[Drama 2015] Love on a Rooftop (Love From Today) 오늘부터 사랑해 Thanks For Watching

valsava

Just started watching this drama. Rather interesting. I am at episode 5 and this is what I have gathered from it. 
Yang Yun Hui/Yang Mi Ja (MJ).  She is the mother of the male lead, Kang Do Jin (DJ). She owns a restaurant and is rather well off. In the 1st episode, she was checking on the financial standings of Seung Hye's (SH, female lead) family. She has a dark past. When she was younger, she and her mother (who was working as a maid) was kicked out of Yoon's household (SH's family) by the halmoni, the patriarch of the family. The halmoni accused her of seducing her son, Yoon Dae Ho (DH, SH's father). She vowed to destroy that household. She has very high hopes on her only son, DJ who is in US as a doctor. DJ is due to come back in a few months and she is making connections for him in Korea to be a professor in a hospital. To start her revenge, she had bought over DH's shop (anonymously) and wanted to double the rental deposit. 
Yoon Dae Ho (DH)SH's father. He owns an antique shop. Not a good businessman. His business is not making money and is having a hard time even to keep up the rental of the shop. He is currently worrying about how to raise the money for the increase in rental deposit. His wife is Han Dong Sub (HDS), a housewife. He has 3 children, Seung Hye (SH), Seung Jae (SJ, still studying) and Seung Ah (still studying but aspiring to be an actress). 
The Halmoni (Kim Sun Im). Patriarch of the Yoon family. She is a famous traditional tea maker. A lot of reputable enterprise hovers around her but she is also a very eccentric lady and rejected all their invitations. She refuses to deal with traditional tea houses which sell both tea and coffee. As such, she didn't earn a lot. She still looks down on MJ. 
Yoon Seung Hye (SH)Main female lead. A very caring nurse. She has a bad encounter with DJ. She accidentally took his phone when they had a collision in the hospital. DJ had accused her of being a thief and she accused DJ as a stalker through many of their accidental meetings. She was dismissed from her job as a nurse due to being framed by Jang Se Young (SY). SH has been supporting the family financially but was not the halmoni's favourite. She further incurred Halmoni's wrath with her liking for coffee.
Jang Se Young(SY)Daughter of Jang Bum Seok. Currently no boy friend and had asked DJ to fake as her boyfriend to please her father. She did not like SH because her father favoured SH who is her father's nurse while he was doing his examination in the hospital. While trying to change his clothes, her father had accidentally increased the rate of the drips and he nearly died. SY accused SH of being careless and had caused his father's sufferings.. She slapped SH in anger in the public. DJ witnessed the scene. Even though her father told her it was not SH's fault, she wrote to the hospital highlighting SH misdeed which caused her to be fired. 
Jang Bum Seok (BS, Chairman Jang)Father of SY. A rich man who owns a catering company. His brother owns the hospital where SH works. He is trying to scout DJ (not knowing DJ's mother does not know it) to do his project. MJ has been requesting Chairman Jang for a favour to speak to his brother to employ DJ as a professor in the hospital. Chairman Jang is very proud of SY and loves her a lot. 
Kang Do Jin (DJ)Male lead. A doctor by training but has not interest in it. He is only interested to be a pastry chef and has been experimenting different kind of dessert. He lied to MJ he is in US but in actual fact has returned earlier to Korea hopping to get into Chairman's Jang company as a pastry chef. He has started to like SH through the many encounters with her. 
Yoon Seung Ah (SA)SH's youngest sister. Very spoilt and has the backing of Halmoni. She has a burned scar at her back caused by SH when they are younger. She blamed SH for the scar and her chances of becoming a model and an actress. She often bullies SH and told Halmoni about SH drinking coffee which further increase Halmoni's dislike of SH. 
Yoon Dae Shil (YDS)SH's auntie and DH's sister. A spinster and an unsuccessful writer. She often helps out SH. 
Han Sun Sook (SS)SH's mother's sister. A divorcee with a son. She is divorced from Byeong Joon Bae (JB) who owns a fried chicken shop. Even though divorced, SS and JB still meet each other and quarrels all the time

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching yet and interesting. Later surely it will be parent-objection, misunderstandings, etc... It's good sign, that now just DJ has a bit romantic feelings and SH has a crush on other person. I can't wait for his jealousy:D:D:D If they were together very soon, the story would be dragged. So it's promising. Slowly, but surely:)I'm curious that they will work together later and how? Nurse/doctor in the hospital or pastry chef/barista in new business?:D From Monday we can see with subtitle (just 4 day) finally...

