[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Despite all argument, reason why JH/TK should be the husband and secret meaning behind some scene or line. I just wonder how can you make your coment in this forums became hidden and you have to click that "reveal hidden contents" to see the coment. Cuz i want to make it too. It looks cool anyway. Hee... 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, athie_aza said:

Despite all argument, reason why JH/TK should be the husband and secret meaning behind some scene or line. I just wonder how can you make your coment in this forums became hidden and you have to click that "reveal hidden contents" to see the coment. Cuz i want to make it too. It looks cool anyway. Hee... 

click the "eye"

pFXpz35.png

a box will appear, write inside it 

oh my... I avoided the forum for good reason... but the devil lurks in me, I want to know if anyone had given any clues... hahaha

there's going to be virtual blood bath next week, for who ever it is...yikes.... :crazy:

Aside from this week's 'hot topic' I kept wondering why 2015 Dukseon is doing all these interviews, for whom?

she said that she's doing this because her sister asked her to, I wondered if its related to Bora becoming someone famous, or Sunwoo became famous (its okay to say that SunWoo and Bora are a sealed deal right??)

If Dong Ryong became famous (I always thought he became CEO of an entertainment company or something) it doesn't make sense if they're only interviewing DeokSun and not the whole gang.

It couldn't be for Junghwan too... well unless if Junghwan became the youngest general in Korean Air force history

Maybe it's for Taek? but..... then again... why does Bora has to ask for Doksun favor (unless its because Taek is Bora's brother in law), but if 2015 husband is Taek, why is all the interview attention seems to be 'away' from him who is clearly the highest interesting character possible for 2015 interview

Maybe Dokseon became someone famous after she quit her stewardess job.... a writer maybe? remembering when Bora read her diary (in Ep.2) and her quotes from DS diary are very poetic...:D

Now that we have 1994 cameo, I wonder how 1997 will cameo... maybe Yoon Jae will be Bora's junior prosecutor, or the PD behind the interview is Shi Won.

Thoughts on JH's confession video clip

I think the reason why JH joked around after his heart warming confession is because he's waiting DS to respond but eventually she went blank. Thus, to save them from awkward situation, he immediately make DR as an excuse.

I assume that DS went blank, because she was waiting for him to confess for a freaking long time. I guess she's still having her moment but all of a sudden JH cut it off and made it as a joke. Remember that DS already know that JH like her because of he did not want her to go on a blind date. So, Deok Sun's reaction is either basically a wish finally come true kind of moment or as what I've seen also with previous posts here, a 'moved on' kind of face reaction. 

Yes, I am also frustrated with the joke because my emotion was played around. However, admit it or not, we were also JH once in our lives. 

TK or JH? Well, i will wait as the story unfolds and find out the reason for all the happenings. I will be definitely happy for the other and will surely cry for another. 

the future husband said it took him ten years (basically, a very long time) for him to speak informally to noeul and we can see from episode 18 on how junghwan speaks to him (in the flashback when junghwan wanted to give the gloves to DS during Christmas)

AND PLUS, remember on episode 16, when JB was folding the paper cranes for Man Ok and he called her "Miss Man Ok" and Junghwan was like, "What do you mean, Miss? Just speak informally with her!"

the husband has been decided since the beginning with all the clues lying around all the episodes and the pd and writers were obiously lying when they released an article saying they've not decided on who the husband is. 

#teamtaek here. hehe. :blush:

Jung Bong is a room captain of a quiz group in PC communication. His nickname is James Bond.
First quiz is about gloves.
tumblr_o0qm1s1ub61uavo0oo2_500.jpg

2nd quiz, 1st clue is space tour. But 'Memories of Maggie' said the correct answer right away, 'Blue Marble'. Jung Bong is surprised.
tumblr_o0qm1s1ub61uavo0oo1_540.jpg

So he suggests a meeting, at Jong Ro. The 'memories of Maggie' recognizes the meaning of Jong Ro right away again, and even makes sure which floor. That's how Jung Bong and Mi Ok could meet again.
tumblr_o0qm1s1ub61uavo0oo3_500.jpg

After ep18, I can't get out of this song, 'Empty Heart' by Lee Sung Hwan. It's his debut song.

Spoiler

tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo8_1280.jpg

I have the same tape :D I searched and found it after ep18, but couldn't play it, :( because I have no cassette player any more.  (Then why am I keeping tapes?) I don't remember when I bought it.

The room looks peaceful, but nobody is happy.

Spoiler

tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo7_1280.jpg

Their empty faces, empty eyes plus the song 'Empty heart' broke my heart.

Sunwoo is holding purple(bora) pillow.

