[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

At 3am yesterday, while shutting the light, "i'll sleep early tonite". But as i was browsing my laptop, "0wh, i've forgotten watching special 1&2". So, i did a quick recap watching from epi4 anddd...until final episode. In the end, i slept at 5am. Hmmm....

The reason: how do they hide the SJK cast? Luckily, he was able to use left hand. Most of the time, the right hand was not caught in the camera; either inside of his pocket, they took the left side of his body, he wore a long baggy sleeve, the color of the cast matching the attire, he wore gloves, hide the hand under the table. What a great production team!! Wow, i'm watching like a hawk here. :sweatingbullets:

I'm hoping the production house will coming back with other quality drama. I've read they've done movie production. So, this is their 1st time doing drama. I like the way the director directing them. Feels like one episode of BTS is not enuff. Gud nite everybody. I will miss this drama and will rewatch and rewatch until another great drama come.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, SkyKid said:

in last ep, YSJ has been promoted to Major ( 소령 - Seoryong), he now has one flower ^^ :wub:

ok, so I have a day off today without DOTS :tears: so I do rerun of DOTS from ep 1 to 12 without sub, but guess what still can't catch YSJ calling himself "oppa" @princessmantou please do me a favor, enlighten me, which scenes are those YSJ calling himself "oppa", because I really want to cach that, doing Korean listening practice with DOTS is so much fun :phew: ,thank you :heart:

If he's a Seoryeong means he's not in the field anymore @winterbubbletea... Its so screwed because he's too young obviously... haha... But after Daewi he needs to get a job promotion to be Tae Dae wi(Squadron Leader) to be a Seoryeong(Lieutenant Major) after. Seoryeong usually have to be age 40 something with 20 years of experience in the military. So its kind of 'impossible' for YSJ to be a seoryeong... production crew is screwed... because the difference of a Dae wi and Seoryeong is vast. 

If he's a seoryeong means his job scope is basically staying in the office giving instructions, yellling at people, writing reports and shaking his leg. My dad is a Jungryeong (same as Park Byung Soo) and thats all he does... Seoryeong earns about 6.7K usd per month.

Can you give me some time I will check out those scenes for you... then get back to you.... He said it a few times very casually and briefly. 

• Like 6

LOL, so this conversation just happened with my friend.  (Background: Out of all my friends, she and I usually text each other the most.)

Me: You know, I noticed when I sent you that text last night that we hadn't texted each other in a couple of weeks!

Her: Um, yeah, that was when you started watching DotS.

Me: omg, REALLY? 

Her: Yeah . . . .

Me: Ahahahaha, that's hilarious.  Well, did you want me to be texting you all the time, "OMG, this is so hot?"

Her: No, that's what your forums are for.

LOL.  :P

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

LOL, so this conversation just happened with my friend.  (Background: Out of all my friends, she and I usually text each other the most.)

Me: You know, I noticed when I sent you that text last night that we hadn't texted each other in a couple of weeks!

Her: Um, yeah, that was when you started watching DotS.

Me: omg, REALLY? 

Her: Yeah . . . .

Me: Ahahahaha, that's hilarious.  Well, did you want me to be texting you all the time, "OMG, this is so hot?"

Her: No, that's what your forums are for.

LOL.  :P

Things DOTS do to people... you are not the first. After DOTS aired... I gave excuse to visit my BF every week, just to look for Yoo Si Jin oppa as I always say. 

@SkyKid I remember he said it once before KMY left Urk... once when he was teasing her before he left Urk... and.... I have to find...

18 minutes ago, princessmantou said:

If he's a Seoryeong means he's not in the field anymore @winterbubbletea... Its so screwed because he's too young obviously... haha... But after Daewi he needs to get a job promotion to be Tae Dae wi(Squadron Leader) to be a Seoryeong(Lieutenant Major) after. Seoryeong usually have to be age 40 something with 20 years of experience in the military. So its kind of 'impossible' for YSJ to be a seoryeong... production crew is screwed... because the difference of a Dae wi and Seoryeong is vast. 

