was a rite of passage that could have been better protected and honored; his fans were there to do just that, to commemorate it properly and they succeeded!   Yeah, I get really solemn and serious about things like this, maybe because I come from military family.  Somehow the press has gotten the idea that it is standard practice to try to make news by just embarrassing someone; somehow that constitutes REAL news. /sarc   

You can count me among you for this wish ...:ph34r:
I'm sorry to cut your text but that's exactly my feeling!
I'm a fan of Wookie and I was happy to celebrate his day!
I thought I was the only one to become angry and frustrated with these misplaced questions ...:vicx:
To believe that JCW is not even a single person who represents himself, who has his own fans and certainly doesn't need someone for his fans be interested by him and his work .
This situation become really penible...:angry:

Anyway, Can I add that this nervousness so visible made him even more cute? :D:D:D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vladlola06 said:

Join in for this wish, by all means. :thumbsup:  And don't be sorry for cutting the text......Soompi is good for editing what is important for you to respond to.  

12 minutes ago, vladlola06 said:

I thought I was the only one to become angry and frustrated with these misplaced questions ...:vicx:
To believe that JCW is not even a single person who represents himself, who has his own fans and certainly doesn't need someone for his fans be interested by him and his work .

Well said, @vladlola06, very well said, indeed.  Thank you.

16 minutes ago, vladlola06 said:

Anyway, Can I add that this nervousness so visible made him even more cute? :D:D:D

Amen, sister!! Amen.

• Love 1

Thanks for the news @cherkell  in a Romcom ? I want to say: Finally !!!! 

I'm impatient now! :)
On another note, I would really like to see JCW in a heavy melo someday ("Secret" style melo for example), I'm really curious to see that.:)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vladlola06 said:

I also come from a military family, and found that unacceptable as well.  You should have heard the actual groans from the assembled fans when that reporter kept pushing for an answer that would have personally satisfied her misplaced agenda.  They weren't doing their jobs; they were harassing poor Wook.  I've asked a few of my Korean friends what their thoughts were, and they all agreed that it was unacceptable -- neither the time nor place for muck-raking.  *grrrrrr* :angry:

At least we now have a new project to turn our attention towards, and what a project to come back with!  Bring on The Melting! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@cherkell 

Anyway, I still don't understand why this question in the middle of the moment of the discharge of the army of JCW? ...
it was inappropriate and I think that above all, many fans don't care at all (which is my case)

In addition, the boy was in a moment of exhilaration and intense joy, taking him back this way is just disrespectful.

Public life is the public life, the private life and the fantasies of the fans, it's something else!

Excuse me this small difference of subject but I had the same problem with an actress that I like very much (PBY) after the diffusion of SWDBS, the difference is that PBY had the reflex to denied everything to avoid that the media doesn't continue insinuations, otherwise it would never have been silent.

In the case of JCW it's even more irritating if you have not really joined the pair in SP (which is also my case lol!) :ph34r:

Anyway, I mean I'm interested in JCW's future work and projects, but the rest doesn't interest me, I want to keep that mystery part that when I'm going to see it in a film, a drama or whatever, it will carry me in his character and I will believe it.

I like to see him play, sing, interact with his fans or whatever, but it stops there!

Otherwise, I have a question? do you think a topic will be created soon for his new drama? thank you ^^

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, vladlola06 said:

Otherwise, I have a question? do you think a topic will be created soon for his new drama? thank you ^^

I think one was started earlier today.  Hopefully this will get fleshed out better per the Soompi Rules:

I gave up on being the semi-unofficial JCW Drama Thread Starter once we started up The Kitchen.  It's just not worth the hassle and headaches anymore. <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/30/2019 at 5:39 AM, vladlola06 said:

Count me in too!!! 

I was FURIOUS when I learned That they manage to ask those inapporiate Question. 

But why only that person name being asked???? why is so bias..

It is his day and I pity the fans who came that day to listen to that SO INAPPROPRIATE QUESTION.

We need to know more about his army experience not who visited him. 

I HATE THE ONE WHO ASKED. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cherkell said:

I think one was started earlier today.  Hopefully this will get fleshed out better per the Soompi Rules:

I gave up on being the semi-unofficial JCW Drama Thread Starter once we started up The Kitchen.  It's just not worth the hassle and headaches anymore. <_<

Please fell free to talk about the drama in the thread. ☺☺☺

I created it first before any shipper started it. I want to reduce the headaches. 

I want a platform where we can discuss about his WORK  and nothing else. 

Peace. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Please fell free to talk about the drama in the thread. ☺☺☺

I created it first before any shipper started it. I want to reduce the headaches. 

I want a platform where we can discuss about his WORK  and nothing else. 

Peace. 

Hiya Tash!  I'm glad someone else could pick up the process, because starting up and monitoring a thread is just beyond my bandwidth at this stage of life.  Thank you for taking on such a monumental task.  Regardless, I can't wait for the new show to start -- let the squeeeeeeeeing begin!  :wub:

• Like 2