[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Providing an update on the detective game, or in my opinion who's the second lead game. For those who watched 1994 they know that the toys were a major hint then, seems like the story continues. Many fans (k fans and c fans) have noted colour scheme and to some extent the dolls in the characters rooms to be important. I'm not quite sure about which colours represent who but I'm fairly certain green is JH and red is SW. I'm a little confused about DS's colour and Taek's colour. I should be giving supporting evidence but I'm lazy.

My cap :D just crazy because of his eyes. i think he's very good actor. He's might not the husband but please give Taek more screen time 

I agree!! He can just relay his emotions to us viewers without even having to say much. Initially I was wondering why did they cast Bogum if they did not intend to put him as one of the strong contenders as the female lead's husband. I thought they might just let his talents go to waste but Bogum certainly nails the character Taek very well with such nuance.

Yah but then the guessing game makes it fun to continue the discussion lol.Because,it's quite evident from the line ups of each character that the obvious solution is jung hwan.However,when the if and buts come in question,we'd start making meaning out of these 'props'..Don't know if you get what I mean.

I actually didn't like Park Bo Gum at all in his previous drama (I Remember You). IMHO, he was overacting. But every time Taek appears on screen it feels like being punched in the gut. He is just so sad. I can only hope that he won't be a part of 'guess the husband' theme, because Jung Hwan is the husband and I don't  want to see Taek even more depressed than he already is. That would be too heartbreaking.

I actually didn't like Park Bo Gum at all in his previous drama (I Remember You). IMHO, he was overacting. But every time Taek appears on screen it feels like being punched in the gut. He is just so sad. I can only hope that he won't be a part of 'guess the husband' theme, because Jung Hwan is the husband and I don't  want to see Taek even more depressed than he already is. That would be too heartbreaking.

I would tend to agree with you even though there were some special moments in "I Remember You(/Hello Monster)" in which you could totally see the potential. All in the eyes and in the silences... He definitely has a special talent for acting without much communication. I want to see more of Taek, even if it means heartbreak: maybe that will bring him out of his shell a bit more? In order to suffer to have to experience something meaningful... No? That said, I don't want him to suffer too much either!!!

I came across an editorial photo of Go Kyung Poo (Sun Woo) & Ryu Hye Young (Bora) for Cosmopolitan Korea September 2015 to promote Reply 1988. I was wondering why the two of them would be paired up. If Sun Woo really is in a one sided love with Bora, then maybe that would explain the set up for the photo? :mellow:

tumblr_nwf9hzDFHi1rdbp0po1_1280.png

Is it just in my imagination or did jung hwan ever tell that he liked lee mi yeon? and that's why he's so furious when duk seon said her nick name is lee mi yeon?? I don't know, because he's still okay with DS  friends nicknames but not okay when DS said her nickname is Lee Mi Yeon. Pls tell me that's not in my imagination................PLS make it real. Because you know the adult hyeri is Lee Mi Yeon, so you know what i meannnn yess?

I searched from ep1 but still not find that scene, maybe it's just in my imagination........because I SHIP THEM HARD!

i ship DS and JH too hard! The scene on the bus really makes mee squeeeeeeee~ actually i love all the scene where jung hwan were in it.... i like him from the episode 0, i don't know why but Ryu Jun Yeol aura is so AMAZING that i can't ignore it!

It's like when i watched Reply 1994, that i wanted trash oppa to be the husband even when they still covered up his identity. And after the hospital scene, that scene sealed the deal that my love goes to Trash oppa. Same as the scene between JH and DS on the corridor, that scene sealed my love for JUNG HWAN and RYU JUN YEOL....if JH is not the husband then i will volunteer as her wife.

And their friendshipppp.....how i wish i have childhood friends like them.... i love all of them!

