[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

@seungshinl;.. Thank you for translating the comments in the JTBC Facebook item posted by @saljoo  (& maybe by others now, too) on p.123.  

But I have copied down the Facebook site of JTBC for future enjoyment!  Has anyone yet checked out that Facebook site?  I do give my thanks to the Tv cable company for the kind gesture to us who know no Korean!  Sincerely, I do!  BUT if you click on the clear 'TRANSLATE" link you will enjoy Bing's best efforts --- funnier to me than my "Google Translate"  sentences.  And with the help of Bing,  Ju Jin Mo promises:

"I  won't cry without snapping the necks and the emotions of the subject".       :w00t:     ROTFL & LOL

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the discussion is heating up. So happy to see more peeps joining in. A big welcome to all - @shirley @greenwood96 @shamrockmom @docster6 @all. And @salijoo happy to see you back :)  

Just think guy's marriage vowels says for better or worst sickness and in health for rich or for poor.. In ED case none of this applies because her marriage was build on deception from the beginning.. All I hear everyone saying how nice JH is supposed to be and have been I find nothing nice about him at all.. In this situation I don't know how I would react but the rage will be screaming to come out of me but I would never have anything to do with the people that feed me that BS all those years just to better they lives..     

@valsava High five there, buddy :w00t: 

Yes, I too can't help wondering why all the talk of Jae Ho being a nice man, a good father, a loving husband, and so on. For the deception he has done, whether it originated from his scheme or adoptive dad Seo, just for him to live that lie for the past ten years, without any regard for Eun Dong's feelings, and even Ra Il's feelings, is simply despicable. How can that be called husbandly love? fatherly love?

I believe some of us are looking at his disability and hence the sympathy, or giving him some slack. To me, able-bodied or otherwise, it still leaves a bad bad taste in my mouth. But what? Writernim will give him a miraculous recovery? While that is good for viewers to kinda justify Eun Dong leaving him for Eun Ho, I really don't find that as appropriate for Jae Ho - deceive and be blessed?

For that same matter, there's no need for any justification for Eun Dong to leave Jae Ho. She has suffered enough and been deceived big time. Period. Whether she reunites with Eun Ho or not, that's another issue. Whether Jae Ho feels remorseful later and apologizes for his deception, that's also another issue.

The biggest issue hereafter is - How can Eun Dong, Eun Ho and Ra Il ever recover from a decade-long deception like this? Can one recover?

Just three words say it all: Deceptive. Despicable. Dishonorable. 

PS: I'm sorry but I'm mad as hxll at Jae Ho and breaking for Eun Dong so badly :tears:

@jadecloud,  I still feel no sympathy for him because of the accident he caused and he has all all the advantage to his disavantages.. ED and son are the real victims in all this and JH still being deceptive look he even told the therapist lady not to tell that he can somewhat move his legs a little on his on.. Which makes me think he will walk before it's over but hide it from ED while doing things to EH behind her back I don't trust him period..     

i read all the opinion shared about this drama  MLED are all interesting ..... about all the characters especially the husband of ED and the son.... thank you for sharing all the insight about the drama.. i learned something and i become more excited for what will happened for the next episodes...

But its long waiting for the episode7 friday is long to wait... whahahaha...:D.... but like EH i will wait until the next episode will be seen ....for this drama my motto is 'PATIENCE IS WAITING"......

as i quote " the longer you wait, for something , the more

you'll appreciate it when, you get it cause anything

worth having, is definitely WORTH WAITING'

and that's the DRAMA ..."MY LOVE EUN DONG"......:wub:

@mdj101 Hello chingu.  Good questions all.

I like your inquisitive mind. First, thank you for that earnest research on singer Han Hee Jun and the late Admiral Yi Sun Sin, whom, regretfully I haven't heard or known of his greatness before ^___^. I'm not much of a historical or saguek fan but some are must-watches for me. These "IMMORTAL ADMIRAL YI SUN SIN"  (KBS1, 2004-2005) and "JEJUNGWON",(2010-SBS), being two of them, if the online vids are still available. Hopefully. Thank you for sharing. 

