[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

There is a rumor spreading about Park Bogum is dating Jang Nara. Bogum keeps telling about noona noona noona and Jang Nara keeps telling about  너를 기억해.

I think the reporter also need a 'good timing' to prove about the relationship like they are trying hard to not being mean towards him because he has just enjoyed the popularity...............

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reply series is honestly the best franchise ever, the casts are so good at playing their character and the family is so heartwarming too!! But i feel now everyone is on edge and too focus on our love triangle(same goes for me, our unmoving bermudas triangle) Honestly speaking I was originally very confidence that Jungpal is the endgame  but as the series goes on I was like wow maybe there is chance for Taek too (i really enjoy watching his character). At this point, is really 50:50 for both of them. Right now either one of them being the husband is okay with me. In r1994, I was rooting for chilbong and honestly I was so blind because Najung is dead set for Trash. But the series is honestly 50:50. It's up to Dukseon. 

But i have my two cents on yesterday episode

People complain about how DS get easily distracted during jungpal's 'fake' confession (how i wish he didnt say it was a joke and I was frustated at DS acting that way).Well i just want to say we need to put ourselves as DS, I get that Jungpal likes DS since elementary school and the alley scene is just him confirming his real feeling towards DS. BUT, we need to think of how she feels. She wanted to hear that confession years ago when they were 18 years old. If i were her, i will not know how to react to this too especially in front of the guys. And guys DS is always so distracted with everything, there is still so much hope for jungpal. 
And about timing, yap Jungpal likes DS for the longest time but in my opinion timing isn't everything. We shouldn't assume how much someone likes/loves someone based on timing because people change, that's why married couple get divorce right? Anyways, I think yesterday episode was about Jungpal realising that there is no one to blame but himself, he always try to make everyone around him happy by putting their happiness before his (omg how can i not love this guy, I was so touch by the fact he wanted to achieve jungbong's dream). Jungpal always hesitate, he always. Not just for Taek but even when he thinks SW likes DS, he hesitated too. 

Lastly for Taek, I failed to realised that he was the most considerate out of all of them until recently. I think i saw someone pointed out it before like how Taek accompany DS's dad to drink, when he say 'even if its a small surgery, as mom she will still be worried' and the interview too. There's a few things that goes unnotice by me until recently when I re-watch the episodes. 

YOU SEE I LOVE BOTH OF THEM AND THE DEPTH OF THEIR CHARACTERS. So whoever is not the husband will be equally pitiful in my opinion. There is no one to blame but SHIN PD. That troll king

i don't know why but I'm thinking jungpal may not really get dukseon in the end..

the title of the latest episode is 'goodbye first love' and that episode focus so much on jungpal failing to get dukseon before taek at the concert and also those talk on fate and timing..

lastly the laugh-through-it-confession that was not taken 'seriously'... seem to match the episode's title..

and jungpal's eye-expression make u really feel like its over - 'goodbye first love' T_T

20 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

Good point there!  I remember reading a couple of pages back about the informal speech, but since there were never scenes of JH and Taek talking directly to No Eul, hence no confirmation.  But episode 18 really showed JH talking to No Eul, and he's using informal speech already.  

And DS specifically on episode 17 gave me hope for Taek.   Her mooning over the cancellation, waiting for him and just trying to spend time with Taek, even though Taek is really out of sorts already.  It just seems it's the answer to DR's point, her liking Taek without any "he likes me" cloud hanging over her feelings.  

And my take on episode 18, JH just took himself out of the game by chalking up the confession as a joke.  I felt that, him witnessing Taek arriving before him in front of DS, he kinda knew that it maybe time to let go.  And somehow the only way he thought of letting out his emotions without the possible awkward repercussion to their friendship, would be to that way.  But then again, this is Reply series we are talking about.  

