[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about (and swoooooooons over) "My love Eun Dong" in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-12/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throughout the show, ED has many moments of "awakening" ... how do the song was played during their first kiss, or the goat milk, or seeing herself in the language class photos... But why doesn't she connect the dots? It's like every time is the first time it happened.

Wouldn't YOU want to confirm if it's you in the language class photo and not a twin/doppelganger? Wouldn't YOU want to get to the bottom of the goat milk story? 

yup! the photo was one which I thought will hit home and make her act on it ..but she pushed back into her safety zone by her parents and husband . she does seem to be fearful of going back to regain her memory ..there is storm lurking behind .

the interactions with Eun ho on his book  ..hearing his voice record of their story ..triggered off  fragment of her memories ..yes me too , I was  frustrated why didn't both clues spark off more from her .!!

but then I love that part between them of matching up both of their memories together..Eun ho reminisce of their past  ..was only his side of the story ..

and she has unknowingly add in her part ^^ I thought that was such a bittersweet meeting of their love .especially when she is so shocked that it wasn't from his memories but something that slipped into her mind and written by her own hand .

that why I have been thinking they need to show me her version of the story .vs ..his story ..then I will have a complete view

I dun know why I have this strange feeling ..that Eun Dong we meet the second time .has certain secrets that is hidden even from us , there might really be some demon from the past which maybe we didn't know .

the adopted parents ..the father seem so strict on her ..did she really have been treated well like what she had told Hyun Soo . there was this scene of the father in her room . nearly make me think was he an abusive parent --;;

I believed the mother might have been kind ..it is the father who bothered me . ( I am wondering if they have taken her in because of link to church and the wife cant have any child .but.taking in such a older child for adoption hmm.it will be a tough thing for the child to adapt as well for parents too .)

the way I see Eun Dong respond to Hyun Soo question of her adopted parents and if she has a boyfriend ..there is  something not right from her expression .

when he asked if her adopted parents know about him ...I was surprised she said yes but the next question about what they think of him ..she went into silence and seem to want to say something more ...( I really think she have a huge fight with her adopted parents ....and that ..why she even suggested they stay as brother and sister relationship) .

now when JE exclaimed to her husband that Eun Dong might have loved Hyun Soo more than he loved her and that Ji Eun Ho might not evenh know that !!    ( that was such a strong statement I mean like to love more than he has loved ED ..what memories will send such thoughts from her )   .. I do suspect maybe she has fought strongly for with her adoptive parents and probably the thought of running away to be independent with him ????!!

and then those minor things 

She  use eun dong as the name in the school she taught but gave her adopted name for the fan site .. And that stilly man Hyun Soo didn't know her adopted name ? She must have missed him the last ten years ..did she search for him which I am sure she should have but he has moved ...what happen during that ten years for her ?

ED%20esp%202.jpg

PS : cant really respond to all the posting ( and the new forum not making it easy for quoting --;;; )

but  ..I do enjoyed reading the discussion from everyone ..been a while that I get keep coming back to a thread for more !!^ 

PS 2 : thanks for the BTS of their hugging scene .....woot ..I want to know how he explain his craziness of pulling his ghost writer into his arms LOLLLL.....

@shirley @seungshinl I even thought about a potential kiss! Remember, Eundong and Hyunsoo's kiss in front of the theater! It might even be like you said the trigger to get her memories back. Don't really think it'll be broadcast this week but I can't wait. :w00t:

ahhh!! will that be too much to hope for ..lol but we can always dream that it can happen in the soonest possible time ! !!....yes I rain and kisses to completely get Eun Dong back LOL.......

let's use his quote ..the waiting might be long but it will shine the brightest .!!~~.

2015.6.17 night shooting Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang on set hand in hand

What's up with this 'hand in hand' photo?  JJM in a typical 'celebrity in hiding' attire.  Different from what he was waiting at the end of EP 6.  Are they on another date?  Is this when it rains?  

@salijoo, I've already put on record, I don't think I can handle a kiss on screen.  But it's raining!!