Can't wait for next week! Kyaaa~

Is it just in my imagination or did jung hwan ever tell that he liked lee mi yeon? and that's why he's so furious when duk seon said her nick name is lee mi yeon?? I don't know, because he's still okay with DS  friends nicknames but not okay when DS said her nickname is Lee Mi Yeon. Pls tell me that's not in my imagination................PLS make it real. Because you know the adult hyeri is Lee Mi Yeon, so you know what i meannnn yess?

I searched from ep1 but still not find that scene, maybe it's just in my imagination........because I SHIP THEM HARD!

i ship DS and JH too hard! The scene on the bus really makes mee squeeeeeeee~ actually i love all the scene where jung hwan were in it.... i like him from the episode 0, i don't know why but Ryu Jun Yeol aura is so AMAZING that i can't ignore it!

It's like when i watched Reply 1994, that i wanted trash oppa to be the husband even when they still covered up his identity. And after the hospital scene, that scene sealed the deal that my love goes to Trash oppa. Same as the scene between JH and DS on the corridor, that scene sealed my love for JUNG HWAN and RYU JUN YEOL....if JH is not the husband then i will volunteer as her wife.

And their friendshipppp.....how i wish i have childhood friends like them.... i love all of them!

Can't wait for next week! Kyaaa~

I think JH will (100%) be the husband. dont worry ;) But plz tell me where i can find ep0 with engsub?

http://bloggag.net/2015/11/12/응답하라-1988-러브라인-선우♥보라-빼박인-복선-ㅅㅍㅈ

Link to evidence for Bora x SW couple xD

His character profile says that he's had feelings for someone for 3 years?

Apparently the 3 years thing is a big clue?

1, Bora and SW are 3 years apart

2, Bora and SW both have/listen to Lee Seon Hee's 3rd album

3, When he's a third year in high school she'd be a third year in college (this is a bit... meh to me but it's listed in the link)

Also mentioned on another site is that their birthdays are 3 days apart and her birthday is on his dad's death anniversary (which again is a bit...)

i wouldn't say it's confirmed yet but it's pretty fun to look for hints xD

I think the four colors are white, green, red and yellow. (Taek's dolls in ep 1, Jung hwan's pin toys and Taek's birthday party hat have all of these colors) but I don't really know which presents whom lol

Somehow I love Taek but I don't have high hopes that he is the husband. It is like a 360 degrees change for him if he was the hubby.

I love the friendship that all 5 of them share and it is still early days so there should be more development and changes of feelings along the way.

Guest nchoerunnisa

I came across an editorial photo of Go Kyung Poo (Sun Woo) & Ryu Hye Young (Bora) for Cosmopolitan Korea September 2015 to promote Reply 1988. I was wondering why the two of them would be paired up. If Sun Woo really is in a one sided love with Bora, then maybe that would explain the set up for the photo? :mellow:

Hidden Content

No no no... I remember how happy I was when I saw beautiful photo shoot featuring Reply 1994 cast in Vogue Korea's December 2013 edition because Go Ara and Yoon Yeon Sook were set up as a pair... I was so excited thinking that maybe those photos had something to do with the story line... but actually in Reply series nobody would ever know where was the story going to, except for the writer and maybe PD and Director...

Seo In Guk even said that even when the script for the 15th episode of Reply 1997 came out all the cast member had no idea who the husband was. They even begged the director to reveal it, but he just wouldn't. You know, reply series occasionally teased us by revealing some part of husband's body like hand, shoulder, back part of his head, or blurred picture. Those scenes were filmed by all male roles alternately. So yeah, the production team was pretty secretive about the plot.

I would like it if this series also has 2 different  love stories like other Reply series. One with DS and JH and other with SW and Bora. I think while SW is nice to DS he seems like the type who prefers smarter girls.

I think the girls DS and Bora are going to cause quite a bit of struggle and angst to the boys SW and JH before the husband is decided. But I hope it more along the lines of Reply 1997 than 1994. I think there will be a scene where JH will confess like Yoon Jae did that will make DS realize her feelings.