But still..... #teamtaek here as well

:blush:

I see.  That means all clues are more or less confirmed that it points to Taek?  In that case ep 19 and 20 will be spent on how Taek and DS' relationship will evolve to the current adult manner. Because they have to bring out all the hidden clues into clarity.  Not everyone of us are such great analyst like some of you here!  Anyway, I trust the writer and the PD and look forward to showing us their masterful craft.  

2 minutes ago, 88olympics said:

This reply series is honestly the best franchise ever, the casts are so good at playing their character and the family is so heartwarming too!! But i feel now everyone is on edge and too focus on our love triangle(same goes for me, our unmoving bermudas triangle) Honestly speaking I was originally very confidence that Jungpal is the endgame  but as the series goes on I was like wow maybe there is chance for Taek too (i really enjoy watching his character). At this point, is really 50:50 for both of them. Right now either one of them being the husband is okay with me. In r1994, I was rooting for chilbong and honestly I was so blind because Najung is dead set for Trash. But the series is honestly 50:50. It's up to Dukseon. 

But i have my two cents on yesterday episode

People complain about how DS get easily distracted during jungpal's 'fake' confession (how i wish he didnt say it was a joke and I was frustated at DS acting that way).Well i just want to say we need to put ourselves as DS, I get that Jungpal likes DS since elementary school and the alley scene is just him confirming his real feeling towards DS. BUT, we need to think of how she feels. She wanted to hear that confession years ago when they were 18 years old. If i were her, i will not know how to react to this too especially in front of the guys. And guys DS is always so distracted with everything, there is still so much hope for jungpal. 
And about timing, yap Jungpal likes DS for the longest time but in my opinion timing isn't everything. We shouldn't assume how much someone likes/loves someone based on timing because people change, that's why married couple get divorce right? Anyways, I think yesterday episode was about Jungpal realising that there is no one to blame but himself, he always try to make everyone around him happy by putting their happiness before his (omg how can i not love this guy, I was so touch by the fact he wanted to achieve jungbong's dream). Jungpal always hesitate, he always. Not just for Taek but even when he thinks SW likes DS, he hesitated too. 

Lastly for Taek, I failed to realised that he was the most considerate out of all of them until recently. I think i saw someone pointed out it before like how Taek accompany DS's dad to drink, when he say 'even if its a small surgery, as mom she will still be worried' and the interview too. There's a few things that goes unnotice by me until recently when I re-watch the episodes. 

YOU SEE I LOVE BOTH OF THEM AND THE DEPTH OF THEIR CHARACTERS. So whoever is not the husband will be equally pitiful in my opinion. There is no one to blame but SHIN PD. That troll king

i get what u mean.. i have that slight feeling too when DS was similing slightly when Jungpal was confessing..

the slight smile make me feel like she is thinking 'this jungpal, finally confessed to me..' - perhaps a slight delight in her as well.. i hope so..... 

in my Biased Opinion on JH public confession

Why Confess

- He had withdrawn from a game only he knew (and maybe DS suspects) he was playing and he wanted to have a record of the fact that he had played.

- It was a gift (in a way to DS) affirming that she wasn't crazy during that time when they were teenagers and thought he liked her. He wanted her to know that while she might have felt his interest was short-lived, it wasn't. It survive high school and continued into the academy

- There was and is always a kernal of hope that she would say, "you had me from Yah!"

- He had carried a gift of love for her for years and it was hers, so it was only right that he give it to her.

Why Public [remember they had extended private time in the car on the ride over when if he wanted an honest answer he could have told her then.]

- By doing it in public that way it would not disrupt their current relationship.

-It made it possible to nullfy what he had said.

-His friends would know.  JH confession was a variation on Taek's confession when they were in high school Taek confessed to the three friends when DS was not in the room. JH confessed to the three friends with Taek was not in the room. In both cases the person most important to the confesser was absent from the confession. LOL

1 hour ago, heyyyitsgs20 said:

the future husband said it took him ten years (basically, a very long time) for him to speak informally to noeul and we can see from episode 18 on how junghwan speaks to him (in the flashback when junghwan wanted to give the gloves to DS during Christmas)

AND PLUS, remember on episode 16, when JB was folding the paper cranes for Man Ok and he called her "Miss Man Ok" and Junghwan was like, "What do you mean, Miss? Just speak informally with her!"

the husband has been decided since the beginning with all the clues lying around all the episodes and the pd and writers were obiously lying when they released an article saying they've not decided on who the husband is. 