Yours questions...We don't yet have all the answers thus far. Or not that I know of. I'll fill in the blanks where I can... MLEers/anyone, please feel free to add on or correct any inaccuracy or omission...

My List of Random Questions:

1.      Why does a middle age couple adopt a pretty 13 year old orphan girl?  

We've not been shown the reason yet. I think. The conjecture so far is Mr Seo sees an opportunity to reel in Jae Ho as a SIL as well as his help to become a baseball coach in the league.

2.      Tell me about Eun Dong's  family, besides her maternal Grandma.

The family that I know of is the current 'sham' marriage with Jae Ho and the 10-yo son suspected to be Eun Ho's son.

3.      Give the dates and the reasons for the family's stay in the States.  How was it financed?

This was not shown yet. All we hear about is Jae Ho 'lying' to Jeong Eun about how he met her during an away game in USA while they were of high school age. 

4.      What's with that rich woman, RA?  Employed?  &  What's her "hold" over EH's  CEO/"friend" and EH's  film career?

Seo Ryeong is a rich and powerful woman. Just as her character description has stated. She's heir to Young Sun Group, and currently the Head of Planning Dept in Young Sun Hotel. Her hold over EH's CEO pal Hyeon Bal is monetary, having bailed him out before. Plus her intention to create an entertainment company and investing in Eun Ho's projects, in effect monitoring Eun Ho's every move. I guess that means more money going into the pockets of Hyeon Bal.

5.      Exactly what part did Husband Choi play in the deception?  When did he find out about it?

We haven't been shown a flashback of how the deception began. But it's safe to assume it all happened right after the accident where Jae Ho ran the red light. The part, a big one, Jae Ho played was going forward with the marriage and claiming fatherhood of Ra Il. I assume 'your find out' refers to 20s Eun Dong and 20s Hyeon Soo/Eun Ho's relationship? We don't know yet. But speculation has been Jae Ho knew back then that Eun Dong wasn't interested in him, that Eun Dong was coerced to 'date' him by adoptive dad Seo, that Jae Ho knew Eun Dong was going out with Hyeon Soo/Eun Ho and about to break up with Jae Ho. 

6.      "Show me the Money!"  The years  20oo to 2005 were not the "Dark Ages" in Korea.  Let's talk Insurance here!   And Husband Choi had a future MLB career worth  lots of $$$$, remember? 

I'm dying to find out too.

7.      Choi and the child ---  How do I know what is real between them? ----  Dad can only move one arm. Yet he takes time with the child's lessons and he sends his wife to check on the boy in school because he notices he seems quite "melancholy", something's "not right".  The child  insists on staying with dad in the hospital bed and refuses to go home without him.  I observe that their relationship  seems loving and real.  I only know what I can observe between them.  They seem at ease with each other.        

Exactly. Ra Il is in the dark since he was a baby. Naturally, having spent a decade with Jae Ho, and knowing him as 'dad', how could Ra Il not like and love Jae Ho? He is the only dad he has known since birth. I feel that Jae Ho is looking at Ra Il's melancholy, while true, is also through his own 'somewhat-remorseful-somewhat-guilty' eyes at the state of the 'family and how it came to be'.

As viewer of the drama, we have special knowledge that all is not as it appears with these characters.  But so far, we have been given only a variety of odd pieces of the puzzle and can only  GUESS  and make ASSUMPTIONS about what has occurred.  And information will be revealed randomly and slowly over 10 more episodes!    :(

How many times will the Writer throw us off the scent during those hours?  She will play a "cat and mouse" game with us until the very end. And I like it already!    B)

Exactly. No matter how many times writernim will throw us off track, the more the merrier actually, I'm game to sit it through and enjoy this wonderful, intense, melo and interesting romantic drama with all of you .

