[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_inline_o0ruu9Q32m1qap9ye_500.jpg

[NEWS] Ryu Jun Yeol and Lee Dong Hwi confirmed to board on ‘Taxi'
To share, please go to this link: http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/137067849335/

News article by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please share with proper credits!
Do not translate to other languages without our permission.
Thank you! 

It has been revealed that two leads from TvN’s hit drama Reply 1988, Ryu Jun Yeol and Lee Dong Hwi, has been confirmed to appear on TvN’s ‘Taxi. The recording will take place in the afternoon of January 17th, 2016.

The airing of this episode has not been confirmed and other lead casts are still checking on their schedule. As for now, only these two has confirmed their appearance on the show.

Reply 1988 just aired their first two episodes (episodes 17 and 18) for this 2016 and although the drama came back from a two-week break, it garnered so much attention that it hit another milestone for cable dramas, peaking up to 20% viewer ratings for both episodes this week. With everyones’ eyes on the drama, people are also interested with the actors that made them fall in love with these Ssangmundong Alley characters and their 1988 story.

-------------

Can't wait for this to air!!! Hopefully we get more cast members to join and spill fun and embarrassing moments on and off cam!

What questions do you think will the hosts be asking these two?

Some examples in love from our dear older siblings

giphy_zpsyjvk9g6l.gif giphy%201_zps0vs1apzo.gif

Just go for it. Express your love while you can and before it’s too late. Your story is what you make it. BR and JB both knew who they wanted to be beside, and when the saw their chance, they took it, even if it meant relying on a 1% probability or an online chatroom meetup. The way JB wordlessly enveloped MO in a hug, and the way glassy eyed BR honestly and unabashedly said she missed SW was totally moving. 6 years ago they had to painfully say goodbye, but now that they're older and wiser, they can say hello to the start of a new love that is fiercer and stronger after withstanding the test of time.

I really appreciate the inclusion of older siblings in this season. While AM 97 did have TW, he wasn’t as prominent as JB and BR are now. I like that we get to see how these eldest siblings quietly know what’s going on with their parents and siblings. JB knew what JH was always trying to do for him, and so he gently told him to go after his own dreams. BR on the other hand, never really expected DS to understand what she did, but just lovingly patted her on the back when DS finally got a glimpse of the hardship her unni had to go through (giving us that DS-BR moment we've all been waiting for). 

giphy%203_zpsyyvo0xg7.gif giphy%202_zpszs5f8lmk.gif

27 minutes ago, theobrominebeagle said:

While AM 97 did have TW, he wasn’t as prominent as JB and BR are now. I like that we get to see how these eldest siblings quietly know what’s going on with their parents and siblings.

Yeah it seems they are learning from their mistakes..

Writernim you're genius!!! I'm trully madly deeply in love. This show make me hooked. Now my daily routine is stay awake all night read all of your wonderful posting, sneaking reading while I'm work and rewatch every time I have spare time. although this drowsiness make my eyes feel so heavy at my office but my mind is still wandering in reply 1988. Help i need Psychiatric...

the last episode " Goodbye, My First Love " rating :

AGB : 20% (peak) , 17.191% (Average)

TNMS : 16.2%

watch online :  91.1 %

so does it mean after the show end the fabulous boys from reply 1988 will visiting girls high school. and the wonderful girls from reply 1988 will visiting boys high school and prepare lunch for all the student? :w00t: 

I hope reply can reach an average of 20% in episode 19 and 20. Honestly, the story is great. There are some scenes that I felt were unnecessary and dragging but overall the storyline is great. And to see people actually so reactive to the show and even spend so much time writing essays(like me :D) and spotting clues just means that the production really did a good job in making their story engaging.