#teamtaek here. hehe. :blush:

It's like a drama series reading comprehension/logic/algegra word  SAT/GRE/LSAT question where you must play close attention for 30 plus hours then answer the one question Who is the husband? Please show all works, refer to specific moments in the text that support your viewpoints, be sure to acknowledge counterarguments and explain why they have no impact on the outcome. :P

52 minutes ago, nikkisjs said:

Wait wait wait, children. 
So JH confessed, then looked at DR and said "Is that good, moron? You said this was your wish." (trans from DB). Basically he never said he was joking, he confessed like DR wanted him to but everyone thought he was playing around. Right? So, that wasn't a fake confession.. It's only SW-DR who played it off. I'm just confused about that part.. :/

Anyhoo, Idk about others but even if JH is the husband, i think i'll still be slightly bitter. Because they are playing us real bad. I mean, if this episode really was goodbye from jh, then doesn't it automatically reveal that taek is the husband? Why the suspense for last 2 eps?
That's the only light i see as a jh-ds shipper lol. Honestly everything points to Taek and some things still point to JH. So.. We'll see lol.
But Reply series randomly brings in a girl towards the end (like the doctor who went on to become Tae Woong's wife) and there was that female celebrity fan of Taek in ep18. Saw a lot of people say she'll end up with Taek. Hmmm, interesting.

Sorry to cut your post but yes! I agree that JH wasn't joking. He just led them to think it was a joke. It's unfortunate that his buddies couldn't pick up his feeling but it was really awkward so they probably dismiss the 'fulfilling DR's wish' part as a joke to ease the tension. Still, I really don't think he intends anyone to understand him. Maybe he just wanted to say it out and end this first love.

And that highlighted portion? That's really the main reason that gave me hope since yesterday. haha.  

Be it JH or Taek, I hope that if they are going to bring in a random girl for the other guy, she will be good. I didn't watch Reply 1994 so i can't tell but the doctor in Reply 1997 got my thumb up because she's smart and she's TVXQ fan. Ok, random comment. Ignore me. :P 

Regarding the future husband saying that it took him 10 years to speak informally to Noeul, I knew someone will point this out when they showed JH telling Noeul to pass the gift to DS. Actually I always thought it was meant to be a sarcastic remark by future husband. He never literally meant that he did speak formally to Noeul for 10 years. He just wanted to say Noeul looks old. Still, this is up to debate. In any case, that flashback scene is in 1988 when they are 17 years. They knew each other since young. 10 years would have been over before they turned 17. So don't take this comment by future husband seriously. 

54 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

And my take on episode 18, JH just took himself out of the game by chalking up the confession as a joke.  I felt that, him witnessing Taek arriving before him in front of DS, he kinda knew that it maybe time to let go.  And somehow the only way he thought of letting out his emotions without the possible awkward repercussion to their friendship, would be to that way.  But then again, this is Reply series we are talking about.  

But still..... #teamtaek here as well

:blush:

Pro forma apology for the cut.

JH gave up, surrender to the competition because he decided the competition was willing to play harder and sacrifice more to get DS.

Dramabeans: Jung-hwan slams his steering wheel in anger and cries alone in his car. He narrates, “But fate and timing aren’t just coincidences that find you. They’re moments like miracles, that arise out of choices made because of ardent desire. Surrender and decision, without hesitation—that is what makes timing. He was more ardent, and I should’ve had more courage. It wasn’t the red lights, nor the timing that was bad… but the countless times I hesitated.”

