[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

K-pop Herald takes questions for Song Hye-kyo interview

(KBS 2TV)

Korea’s prime culture-entertainment news outlet K-pop Herald will have an interview with actress Song Hye-kyo this week.

The 34-year-old Song, one of the most highly recognized Korean actresses among global fans, is expected to talk about her life as a longtime celebrity on Wednesday afternoon.

K-pop Herald will publish a “Song Hye-kyo” series based on the interview, and will include fans' questions.

Song has acted in many global megahit dramas, including as Kang Mo-yeon, a surgeon who falls in love with Yoo Si-jin, played by actor Song Joong-ki, in TV series ”Descendants of the Sun.“

Those who want their questions included may send an email in either English or Korean to json@heraldcorp.com. Questions in Chinese will be accepted at jahye@heraldcorp.com.

The questions should be sent no later than Wednesday 2 p.m. local time.

Emails must include the sender’s name, nationality, questions and any message for Song.

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604191502546729931_2

wow i can't wait the interview!!!This drama and the actors are so loved!

• Like 16

Annyeong my dear DOTS chingu deul

Ddaebak! Even after DOTS has ended yet this thread reached over 1000 pages. Wow!!!

Would like to ask any kind chingu posted Kiss BTS video here or not? I'm worried wont be able to find the video, if there is, because of so many new pages. You can reply me here or PM too. Thank you in advance :wub:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

“Descendants of the Sun” Co-Writer Speaks Out on Second Season

One of the scriptwriters for “Descendants of the Sun,” Kim Won Suk, has given his final opinion on the rumors of a second season.

“I have no plans for a second season,” he said in an interview on April 19. “I’ve already told the story I wanted to tell. I hope that Yoo Si Jin will lead a happy life in the future without any more trouble.”

Kim Won Suk co-wrote the “Descendants of the Sun” script with Kim Eun Sook, and many viewers are curious as to what his next project will be.

“I want to write a historical drama,” he said. “I also want to try writing in the 19+ genre. I am curious if the Korean drama industry will produce more adult dramas in the future.”

It looks like “Descendants of the Sun” won’t be getting a second season (at least from the same writers).

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/18/descendants-of-the-sun-writer-speaks-out-on-second-season/

Okaaaayyy... this is in accordance to the recent discussion :phew: wink wink... LOL

What about YSJ and KMY previous live in the Joseon Era? She did say he must have saved a nation in his previous live to be able to have her in this live, OMO

Thank god no sequel :D 

• Like 8

Not sure if this article had been posted before..Hopefully not repost..

The cutest Descendants of The Sun USB

CgQKoUPUkAAZMy2.jpg

Not long ago, KBS released limited handmade biscuits and recently they released USB of the main leads, Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Gyo, Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won.

Although Descendants of the Sun has ended but this USB would be great as the collection.

Each USB is 28,000. Also, the USB comes in pairs. Either your Song-Song couple or Goo-Won couple. Each pair is ₩56,000.

You can purchased 4 of the USB together with the price at ₩112,000.

source: KpopFighting

• Like 8

Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won’s Bed Scene Revealed to Have Been Edited Out of “Descendants of the Sun

Descendants of the Sun” director Kim Si Hyung revealed the existence of a bed scene being edited out of the drama.

On April 18, the director appeared on KBS’s YouTube show “Got TV” and revealed behind-the-scenes stories about the drama and filming.

He confesses, “It’s regretful that scenes got edited out, but I’m especially sorry that Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won’s bed scene got cut.”

The director explains, “During one of the flashback scenes, there’s a line that goes ‘Then let’s go sleep.’ There was a bed scene after that. I think it got cut during the latter half of the editing process, but it wasn’t vulgar.”

i wonder why it got edited out though because it must be cute/funny/sweet kind of bed scene like si jin & mo yeon kind of bed scene in hospital since the director said "it not vulgar". anyhow i might be minority but i'm glad that dae young & myung joo scereentime (whenever it's two of them only) was shorter. jin goo and kim ji won acting were great and i really like that the 2nd female lead here is not bitchy and chaebol type of woman, love the scenes all 4 leads being together, the bromance (si jin & dae young), the womance (mo yeon & myung joo) and the friendship between si jin, myung joo & dae young (it's quite rare the 2nd female lead close friends with main & 2nd male lead in kdramaland) but it quite tired me off with the push and pull, noble idiot and running away kind of relationship between 2nd otp. but i like that female leads in this drama get upper hand in their relationships and also strong. rather than give up with their boyfriends behaviors, mo yeon & myung joo make effort for their relationships to work.

https://45.media.tumblr.com/4e44198978e44351cf74b90eed6da535/tumblr_o5mrdkK2r11ua82v7o4_400.gif   https://45.media.tumblr.com/64c74129fe8bd998719c77fbd8964a39/tumblr_o5mrdkK2r11ua82v7o5_500.gif

these dumb & dumber couple are lucky guys because they got kang mo yeon & yoon myung joo as their girlfriends. what can we hope from them?:bawling:

picture credit to owner

• Like 10

How Many Times Did the “Song-Song” Couple Film Their Kiss Scenes in “Descendants of the Sun”?

