[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I feel your pain.  I listen to the OST before going to bed, commuting to work, at work, etc.  I also keep rewatching the episodes.  I was supposed to catch up with "Marriage Contract" this weekend, but nope.  So far the only things I've managed to watch that aren't DotS are: rewatches of the early episodes of Running Man, A Werewolf Boy, and Innocent Man . . . and I think you can probably sense a theme there and know why those were okay . . . I'm obsessed.  :P

Obsessed with SJK hehe. I might watch his other shows later to cure me in this syndrome. Dr. Kang, what to do with our obsession? Hehe :D

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, cutiesarjen said:

Obsessed with SJK hehe. I might watch his other shows later to cure me in this syndrome. Dr. Kang, what to do with our obsession? Hehe :D

I think Dr. Kang would say the only thing to do is to endure it.  Which is why I'm now thinking of rewatching Sungkyunkwan Scandal. :P

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, melissala said:

lol this fic is great.  They are totally a weird couple I agree Ji Soo.  I loved how you explained why MY loves her x-rays of him so much. :P  I loved the other two fics as well!   Great job. 

Thank you very much. Yes. I was contemplating the difference between Doctors and the admiration for x-rays. I recall vaguely one time when I got my first x-ray for my leg because I felt it was odd. That I ended up admiring my bones because I never seen it before. So I contemplated why Mo Yeon was obsessed over the x-ray and that perhaps to Mo Yeon aesthetic admiration of Shi Jin bones and body meant she didn't just love the outside appearance but also what was his inside appearance too. XD I also apologize to the board for my spamming of stories. I didn't realize that I would have finished with them earlier so I was posting them as I Completed them. I should of just made it into one large post of all the stories instead of individually. For that miane...(Sorry)

Title:  Tangible 
Author: WinterBubbleTea  
Genre: Angsty, Joy  
Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon
Character: Yoo Young Geun 
Rating: PG-13
Drama: Descendant of the Sun

Summary: He thought he would be alone.
Gif Credit: JiroMinoo

Title: Gi Beom 
Genre: Strength
Character: Gi Beom
Summary: A turning point in a life of a boy that becomes a man of convictions.

Title: High Price Business Man
Pairing: Yoo Shi-Jin/Kang Mo Yeon
Summary: There is always an opinion of a business man or a mercenary there isn't much difference except the product and the service.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, winterbubbletea said:

Title:  Mother In Law  

Summary: Shi Jin Never expected to meet Mo Yeon family, again.

Ha!  I liked that one; thanks for sharing.

Although we only got to meet KMY's mother for a brief second in the drama, I really liked that moment, starting from when KMY said, "Omma?" and YSJ answered in kind.  The surprise in his voice!  You can tell it was the last thing he had expected to find.  Hahaha.  KMY's mom ended up being one cool, progressive mom though.  Now we know where KMY gets her straight-talking ways.  ;) 

I've always liked the idea of KMY's mom getting along with YSJ.  Very much.  I suspect, in the future, they'll have to all live together anyway.  I mean, with his and her careers, who else is going to help them take care of their kids???  :P

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Ha!  I liked that one; thanks for sharing.

Although we only got to meet KMY's mother for a brief second in the drama, I really liked that moment, starting from when KMY said, "Omma?" and YSJ answered in kind.  The surprise in his voice!  You can tell it was the last thing he had expected to find.  Hahaha.  KMY's mom ended up being one cool, progressive mom though.  Now we know where KMY gets her straight-talking ways.  ;) 

I've always liked the idea of KMY's mom getting along with YSJ.  Very much.  I suspect, in the future, they'll have to all live together anyway.  I mean, with his and her careers, who else is going to help them take care of their kids???  :P

Well, I am not even sure if we got a name for the mother. At least we got a name for the father of Shi Jin. It's a bit tough writing Mother Kang Mother Kang...it sounds exactly like Chi Hoon own mother, which I am planning to write too. DOTS has a very nice aspect is that they got a whole lot of casts and support cast that you can play with. Some has backgrounds some don't--only small nuances are here and there unfortunately.

I also wonder one thing Kang Mo Yeon should have a sibling right?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kokodus said:

@CatWhiskers Though iam a non Korean fan, its a shame that i didnt know him, after watching k dramas for nearly 2 years now.

I am going to redeem myself by watching all his movies, dramas and also variety shows even if he had only small roles. Yes thats my punishment for not knowing him till now( got to have a reason to watch his gorgeous face for the next few weeks):wub:

You may also try Deep Rooted Tree, if you like historical drama :D  he's also great in there as the young King Sejong :wub: 

I've been re-watching from ep 1, how long do I have to do this? 

Everytime I see SJ's expression when he said: Red Velvet did nothing wrong, I can't... :joy: Cheeky captain!

h7M7AWo.gif

I can already imagine how their marriage life would be, isk isk isk...

• Like 13

3 hours ago, winterbubbletea said:

Title:  Mother In Law  

Genre: Humor

Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon

Summary: Shi Jin Never expected to meet Mo Yeon family, again.

