[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

The preview song in the beginning for ep 5 is also another song, that I remember so well. I am really loving the flashback of all the english songs that I used to hear in my childhood. Also all the toys Jin Joo was playing with in ep 3, the baby doll, the jumping fish and ice cream cone that pops out. I had all of them. So many memories.

Anyone think with what happened to the student in the news today might make the writers change up Bora's storyline? Because it really is a huge coincidence what has happened today and what the drama focused on with Bora's storyline.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's interesting that DS loves to read about romance but when it comes to her real life romance, she doesn't know to spot it.  Is it just me or does it seem like JH was waiting for DS to come out during the rain scene.  He kept stalling to leave for the bus stop.

I talked about Bora's possible protest and demonstration for democracy before, and even if the situation in Korea got better after 1987. But just yesterday the police in Korea fired water canons mixed with capsaicin to the peaceful protesting crowd, locked them down and threw teargas toward children and women etc... One man in his 70 got so heavily injured that he's in critical condition and having brain surgery at the hospital right now.

Which is why "no democracy, no nation, and "fucking_korean_government" and "우리나라", "our nation" is trending in Korea right now.

It's scary and terrifying how the democracy people fought and died for in the 70-80s are being suppressed once again by dictatorship in Korea. It's heartbreaking seriously, and how today's situation just mirror the past with oppression of free speech and democracy:(

This might be of topic but I just wanted to get this off my chest sorry :/

Songs From Episode 4

Song When SeonWoo Got A Gift and Letter From DeokSun :

All I Can Give You Is Love/I Can Only Give You Love by  Byeon JinSeob

Here's A Clip With English Subs

DeokSun and DongRyong sang this in tutoring session. It's also the song when Taek is being cheered by his friends.

Ice Cream Love By Im ByeongSu / Hernan Im

This song is a Korean remake of Mexican song "Directo Al Corazon" of Luis Miguel

In 2008 the song is remade for LG Cyon Ice Cream Phone CF. The Song is sang by Kim TaeHee and Big Bang.

Songs From Episode 4

Song While Preparing /Grooming (JeongHwan washing his face, SeonWoo wearing wet shirt, DeokSun fitting tight pants) Before Tutoring Session.

Our Love By Yoo(Ryu) JaeHa, one of most influential artists in Korea.

This song is revived by group Super Junior in album Don't Don (2007)

Here's The English translation of the song :

When I hear the ringing sound of the phone
The sound of her voice
Unable to hide a longing heart
Courageously she called
The sun smiles, the moon smiles
It’s like they’re watching over our love
Feel it with your heart
How much I’m in your heart
Speak with those lips
For a long while
Saying that you’ve come to love me

Though we get angry over little things when we meet
We let go of the anger
I turn around and smile to myself
The birds whisper, the flowers whisper
Looks like they’re jealous of our love
Feel it with your heart
Speak with those lips
For a long while
The capacity of our love
Inside your eyes
The capacity of your love
My love overflows inside you
Feel it with your heart
Speak with those lips
For a long while

Song When JeongHwan's dad smiled after JeongHwan responded his greeting.

This is the song while JeongHwan is narrating.

Wherever You Stay By Cho (Jo) YongPil. one of the most influential artists in Korea.

I'm not too sure about Bora-Sun Woo, I mean everyone says they're a possibility but I'm not sure. Like his character description and everything points to him having a crush on Bora and it's totally understandable but he definitely was smiling at DS in episode 4. Plus I don't think he would think BR would send him candy as a gift either, so he definitely has some fond feelings for DS. The problem is more does he like DS or is he only being nice to her because she's his crushes little sister? I think the later is a possibility I mean the way he smiled at DS reminded me of how he treats JJ. But I think BR doesn't think of SW as a guy, it has a lot to do with the time period I suppose. I saw a possibility of JB and BR though, I mean she's usually so mean to people but despite JB being a NEET she was still very civil with him. 

I agree Taek may be on the autism spectrum by the way he acts but I'm not sure if the drama will go there. His dad acts like that too and I understand autism disorders tend to be genetic. I do wonder why he eats with his left hand as well, I guess it has to do with his professional career as well. I'm more worried about him losing the Go game, I hope his slump doesn't last for long. I can't imagine how lost he'll be if he has to stop playing...

As for Bora's involvement in democracy protest I think it was mentioned starting the first episode, so it will be a running theme I assume. Don't expect them to cut the story line because of the history book protests going on now. Actually I think they will be more inclined to keep it going than ever because it serves as a memory for the people of how far they have gotten and as encouragement for people to keep fighting for their rights. The series is known for it's nostalgic touch and it's timeless relevance, so I think the connection will bring up the ratings. I've watched a few dramas that covered the 80's protests in Korea and I've always been touched by them, so I'm looking forward to next week. 

