[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Hi everyone!  Almost caught up...watching Ep. 6 later today!  This is such a great show. I can't recall how many times while watching a drama, I've wanted to fly over to Korea and personally light a fire under the lead guy's backside. They can be sooo slow and hesitant to act. (I'm looking at you, Dong Joo of Angel Eyes!) Not HS/EH! No freakin' way!   

HS/EH is the heroic male lead of my dreams. He knows what he wants, he knows what's right--and he acts on it immediately. No dilly-dallying around from this dude! And he's been like that from the beginning! Yeah, he's got a hot temper....I say good for him!  It does land him in hot (or cold) water from time to time; let's hope that maturity has just taken the tiniest edge off his temper so he doesn't get in too much trouble now that he's a "Top Star". I'd hate to see his fanbase become a bunch of haters over him taking his fiancee back. Sorry, can't feel bad for the current husband, although I am sure he knew this day would happen a long time ago.  Marriage by deceit is not a marriage. Gah, ED's adoptive father is a wicked piece of work; hopefully the mom feels guilty enough to tell her daughter the truth. @mdj101--I agree with you. I thought the adoptive father was messing with ED too for a minute. 

I like to think about other ways that his fiery nature might be a benefit, but since those thoughts aren't necessarily G-rated, I'll keep them to myself!

HS/EH reminds me, "If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission." 

One question I have for you all:  I watched Ep 4 and 5 somewhat under the influence of decongestants and cough medicine since I have a bad cold. HS/EH's manager Dong Gyu and the other management guy who wears glasses--they knew HS/EH back in the day. Were they school friends?  Were they in the gang that beat him up? Sorry, I missed that part. Can someone fill me in? 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh the actor who portrays Eunho is SO good at emotional scenes:D That scene at the restaurant where he's just sitting there watchin' Eundong....the longing in his eyes were so palpable it was electric. I would melt if a man looks at me like that LoL. Then the elevator scene gah my heart^_^

So in ep. 06, it's revealed that Eundong was pregnant at the time of accident. Speculations are abuzz that Eundong was having Eunho's child and then lost her memory in the accident. Yuck that damn Seoryung trying to tear our OTP apart & she's cheating on Eunho at the same time aish. 

LoL @ Eunho's manager fawning over his love for 1 woman and 1 woman only:lol:

@shamrockmom The manager (CEO) Hyun-Bal, with the glasses is the one that has known him since childhood.  He's that on that sold him the stolen motorcycle and fought him in the teens.  In the twenties he had became his manager.  He recognized ED right away but kept it from HS because he wants HS with CEO SR as she has bailed him out and helped him get promoted.  SR told him to let HS know the Ghost Writer was ED after HS had already fugured it out and told him to tell him she had another man's baby in her belly when she was dating him.

His current personal assistant/manger Dong-Gyu  did not know him in the teens and twenties so he had no idea what ED looked like. 

1. Park Hyun Soon/Ji Eun Ho (Joo Jin Mo):  

Yes we love him to death but nothing new in the profile from what we already know. He's referred to as the King (to end all Kings) of genuine* man.  It says his love is greater than that of Great Gatsby's.  His life changes 180 degrees after meeting Eun Dong it says.

* Actually no English word exists, as of yet, that fully describes the Korean word 'soon jung nam'

It's quite ironic that HS love for ED is compared to Great Gatsby because when I think about it there are some similarities between their stories.

Gatsy loved Daisy since they met when they were young (in their 20s), similar to ED and HS who began in their teens. However, one of the major similarities is that Gatsy was initially from a poor background but rose to a position of power and wealth all for the hope of getting Daisy. The extravagant party he throws every Saturday, the massive mansion he bought which was situation across the river from Daisy's own mansion, the money - Gatsby did it all for Daisy.  We can see that in HS who initially became an actor to find ED and through that search he began to take acting seriously and wanted to become a serious actor. However, we can see that he was unsuccessful in the beginning during the 10 years there were apart from their teenage years. And when they met in their twenties and were unexpected separated that was when HS acting career completely changed because the intense pain of their separation allowed him to feel emotions that were still raw and act it out to get the lead role in the drama that elevated him to the status of a well known actor. Also he continued to be an actor and reached the optimum of fame so that he is known everywhere, so that he could find ED and be together with him. 