Spoiler

tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo1_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo2_500.jpg

tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo5_500.jpg
tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo6_500.jpg
tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo3_500.jpg

It's like they are locked in the frame of friendship.

Spoiler

tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo4_1280.jpg

Plus, the abandoned ring after Junghwan's confession. :(

Spoiler

tumblr_o0qniv7jtE1uavo0oo9_r1_500.jpg

Wait wait wait, children. 
So JH confessed, then looked at DR and said "Is that good, moron? You said this was your wish." (trans from DB). Basically he never said he was joking, he confessed like DR wanted him to but everyone thought he was playing around. Right? So, that wasn't a fake confession.. It's only SW-DR who played it off. I'm just confused about that part.. :/

Anyhoo, Idk about others but even if JH is the husband, i think i'll still be slightly bitter. Because they are playing us real bad. I mean, if this episode really was goodbye from jh, then doesn't it automatically reveal that taek is the husband? Why the suspense for last 2 eps?
That's the only light i see as a jh-ds shipper lol. Honestly everything points to Taek and some things still point to JH. So.. We'll see lol.
But Reply series randomly brings in a girl towards the end (like the doctor who went on to become Tae Woong's wife) and there was that female celebrity fan of Taek in ep18. Saw a lot of people say she'll end up with Taek. Hmmm, interesting.

Btw, as far as I understand, except JH, everyone else was still based in Seoul (when they were students), right?  Blue_angel had mentioned that the air force campus is somewhere far from Seoul. The gang did meet when they were students too, right? So, JH must have known that Taek goes on blind dates all the time. I mean, wasn't that big enough oppurtunity to confess? 
Why did he wait soooo long and only decide to confess after seeing cheating cheaterson at the theater? I've a lot of questions lol.

Does anyone see the similarity in Yoon Jae's confession scene and Jung Hwan's? 
YJ was full of spite and anger but JH was full of hopelessness. YJ had decided to never see Shi Won again and I sorta wonder if that's JH's motive too. To finally confess and never see her again? He's in air force, his posting is nowhere near Seoul (I think) and he confessed the night before the day he was supposed to leave. Dude breaks my heart :'(

On a side note, I don't understand why people are bashing viewers who say they don't find (some parts of) the story satisfactory. If a major chunk of viewers are unsatisfied (I don't mean this by the usual shipping wars, i mean the story-telling process) or feel some parts were random or if the time-skip felt disconnected.. I think that is something to look into rather than blindly praise just because the franchise is known to do great work. Bashing Lee Woo Jung is, of course, unnecessary but i feel the team has been very...indecisive. Somehow i feel they should have done a 16-eps drama because there was a lot of dragging for, like, 4-5 episodes and felt like they didn't have enough material/didn't know what to do. I personally felt the time-skip didn't fit right. Was also thinking we're done with the parents' problems but I guess not. Oh well, we still have 180 minutes left.

10 minutes ago, nikkisjs said:

Wait wait wait, children. 
So JH confessed, then looked at DR and said "Is that good, moron? You said this was your wish." (trans from DB). Basically he never said he was joking, he confessed like DR wanted him to but everyone thought he was playing around. Right? So, that wasn't a fake confession.. It's only SW-DR who played it off. I'm just confused about that part.. :/

Anyhoo, Idk about others but even if JH is the husband, i think i'll still be slightly bitter. Because they are playing us real bad. I mean, if this episode really was goodbye from jh, then doesn't it automatically reveal that taek is the husband? Why the suspense for last 2 eps?
That's the only light i see as a jh-ds shipper lol. Honestly everything points to Taek and some things still point to JH. So.. We'll see lol.
But Reply series randomly brings in a girl towards the end (like the doctor who went on to become Tae Woong's wife) and there was that female celebrity fan of Taek in ep18. Saw a lot of people say she'll end up with Taek. Hmmm, interesting.

Btw, as far as I understand, except JH, everyone else was still based in Seoul (when they were students), right?  Blue_angel had mentioned that the air force campus is somewhere far from Seoul. The gang did meet when they were students too, right? So, JH must have known that Taek goes on blind dates all the time. I mean, wasn't that big enough oppurtunity to confess? 
Why did he wait soooo long and only decide to confess after seeing cheating cheaterson at the theater? I've a lot of questions lol.