If he's a seoryeong means his job scope is basically staying in the office giving instructions, yellling at people, writing reports and shaking his leg. My dad is a Jungryeong (same as Park Byung Soo) and thats all he does... Seoryeong earns about 6.7K usd per month.

Can you give me some time I will check out those scenes for you... then get back to you.... He said it a few times very casually and briefly. 

thank you, about the rank, hehe, maybe production team refers to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_military_ranks_of_Korea

according to this chart, it makes sense, also in my country there is no Tae Dae Wi, you go from Dae Wi to Seoryong, so it also makes sense to me :w00t: but tbh, I like the word Captain more than Major, I think it sounds cooler :wub::wub:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SkyKid said:

thank you, about the rank, hehe, maybe production team refers to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_military_ranks_of_Korea

according to this chart, it makes sense, also in my country there is no Tae Dae Wi, you go from Dae Wi to Seoryong, so it also makes sense to me :w00t: but tbh, I like the word Captain more than Major, I think it sounds cooler :wub::wub:

Like I said before.... there is a difference between Rank promotion and Job promotion in the military. This chart is rank promotion. Tae Dae Wi(This is also known as Captain Major) also often known as So Ryeong in Korean slang, not Seoryeong (because if you become a Tae Dae Wi, it is sure to say you will be a Seoryeong) is job promotion not a rank. Meaning YSJ if he's a squadron leader, he would stay in the field as the highest ranking field combat agent. But with a pay raise, more responsibility, more groups to take care of(meaning he's still the Captain of Alpha Team but higher up than other leaders of other teams) and more reports to write. Being a captain means he have to take care any rank lower than his but directly he just need to take care four people in Alpha Team. However as a Squadron Leader, he needs to directly take care not only four but more people as well. Meaning if they screw... he is screwed as well. Not all Team Leaders have to be captain rank... In some cases, some teams have no Captain ranking members. Therefore the first lieutenant takes on the role as the highest ranking and company commander in the Team. Like in my boyfriend's squad there is no Captain ranking members and he's the highest ranking there therefore he's the company commander. As far as I know, there are no Captains as of now in Korea. Because those Captains are now Lieutenant Majors or the first lieutenant have not been promoted by rank yet. 

Wheras a Seoryeong is the lowest grade officer in the Company field. Meaning... he will take on the lowest rank among the other higher up officers. His responsibility is writing all kind of funny reports, training, being dispatch to other headquarters as the head around the world, communicating with the temperature room and sitting in office. That's why usually this rank is for older militants, those who spent their youth out in the field. Which means YSJ oppa no longer needs to be in combat mode again...

I wish to fire all production crews who didn't made their proper research lol.... Then hire me instead.... cause I will definitely make a season 2. ;)

• Like 1

Title: Emergency Message of Love
Author: WinterBubbleTea
Genre: Fluff
Drama: Descendant of the Sun
Pairing: Yoo Shi-Jin/Kang Mo-Yeon, Yoon Myung Joo/Seo Dae Young, Hae Ja Ae/Song Sang Hyun, Lee Chi Hoon/ Jang Hee Eun, Daniel Spencer/Ri Ye-Hwa
Rating: PG-13
Summary: The messages gave her hope and they also gave her loads of stress. 

• Like 7

So this linguistic gradations and levels of formality vs colloquial speech totally eludes me. I'll just rely on super linguistic sleuths of native korean descent on this forum to give me analytical hints on whether SJK and SHK are potentially sweet on each other; I know YSJ and KMY definitely are. Hahaha...

I see we're back to talking about military ranks and stuff. I must admit I found it strange that people on the forum said he'd been promoted in rank to Major but the caps all say "squadron leader". So what exactly did he say? Cos he definitely told KMY he's not a captain anymore but it would appear from @princessmantou's explanation that he *is* still captain but simply received an appointment promotion?