We definitely can't say Daisy and ED are the same because Daisy to be honest was such a spoilt, bratty, richard simmons and I absolutely felt sorry for Gatsby that he was in love with a girl who only cared about money. ED on the other hand has the most beautiful, kind soul that just radiates through her. She has that fragile and gentle look about her that has been persistent from the time that we met her. 

One of my favourite song from the Great Gatsby Soundtrack perfectly fits the story HS & ED.

[video not allowed to be quoted]

Thank you for the insight into the comparison between the two.  I also hope this drama is not too similar to Great Gatsby which did not end well as I recall.

In the synopsis it's Eun Ho's devoted passion for one woman that may be 'Greater(?) than Great Gatsby. You see the ? mark in the text.  So hopefully the comparison doesn't go beyond!

W8ZBc3s.png

@shamrockmom The manager (CEO) Hyun-Bal, with the glasses is the one that has known him since childhood.  He's that on that sold him the stolen motorcycle and fought him in the teens.  In the twenties he had became his manager.  He recognized ED right away but kept it from HS because he wants HS with CEO SR as she has bailed him out and helped him get promoted.  SR told him to let HS know the Ghost Writer was ED after HS had already fugured it out and told him to tell him she had another man's baby in her belly when she was dating him.

His current personal assistant/manger Dong-Gyu  did not know him in the teens and twenties so he had no idea what ED looked like. 

Thanks! I thought that Hyun Bal was the guy HS punched out over the stolen motorcycle, but I wasn't sure. 

Little Ra Il - The Elephant In The Room?

Aish...my heart breaks for him already :tears:

[lovely image of Ra Il deleted because required to by Soompi rules]

While most of our angst falls on Eun Ho and Eun Dong's fateful reunion, and our anger on antagonists Jae Ho, Seo Ryeong and adoptive dad Seo, it seems like the elephant in the room, is little Ra II who may well turn out to be the biggest victim of all - he has been brought up for the past decade by a 'dad' who is a liar and a con, whom he has grown to love. The more Ra Il's love for Jae Ho is, the more hurt and pain he will suffer ...

What's a good resolution? I can't see any. Ottoke? :tears:

Hidden Content

Oh @jadecloud must we?  I suppose we must deal with this elephant in the room.  Poor Ra Il.

I think the answer to the well being of Ra Il and almost every other relevant character in MLED belongs to this lovely lady.

lc21vs0.png 

(Cr. Viki video)

Eun Dong, isn't she just?  She's a sight to behold.  My eyes are blinded by her radiance. 

My head hurts thinking about what lies ahead of her when she regains her memory.  How will it all play out writer-nim?  You have put out enough of land mines out there for Eun Dong to get through.

Eun Dong is the one who will have to deal with the lion share of the aftermath affecting almost everyone not the least of which is her son.  Good Bad and the Ugly.

Imagine waking up to all that she has to? Her lost love who returned, her husband who may not be, her adopted parents who made choices for her in her absent minded-ness and her son who has known nothing else for his entire life and will be affected the most.

I say we follow Eun Ho's advice and wait until her memory returns and hear what she has to say.  We also know she doesn't tell a lie and if we are to go by how she was when she was young, she is one brave and smart lady.  She's supposed to do the right thing by her head and her heart.  And she is supposed to do it with sympathy and compassion because she is that kind of a person.  So I hang my hat on her.

So far this drama has done a great job building and defining its characters.  Eun Ho is single minded and passionate.  He acts before he thinks.  But all his actions pivot around Eun Dong's best interests.  I need to rely on that check.  Another reason for having Eun Dong to guide us all.  

Writer-nim please let the characters play out their stories within the reasonable bounds of their personalities and experiences in the drama.  Please. 