Good Afternoon, Everyone!                                                                                 June  17, 2015    2:00 PM                  

Well, here I am, late to the party!  126 pages already and I'v backtracked to @jadecloud's "double-clicked Spoiler " in that REPLY on p.123, which I had to regretfully put off reading (at 2:00 AM  :w00t: )  until today!  

"What'll I Do...?"....softly humming in background!   If only I had an obedient, subservient "Clone of Me" !    I don't! So I will settle it by keeping a page open for  reading a 200X magnification of the "Spoiler material" while I keep up with the crowd posting on current pages.     :D     So pleased with myself ---- bound to be smacked down to reality along the way now for sure!  Love this drama, the Writer, and the actors!

Got to be caught up before the next episode air!    So much background info., @jadecloud  (p.123), Thanks a lot!

There were references made by those near EH that his love for this "Eun Dong" might be a hallucination. It might actually be difficult for him to explain how he recognized someone after 10 years each time. Yes, he might have supernatural gift in that respect but can he prove that Pretty Writer is actually Eun Dong to someone who doubts it? I am thinking perhaps the camera showed in Episode 2 how hard it was to take ED's ring off her finger and that the ring may contain enough of her skin to prove, using DNA testing, that Pretty Writer is the same girl that EH was in love with? I know the ring was thrown into the lake, but could that still be used to identify the two girls are the same? I know for sure EH kept that ring as a treasure.

@shirley @seungshinl I even thought about a potential kiss! Remember, Eundong and Hyunsoo's kiss in front of the theater! It might even be like you said the trigger to get her memories back. Don't really think it'll be broadcast this week but I can't wait. :w00t:

ahhh!! will that be too much to hope for ..lol but we can always dream that it can happen in the soonest possible time ! !!....yes I rain and kisses to completely get Eun Dong back LOL.......

let's use his quote ..the waiting might be long but it will shine the brightest .!!~~.

I think the rain and a piggyback (Eun Dong said she'll recognize Eun Ho's warm back anytime) will bring back the 'lost' memories like a flash flood. If a kiss is added as well...lord help me! I'll squeal like a hamster on heat (^O^)

There were references made by those near EH that his love for this "Eun Dong" might be a hallucination. It might actually be difficult for him to explain how he recognized someone after 10 years each time. Yes, he might have supernatural gift in that respect but can he prove that Pretty Writer is actually Eun Dong to someone who doubts it? I am thinking perhaps the camera showed in Episode 2 how hard it was to take ED's ring off her finger and that the ring may contain enough of her skin to prove, using DNA testing, that Pretty Writer is the same girl that EH was in love with? I know the ring was thrown into the lake, but could that still be used to identify the two girls are the same? I know for sure EH kept that ring as a treasure.

I don't think 10 years will transform a person's look dramatically, without surgery. I personally didn't change much and some of the peeps I know didn't change much. So in that, I do find it plausible for Eun Ho to recognize Eun Dong instantly in their 20s and 30s.

As for the ring, Eun Ho has it in possession, which we were shown in an earlier ep (prob 3?). I've been wondering why Jeong Eun/Eun Dong is shown several times to not be wearing any ring...did Jae Ho not get her a ring? Even if the ring that was thrown into the lake was from Eun Dong's mom, or even Jae Ho, why isn't a replacement bought? Could it be so that Eun Ho will complete the cycle with the ring he's still holding on to?

Did they or didn't they? (Yes they did in 'Namhae' in Episode 2)

The question as to who Ra il's father is pretty crucial for this drama (and the love story) going forward. I believe 100% Hyun Soo/Eun Ho is his father.  I think most on this thread think so too but some still have doubts so I am going to make my case here and invite everyone to agree or disagree.

We have good reason to be confused because the way the scenes of the 'deed' between Hyun Soo and Eun Dong were shown in EP 2, it looks like the PDnim wanted us to have doubts too, but I will not be fooled.  Not twice.