How Many Times Did the “Song-Song” Couple Film Their Kiss Scenes in “Descendants of the Sun”?

On April 18, director of photography Kim Si Hyung from KBS2′s “Descendants of the Sun” appeared as a guest on KBS’s YouTube Show, “Got TV,” where he talks about behind-the-scenes stories from filming.

When asked about filming the kiss scenes between the “Song-Song” couple, the director reveals, “Scenes like these have to be filmed from multiple angles and usually require about 100 takes in general.”

He explains, “When we were filming, if Song Joong Ki made a mistake, Song Hye Kyo would say, ‘One more time.’ Both of them wanted to make a more perfect scene.”

Kim Si Hyung also revealed how Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won‘s bed scene wasedited out, and the crew’s reactions to “Song-Song” couple’s dating rumors.

kim si hyung

soompi

• Like 17

Oh Yeon Seo of 'Please Come Back Mister' talks about rival drama 'Descendants of the Sun'

oh-yeon-seo_1461034843_af_org.jpg

Oh Yeon Seo, who played a role in SBS drama 'Please Come Back Mister' talked about the rival KBS drama 'Descendants of the Sun'. The two dramas were aired on the same time and day. Unfortunately, due to the immense popularity of 'Descendants of the Sun', Oh Yeon Seo's drama recorded one of the worst viewership ratings.

During the interview Oh Yeon Seo talked about the rivalry, "I didn't get the chance to watch 'Descendants of the Sun'. I heard writer Kim Eun Sook wrote it, and I have enjoyed all of her dramas in the past. I think this one is also going to be good. I am planning to watch all 16 episodes while I'm on break."

She then talked about the immense popularity of 'Descendants of the Sun' as she added, "It did grab my attention because I heard Song Joong Ki is really handsome. I heard from my brother, and it really sounded like a syndrome. He said he was drinking with his girlfriend, but she rushed home during the date to go watch 'Descendants of the Sun'. I realized that dramas with good viewership ratings can even cancel a date. My brother said he couldn't understand."

It sounds like Oh Yeon Seo from 'Please Come Back Mister' also cannot help but to watch the hit rival drama.

source: allkpop

• Like 14

2 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

On April 18, director of photography Kim Si Hyung from KBS2′s “Descendants of the Sun” appeared as a guest on KBS’s YouTube Show, “Got TV,” where he talks about behind-the-scenes stories from filming.

When asked about filming the kiss scenes between the “Song-Song” couple, the director reveals, “Scenes like these have to be filmed from multiple angles and usually require about 100 takes in general.”

He explains, “When we were filming, if Song Joong Ki made a mistake, Song Hye Kyo would say, ‘One more time.’ Both of them wanted to make a more perfect scene.”

Kim Si Hyung also revealed how Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won‘s bed scene wasedited out, and the crew’s reactions to “Song-Song” couple’s dating rumors.

soompi

100 takes for that scene? woah:o 

if that was me, even if song joong ki didn't make any mistake while filming the scene, i would intentionally make mistakes many times and said "one more time":P

• Like 14

@foodie27 I swear the scene SDY dancing along with RV will be the death of me, can't stop laughing everytime I see his face and his dance, phenomenon, nail the scene :D:D  not only that, the soldiers around and the whole Alpha team are also super hilarious in this scene, is this their true self? :blink::D:lol:

I have read somewhere that some people complain about the lack of sexual tension between YSJ and KMY, I understand why they feel that, we have no bed scene or anything near that,:phew: but I guess the director did that in consider of our health, with their kiss at the shipwreck they already burn my screen, I don't know if there is a bed scene, I might have to kiss my TV, my phone, laptop, pad goodbye :lol: just imaging and it's already feel ... B):rolleyes:

• Like 17

This is nothing short of AMAZING! We are now at page 1006, and I'm totally losing count.

Anyway, I absolutely love episode 15 even with all the tears. I'm reminded once again why SHK is a star. And I so love that last screen of our dear Capt walking out from the desert and our doc running into his arms. Oh, the feels! I was hoping episode 16 would tell more about the captivity and give a bit more depth to our 2 lovable leads. But we got a lot of laughs and RV! OMG, SDY is a hoot with THAT face and that dance. YSJ is oh so funny too.

That kiss (or actually 2) literally gave me butterflies. I like! But ROAR! I really want them to make babies... hahahaha.