Does anyone see the similarity in Yoon Jae's confession scene and Jung Hwan's? 
YJ was full of spite and anger but JH was full of hopelessness. YJ had decided to never see Shi Won again and I sorta wonder if that's JH's motive too. To finally confess and never see her again? He's in air force, his posting is nowhere near Seoul (I think) and he confessed the night before the day he was supposed to leave. Dude breaks my heart :'(

On a side note, I don't understand why people are bashing viewers who say they don't find (some parts of) the story satisfactory. If a major chunk of viewers are unsatisfied (I don't mean this by the usual shipping wars, i mean the story-telling process) or feel some parts were random or if the time-skip felt disconnected.. I think that is something to look into rather than blindly praise just because the franchise is known to do great work. Bashing Lee Woo Jung is, of course, unnecessary but i feel the team has been very...indecisive. Somehow i feel they should have done a 16-eps drama because there was a lot of dragging for, like, 4-5 episodes and felt like they didn't have enough material/didn't know what to do. I personally felt the time-skip didn't fit right. Was also thinking we're done with the parents' problems but I guess not. Oh well, we still have 180 minutes left.

i don't  think he ran to DS to confess.  He just ran there because he knew she was stood up and he had wanted to be there for her.  Just like Taek but Taek was there first. 

57 minutes ago, heyyyitsgs20 said:

the future husband said it took him ten years (basically, a very long time) for him to speak informally to noeul and we can see from episode 18 on how junghwan speaks to him (in the flashback when junghwan wanted to give the gloves to DS during Christmas)

AND PLUS, remember on episode 16, when JB was folding the paper cranes for Man Ok and he called her "Miss Man Ok" and Junghwan was like, "What do you mean, Miss? Just speak informally with her!"

the husband has been decided since the beginning with all the clues lying around all the episodes and the pd and writers were obiously lying when they released an article saying they've not decided on who the husband is. 

#teamtaek here. hehe. :blush:

Good point there!  I remember reading a couple of pages back about the informal speech, but since there were never scenes of JH and Taek talking directly to No Eul, hence no confirmation.  But episode 18 really showed JH talking to No Eul, and he's using informal speech already.  

And DS specifically on episode 17 gave me hope for Taek.   Her mooning over the cancellation, waiting for him and just trying to spend time with Taek, even though Taek is really out of sorts already.  It just seems it's the answer to DR's point, her liking Taek without any "he likes me" cloud hanging over her feelings.  

And my take on episode 18, JH just took himself out of the game by chalking up the confession as a joke.  I felt that, him witnessing Taek arriving before him in front of DS, he kinda knew that it maybe time to let go.  And somehow the only way he thought of letting out his emotions without the possible awkward repercussion to their friendship, would be to that way.  But then again, this is Reply series we are talking about.  

But still..... #teamtaek here as well

:blush:

15 hours ago, st4rdust said:

For dear fellow drama viewers who have all been watching this together... here is a hopefully humorous time line based how I understood the development of this love story...
For me, the husband endgame had been decided quite a while back... 

Feel free to disregard it, but its just for a laugh... If you want to create your own MVP list so we can compare, I would love to see it too! The interactivity of this drama is a huge point for what drew me to it... I love that we all got to discuss viewpoints, notes and even learn about scripts etc... 

How many MVPs had been created to make the current situation up to Ep18 ...

I present to you: 

MVPs of 1988 - DS x TK ver OTP [ not necessarily endgame for the end, just saying ]

Spoiler

Ep0: SW omma : If she didn't make that phonecall, you wouldn't even be with them now. That's right. Let your appa marry her!

Ep4: DS Appa: Talk about creating opportunities for your daughter to spend a day with the busy Choi Taek 6 dan!! *CONCENTRAAATE*

Ep6: Good thing you don't only depend on other people to create opportunities... If only you remembered that you needed sleep before a date....

Ep7: What if your friend's own brother is against him?? Manito? Secret Santa? Gloves or mittens? Who cares? When DS just want an excuse to wait for you!

Ep 8 : I queued for an hour to get all of us those movie tickets, seki ya!!

Ep 9 : When your own dad ALMOST DIES to help you out... you don't waste the chance!! 

Ep10: When your good buddy runs away to the beach, Bora decides to abandon one of you, and Sun woo suggests to make it two.....

You have ALOT OF FUN !! That's what...

Ep11: when your future omma sends you your secret love, please don't elbow her again just to keep her by your side... 

Ep12: This is how you turn lemons into lemonade... You lose some....you gain ALOT....

Ep12: Your buddy has free tickets for pork cutlet, you make sure you win your match quickly to go .... yes...for cutlets... what else would you go for?

Ep12: Make sure you are around to protect the girl you love, its ok, you can totally pretend you just needed a smoke....

Ep13: Thank Bora for driving her to study in your house... Now go, enjoy breakfast...

Ep13: Give her the BEST FREE THING from your tournament. But next time, please let her know what it is.