Basically he pulled 'pots and pans' on us.  Anyone who's seen Secret Love Affair knows what I mean by this.  For those of you who have not one of the most famous and controversial scenes in that drama is what's become known as 'Pots and Pans' in EP 8.   For the inaugural love making scene of the main couple the PD'nim didn't show the couple at all but 'panned' the apartment where the main couple got together showing the views pots and pans and other household accoutrements while they were supposed to be 'engaged.'  For more info please feel free to explore here.

It's similar here.  So we need to look at the shots in EP 2 and connect the dots.  The key is the trip they took on the bus together.  And I believe this is how the story goes.

1.  Many wonder about this scene in EP 2.  Some wondering if this an 'abusive adoptive father and daughter' situation?  I believe here the father is reprimanding Eun Dong for wanting to go on an overnight trip.  I don't know if he knew she was going with a boy or all the way to Namhae but he's displeased.

Y9Ba8Mc.png

2.  But Eun Dong is happily packing for an overnight (or two) trip.

zjQSAde.png

3. We see Eun Dong's father looking into the room and seeing it empty at night.   

7rStsTd.png

4. We also see Eun Ho's sister going to his room and seeing it empty but she is happy about that (look at her smile) probably because she knows he is with Eun Dong.

MlDLRWx.png

5. Here is the happy couple on the bus.HRndiWJ.png

6.  The bus is heading for 남해 (Namhae meaning South Ocean).  Look at the writing next to the big straight arrow on the left.9jlz7Be.png

7. The sign on the front of the bus says 고석 'go-seok' which means 'high speed' meaning this bus is for a long distance/highway trip.deYftYT.png

8. Where the heck is 'Namhae' and why is that significant?  See here?  Hyun Soo and Eun Dong went from Chunchon to Namhae, basically from one end of the country to the other furthest you can go without leaving the country.  It's pretty much like going from Seoul to Jaeju Do.  If they did go to Jaeju Do, we would not have been as confused.  Writernim is clever.JfB5bPj.png

More info on Namhae, Korea http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=262191

9. More on Namhae.  This is where they went !  Not a place you go on a day trip.a2wDkJR.png

If any of you think Hyun Soo and Eun Dong went all the way to Namhae to hold hands and eat tteokbbokki, I can't help you.  I would say they had other things on their minds (at least the writer/PD is telling us something different).

A few more on did they or didn't they?

10.  During this argument right after the Namhae trip and right before the accident in EP 2, Hyun Soo tells Eun Dong things have changed now between them since 'that day.'  In Viki translation it says from the 'day before' but what he says in Korean is from 'that day (그날 - geu-nal)'.  'That day' is the day in Namhae.  And I'd say that's the day Ra il was created.

JV0K60N.png

11. Later in EP 2, the time moves forward and we see adult Hyun Soo/Eun Ho announcing to the world Eun Dong is not just his first love but his 'fiancee'.  In the language and the context what he means here is he and Eun Dong is as good as a married couple.  As in something happened in Namhae that binds them more than just a couple who were each other's first love.7YNKKyH.png

12. She's his fiancee as in 'they have promised to marry' which may be the 'right' thing to do given what happened in Namhae.ba83Rdu.pngSo there you have it.

Cr. Vicki.com videos

Guest Zaisy01

Hello, thank you for pouring out your feelings !  I hear you !  Welcome.

I think this is how we all felt watching EP 6.  The entire episode was a masterpiece.  So it's making me wonder more than once, what are we all gonna do when Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang actually kiss on screen?  They haven't even done anything yet and where they got us...... 

We know a kiss in K-Drama is such a big deal, because of what it means in Korean romantic culture (whole other story others have written so well on) and also people analyze and criticize until cows come home about how real they look or not, or who kisses better.  All the boring stuff.  I'm not talking about THAT.

I mean a kiss between Ji Eun Ho and Ji Eun Dong !!!  My Gawd.  They have been so perfect in their expressions of a story (yes I do know this is just a fictional story and they are just acting it really well ..........). 

Any impending kiss scene in this drama will be in a whole other category.  Given the responses from the restaurant and elevator scenes, I worry about our collective mental well being of our good selves when that happens.  Will this thread crash?  