What I really, really want to happen next: I want to see that Dukseon for a long time notice Taek. That she likes him but somewhere along the way it simmered to a comfortable friendship. When he invited her to the movies in episode 6 that is when she started to think of him again. When they went to China that is where she got interested about his life as a baduk player. And when he put his head to her shoulder that is the first time she felt a pitter patter in her heart. Her feelings are not yet out, she is just very conscious of him but she started getting confuse when he cancelled on her. I also really, really want for Dukseon to confess to Taek. I want her to be the first one to tell about her feelings. And for Jungwhan to meet a girl that he can actively give his best. For DR to achieve his goal in life and for SW and BR to have their own happy ending. I also want DS parents to live somewhere nice.

Is it safe to come in? 

I felt pummelled left and right by the shippers...LOL..

I am also really interested in the continuation of Sun Woo and Bora's story. I loved her speech about that 1% and the sincerity shone through [Ryu Hye Young and Go Kyung Pyo just get together already!] I t also showed that even though they parted, again fate and timing dealt the hand and made it perfect. Much guts to Bora for her confession.

I can't bear the thought of watching Ep 18 because I will be sobbing like a madwoman (reading some of the comments I already know what has happened). I feel that more tears will be coming before Ep 20 airs. It's daunting for the writer and PD to film episodes which run for about one and a half hours each.  I would never blame the writer or the PD for the direction of the drama or the way each character is depicted. I don't believe a PD as meticulous as PD Shin will be careless in their plot and delivery. [I swear that I was still unsure of who Shi Won's husband was until he rounded the corner at the hospital HAHA!]

Not sure if I will watch Ep 19 to save me the heartbreak but Ep 20 - I will  be celebrating and reliving the end of an absolutely awesome drama. Who else wishes they could go for that concert in March :bawling:

ComicBook-App_zpsvki21hpm.jpg

Deputy Yoo is no more Deputy. :D

tumblr_o0sbom8Z2i1uavo0oo1_400.jpg

gaeddac (= actor Bae Yoo Ram, Deputy Yoo in baduk center) 
I was promoted to Manager and I got a stewardess girlfriend. Actually I am the #RealWinner
#Reply1988 #R1988 now I'm not #DeputyYoo I'm #MangerYoo #VeryHighSpeedDating

ryusdb(=Ryu Jun Yeol) Stop it, already enough

gaeddac @ryusdb Sorry. I'll cool down myself. I forgot for a moment.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Seems a hotel scene. New baduk match? or a wedding? or whatever. Who is the thumb on the left? Maybe he should not expose himself?

There is a detailed filming info in the hotel from today(Jan.11~) to tomorrow.
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=595468&page=2&exception_mode=recommend

According to this paper, it's likely to be ex-Deputy now-Manager Yoo's wedding. But looking at the instagram photo, isn't it like China? The manager ajussi's clothes is too casual to be in a wedding.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=595718&page=2&exception_mode=recommend

"There was  a filming on last Saturday(Jan.9) at my mom's restaurant. Taek and Junghwan's conversation scene."

On 1/11/2016 at 1:43 AM, theobrominebeagle said:

Some examples in love from our dear older siblings

Just go for it. Express your love while you can and before it’s too late. Your story is what you make it. BR and JB both knew who they wanted to be beside, and when the saw their chance, they took it, even if it meant relying on a 1% probability or an online chatroom meetup. The way JB wordlessly enveloped MO in a hug, and the way glassy eyed BR honestly and unabashedly said she missed SW was totally moving. 6 years ago they had to painfully say goodbye, but now that they're older and wiser, they can say hello to the start of a new love that is fiercer and stronger after withstanding the test of time.

I really appreciate the inclusion of older siblings in this season. While AM 97 did have TW, he wasn’t as prominent as JB and BR are now. I like that we get to see how these eldest siblings quietly know what’s going on with their parents and siblings. JB knew what JH was always trying to do for him, and so he gently told him to go after his own dreams. BR on the other hand, never really expected DS to understand what she did, but just lovingly patted her on the back when DS finally got a glimpse of the hardship her unni had to go through (giving us that DS-BR moment we've all been waiting for). 