Credit Gif: Jirominoo

Oh, this is my fave, thanks so much for creating this one :D MY's mom is so cool! 

I can picture SJ's expression when he heard the mention of "baby" :joy: Oh, how I wish you can help the writer to add this scene, it would be hilarious, keep up the good work! 

• Like 8

Feels so weird to have nothing to look forward to any more now that DOTS has ended... My phone bill hit the roof with me clicking on all the BTS scenes from IG... Gosh! :astonished: 

SS couple is just tooo cute in the BTS! Their infectious chuckles, body language, eye contact etc.... is just screaming LOVE!! *melts*. So thankful for this forum and eagle-eye shippers and detectives to pick up all the bits and pcs, obvious and subtle hints here and there that makes me ship them more and more! :heart:

Super love SJK in his cheeky mode when he did the cute wavy salute when JG was introducing him (was it episode 3). I don't know how else to describe this guy. :lol: Also love the scene he pretend to shoot his lady at the boatwreck scene. Definitely not what a junior would dare to do to a senior right? He is totally in control man! :P 

And the "I need my mum's permission" kiss scene and how SHK responded. Sparks everywhere they burn through my screen!   

I agree with most that many many more tell-tales signs has been edited off to protect the couple..... Really hope to hear news of them announcing the wedding of the century soon! :heart:

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, kristy86 said:

I can already imagine how their marriage life would be, isk isk isk...

Hahaha, that's another thing I loved about both couples.  The women so clearly wear the pants in their respective relationships.  I die each time I watch that part where YSJ tries to defend his Red Velvet love by arguing he did nothing wrong, before quickly following up and saying that's what someone would say if they wanted to stay in trouble.  Hahaha.  The only time the men ever got the upper hand was when the women started arguing about their med school sunbae.  :P

• Like 9

'Descendants of the Sun' to premiere in Japan in June

AEN20160425002800315_01_i.jpg

SEOUL, April 25 (Yonhap) -- South Korean runaway hit drama "Descendants of the Sun" will premiere in Japan in June, its production company said Monday.

The pilot episode of the show starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo will air on Eisei Gekijo, a Japanese satellite TV channel, at 11 p.m. on June 21, NEW said. The broadcasting rights for the KBS 2TV series was sold for US$100,000 per episode to the Japanese network in March.

The 16-part series was showcased first in South Korea and China simultaneously, with the Chinese video streaming website iQiyi holding exclusive rights to stream it in China.

Starting April 6, the military romance drama has also been broadcast on Hong Kong's Viu TV.

The premiere dates for other locations are not yet known, NEW said.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/25/0701000000AEN20160425002800315.html

• Like 12

'Descendants of the Sun' special programs beat regular shows

A scene from the KBS 2TV series "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap)

SEOUL, April 25 (Yonhap) -- Even the special reruns of "Descendants of the Sun" surpassed other shows in viewership after the hit TV series crushed the Wednesday-Thursday night game for eight weeks, data showed Monday.

The special program, divided into three episodes, were aired from Wednesday to Friday and compiled highlights and behind-the-scenes of the show starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo.

The first episode broadcast Wednesday was watched by 17.7 percent of the TV-watching population in South Korea, more than twice the second-most watched show in the same time slot, "Goodbye, Mr. Black," at 8.8 percent. The subsequent two airings fared worse but still recorded viewership above 10 percent.

The rest of the TV landscape remained much the same as the previous week, with KBS 2TV's "Five Children" dominating weekend nights. KBS 1TV's "My Home's Honey Jar" remained the uncontested No. 1 in the weekday night game.

KBS 2TV's "My Lawyer, Mr. Jo" stood out as the only Monday-Tuesday night series to command a double-digit viewership.

On the cable side, tvN's "Memory" and "Pied Piper" continued to dwindle at 2.8 percent and 1.6 percent, respectively.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/25/0701000000AEN20160425003500315.html

• Like 11

'Descendants of the Sun' will return for a second season in 2017? KBS speaks about possible renewal

tumblr_o5qki7iqPO1utfw96o3_1280.jpg

After KBS2's mega-hit drama, "Descendants of the Sun," came to an end on April 14, many passionate viewers were calling for a second season. On April 22, KBS' drama department announced that the broadcasting company will push for another 'Descendants of the Sun" with an intended release in 2017.

"KBS will strive to produce a second 'Descendants of the Sun' to meet expectations and repay viewers, President of KBS' drama department Jung Sung Ho said, according to Naver TV, as cited by Soompi.

Jung went ahead to say that they wish to work on a project that will take after the drama closely, more especially now that the series' has greatly established the third wave of Hallyu due to its overwhelming popularity in Korea, as well as in the whole world. He then revealed that the drama team is currently in talks with "Descendants of the Sun" writer Kim Eun Sook, key cast members and producers, KBS World Radio reported.