Thanks!

This thread will totally crash when they kiss! Look at their chemistry when they are just talking to each other, it's electrifying. 

Their expressions make the story seem so real that I seem to forget that they are only acting, same as you :lol:.  

I wanted to share this video that I made recently because this couple is my ultimate OTP :D.   

https://youtu.be/_cNViVhnnpg

@seungshinl, Wow, what an impressive detective work! If any of you think Hyun Soo and Eun Dong went all the way to Namhae to hold hands and eats tteokbbokki, I can't help you.  LMAOOOOOO. Indeed! It's pretty clear that Ra-il is EH/ED's son. I'll give on that to Baek Min-kyung and Lee Tae-gon, it seems like I'll look on details even more.

There is also like it was mentionned in this thread, RI's way of sleeping or in the picture Eunho was looking at on his phone, he had the same style. 

I5hMqvQ.pngBoEKsjI.jpg

@Zaisy01, Agreed, that's one hell of an explosive chemistry we have there, I had to rape the replay button during the restaurant scene mainly because I couldn't read the subtitles, their facial expressions said it all. LOL. And thanks for the MV!! Marvelous!

@seungshinl Well as long as they don't throw at us a makjang plot twist making her half sister of Seo Ryung... then I would totally flip my table... Let's just keep the mom hidden and forgotten...B)

Also, about the love making scene... it was shown for a brief 2 seconds on the web episodes... I can't remember if it was beginning of Ep 3 or 4 ... So of course they did more than holding hands... question is, was He her "first" one? dun, dun, dun...

MLEers, esp the ones who just joined this thread....Not sure if you've seen the various drama related material from JTBC...pardon any inaccuracies/errors...these are material re-translated from baidu's translation. Hope these can give a good foundation of MLE and hence add to your enjoyment of it :) 

Hidden Content

@jadecloud, I wish I would have known these translations existed before I tried to do parts of it!  They are very good.

@seungshinl

No, chingu. Please keep on translating. Your kor-eng translation is way more valuable. With kor-chi or chi-eng, there're bound to be some off-translation somewhere. In fact, there's no way to translate the exact meaning of what writernim tries to emote in MLE. The closest, I believe, is from kor-eng, and from a k-insider as well. So, please keep on :) 

@jadecloud :                                                                                   6/17/2015

Let me "second"  your encouragement to @seungshinl to continue to bring us her  "Je ne sais quoi" translations!   Oh, Yeah.  I had to look it up, but it describes the quality she brings  to us, over and above the literal meanings of the  Korean language.   

And I am enlightened by your terms describing translations: kor-eng, kor-chi, and chi-eng.   Perfect short-hand for what we find so valuable here in the forums.   Does the order indicate which was the original language?  For example, does kor-chi mean from Korean into Chinese? and would the reverse correctly be chi-kor, meaning Chinese translated into Korean? I love this!    :wub: :D ^_^

I've said repeatedly, "How could I ever have enjoyed dramas from East Asian artists?writers/etc.  without the people who subtitle for me, and all the others who do not understand those languages?". I do not have neither the time nor the money to search for occasional presentations of these works in the States.  

OK.  Dropping that whole topic.  I enjoy having the entire World's Collection of past and present  TV-Dramas and Films right here in my home via the PC/tablet/smartphone and whatever new methods come along!.  We make up a sweet, lively,and very select  Art Appreciation Association of our own!  Do we not?

EDIT:... I'm growing quite fond of the "double click" Spoiler Feature now.  Why not keep it. Just need to figure out how to Initiate it as a feature!  It was as if I was opening a Surprise Package when I found all those " MLE  Goodies from Baidu  Fans/Sources, & JTBC".   Only need  a big bow on top, candles, and fireworks!