When I watched both couple broke, I thought: Oh! It's nonsense they were so much in love and now they are separate?  But in te episode 18 I understand something, maybe it's the way to tell us, in a drama it doesn't máster How many obstacles they can find, you always can unite they again for timing or fate, that two couple were reunited by fate, so JH will do too, like in Forest Gump. If She was so happy today why two 2 hours episodes more? They need to separate and reunited again, when you will be sure they can make it, in that moment they won't make it. Something like, Oh if He arrives at concert in time, they will be a Happy couple...NO. If He confess She would be soo happy that they will be together forever...NO. It isn't so easy, She has to decide and suffer too, like in R97 Eun jin, and R94 Trash, they received all the love, but when they realizad it and wanted to love his parte too, it was so dificult to them YYJ ignore her a lot of years until they meet again; and NJ "were" with CB... so They had to make up with them and confess his love too.

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

5 hours ago, dinhie said:

it's not really smoking scene. Husband use "smoking" to excuse himself. We're not really seen him smoking

Exactly. It was never shown the husband physically smoking. This scene can go both ways. For all we know, the writer can decide to add a line by 2015/16 DS: you don't smoke. And then husband laughs sheepishly (insert goat sound)

Theories running wild hahaha

The end is near. I'm feeling sad its ending. The past few weeks and months i was totally invested in the story. From the otp5 interactions, family storylines, relationships, the ups and downs of youth, and a lot more (too much to list down all) got me hooked. The husband hunting is fun and kept the story interactive, it kept the fans excited clue hunting and coming up with all sorts of theories. But overall, the whole series is heartwarming, true to life, relatable, fun, sad and in all its goodness very well written and presented. Kudos to the reply production team, writer and actors/actresses! Please make more reply series. I am sure i'll watch and rant and join the husband hunting then also kekeke. 

On 1/11/2016 at 1:30 AM, syaiira said:

Some eagle eyed knetz are saying that this a Bride and Groom doll set.

Now there are several versions of the doll which you can try to google but I'll just post them here for you...

Notice how the colors are always consistent? Groom is blue and Bride is green. Which we can also see from the zoomed in picture.

So i guess that is how they managed to figure out that those 2 dolls in Taek's room might be one of these dolls.

Which brings me to this point.... could this be a hint? Who knows....

Analysis that i brought here in the main thread. Important because this wedding doll hints had also happened to trash and najung's scenes on reply 1994. DC gallery had pointed that out three years ago, and correct me if i'm wrong but I read that the pd said that he didn't realize that fans would notice this during 1994? 

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

So far we have JH’s POV, the way he hurt, blame himself for being late, all things he had done for DS so I can get why people feel bad for him.

But I think everyone just unfair to Taek. He also love DS for a long time, step back because of JH, time flies but he just stand there watching DS dates another guy. And this guy was introduced by the girl from Baduk centre. I cant imagine how much Taek hurt. I really want to see flash back the scene when he knew that hurtful fact for the first time.

I bet after Taek found out that DS was dumbed by that guy, he left as soon as possible, he didn’t care about the up coming game, his career. He just couldn’t stand to see her alone in the concert. And I guess he came there by car, so how he parked, we all know how Taek’s skill at parking. And the way he totally couldn’t breath, just had silly smile when he finally stood in front of DS. 

So I really hope we’ll  have Taek’s POV that we can see how much he had through. All the chance he got, it’s not thank to luck for sure.

On 1/10/2016 at 9:48 PM, saturn. said:

Jung Bong is a room captain of a quiz group in PC communication. His nickname is James Bond.
First quiz is about gloves.

2nd quiz, 1st clue is space tour. But 'Memories of Maggie' said the correct answer right away, 'Blue Marble'. Jung Bong is surprised.

So he suggests a meeting, at Jong Ro. The 'memories of Maggie' recognizes the meaning of Jong Ro right away again, and even makes sure which floor. That's how Jung Bong and Mi Ok could meet again.

Thannkkk you for this. Finally I can understand how they met again :heart::heart:

Archived