MLEers, esp the ones who just joined this thread....Not sure if you've seen the various drama related material from JTBC...pardon any inaccuracies/errors...these are material re-translated from baidu's translation. Hope these can give a good foundation of MLE and hence add to your enjoyment of it :) 

MLE_sypnopsis.jpg

MLE_plot.jpg

MLE_char_JEH.jpg

MLE_char_JSR.jpg

MLE_char_JSR.jpg

MLE_char_CJH.jpg

MLE_rshipchart1995to2015.jpg

@mdj101 wrote:

2.  Tell me about Eun Dong's  family, besides her maternal Grandma.

Heh, you sound like me, with my lists of questions! 

I think I remember the Grandma calling Eun Dong's mom a "word that rhymes with Witch" in the first episode, and saying ED took after her father's personality. Pretty interesting if the Grandma was the maternal grandmother--calling her own daughter by that name!  Seems she liked Eun Dong's daddy better than her daughter!  But that was all that was mentioned.

Not sure if her bio parents were already dead or simply AWOL. If they were dead, it makes sense that ED had to go to an orphanage. Maybe they were alive, but couldn't be located, or they couldn't take her in. It happens. If the bio parents aren't dead, I wonder if the writer could potentially throw that wrench in the story and bring either one or both of them back to crank up the angst factor. Just a random thought--and please correct me if I missed some established detail.  

Guest Zaisy01

I don't really write on forums but I just had to pour out my feelings for this drama.  

I was hesitant to watch this drama at first because after KMHM ended no other drama was holding my interest.  But now I can't explain how engrossed I am in this drama.  It's absolutely captivating. :wub: When I watched the first episode I was a bit unsure how they were going to play out the teenage years, but the writer wrote it perfectly.  Then it went to the 20's and there was a 'push and pull' for awhile but it was understandable.  She can't just jump into a relationship with him when they just met again after so long.  I wondered how are they going to be separated this time and what was up with her family? At first I thought her adopted father was abusing her however that wasn't the case and I was relieved. :sweatingbullets: After the accident I was just hoping she doesn't die, I mean how tragic would that be?! :(  I loved how he waited for her in the spot even though hours passed, it was like he didn't want to admit that she was gone again and then finally reality hit later on (I did that once, although it was a whole different situation.^_^) And fast forward to their 30's and OMG she doesn't remember AND she's married? I freaked out. Hyun Soo is still looking for her and is immensely in love with her and she doesn't even remember him. I knew there was going to be angst coming and I loved it.  I'm a sucker for a good emotional storyline :lol:. And let me just tell you I was crying when he saw her fully for the first time and when they first officially meet in the restaurant. :tears: By the way, that restaurant scene was such perfection, I have watched it 10 times.  My family thinks I'm going crazy or something. The way Hyun Soo looks at her makes me want to fangirl all over again. Also, I think that when that the child might not be hers. But I can't predict anything in this drama.  Can't wait till Friday for the new episode. I'm totally obsessed.        

I still cannot watch the drama in whole yet because I am still waiting to watch it with my daughter. But I watched Episode 1 and then I cheated, I watched Episode 6 secretly. I know I cannot contribute to all the details of the drama but emotionally I was a wreck watching the unparalleled love of our male lead. At the beginning of Episode 6, when EH saw his Pretty Writer and did not have enough courage to meet her. His crying and subsequent actions made my heart pound. You know what, that episode ending date is still ongoing; when ED was ready to exit, he told her to stay. The preview had those two riding in his car and they had the same clothes as those at dinner. When EH gave ED a manly hug, that was at the end of that same date. The hug occurred in front of ED's house window and was witnessed by her husband. So the events are moving fast, that date which was not meant to be (set up by EH's manager) really brought our OTP together. I think EH's acting career will take a financial hit soon because of his "foolish love" but I am sure our OTP will overcome because all it matters is their love. What a great drama.

1.      Why does a middle age couple adopt a pretty 13 year old orphan girl?  

2.      Tell me about Eun Dong's  family, besides her maternal Grandma.

3.      Give the dates and the reasons for the family's stay in the States.  How was it financed?

4.      What's with that rich woman, RA?  Employed?  &  What's her "hold" over EH's  CEO/"friend" and EH's  film career?

5.      Exactly what part did Husband Choi play in the deception?  When did he find out about it?

6.      "Show me the Money!"  The years  20oo to 2005 were not the "Dark Ages" in Korea.  Let's talk Insurance here!   And Husband Choi had a future MLB career worth  lots of $$$$, remember? 