Also I don't think Taek was the only reason JH hesitated, he hesitate before Taek stated his interest.

due to @tituyphing, I just only realized how deep and heartbreaking Junghwan's confession was.

it was not the typical:

"i like you because.."
"i liked you because.."
"i love you because.."
"that time, i loved you because.."

He didn't even reason out or say when he started liking her. What he said was --"I wanted to see you a dozen more times a day, and I was just so happy whenever I saw you."

Using unnie's words, he simply loves her for her existence in his life.

Deoksun has always paid attention to her actions and appearance towards her crushes-- yet he didn't even need that to fall in love with her.

I love how Jungpal, I mean Junghwan finally got his coming-of-age arc through the very cliche and super-used plot device, the classic 'goodbye to a first love'. Even if there are tons of movies, series, dramas, songs, and all about this-- Reply 1988 made it iconic and definitely heartbreaking! 

I always thought his coming-of-age will root from his love for his hyung, Jungbong, which we got a glimpse of  in ep17.

Can't wait to see people parody/re-enact this scene or use as individual acting skill by idols lol! I remember Seo In Guk's confession was a hit,  VIXX N tried to re-enact on radio and others on tv for example.

Can you imagine your bias saying.. "deoksun-ah, i like you. i love you." ? XDDD

So.. I have read some posts on MT, and also from other forum.

At first I didn't really put my eyes on posts which blatantly blame our lovely writer Lee Woo Jung who is known for her masterpiece stories, especially her 3rd installment of Answer Me. Seriously guys. This woman is one of a great woman I've ever known.

It is sad when some of you throw some rude words, blame her for what's happening lately, and even I read a post that she/he will kill the writer-nim if their favourite couple don't end up together. Seriously?

Is that the only thing that fills your head? Is the romance the only thing that worth your brain (and heart)? Until some of you are 'accidentaly' blinded with that... LOL.

We should be grateful instead. I would thanks to her, hug her for what I've got from this drama. This drama gives me everything that I want to feel which I didn't get in real life.

The family. The friendship. These two are way more precious than the husband hunt. I've said it to my roomates, I nearly cried when I saw how happy Mrs. Sung was when she got a new gas stove, even that scene is not a sad one but I couldn't believe that simple thing made her smile widely and all excited. It's as an obvious mark how hard her life was.

Or when she attempted to get a loan from Mrs. Cheetah but in the end her self-consciousness won over her, she knew that she didn't repay her previous loan before. This scene broke my heart so much. I can't imagine my mom in that situation. There are so many heart-touching scenes that showed how parents love their children and put them on the top of their list more than anything else.

The friendship. This drama has shown us how a friendship could be so beatiful or even beyond it. You may be crazy, or calm, or smart, or stupid or whatsoever but in their eyes, they only see YOU as YOU. Not how smart, stupid, crazy or smart and stupid in the same time or from what background you are. They do mock you, and make fun of you directly in front of your face but they support you from behind. 

How cute it was when JH covered TK's ears, how JH cleaned up TK's mouth, how DR always gave a nice advice to the hopeless DS, how TK called the hospital for Kim Sajang, how SW undoubtedly warned BR to not say such rude words toward TK.

Don't tell me that you guys forget how it feels. How your mood lifted up when you saw the OT5 together, how loud your laugh was when they did some ridiculous things, even how funny their parents were when they gathered, or how THEIR STORY may inspire you in real life.

But somehow the husband hunt is the only thing in our head right now, as if we forget that we have seen so many good episodes before this. Who are you to judge the writer nim? Who are you to throw such rude words over her? Please do return all your mirth from her if you still bash her that way and still blinded with the husband hunt. You can be sad with the plot, you are allowed to feel unfair or disappointed but saying some curses are crossing the line. Even the drama is not over yet.

We should be thankful guys. There are two more episodes, hope we can take it with maturity, and respect her effort.

Sorry for the long post.

On Future Husband, Ep 9. 