Ep14: Call on her, with everyone's favourite fruit!  ( viv, hafu.... stop it...what are you thinking right now...)

Ep14: DR points your girl in the right direction... Yes DS...WHO DO YOOOOU LIKE??

Ep14: Invite her back to your room..... TO TALK....TALK.... about very...very...serious stuff...

Ep16: Ask her out for a date, but CANCEL. So you can start to drive her crazy.... YUP... that's the way... 

Ep17: The universe has worked very very hard to create this chance.... Not to mention your buddy has to suffer with garlic... 

Ep 17: You need the theory..... but you need to practice too.... 

Ep18: When a jerk appears by your girl, you THROW your game and just RUUUUUN TO HER.... Good job Taekie!!

Hide contents

CONCLUSION: YOU HAVE HAD A LOT OF HELP FROM EVERYONE AROUND YOU TAEK AH.... BUT GOOD THING YOU DID ALOT OF THESE WORK YOURSELF TOO!! 

Now just make sure DR gets to live comfortably for the rest of his life. YOU OWE HIM.

Masterful.

Totally agree.

To me the die was in episode 2 and I never saw anything that changed it. 

More than change it was a natural progression [to mix metaphors] their relationship went from caterpillar to pupa to  butterfly

I would add DS has already told Taek her intention towards him early in the drama. Parapharase "Drink your milk. Grow up quick and marry me. From patting your behind I can see you are growing well and well will have great fun together."

DS has stated her intentions of marrying Taek to the group. Paraphrase  [you break you buy] "I broke his head and made him better. I will take responsibility. I will take him home. I consider it a good bargain--I win on this deal on claiming our slightly chipped --barely noticable really--Taekie"

Take then accepted her [technically] public proposal letting everyone know he was fine with her owning him. "I like her. Yeah. I like DS. I like her not as a friend but as a woman. I want her to have my slightly chipped self"

Taek's father has accepted the marriage. He ceeded responsibility for Taek's care and wellbeing to DS  early on. "Send DS with Taek to China.  It isn't as if she is studying. I mean she would be good at taking care of Taek."

Papa Choi saw what none of the others adults saw or children saw, the yin/yang completion that DS and Taek gave to each other. One excelled in theorethical/academic knowledge and the other excelled in real world practical knowledge. The guy who couldn't (would) plug in an electric kettle and the girl who couldn't (wouldn't) study. Over time each developed skills in the area they were lacking to function independently but still suffered some deficit--[*cant park on an empty street*] but they are still yin to the other's yang

DS parents clamor for the marriage early on. "We claim Choi Taek as our son-in-law" See guys. Done deal.  Only thing left to do is sign the paper.

I think there are more examples of people talking (joking) about DS and Taek marrying--but I can't rewatch 18 episodes right now.

23 minutes ago, sheza said:

i don't  think he ran to DS to confess.  He just ran there because he knew she was stood up and he had wanted to be there for her.  Just like Taek but Taek was there first. 

Well, he was narrating about fate and timing while returning. So, I assumed he went to be with her and confess :/

That reminds me.. how did Taek know about DS being stood up at the concert?  

2 minutes ago, nikkisjs said:

Well, he was narrating about fate and timing while returning. So, I assumed he went to be with her and confess :/

That reminds me.. how did Taek know about DS being stood up at the concert?  

Think it was mentioned by some here that it is through Taek's connections that DS knew the guy.  

Have been a lurker on R1988 thread and Suntaek thread, and here I am trying to join the fun on forums.

I am on Team Taek but i'm fine (well, a little heartbroken:tears:) if the end game is jungwan. What annoyed me is the fact that some people says Taek was a poor choice for deoksun since he's a baby that needs caring and only focus on Baduk. Like please, Taek can take care of his friends and family too! He protect Deoksun, help Junghwan's father and his instructor, and take care of himself well when he has baduk matches. Every character in this series were designed uniquely, and that clumsiness is just one of Taek's flaws. Junghwan indecisiveness is one of his flaws, and it's a shame if his love story end like this. Please give everyone their own happy ending and good partner, writer nim!

I'm on this ship because I was TeamChilbong on R1994. Since episode 6, I feel Taek is a lot like Chilbong, by the way he express his love. ((I guess direct and nice guys were just my types hahaha)). But the narration Junghwan gives in the concert scene about how cruel fate is feels like the one Chilbong said when Najung meet Trash on the elevator, on R1994 episode 19. So I thought Taek maaaaayyy be the endgame.

I hope all R1988 fans wouldn't blame the writer though if the end game was Taek. Let's just enjoy the ride of one of the most amazing family drama we've ever watch!

Archived