[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

The latest Entertainment Weekly has a full 13mins just on SJK. Anyone seen the YT link with eng sub yet?

Has anyone tried to place the scenes in order? Which are the ones they filmed first in SK, then Greece then back in SK again? I read that the love story itself was more or less in order so as to allow the build up to be more natural but all the fight scenes were filmed at the end (this means the opening scene with NK is also filmed last?). The outdoor scenes in Greece are fairly obvious. But besides these I can't differentiate the scenes in Uruk camp and Medicube. 

Reason I ask is that the C netizens commented that while SJK is fairly consistent in emoting his feelings and interest towards KMY from Ep 1 onwards, SHK's emotions (gazes etc) towards YSJ showed a significant positive change only towards the later Eps. They felt that it was because she had fallen for him for real as they spend more time filming. I was curious to see if it was indeed the case but since it was pre-produced, all the scenes are jumbled up. 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

@sanaeozora I like the one in the middle I have to say, though I also really like the whole black uniform for their secret operations!!!

Let me see if I can find a photo of it... BRB!

ETA: I could not find a nice photo of it worn by SJ but that one:

This one, right?

sasd.jpg

Yeah well, I didn't include that one because I have a thing with Song Joong-ki and his all black looks...:wub:

• Like 17

Hi Chingus 

four mor me daaaays for us ugh

anyway I'm going to tell you what I think for the next episode, episode 13 well its just my guess we all don't get what's on our writernims mind... I think the scene where Doctor Kang looks drunk and Captain Yoo's guiding her to her house/couch lol where she call him AEGI? AENI? (does it sounds pervy?) Soooory chingus lol anyhooo I think Captain by jealous about YAI cameo appearance and doesn't want to talk to our Doctor and our Doctor went out with friends and got drunk because Captain doesn't want to talk to her but she kept on calling or somebody from the medical team/friends call Captain and told him that she was drunk... It doesn't make sense right? Ugh me and my delusion :sweatingbullets: but I think somebody from the thread says that maybe they went out just like they planned at the clock tower/ kiss scene.... why is it isn't Wednesday yet? I'm going crazy! I'm at work and lurking on our thread ugh it's the Song Joong Ki effect ugh!? What am I doing withy life? 

• Like 12

Agree with many that Ep12 seems like a nice way to round up but I am actually happy that we have 4 eps in SK. I think it is important as a closure to the love story to see if their relationship will survive the normalcy of day-to-day life once MY gets back to her proper doctoring job and SJ has to go back to being in Special Forces.

I really hope that SK will keep his promise to tell her when he has a particularly dangerous operation (are there non-dangerous ones? Seems all his ops are life and death to me so far). Tbh, I was abit disappointed that SJ did not appear to have "grown" or learnt from MY's kidnapping and again it was MY who has to learn to accept him and his job again. True, it was nicely done (the hug!! Love!) but I feel that while SJ's sadness over the loss of Argus was touching, the purpose was again more for MY to further understand the trials of SJ's job. How come she is the one who has to do all the growing up here? Ok, this is my only grouse for this show. 

• Like 13

Oh lastly (sorry for so many separate posts, I only have time to comment now and was thinking about DOtS the whole day), can I just say that I am cautiously optimistic about the ending? In Ep 12, SJ promised to not to make her worry about him, and so far he has kept all his promises. I am hopeful that Writer Kim will keep it this way in line with how his character was written so far.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

The latest Entertainment Weekly has a full 13mins just on SJK. Anyone seen the YT link with eng sub yet?

Has anyone tried to place the scenes in order? Which are the ones they filmed first in SK, then Greece then back in SK again? I read that the love story itself was more or less in order so as to allow the build up to be more natural but all the fight scenes were filmed at the end (this means the opening scene with NK is also filmed last?). The outdoor scenes in Greece are fairly obvious. But besides these I can't differentiate the scenes in Uruk camp and Medicube. 

Reason I ask is that the C netizens commented that while SJK is fairly consistent in emoting his feelings and interest towards KMY from Ep 1 onwards, SHK's emotions (gazes etc) towards YSJ showed a significant positive change only towards the later Eps. They felt that it was because she had fallen for him for real as they spend more time filming. I was curious to see if it was indeed the case but since it was pre-produced, all the scenes are jumbled up. 