@monsterlife --

You said that Taec didn’t behave anything like the Future Husband, so you feared that he wasn’t the husband.  I said, you didn’t have to worry, he IS the Future Husband. According to the script, there isn't anybody else. I expected JH's graceful exit although I didn't think it would come this early. And yes, I expected that JH's major flaw was that he didn't cross the line. From dramabeans: "He was more ardent, and I should’ve had more courage. It wasn’t the red lights, nor the timing that was bad… but the countless times I hesitated.”     

For now, I’ll only explain the Future Husband in Episode 9: What It Means to Cross a Line, and hold off the explanations for the other episodes -- not because the hints and clues are nonexistent but -- because I prefer to release info gradually. There's no rush. :D And my girlfriends and I will most likely choose this show for a rewatch with detailed analyses in another forum. You can join us there if you want. We like to party. Virtually, that is. 

Here we go then. I’ve screenshot the necessary segments for you convenience. 

Part 1. DS and TK are looking at souvenir photograph of DS and JH.  Remember: TK is a jealous guy. He may have a stone face, but he does observe the guys DS hangs out with. Knowing that, how do you think he feels at this moment while they’re glancing at the pic of DS and JH – that very same picture that caused him grief when he found it in JH’s wallet 30 years ago? 

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband8_zpsl1pg

DS: I think he must have liked me since then. [she’s bragging about an ex-flame. lol. to her jealous husband.]
TK: [remains silent, but he glances at her. NOTE: Only TK knows how close this pic had caused a rift among friends. He lied to JH to preserve the peace.] 
DS: Look at how he put his hand on my shoulder [lol. Now she’s really turning the screw. Personally, I think it’s shabby to talk about exes with your current beau.]
DS: Look at the expression. He’s so happy. [TK is rubbing his lips. Rubbing lips signals discomfort. It’s a self-soothing behavior.] 

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband11_zpsqiq

TK: Well she was pretty back then. [He changes topic by calling her pretty. And she agrees that JH’ve must been happy to be with her because she was a pretty girl. Note here: Only TK consistently and openly calls her pretty, no matter what. JH always hesitated to call her pretty.] 
DS: What about now?
TK: Do you want me to hand you a mirror? [looks her up and down]
DS: [she bites; he cradles his arm.] 

I understand how you’d agree with the general consensus that TK insulted her with his comment. This is how his question was perceived by many: “You're ugly. Do you really need a mirror to remind yourself of how ugly you are?” 

However, this consensus is INCONSISTENT with what we know of TK’s character. Look at the script. Even with the mouse scare, and DR begging him to change his mind, he still thought her cute. 

That's why I think viewers and DS misunderstood TK’s comment. He could have meant this:Do you REALLY need me to get you a mirror to remind you how PRETTY you looked?” Or this, "A mirror? What's that? You don't need that." and his eyes flitted between her eyes and lips.   

But DS misunderstood his joke and his flirting style, and bit him instead. lol. 

Now, how do I know that this is Taec?  Why do I insist that this is TK?  The director left clues when he coached the actors on how to act their part. He coached JH for this episode lol. 

It’s obvious if you know where to look. I’ll show you –

Earlier in the episode, JH and DS were walking out of the concert. DS was so hyper from the concert that she was hitting JH’s arm. What did JH do? He shrugged off her hard punches, told her to stop it because it hurts, then put his hands in his pockets.  

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband2_zpsduiw

Compare this to TY’s behavior, two episodes LATER. DS was also beating him to the ground, but he wasn’t pushing her off him. After she stopped punching, he complained, “Geez, you hit too hard.”  Did you notice where his hands went? His hands covered his arms where he got pummeled. They were painful so he was holding them. lol.

Apropos, is this why some shippers thought he was gay? Too funny. The character was according to the director's orders. 

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband1_zpsgvqn

Now, go back to the Future Husband. @monsterlife. Observe what the Future Husband did after he got bitten by DS? See it? He covered it, too. Unlike JH. Like TY. He was holding it because it was painful. 