Although nothing has been set in stone, Jung said that the discussions have so far been positive and stressed that it is still unclear whether it would be a second sequel or an entirely different show inspired by the original, adding that it does not require all the people who were involved in the previous drama.

"We are advancing with projects that the production team and cast can consent to," he clarified, stating that the actors do not decide until they read the full script.

"Descendants of the Sun" story track the personal, and professional struggles and sacrifices of Dr. Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) and Army Captain Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki), who fell in love with one another, after they were stationed in the fictional war-stricken and disease-ravaged country of Urk.

The final episode of the season ended on an open note that left the possibility of a future story open. The drama first aired on Feb. 24 and quickly became one of Korea's most popular TV series, drawing major hit rating in South Korea and received immense popularity across Asia, most prominently in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, and the Philippines.

While nothing is possible, the report should be taken with a pinch of salt unless KBS officially announced it. Check out the behind-the-scene clip below: 

http://en.yibada.com/articles/118745/20160424/descendants-sun-will-return-second-season-2017-kbs-speaks-possible.htm

• Like 7

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I think Dr. Kang would say the only thing to do is to endure it.  Which is why I'm now thinking of rewatching Sungkyunkwan Scandal. :P

YSJ & KMY is running on my head all the time :D i need to go to Haesong Hospital for a check up haha

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cutiesarjen said:

YSJ & KMY is running on my head all the time :D i need to go to Haesong Hospital for a check up haha

- and no matter what I try to do, I end up re-watching DOTS again and again - and to top it all, I smile and cringe at their kiss scenes.  I can't focus - when is this craziness going to end??????

• Like 11

Song Joong-ki news: 'Descendants of the Sun' has created a worldwide following

descendants-of-the-sun.png?w=590&h=269&l

When "Descendants of the Sun" was released in February, its producers and lead stars, Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, did not expect that it would catch fire worldwide.
The Korean military drama tells the story of a South Korean Special Forces unit captain (Song Joong-ki) and doctor (Song Hye-kyo) who found love in the epidemic-ridden country of Urk.

The show, which aired from February to April, has captured the hearts of many Koreans. However, the fire spread to other neighboring countries, such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Japan, China, and Thailand. The fire even reached, to some extent, some countries in the West and have made the lead stars household names worldwide.

The show has been so popular in China that the Ministry of Public Security warned its citizens against watching the show. However, instead of stopping the people, it even fueled curiosity, thus making it one of the most popular Korean TV shows in China.
Because of the show's popularity, there have been rumors that there might be a sequel for the show. In a report on MSN, it is said that KBS is having an internal discussion about the possibility of a sequel.

However, the head of the drama department of KBS said that a part 2 is still not sure because "actors do not decide until they read the script." The report further added that there is also a possibility that another show might be made inspired by "Descendants of the Sun."
Due to Joong-ki's popularity, it has been reported that the actor has joined the ranks of Korean A-listers and high earners, such as Lee Min-ho and Kim Soo-hyun. In fact, it is said that he earns more than the two actors' combined earnings. Allkpop revealed that the actor has earned around $2.46 million in product endorsements alone.

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/song-joong-ki-news-descendants-of-the-sun-has-created-a-worldwide-following/43198.htm

• Like 12

Photo from dots.kdrama

Photo from dots.kdrama

==============================================

"Descendants of the Sun" Song Joong-ki, 'the greatest husband material' in China

2016/04/24 

photo717495.jpg

Song Joong-ki was mentioned in "2580".

MBC "Current Affairs Magazine 2580" took a look at what direction Hallyu tourism was headed in the foreign market thanks to dramas like "Dae Jang Geum" and "Descendants of the Sun".

Foreign fans have been visiting Korea to visit the tracks of Korean stars. Thanks to "Descendants of the Sun", the city of Taebaek has decided to rebuild the set of the drama to contribute to tourism.

Other locations like Camp Greeves have been pouring down with requests of tourists' visits. Those Chinese tourists who have been there have been thrilled after being in the room where Song Joong-ki used as his waiting room.

Chinese tourists say Song Joong-ki is known as the 'ideal husband' type.

Source : stoo.asiae.co.kr/news...

Hancinema

=======================

'Descendants of the Sun' photo essay suffer a mass return

By jennywill  

Spoiler

song-joong-ki--song-hye-kyo_1461546040_a

The 'Descendants of the Sun' photo essay has been massively returned.

The photo essay had been a best seller for a short time, but the low quality of the product made over 100 fans return the photobook. Fans had asked multiple times for a directors-cut DVD and Blu-Ray, but both have been rejected. There will instead be a regular DVD with making videos and unseen cuts.

However, the producers are planning a novel and a movie. After the low-quality photobook that consisted shots of random objects instead of the actual actors, two-page photo spreads also placed main characters at the crease that frustrate fans on top of all this, the situation has many fans angry as the producers seem to be supplying low quality goods and taking advantage of the show's popularity by milking it as much as they can.

Allkpop

=================

• Like 10