7.      Choi and the child ---  How do I know what is real between them? ----  Dad can only move one arm. Yet he takes time with the child's lessons and he sends his wife to check on the boy in school because he notices he seems quite "melancholy", something's "not right".  The child  insists on staying with dad in the hospital bed and refuses to go home without him.  I observe that their relationship  seems loving and real.  I only know what I can observe between them.  They seem at ease with each other.        

As viewer of the drama, we have special knowledge that all is not as it appears with these characters.  But so far, we have been given only a variety of odd pieces of the puzzle and can only  GUESS  and make ASSUMPTIONS about what has occurred.  And information will be revealed randomly and slowly over 10 more episodes!    :(

How many times will the Writer throw us off the scent during those hours?  She will play a "cat and mouse" game with us until the very end. And I like it already!    B)

@mdj101,   I have a theory about all of this if it's ED the one leading the deception just thinking about it makes my head spin around like Sybill ..   

He should have gotten paid before he even played his first game which they may have felt sorry and let him keep some of the money because of the accident..  The insurance may have ran out or what kind of therapy he needed maybe cheaper to have it done in Korean then in the states .. 

My answer to question #7:   Something isn't right with this family life there's no laughter in the house the hone seems kind of sterile to me like a fake flower..  I find nothing loving and real about this family lifestyle at all.. They don't even watch TV together sure he's not a neighbors kid that they temp keeping... SMH.LOL    

If ED staged all this just to get EH to help support her and her family she should be ran over by the same truck that hot them..

@jadecloud,  I still feel no sympathy for him because of the accident he caused and he has all all the advantage to his disavantages.. ED and son are the real victims in all this and JH still being deceptive look he even told the therapist lady not to tell that he can somewhat move his legs a little on his on.. Which makes me think he will walk before it's over but hide it from ED while doing things to EH behind her back I don't trust him period..     

@valsava Again, I agree. Let's not forget Hyeon Soo/Eun Ho is also a victim in this now decade-long deception. Poor Eun Ho. But what's even more endearing to me, apart from his good-looks, good son/brother and his undying love for one woman, is his TRUST of his own feelings, and TRUST in Eun Dong. (@seungshinl I'm glad you've found that elusive TRUST. Many more awesome and 'ever-after' years of it :))

Ahhh...is there really a man like Eun Ho? 99% no. Perhaps just 1% possibility? But FATE's Hand... that's beyond human understanding! Unfathomable!

qYcP2xE.jpg

C5cFsMD.jpgv0ULQtb.jpg

1wzrAyP.jpg

QWSIbz4.jpg

faTdRmZ.jpg

pRARr4W.jpg

hLEBPsZ.jpg

7qRXyKG.jpg

Guest Zaisy01

I still cannot watch the drama in whole yet because I am still waiting to watch it with my daughter. But I watched Episode 1 and then I cheated, I watched Episode 6 secretly. I know I cannot contribute to all the details of the drama but emotionally I was a wreck watching the unparalleled love of our male lead. At the beginning of Episode 6, when EH saw his Pretty Writer and did not have enough courage to meet her. His crying and subsequent actions made my heart pound. You know what, that episode ending date is still ongoing; when ED was ready to exit, he told her to stay. The preview had those two riding in his car and they had the same clothes as those at dinner. When EH gave ED a manly hug, that was at the end of that same date. The hug occurred in front of ED's house window and was witnessed by her husband. So the events are moving fast, that date which was not meant to be (set up by EH's manager) really brought our OTP together. I think EH's acting career will take a financial hit soon because of his "foolish love" but I am sure our OTP will overcome because all it matters is their love. What a great drama.