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband3_zpsjspj

See that? There are more of details which reveal character quirks, shared by TK and the Future Husband, all over the series. They've been coordinated. Don’t go for the obvious decoys like the “tsundere-ness” of the actor, a ridiculous patch, and the snarkiness. No. Look instead for subtleties and inside jokes, and also for explanation of characters.   

For instance, viewers should know JH’s character by now. JH will never smoke… because of his brother. Again, there have been previous hints; the latest of which was JH's hero-worship of his Hyung. JH loves his brother to the point that he lives his dreams. Now, his brother has a weak heart. Do you honestly think then JH would risk or jeopardize his own perfect health, knowing of his Hyung’s imperfect heart condition? That would be a major scriptwriter's disconnect if ever that happened. Also, the sole redeeming grace of the schoolyard soccer bully, according to JH, was that he's a non-smoker. Reconcile these "clues" to what we know of the Future Husband? He smokes.  

Part 2. The second dialogue makes sense only if it’s applied to TK. 

Skeptics would say it’s impossible that a sweet kid like TK would grow up into a “snarky” Future Husband. But let’s walk this through together, @monsterlife.

Let’s get the obvious hints out of the way: 

1. emotionless face that qualifies as a “tsundere” look: check
2. DS nagging TK about dressing warmly: check 

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband10_zpsztf

3. He isn’t dressed up for the cold weather: check 
4. the water. He looks like Taec drinking water with his medicine: check

Here’s the dialogue according to dramafever.

DS: Honey! When was this?
TK: [cough. cough. Note: TK was always the sickly kid in the neighborhood.]
DS: I told you to wear warmer clothes. But you really don’t listen. [Yes, that was true then, and it’s still true now.]
TK: Hmmm. January 1989.
DS: Wow. You really remember the most peculiar things, huh? [See, this is a running joke for TK. TK forgets AND remembers the weirdest things, like how many stitches he received for wrestling DS.]
DS:  This was the best day of your life, right?  How could you remember something that happened 30 years ago so well. I guess people do come to remember everything so well when they get older.

Here's the conventional interpretation of this conversation:  DS was referring to the day SHE was there to play a supporting role in helping win a prestigious Baduk tournament. Of course, they had better days as a couple --  like the Beach day -- but this day was special because she was there by his side to make sure that he ate his meal, never missed a meal, had a good sleep in a room that was nice and warm, he was at his peak playing condition. Those were his own words.  

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband7_zpsn4or

But for me, something’s not quite right with this interpretation, @monsterlife. It's kinda shallow and it doesn’t jive with the scene. Look at the video again if you want. She brought the picture frame near her heart as she talked about how people remember more as they age. 

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband12_zpsd5u

Then she elbowed him gently. That was a deliberate brush against him, and he looked down at it.  Then, she tapped the picture frame. Was she trying to jog his memory over something?  Was she hinting about something that happened that day this photo was taken?  lol. Then, she poked his leg playfully. If you think about it, there’s nothing usual about this behavior; DS' has been physically playful with him, like patting his buttcheek or wrestling for his shoes.

But the Husband was looking at her here. He probably was wondering, “What do you want? What’s going on? What are you up to?”  So he pointed it out:

TK: Are you getting senile? The date is written right there at the bottom.

lol. This isn’t “tsundere”. His words showed his quick grasp of the situation. She was up to something: pretending not to know the day, giving him an elbow brush, twiddling her fingers, poking him. Is she trying to remind him of something special? His next words were tone down; he actually used a coaxing voice to make her look at him again.. 

TK: You’re embarrassed, right. I bet you are.  

She wasn’t amused. I doubt she was embarrassed because she MISSED seeing the date on the picture. I think she was MORE embarrassed because she was trying to be cute/coy, wanting to take a trip down memory lane, etc., and her husband didn’t pick up on it. So, now she was annoyed with him.

TK: Want some water?
DS: I hope you choke on it. [That isn’t really how it was translated, but that’s what I would have said. lol.] 