Where I am, there is no intermediary rank either between CPT and Major. So the officer ranks run this way:

lieutenant - captain - major - lt colonel - colonel - lt general - general

the amoubt of time taken to move between the ranks starting from when you're about 19 are between 2-5 years, increasing in length as the ranks get higher. It's also dependent on the type of training you get in between + appointments, i.e. there are some appointments (jobs) that are between ranks. That means if you are a high performing captain, you may get appointed to a job sooner than your peers and share the same job appointment (i.e. responsibilities) as someone who is already a Major. In many instances, you may need to be given a job appointment of a higher grade (more responsibilities) and prove yourself before you can be given a rank promotion. Does that make sense? So it seems to me like YSJ got a job promotion which he needs to perform well in before he gets the next rank promotion. But then what's the insignia he now wears? Where I am, you could be a major by the time you're in your early-30s which is why it's believable for me that YSJ is major, considering he's likely the best and brightest in his cohort. 

And yeah, looks like ROKA pay sucks. He earns half of what the military peeps here earn. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

So this linguistic gradations and levels of formality vs colloquial speech totally eludes me. I'll just rely on super linguistic sleuths of native korean descent on this forum to give me analytical hints on whether SJK and SHK are potentially sweet on each other; I know YSJ and KMY definitely are. Hahaha...

I see we're back to talking about military ranks and stuff. I must admit I found it strange that people on the forum said he'd been promoted in rank to Major but the caps all say "squadron leader". So what exactly did he say? Cos he definitely told KMY he's not a captain anymore but it would appear from @princessmantou's explanation that he *is* still captain but simply received an appointment promotion?

Where I am, there is no intermediary rank either between CPT and Major. So the officer ranks run this way:

lieutenant - captain - major - lt colonel - colonel - lt general - general

the amoubt of time taken to move between the ranks starting from when you're about 19 are between 2-5 years, increasing in length as the ranks get higher. It's also dependent on the type of training you get in between + appointments, i.e. there are some appointments (jobs) that are between ranks. That means if you are a high performing captain, you may get appointed to a job sooner than your peers and share the same job appointment (i.e. responsibilities) as someone who is already a Major. In many instances, you may need to be given a job appointment of a higher grade (more responsibilities) and prove yourself before you can be given a rank promotion. Does that make sense? So it seems to me like YSJ got a job promotion which he needs to perform well in before he gets the next rank promotion. But then what's the insignia he now wears? Where I am, you could be a major by the time you're in your early-30s which is why it's believable for me that YSJ is major, considering he's likely the best and brightest in his cohort. 

And yeah, looks like ROKA pay sucks. He earns half of what the military peeps here earn. 

Reason why in ROKA majors are older is because ROKA wants to sent guys out in the field while they are young. Because unlike most countries, there are not much guys who choose military as a career in Korea. Therefore ROKA like to preserve their fit guys to be in the field. YSJ is the highest where he can be despite being younger than SDY because he's bright and best of his cohort. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IrisFM said:

I need my mum's permission :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o655be8Z0B1utfw96o5_500.gif

cr beautyandthebigboss.tumblr.com

Whats??look him at Penny Pincher......he asked his Mom too for that bed scene???:sweatingbullets::P:phew:

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, winterbubbletea said:

Someone was nice to repost the image. Could you list the names please. I am not good at Hangul hahaha reason why I am asking is I want to know the ages of the other people too

I had to enlarge my computer monitor to read KMY name - I'll try and do it with the others if I could.

• Like 2

Title: A Step Closer to you
Author: WinterBubbleTea
Genre: Fluff
Rating: PG-13

Pairings: Slight Hae Ja Ae/Song Sang-Hyun, Kang Mo Yeon/Yoo Shi Jin
Drama: Descendant of the Sun

Summary: One moment to another each point is a step closer to the goal of the heart.

tumblr_o4rbjvOZA31vpd0gxo2_400.gif

P.S. http://archiveofourown.org/users/WinterNeedSleep/pseuds/WinterNeedSleep

I have finally created an AO3 account, however the stories that I put onto it would be very slow, since I prefer to update more in my blog. Well enjoy everyone!!!

• Like 10