@shirley,   I don't feel the closeness between RA ll and his supposed to be father.. It's no easy solution to this but ED will have to weigh things from his side of things maybe she would take the child and live alone allowing the so called father visitation rights and also rights to the known father.. In order to make things work they would need to build a relationship before they could become a family or the little bot may grow into hating his father without never fully understanding what happen..  ED adopted father never fully consider how many lives would be effecting by what he did and he still thinks he's right that environment is so toxic and a hazard to ED, JH and the little boy..  Jh should know by now it's time to let go because this is not good for all parties concerned..

Well ED has got some or most of her memory back and she's not looking to happy about the outcome of her life.. I can barley wait for friday episode..          

@valsava

I think RA II spend a lot of time at home with the father as his mother work ..therefore I guess there is a bond between the two ,,I have two version of thoughts for this relationship ..the what if he is not JH's son meaning the man is treating the son of another man quite like his own .( but maybe also probably from his guilt towards what he has assisted in creating the lie about JE ) .,,and if it is his son ..then it will be what he think is his rightful reason for JE to stay...( how the kid can end up as his ..gosh I think of all sort of scenario ..did he force himself on JE before ..or whatever ...) .etc etc ..I think yes ..Friday need to come sooner .otherwise all this is making one think too crazy thoughts .I really need Eun ho to add one more mission to Dong Kyu list of things to do ...get the kid DNA results .! . I am 98% that is Eun Ho .but there is always that 2% uncertain ....the results need to be 99.999999% sure !

they always come up with the what we did was for your sake explanation ..but they never think of asking the person at the centre of event . Jung Eun has the right to know the whole truth ., the trust she has been living all this while will collapsed the moment she remember all the memories and the twisted "truth" created in the place for her by her so called parents and husband . everytime I see how she asked about just alittle more of her past and will receive another repeat of the lie ...they might probably think that a lie repeated for as many times become a truth ..and she will be pushed back into her fake world of peace again ...

.I felt really hateful of those who continue the lie . ...not ten days not ten months ...one decade of deception and if Eun ho haven't appear ..then it will be for the rest of her life  ..Now she is feeling her heart too strongly to deny the memories to re-surface . I hope Eun ho gave her that courage .and what might come later ..we have to wait and see ...

@shirley,  I don't think JH feels any remorse I think he may feel she was going to leave me for him so he bonds with the child to keep ED trapped in that marriage and fake love just for her to keep taking care of him.. He using this child just as he's using the child's mother, like I stated all his disadvantages is to his advantages..

I think the rain and a piggyback (Eun Dong said she'll recognize Eun Ho's warm back anytime) will bring back the 'lost' memories like a flash flood. If a kiss is added as well...lord help me! I'll squeal like a hamster on heat (^O^)

@jadecloud,  Your not the only one the would be screaming out with a loud squeal I may alert the dogs in the neighborhood the production team would really hit it out of the park if it's in that same phone booth..   

Apparently it's as easy as pie for our Hyun Soo in EP2.

JkVFbyS.png

cr. Viki.com

PS:  @docster6, I've become way more dangerous since the SLA time for I've learned to screen cap!  A good thing i've refused to learn to make gif's.

@jadecloud if anyone else need positive proof that HS and ED did the deed and he's the father they just need to watch the beginning of the web episode for the brief bed scene that immediately follows a scene of them on the bus.

waaaaaaattttt?    There was a bed scene?  Why don't people tell me these things before I go crazy with the screen caps ?????????????

Thank you anyway :wub:

@jadecloud if anyone else need positive proof that HS and ED did the deed and he's the father they just need to watch the beginning of the web episode for the brief bed scene that immediately follows a scene of them on the bus.

waaaaaaattttt?    There was a bed scene?  Why don't people tell me these things before I go crazy with the screen caps ?????????????

Thank you anyway :wub:

Where might "inquiring minds" find this treasure nugget web episode?  With or w/o subs?  

@seungshinl oops, the post was meant to address your post, I scrolled through to fast and saw the wrong name.  I thought I remembered it so I went back and double checked and yep, there it was. It's right past the 1 minute mark and there's no mistaking what they're showing...no pots and pans, very brief but very obvious;)

At the end of the web episode 3 you can hear ED say in the preview "can...we sleep over",

Archived