The interesting here is the cosmic joke. Looking at their photograph, TK turned the table on DS and made DS look like a “pabo” for not seeing the date [or did she?]. But twenty(?) years ago, it was DS who made TK feel like a “pabo” because he didn’t recognize his own PINK sweater. 

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband5_zpsbxdp

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband4_zpsz75n

See that?  In any dialogue between long term married couple, there are going to be inside jokes or couple humor that we simply aren’t privy too. We’re outsiders. DS-TK couple dynamics could have a different interpretation other than the one proposed by the mainstream. One’s person snarkiness might be another person’s comedy gold or another person touché moment. :D

@shooastrid do you and your shippers ever wonder what happened during this unaccounted-for time during the China trip? This:

Spoiler

reply%201988%20future%20husband%20restin

I wonder did something happened there? He owes her delicious food, at the very least.

9 hours ago, hushhh said:

Because of JH hesitation and him therefore always being one step behind, I'd bet that Taek confessed during or after the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why DS was so looking forward to Taek's page and watching the door was because she and Taek were going to break the news of their relationship to the gang.

Omo omo omo I really love your analysis and prediction. I hope that's exactly what will happen!!! :w00t:

i just realised... 

during Reply 1994 (trash oppa and najung) still look exactly the same during year 1994 and year 2013 (the future)...

but.. for Reply 1988 (dukseon and the future husband) face totally different during 'the future' which is in year 2015...

hahaha..

hellooo guys thanks for the recap, i might seems new here but its been awhile since i becoming a silent lurker in this thread. and this is my second post

after a long weeks without this drama seems a lot of us get crazy and crazier plus this week episode still cannot fulfill our #1988dose kekekekeke, i need to knowww the husband!!! kekekee but yes i agree though i'm not watching AM1994, because i'm a hardcore fans of AM1997 i thought it's just another recycle stories but in the end i give it go to this reply's series, yes AM1988 for me is so mucch better than AM1997 in terms of everything, casts, ost, sets, stories, details, and of course trolls!! kekeke witnessing how so many people feels frustrated and happy at the same time proving how brilliant the writers is! standing applause for everyone! see? that's how much we invest for this drama. the only drama who can reveal every character layer by layer and never missed out any one of them, even DR, no offense but if he on another drama probably the writer would never written a good episode and story solely for him. the episode of him searching for love and attention from his parent especially his mother is beautiful and also probably that's why we never expect that he's the one to be the 'wise' man in the group despite the goofiness. soo for me the best thing about this series is writer do think very deeply for creating the story and character beyond our rational and expectation.

again, no offense, i don't know which one of the delusional here the one who keep in faith to the writer and play along with the stories (yes we can't avoid for being a shipper) OR the one who keep blaming for the writer because THEY feel cheated because the stories is unlikely like THEY wanted to be then making up stories like is the writer hating JH character or it because PBG raising popularity and blablabla come one please, but then again probably that's the reaction how the writer-nim wanted (again, brilliant!) just enjoy the story guysss, chillaxxx. this guys is a proo. Probably this is the only drama in each episode i can laugh then cry and then laugh again, so emotional. so please chinggudul, just believe the PD and the writer-nim, for any shipper you guys rooting for. i'm saying this basically because see many people complaining to the writer but how did they know the writer change the script or whatsoever just because it not gone with the way you wanted to be, idc which one of your ship on but please respect the writer who probably wrote this script and character building for we don't know how long.