OHHH! Thank you for posting this cos this has been my ultimate concern since forever. When I watch their romantic scenes, I try to analyze whether it was shot in the latter part of the filming period cos I want to see why the gazes, the smiles and the laughter are all natural (... Is it due to them being comfortable around each other? Hihi.) This post sound like it needs to be in the shippers thread. Lol. 

Also, I want to catch SJK having the cast on his hand. Cos that way I'd know it was filmed around December or November... (When they are closer or more bonded.)

• Like 5

@bbsjk Besides the hand cast, I was also trying to observe SJK's face. My theory is that his cheeks got abit more "round" towards the end. Actually I thought his solo ops' cheeks were more filled out as compared to the beginning episodes, and that was filmed at the end! (Don't scold me! Still handsome, still handsome) Just that many small faced actors have this problem. Kim Soo Hyun also got obviously rounder cheeks at the end of YWCFTS. Think the hectic filming schedules do not give them time to work out, although poor guy is already eating salad only.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

without shirt uniform make him look hotter.. :vicx:

Oh this....I agree!! 101% . Lol!!!!   Though him in green army uniform when he wanted to meet KMY for his dressing of wound in Ep 1 is also very cool. Lol!!! We r all a bunch of perverts. Leave us any longer and we will start constructing our own scenes with lots of close up kiss, hot tubs and beds. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Oh this....I agree!! 101% . Lol!!!!   Though him in green army uniform when he wanted to meet KMY for his dressing of wound in Ep 1 is also very cool. Lol!!! We r all a bunch of perverts. Leave us any longer and we will start constructing our own scenes with lots of close up kiss, hot tubs and beds. 

in that part i believe we are far away more creative than the original writer.. Lol :P

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

in that part i believe we are far away more creative than the original writer.. Lol :P

We should definitely start constructing our own scenes.  To help us cope with the wait. Haha. I'll start first.

I would definitely have YSJ ringing the KMY's doorbell for a date out. A movie and dinner date. The dinner date has to be something fancy. Recalled YSJ wanted to bring KMY to something nice in EP 2 but was disappointed she asked him for a delivery. Said dinner included wine which got her drunk. And the moment we wait for.....YSJ got her home & ended up staying the night over to care for her. And conveniently fell asleep together....

Ah...anyone care to continue? Lol.....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, triplezg said:

Watching it live and no commercial breaks.

All public broadcast stations (kbs/mbc/sbs) in S.Korea doesn't have commercial break when drama or even variety shows aired. 

Right. It benefits us viewers,  that is why we super enjoy DotS.  Imagine cutting at a critical scene and wait til six 30-seconders air.  All ads in mainstream Korean tv are before and after a show.    Korean  shows  start at unusual times like 7:45, 8:55 or 9:05, because of this.  

3 nights to Wednesday is going by too slowly...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mariekantalla, @ailenoh, @rainbowbrite, @Jalhanda, @thepixies, @Tinkiebell, @chubbyzmae, @Ahpheng, @IrisFM, @melissala, @kristy86

Thanks for your support, chingudeul... Heh... I don't actually write Fanfics. As @Tinkiebell said, I should really be writing my (in comparison, not so interesting) essays. I don't have much of a Creative bone in me and I don't bother to do the research necessary to write good stories. Nevertheless, I've put this "missing scene" into an asianfanfic account. I'm really new to things like that, so let me know if you're able to see it:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1109460

Hey friends... I've put up 3 chapters already... You'll have to add me as a friend on the site to see the stories, but let me know if you still can't after I've added you back... I'm not entirely sure how that site works. :P 

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

We should definitely start constructing our own scenes.  To help us cope with the wait. Haha. I'll start first.

I would definitely have YSJ ringing the KMY's doorbell for a date out. A movie and dinner date. The dinner date has to be something fancy. Recalled YSJ wanted to bring KMY to something nice in EP 2 but was disappointed she asked him for a delivery. Said dinner included wine which got her drunk. And the moment we wait for.....YSJ got her home & ended up staying the night over to care for her. And conveniently fell asleep together....

Ah...anyone care to continue? Lol.....

well i'm not good at writing stories, but you definitely have to specify what kind of "to care for her" means. is it include take her to her bed? wash her face with kisses since she is drunk? or maybe bath her since she can't do it by her self? And conveniently fell asleep together in a different bed aren't they? Lol 

• Like 4