Hi everyone!  Almost caught up...watching Ep. 6 later today!  This is such a great show. I can't recall how many times while watching a drama, I've wanted to fly over to Korea and personally light a fire under the lead guy's backside. They can be sooo slow and hesitant to act. (I'm looking at you, Dong Joo of Angel Eyes!) Not HS/EH! No freakin' way!   

HS/EH is the heroic male lead of my dreams. He knows what he wants, he knows what's right--and he acts on it immediately. No dilly-dallying around from this dude! And he's been like that from the beginning! Yeah, he's got a hot temper....I say good for him!  It does land him in hot (or cold) water from time to time; let's hope that maturity has just taken the tiniest edge off his temper so he doesn't get in too much trouble now that he's a "Top Star". I'd hate to see his fanbase become a bunch of haters over him taking his fiancee back. Sorry, can't feel bad for the current husband, although I am sure he knew this day would happen a long time ago.  Marriage by deceit is not a marriage. Gah, ED's adoptive father is a wicked piece of work; hopefully the mom feels guilty enough to tell her daughter the truth. @mdj101--I agree with you. I thought the adoptive father was messing with ED too for a minute. 

I like to think about other ways that his fiery nature might be a benefit, but since those thoughts aren't necessarily G-rated, I'll keep them to myself!

HS/EH reminds me, "If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission." 

One question I have for you all:  I watched Ep 4 and 5 somewhat under the influence of decongestants and cough medicine since I have a bad cold. HS/EH's manager Dong Gyu and the other management guy who wears glasses--they knew HS/EH back in the day. Were they school friends?  Were they in the gang that beat him up? Sorry, I missed that part. Can someone fill me in? 

Hi @shamrockmom, nice to hear you speak!  I know you've been following the thread for a while.

I liked your blog post on MLED.  I was more than a bit frustrated toward the end of Angel Eyes (loved the child actors and acting) and you know what I thought of the end of HITTG !  MLED so far has been much more gentle on my soul.  Looking forward to seeing how the story will unfold and sharing the journey with you.

[photo deleted as per the Soompi rule]

I am confused about this promotion photo on top left corner.  Eun Ho and Eun Dong sitting across from each other in what appears to be a restaurant. But Eun Ho has different clothing than the famous restaurant scene from EP 6?  Does this mean there are going to be other restaurant scenes coming up ?

I am confused about this promotion photo on top left corner.  Eun Ho and Eun Dong sitting across from each other in what appears to be a restaurant. But Eun Ho has different clothing than the famous restaurant scene from EP 6?  Does this mean there are going to be other restaurant scenes coming up or what the promos taken with different clothing on?

Yes I think they should have another date.

These are behind scene photos.

사랑하는은동아 주진모 김사랑 김태훈 김유리

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1434411558924541002

I am confused about this promotion photo on top left corner.  Eun Ho and Eun Dong sitting across from each other in what appears to be a restaurant. But Eun Ho has different clothing than the famous restaurant scene from EP 6?  Does this mean there are going to be other restaurant scenes coming up or what the promos taken with different clothing on?

@seungshinl, you are very observant!
Maybe it is a BTS photo..?   You can see also that Joo Jin-Mo has a cup of coffee in a paper cup, and Kim Sa-Rang has something in her lap, that could be the script?

@lucy13880, thank you! you beat me to it... :)

20150616 MLE shooting set

Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sarang both on set

Just googled Tweenie Weenie, it's a nice clothing store. Both JJM and KSR are there?  Is there a shopping trip in the offing in the show?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Teenie-Weenie/360371274106423

BTW the IG comment says 'indeed actors don't look like people, they look like dolls"

Showbiz Korean's interview for Joo Jin Mo will broadcast tomorrow 17:00 KST

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=729049

In this article JJM says he did't dream of being an actor.  He paid attention but didn't think it was his path to follow.  He was studying to pass the civil service exams but he didn't have much aptitude for that and by chance he ended up getting into acting. (Imagine him a government official geesh).

He tried acting for experience and adventure and it turned out well.  (I'd say Mr. Joo).

Archived