I would cheat too :lol:. This drama just draws you in. One of my favorite parts was when he told her to just stay where where you are in the elevator.  It was cute how she couldn't meet his eyes at first. My emotions are a total mess every time I watch this drama.  I hope he doesn't get a financial hit and I think he said that he has money saved up (not sure though). It shows that all of Korea is totally in love with his book, so they are probably going to support his "foolish love".  

So I'm re-watching the whole series... I'm re-visiting episode 2 right now... Something I just noticed:

When HS first meets ED, during that bicycle accident, she's wearing that infamous solitaire ring, and they clearly showed it. Later on, minute 14:21, while they're talking on the bench waiting to be picked up, they do a close up of her hand as he's coming close to hold her, and there's no ring!!

And then, after the piggy back, as they arrive to the "Humanities Building", about minute 17:27 she has the ring again!!! Did she put it on, as soon as they got to the University? While he wasn't watching?

Maybe, this has something to do with her constant changing of eye colour (contacts) too... is this a continuity (production) problem or is it done on purpose?

I don't really write on forums but I just had to pour out my feelings for this drama.  

I was hesitant to watch this drama at first because after KMHM ended no other drama was holding my interest.  But now I can't explain how engrossed I am in this drama.  It's absolutely captivating. :wub: When I watched the first episode I was a bit unsure how they were going to play out the teenage years, but the writer wrote it perfectly.  Then it went to the 20's and there was a 'push and pull' for awhile but it was understandable.  She can't just jump into a relationship with him when they just met again after so long.  I wondered how are they going to be separated this time and what was up with her family? At first I thought her adopted father was abusing her however that wasn't the case and I was relieved. :sweatingbullets: After the accident I was just hoping she doesn't die, I mean how tragic would that be?! :(  I loved how he waited for her in the spot even though hours passed, it was like he didn't want to admit that she was gone again and then finally reality hit later on (I did that once, although it was a whole different situation.^_^) And fast forward to their 30's and OMG she doesn't remember AND she's married? I freaked out. Hyun Soo is still looking for her and is immensely in love with her and she doesn't even remember him. I knew there was going to be angst coming and I loved it.  I'm a sucker for a good emotional storyline :lol:. And let me just tell you I was crying when he saw her fully for the first time and when they first officially meet in the restaurant. :tears: By the way, that restaurant scene was such perfection, I have watched it 10 times.  My family thinks I'm going crazy or something. The way Hyun Soo looks at her makes me want to fangirl all over again. Also, I think that when that the child might not be hers. But I can't predict anything in this drama.  Can't wait till Friday for the new episode. I'm totally obsessed.        

Hello, thank you for pouring out your feelings !  I hear you !  Welcome.

I think this is how we all felt watching EP 6.  The entire episode was a masterpiece.  So it's making me wonder more than once, what are we all gonna do when Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang actually kiss on screen?  They haven't even done anything yet and where they got us...... 

We know a kiss in K-Drama is such a big deal, because of what it means in Korean romantic culture (whole other story others have written so well on) and also people analyze and criticize until cows come home about how real they look or not, or who kisses better.  All the boring stuff.  I'm not talking about THAT.

I mean a kiss between Ji Eun Ho and Ji Eun Dong !!!  My Gawd.  They have been so perfect in their expressions of a story (yes I do know this is just a fictional story and they are just acting it really well ..........). 

Any impending kiss scene in this drama will be in a whole other category.  Given the responses from the restaurant and elevator scenes, I worry about our collective mental well being of our good selves when that happens.  Will this thread crash?  

You got all that from watching EP 1 and 6?  Are you sure you skipped 2-5 ?  You are a genius !

I just realized they were wearing same clothing in the hugging photos as that of the restaurant and elevator scene too !

@mdj101 wrote:

I think I remember the Grandma calling Eun Dong's mom a "word that rhymes with Witch" in the first episode, and saying ED took after her father's personality. Pretty interesting if the Grandma was the maternal grandmother--calling her own daughter by that name!  Seems she liked Eun Dong's daddy better than her daughter!  But that was all that was mentioned.