I love episode 4!

I find Bora irritating but now I can understand her a bit better. I am also glad that they resolve the parents conflict by this episode(I was getting a bit bored of it). Since Junghwan's brother keep on using english(feels like he's trying to impress her) and even bring fruit juice(?) to Bora when she is teaching our main characters, I wonder does he like Bora.

tv Report - Naver: 'Reply 1988' Hyeri, Ryu Joon Yeol and Go Kyung Pyo's love triangle deepens, 'Who is the husband?'

1. [+13,971, -140] Ryu Joon Yeol's parts that made my heart flutter 1. His smile when he pointed out Hyeri's rice grain 2. His cute facial expression when Deok Sun was 'meowing'' 
3. His tendons at the bus

2. [+7,749, -139] Joon Yeol oppa is cool ㅠㅠ

3. [+6,111, -99] The bus scene made my heart flutter

4. [+4,866, -368] You never know if there's a twist. What if the husband is Doryungnyong?(salamander) ㅋㅋ

5. [+1,686, -39] I hope the husband is Jung Hwan.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ The bus scene made my heart stop.  His face was daebak when Deok Sun meowed ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+1,672, -48] Ryu Joon Yeol is sexy

7. [+1,564, -14] So touching when Jung Hwan finally played along with his dad's gag ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ And the photo with everyone looking happy in the end... Ah Reply's directing is so good ㅜㅜ

8. [+1,581, -111] I think Sun Woo likes Bora

9. [+891, -25] Jung Hwan's a charming character. Ryu Joon Yeol is looking to be Reply 88's chief beneficiary. I'm also really surprised at Hyeri's acting. She's cute and naturally good at it. All the characters are fun and delightful.

Nate

1. [+1,228, -12]  Jung Hwan playing along with his dad's gag got me all choked up~ Although he was upset,  it was funny when Kim Sung Kyun immediately sprung up to do his 'President Sung' gag when he thought Deok Sun came over ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1,075, -22] Did you guys see his tendons??? Oh my gosh

3. [+889, -31] I wish Bora ends up with Jung Bong and not with Sun Wooㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
 "You are welcome my frenjeu"ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+67, -1] Wow at Kim Sung Kyun's acting spectrum. He was a gangster in 'Nameless Gangster', a serial killer in 'The Neighbor', Samcheonpo in 'Reply 1994', a father in 'Reply 1988'. These characters are so different from one another but Kim Sung Kyun slays in all of them

5. [+42, -6] The bus scene.. What're you doing to my heart Joon Yeol-ahㅋㅋㅋㅋ

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/spoilers-awl-d-day-i-have-lover-my.html 

can someone give me the song played when all Sung family sat together in grandmother's home? I like this song so much. thank youuu

Do you mean 청춘 ("Youth")? The song is by Kim Feel, and is a remake of the song by the same name by Sanulrim from 1981.

thank u. such a beautiful song, i cried along when it played in that scene. it make me think about my grandmother. That's also the biggest reason I love Reply series

Guest beastrbae

12233382_961067290626687_2095795480_n.jp

My cap :D just crazy because of his eyes. i think he's very good actor. He's might not the husband but please give Taek more screen time 

I agree!! He can just relay his emotions to us viewers without even having to say much. Initially I was wondering why did they cast Bogum if they did not intend to put him as one of the strong contenders as the female lead's husband. I thought they might just let his talents go to waste but Bogum certainly nails the character Taek very well with such nuance.

Guest nchoerunnisa

Oh Goood... I loooooove these kids

That scene when they just barged in to Taek's room and made fun of him for being lost while everyone else was tiptoeing around him completely melt my heart. And I looove to see how they made Taek... yes the quite and expressionless Taek... laughed, cursed, and danced. It's so adorable how they never left Taek behind. With his personality and fame, he might be not the easiest person to be friend with. But they keep talking to him even though he barely answer, disturbing and ordering him around which is so sweet for me because I think we usually only do this to a close friend that we feel comfortable with.

And I love JH for catching up so fast when his dad upset. I thought he wouldn't notice it at all. But then he even tried to make up with his dad. That cute awkward moment when they were doing that gag cracked me up.

I never thought that SW will be this cryptic. I don't understand what's in his mind. Does he actually like BR like so many of you has said before or does he like DS? I don't think he likes DS though, but (maybe I will be the only one here) I really hope he won't end up with BR.

Archived