SH is adopted. I think DJ is DH's son (SH's father). If DJ decides to marry SH later in the episodes, MJ will object and reveal the secret that DJ and SH are brother and sister. SH's family might want to hide SH birth secret so there will be a period where SH and DJ will be separated thinking they are brother and sister. 
MJ definitely has SY in mind as a daughter-in-law. SY on the other hand has a one sided obsession for DJ. So, DJ will be under pressure to marry SY which he won't as he as no interest in her. 
I was hoping that Chairman Jang and SH's spinster auntie can meet and fall in love. Someone needs to straightened out SY. 

@Misstwilightfan1416, Seung Jae is Seung Hye's (SH) brother, a law student. He is younger than SH but older than Seung Ah (SA).
Then attention for SH by the 2 hot guys is heating up. Jeong Yun Ho is a very famous barista who just returned from overseas. He is SH's idol. On the other hand, there is a misunderstanding between SH and DJ. So SH impression of DJ is not very good. Tomorrow's episode should be interesting. 
SH's father (DH) is not a business savvy. I think he would try mortgage the family house to pay for the increase in security deposit for the shop. His shop is not making money (it is a losing business) and it is would make better sense to shut it down. He is falling into MJ's trap who aims to take over the house and kick them out. 
DJ is definitely DH's son. When the younger MJ was kicked out of the Yoon's household, she has symptoms of pregnancy.  
By the way, the 2nd female lead character is 장세령. So it should be SR instead of SY. My apologies. 

OK everyone I'm marathoning the first 10 episode and I'm liking this drama in ep 1 dad looks like life has been suck out of him no wonder the business is doing bad he's sucking the life out of the business.. 
What I want to know which one of those sister is the one that work at the hospital real sister and that young trouble maker Halmoni honory but keeps protecting will cause her a huge problem when she told her to get out she should have left I would lay it on the line for the evil witch to know just what type of monster that little girl is..  It's a shame out of all those kids she's the only one that's working even the young Aunt seems not to have a job outside the house and the young one thinks she's going to live off her looks..  Yes see how long can she ride high on the hog with her looks because if Halmoni get's sick and keep speak up for her anymore her world will crush..   
So that evil girl got her fired behind something her father did himself and she knew it.. Well her karma is coming just like she lost her job that was important to her she's going to loose the man she want because he's important to her don't just love Murphy's Law.. What's go around comes around..  

Now all caught up on 10 episode I don't why this lady is mad at Halmoni for something she knew better not to do I like to think that young girl Halmoni always favoring is her daughter but I guess that's to much like wishful thinking it sure will a great payback to Halmoni but Halmoni didn't have a thing to do with her mom standing in thew middle of the streets like that and getting hit by that truck..
Well I'm wondering will she really tell the president that his daughter lied and got her fired or still take the 5th..    

@valsava, Halmoni is favouring the second grand daughter (SA) mainly because she is the real grand daughter whereas SH is adopted. Moreover, SH has a love for coffee which is makes Halmoni even more angry with her because she (Halmoni) is a famous traditional tea maker and drinking coffee is a big no to her. 
MJ (DJ's mother) hated halmoni because she (halmoni) has kicked them out of the house despite her mother pleading her to let them stay. MJ's mother had wanted to live and die in the Yoon's household. That was her last and only wish. That was the reason MJ schemed to acquire the Yoon's house because of her mother. She vowed to her mother that she will bring her back to the house. (I would think perhaps she wanted to hold the memorial rites for her mother at the house so that her mother can finally rest in peace).

Park Jin Woo is a hottie & that alone is reason enough to keep watchin' this Drama  :P /:) Though why is it in almost every K-Drama, the characters coming home from abroad are mostly from the US? That lady who plays the Grandma is goin' to be a P I L L I just know it LoL >:PAnd as per usual what're K-Dramas without secrets & revenge 8-| ;)

@ni8tingayle_4f78, you are right. What is k-drama without secrets ?  In other forum, they are speculating that since both SH and Chairman Jang's has the gift of tasting the  coffee (since only both of them could identify YH unique blend of coffee), SH could be Chairman Jang's long lost daughter. We shall see about that. 

Archived