11gn43t.png

The dolls in DS's bedroom! I only noticed because you guys have been pointing out colors! Taek is probably blue because he was sad this episode. JH might be green because he's looking at yellow, which is obviously the only girl, DS. SW is likely red because DS is looking at the red doll. And pink is obviously DR hahaha with the glasses.

Yeah. I think ıt was a scene. I remember in the EP 3.  Deuk Sun was introducing her friends with DR,JH,SW.

I think it is time the reply series did older woman and younger man pairings. Infact both e the previous 2 series had older guy and younger girl pairing so what better time to have a reverse than when Korea was more conservative?

http://i64.tinypic.com/11gn43t.png

The dolls in DS's bedroom! I only noticed because you guys have been pointing out colors! Taek is probably blue because he was sad this episode. JH might be green because he's looking at yellow, which is obviously the only girl, DS. SW is likely red because DS is looking at the red doll. And pink is obviously DR hahaha with the glasses.

Ah I love all those little details so characteristic of the Reply series! Awesome!!! :)

Guest perezosa83

So the dolls in Taek´s room are the red,yellow and green ones.We have the triangle here guys: JH-DS-SW. I have to say I thought in the first episode the husband might be SW or Taek because I was clueless and lots of you said so.But my heart felt JH was the one.Why?Well, they bicker a lot  and he was the only one that has been treated  differently be her. Even in the poster he is the only one with a different pose.And another detail,JH's father calls DS "his friend".She is very close to him.Writers don`t do that carelessly, they are showing us some kind of family boundary.He treats her like a daughter and in both replys, 1997 and 1994, the husband was like a son to the heroine's parents.This time is twisted but is the same clue..So that's my bet, JH.

By the way, if any of you could translate the character's description I'll be extremely happy.

So the dolls in Taek´s room are the red,yellow and green ones.We have the triangle here guys: JH-DS-SW. I have to say I thought in the first episode the husband might be SW or Taek because I was clueless and lots of you said so.But my heart felt JH was the one.Why?Well, they bicker a lot  and he was the only one that has been treated  differently be her. Even in the poster he is the only one with a different pose.And another detail,JH's father calls DS "his friend".She is very close to him.Writers don`t do that carelessly, they are showing us some kind of family boundary.He treats her like a daughter and in both replys, 1997 and 1994, the husband was like a son to the heroine's parents.This time is twisted but is the same clue..So that's my bet, JH.

By the way, if any of you could translate the character's description I'll be extremely happy.

Many DC gallers seem to believe that red is Taek, green is JH, and yellow is DS, and that this will be the true love triangle of this series.

They point out many instances where these colors appear.

1. In episode 1, the camera zooms in at the Chinese checkers in JH's room featuring these three colors, along with white.

2. During Taek's birthday, he wears a birthday hat with red, yellow and green polka dots.

3. In Episode 4, Taek hands the rubiks cube that he finished solving to JH. The camera zooms in on the rubik's cube, showing the red and green sides.

4. When JH gets leg cramp in Episode 4, the rubiks cube is on the floor in Taek's room. The rubiks cube shows yellow and red sides.

5. In the scene where JH's family is eating when they learn that they won the lottery, they are eating out of a pot that is yellow and green.

6. When DS's dad buys a gum from the old lady while eating at the pojangmacha, the camera zooms in on the gum. He buys two packets: yellow and green.

7. At the talent show during the field trip, the boys are dancing. If you take a look at the letters in the background, there's one in yellow with red background and another in yellow with green background.

There are many more examples they listed, but those are the ones that I remember from the top of my head.

Huhuhu..I'm getting so excited with all these Clues. Its fun knowing how fans think. I'm still waiting for subs,so I can understand better.

If the triangle is JH-DS-TK it would be fun because it would mean The writers are vying away from the obvious triangle. It doesn't mean Task is outta the race yet.

Archived