putting under a spoiler because its sensitive matter. joke. teehee

Spoiler

okay so i'm not saying i'm TK/DS or JH/DS shipper because sometime i do agree with both of analysis (you guys daebak) BUT like many of you here at first when SW/DS starting i'm rooting for JH and then i gradually having feeling for TK, feeling anxious with 50:50 possibility every new episode came out. the brilliant is how the writer create TK character who looks like a normal nerd but actually he is a ninja, no one ever expect he came to attack (sorry JH) but its the truth. and how they create JH character who looks like a ninja when he actually just a thinker, you know what i'm saying? (and again sorry if i'm offending any of you) FRANKLY i thought TK character would be the gay one because its reply series signature hehehe i never knew he is the strong contender in the end. but little by little they reveal how strong the TK character and also for me they also reveal how weak of JH character is little by little, we don't even notice. and again with somebody had pointing out TK was there all along, i'm just too blind to see (JH is bae tbh) and these past episodes for me is the peak of husband hunting game or doukson hunting game, JH know clearly know what's inside DS head all along even way back when they still in highschool, that's why he trying to end this game in very manly way (my heart ache when see the scene) for me the reason why he confessed is because he wanted to say things he never have a chance to say to DS. that's it. for me he never expecting DS to take his confession, he just saying to let go everything he had in the chest. the little smile on JH face at the end saying i knew its TK all along but its good to know now that you know my feeling. and again doesn't mean TK is the husband (never put expectation too high) but i believe the husband chances is weighing on TK we never know what the futures hold. but if TK is the husband anyway it does make sense, DS/TK are care for each other (if anyone of you still don't see it please watch this entire episode again, maybe you miss out something) from eps 1-18 they still care for each other, eye can't lie and if JH is the husband it also make sense, in normal k-drama if somebody used to like each other they will like each other eventually, they just need a chance to confess for each other. but again reply series never been normal and also JH already confessed so we just need to see DS's actual respond (if there any). so peeps, lets wait for another week, i know its haarrrdd, but please enjoy the show, don't take it too personal! peace

that's it for my long long post, it's been a while since i wrote something in soompi's forum, nice to see you all!

40 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

On Future Husband, Ep 9. 

I wonder did something happened there? He owes her delicious food, at the very least.

Excellent as always.

"I'll be resting in my room with my friend. DukSeon, Let's go upstairs" 

Now that is the flashback I want to see.

Can I just say I love to hear Taek say "DukSeonaah"

I just realized that episode 9 is when papa and son Choi staked their claims on their women by having the women take care of them.

@packmule3 Always love your analysis, thank you! You catch so much things I would oversee.

I just have few minor thoughts where I think there might have been a misunderstanding due to the misleading translation.

When DS says "he must have liked me since then" it might sound weird, like she is talking about somebody else, but she is actually talking about her husband, not an ex-flame. She is saying it to the interviewer in formal speech.

And in the last picture, when TK's father asks "did you buy her a lot of delicious food?", actually he could also be asking if DS bought him a lot of delicious food, it's not obvious. But from the context I thought he meant if she bought him delicious food.

Whatever, it's not that important and as I said I love your interpretations ^^

Here's my opinion:

For Taek to be the husband we need a scene where he get to know about the postcard Duksun sent for Sunwoo

For Jungpal to be the husband we need a scene where he's smoking

I notice a different between JH-DS and TK-DS bickering dynamic, when DS bicker with JH, both of them keep yelling to each other until others quiet them. but when TK-DS bicker, Taek always shuts up after DS hits him (when he says bora must be DS in her past life). I think the 2015 bickering dynamic is closer to TK-DS. It's just my opinion though, correct me if i get the facts wrong.

Been enjoying reading all the fans' theories here, nice to meet you all!

7 minutes ago, haesi said:

@packmule3 Always love your analysis, thank you! You catch so much things I would oversee.

I just have few minor thoughts where I think there might have been a misunderstanding due to the misleading translation.

When DS says "he must have liked me since then" it might sound weird, like she is talking about somebody else, but she is actually talking about her husband, not an ex-flame. She is saying it to the interviewer in formal speech.

And in the last picture, when TK's father asks "did you buy her a lot of delicious food?", actually he could also be asking if DS bought him a lot of delicious food, it's not obvious. But from the context I thought he meant if she bought him delicious food.

Whatever, it's not that important and as I said I love your interpretations ^^

Are you a native Korean speaker? I'll need your help translating some lines for me for a post I'm prepping. PM me please. Thanks. 

Alliterative p's not intended. lol

Archived