Anyhow, I had so much fun with this kdrama. Loved the story, the characters and SJK and SHK. Husband and kids think mum has gone cuckoo over a kdrama. Thank goodness there are 3 specials this week. Next week is going to be borefest...oh dear me, what should I watch?! I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Otoke? :wub:

• Like 14

“Descendants of the Sun” Co-Writer Speaks Out on Second Season

One of the scriptwriters for “Descendants of the Sun,” Kim Won Suk, has given his final opinion on the rumors of a second season.

“I have no plans for a second season,” he said in an interview on April 19. “I’ve already told the story I wanted to tell. I hope that Yoo Si Jin will lead a happy life in the future without any more trouble.”

Kim Won Suk co-wrote the “Descendants of the Sun” script with Kim Eun Sook, and many viewers are curious as to what his next project will be.

“I want to write a historical drama,” he said. “I also want to try writing in the 19+ genre. I am curious if the Korean drama industry will produce more adult dramas in the future.”

it seems even the writer feels exhausted and pity watching si jin always saving the day and left mo yeon behind lool. yes so it confirmed that won't be season 2. sorry but korean dramas season 2 always become a mess and this will ruin DOTS drama. look at GOONG S, DREAM HIGH 2, IRIS 2, & FULL HOUSE 2:confounded:

uh actually you can satisfy your curiosity while trying it with DOTS writer:glasses: how can you write a drama about adults characters in their 30's that flirt and tease each other with naughty words but give us their scenes that like this:

Spoiler

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OlMq0KVgvV8/R0UbY5tsTfI/AAAAAAAAAW8/CU13OOQ3N-o/s320/general-audiences.gif

it should be like this:

Spoiler

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Film_Advisory_Board_AO_rating.png

or at least like this:

Spoiler

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Film_Advisory_Board_EM_rating.png

i bet the ratings will be 50% huhu. that will be a win win situations for us the audiences and the writer. just why?:bawling:

http://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/16202418/dots-myung-joo-kicking-rock.gif

picture credit to owner

• Like 9

@gilaswan Chingu, I love you! Your stories are life..me love them so much..please please please keep them coming. Bless you, chingu!

DoTS' aftermath is not pretty, i might say. Time passes by soooo slowlyyyy. I'm torn between wanting wednesday to come soon but refusing to accept the fact that after next friday, there will be no more DoTS gracing my screen. I'd be truly devastated for real. Arghhh, the withdrawal is real. Ottokeeeee :((((

@kokodus Let me join your dare..

BEST SCENE : reunion scene in eps. 6. SJ dropped down from chopper, walked to find MY. Their eyes met. The feelsss, my heart flutters from reminiscing it.:wub:

BEST EPISODE : eps. 15. No matter i cried buckets, seeing the girls got thru their grief was just amazing. Girl powers, FTW!

BEST LINE (SJ) : "I love you" in eps 15 (flaschback in Coffee shop).  No frills, no hesitation, so sure of himself. Real & honest. He got me in the right spot.

BEST LINE (MY) : "I think i just made a confession, should i apologize?" FINALLY. She let her guard down, she followed what her heart said.

BEST LINE (DY): His letter to MJ. All the sentences. I cried when he read it out loud.

BEST LINE (MJ) : "I'm pregnant, dad" LOL!! you cheeky girl with a bad plan :)))

BEST KISS : Truck Kiss. I love all the kisses actually, but although the truck kiss was shorter, there was this desire, longing, relief, passion that had been suspended for quite sometimes, and when MY finally resigned her feelings, SJ was...i dont know how to put it exactly in words. He was so in the moment, absorbing it like there would be no other chance. And of course the hays came as proof :))))

BEST LOL MOMENT : Fanboying over Red Velvet. Oh My God, it was sooo funny, i literally rolled on my bed laughing for 10 mins nonstop after seeing it. the scene still makes me giggling everytime i see it in on youtube. SDY's stoic face while dancing was just...EPIC!

BEST ACTION SCENE : SJ sliding onto the white car in parking lot gun fight, awesomeeee!! he injured himself filming it tho :(( but, it was squee worthy moment for me.

BEST SIDE CHARACTER : Kim Ki Bum, for stealing the money, stealing DY's phone, running out of hospital, so SJ and MY could finally meet over a handphone.

BEST PPL (hahaha i just have to make one) : The most subtle and much needed PPL is Hotels Combined. Because MY and SJ need to run away together and sleep on a smallest bed possible and do whatever they need to do! STAT!

There you go, my Best of DoTS. I gotta be honest, i have trouble seeing other dramas at the moment. DoTS has raised the bar quite high. DoTS is like an ex-boyfie who kissed the best and vanish the next day. I'm so heartbroken.

tumblr_o4icunx7WZ1u2r065o5_r1_400_zpskmltumblr_o4icunx7WZ1u2r065o9_r1_400_zpso4ytumblr_o4icunx7WZ1u2r065o1_r1_400_zpsx4a

credit to owner

• Like 24