Not sure if her bio parents were already dead or simply AWOL. If they were dead, it makes sense that ED had to go to an orphanage. Maybe they were alive, but couldn't be located, or they couldn't take her in. It happens. If the bio parents aren't dead, I wonder if the writer could potentially throw that wrench in the story and bring either one or both of them back to crank up the angst factor. Just a random thought--and please correct me if I missed some established detail.  

I remember the granny saying this about Eun Dong's mom in Ep 1.  I don't know if her mother's story will appear again but in Ep 2, Eun Dong said the ring Hyun Soo threw in the lake was from her mother not from her 'boyfriend' so who knows.

@mdj101 Hello chingu.  Good questions all.

MLEers, esp the ones who just joined this thread....Not sure if you've seen the various drama related material from JTBC...pardon any inaccuracies/errors...these are material re-translated from baidu's translation. Hope these can give a good foundation of MLE and hence add to your enjoyment of it :) 

Hidden Content

@jadecloud, I wish I would have known these translations existed before I tried to do parts of it!  They are very good.

@mdj101, regarding Jae Ho and Ra Il (Is this supposed to be English name Lyle?), may be I'm being too naive and in denial but I think Ra Il's melancholy state has to do with his having to adjust to Korean school system having gone to school in the US earlier in his life.  He is 10 years old and assuming their move back was relatively recent (in EP 3 Dong Gyu tells Eun Ho the they came back months prior) I can see how that would be difficult.  

Education system is quite different between Korea and the West.  This is why the granny keep saying she wishes she could afford to put Ra Il in an International School (this is quite big in Korea and they school in English and are more western in their education methods).  

In the midst of all the problems with Ja Ho and his fake marriage with Eun Dong, I feel his 'father-son' relationship is genuine, as 'genuine' as such a relationship can be based on deception.

So my posts may look like spam now... same Episode 2... I bet any money that the picnic lunch she brought was made by her, when he comments about that fried chicken and mentions that of course it's good since she bought it from a store; she gives him this look of "are you kidding me?" 

It's going to be so interesting once we get to know the other side of the story, from ED's perspective...

And here we go with the issue of Kim Dong Ryul's song... yes It's playing while they're coming out of the movie theatre, then it stops, we (the audience) only hear rain, and then when they kiss, it's playing again... I guess the song was not only playing for us, but for them too, was it probably playing outside of the cinemas, like background music?

@mdj101 wrote:

I remember the granny saying this about Eun Dong's mom in Ep 1.  I don't know if her mother's story will appear again but in Ep 2, Eun Dong said the ring Hyun Soo threw in the lake was from her mother not from her 'boyfriend' so who knows.

Also, remember that Eun Dong told Hyun Soo, that she wanted to be an actress in order to be famous and thus meet her mom... so my guess, she was abandoned by her mother... the dad raised her, then he probably died and was left with the Grandma. I think the Grandma is the paternal grandmother...

@jadecloud:....

Thank you for the all that wonderful and colorful material from JTBC hidden behind what felt like "double locked" Spoilers.

Or did My "clicks" just overlap and slip around onscreen?  Can't be sure, not the 1st time it's happened!

Now I'll start to over-think a simple gesture from JTBC to the Loyal Fans.  Must it be paranoia  because  my first reaction is   "How sweet, but why me? "    Maybe  a simple "Thank You"  will be OK.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

@jadecloud:....

Thank you for the all that wonderful and colorful material from JTBC hidden behind what felt like "double locked" Spoilers.

Or did My "clicks" just overlap and slip around onscreen?  Can't be sure, not the 1st time it's happened!

Now I'll start to over-think a simple gesture from JTBC to the Loyal Fans.  Must it be paranoia  because  my first reaction is   "How sweet, but why me? "    Maybe  a simple "Thank You"  will be OK.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

@mdj101 You're welcome :) 

No it's not you. I must have created a double-spoiler. But I don't know how to undo the doubles.  I'm still trying to get a hang of the new functions in this new platform. The quoting function too is quite frustrating sometimes, cos it works sometimes but not others, like now :(

Archived