[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@gilaswan the colonel did mention to shi jin that they are going back soon so for SJ not to do anything stupid in case he might not get promoted. I think their intention was for 8 months but things may have gotten delay. 

SJ have to leave early for vacation and his father's retirement. So, I dont know if he was supposed to go back to Urk after or the rest of his men are supposed to return after him. All the earthquake happens so we never get to know. 

Was reading more pages back and refarding the 3 hours. You guys, he gave the order of 3 hours doesn't mean right away. He meant when SJ goes to do his rescue is when he will become a normal civilian. Just because he orders it during the daylight, does not mean it has to be at that moment.

Also, when the alpha team came to help SJ, they mean as their own black op thing as a team. I don't think it was meant to say it was an official black op and SJ is back. But initially, SJ is not supposed to involved anyone else. However, the team came on their own, it's their choice. 

However, they did record the Argus death as killed by Shi Jin, according to the American soldiers. But there weren't any punishment because the Americans got what they wanted. Their mission was completed and Shi Jin's action did not interfere with it. Hence, why he didn't get another punishment. Cuz the Americans were going to capture or kill Argus anyway.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

SJK's Jeju Air advert... man... they should make him a pilot in his next show or whatever... hahaha... I'd fly the skies with him for sure. kekeke... How can anyone look so fine? And be so smart at the same time? What's most attractive to me is intelligence in a man, and this one has it. Yoo SiJin definitely has it. Hahaha... Smart, funny, charming. Geez. Too perfect. No wonder KMY had difficulty accepting him. 

Haha, I was just saying to my friend today: SJK went from an Army uniform to an airplane pilots uniform!  It's like they want to kill me.  :P

I just finished watching this week's episode of "Running Man," and oh wow.  Even if you're not a a regular fan of that show, you should definitely watch this one because it is filled with so much DotS-related goodness.  Watching the GooWon couple reenact their scene at the Uruk airport sent chills down my spine and it was so sweet seeing the RM members react similarly.  All these months later and they are able to step seamlessly back into their roles.  It was super awesome and so beautiful to watch. 

Jin Goo needs to do more variety!  He rocks it.  And Kim Ji Won!  I remember watching one interview with the cast and it was said she was actually the cute maknae on set, very different from her drama character.  Well, she lived up to that role in RM as well.  Could she have been any cuter??  :)

• Like 7

Expectation

tumblr_o5ogomuPsE1vpe86uo6_r1_400.gif   tumblr_o5ogomuPsE1vpe86uo8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o5ogomuPsE1vpe86uo9_r1_400.gif

Reality Nailed it :joy:

tumblr_o6k47ltVpr1vpe86uo2_r1_400.gif   tumblr_o6k47ltVpr1vpe86uo1_400.gif

tumblr_o6k47ltVpr1vpe86uo4_r1_400.gif

Meanwhile Fanboy/fangirl reactions be like...

Spoiler

Expectation 

Spoiler

tumblr_o3i5cwCaEw1qmeijao1_400.gif   tumblr_o3i5cwCaEw1qmeijao2_400.gif

tumblr_o3i5cwCaEw1qmeijao3_400.gif   tumblr_o3i5cwCaEw1qmeijao4_400.gif

Cr: kdramanostalgia.tumblr.com

Reality

Spoiler

tumblr_o6ibt62PTM1vqm9zzo2_400.gif   tumblr_o6ibt62PTM1vqm9zzo1_400.gif

tumblr_o6ibt62PTM1vqm9zzo4_400.gif   tumblr_o6ibt62PTM1vqm9zzo5_400.gif

tumblr_o6ibt62PTM1vqm9zzo3_400.gif   tumblr_o6ibt62PTM1vqm9zzo6_400.gif

Cr: daeniim.tumblr.com

Running Man is literally me in a nutshell :joy:

Spoiler

tumblr_o6iblaZ0wI1vqulhyo3_400.gif   tumblr_o6iblaZ0wI1vqulhyo4_400.gif

tumblr_o6iblaZ0wI1vqulhyo5_400.gif   tumblr_o6iblaZ0wI1vqulhyo6_400.gif

tumblr_o6iem6W5pf1vqulhyo1_500.giftumblr_o6iem6W5pf1vqulhyo2_500.giftumblr_o6iem6W5pf1vqulhyo3_500.giftumblr_o6iem6W5pf1vqulhyo4_500.giftumblr_o6iem6W5pf1vqulhyo5_500.gif

Cr: wangjinki.tumblr.com

• Like 16

tumblr_o46fvqrWhV1utlph9o10_400.gifTitle: You Did Good
Author: WinterBubbleTea
Drama: Descendant of the Sun
Genre: Grief
Gif Credit: arentwejustoutlaws.tumblr.com
Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon
Summary: Just hearing those words in her mind...didn't make her feel better.

I want to thank those kind enough to send me gif's. I do want to note that I love writing to gifs and photographs. If you want to submit some to me...and I figure what to do with them...well you sort of understand what happens....I take anything photographs...images...cartoons...

Right now trying to find a bubble bath tub....haha without it being too silly.

27 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I seriously cannot move on! Hahaha.... oh man... listening to the OST now at work... and totally digging the running man gifs @foodie27posted. hahaha...

Why do you have to move on?

• Like 9

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

SJK's Jeju Air advert... man... they should make him a pilot in his next show or whatever... hahaha... I'd fly the skies with him for sure. kekeke... How can anyone look so fine? And be so smart at the same time? What's most attractive to me is intelligence in a man, and this one has it. Yoo SiJin definitely has it. Hahaha... Smart, funny, charming. Geez. Too perfect. No wonder KMY had difficulty accepting him. 

Ikr.. make me remember some comment in IG. they said god give extra attention when creating SJK. he have it all, looks, brain, personality except height.

but his height just perfect for me tho... 

• Like 9

On 5/2/2016 at 8:26 AM, Yoona87 said:

I made this funny MV dedicated to our Dumb & Dumber!! I hope you like it :)

OMG what a comic relief...thanks @Yoona87...such a talent you have in creating this video...the music background and how the scenes were edited....so funny and entertaining...daebak!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Jalhanda said:

OMG what a comic relief...thanks @Yoona87...such a talent you have in creating this video...the music background and how it the scenes were edited....so funny and entertaining...daebak!

Yeah, I keep rewatching the vid too for comic relief. Makes me smile. Hahaha...

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

You're right! I don't! Hahahaha... As long as you chingus are still here, why move on right? kekeke...

I like that comment from @winterbubbletea...why be too hard on ourselves...if we don't feel like moving on yet, let's not do so...still have many things to spazz over DOTS and the fact that this thread is still moving is already proof that we can't still get enough of this drama =)

• Like 8

tumblr_o49luwWqtw1ro0yyxo3_400.gif
Title: He's So Cool
Author: WinterBubbleTea
Rating: PG-13
Gif Credit: http://yannycats.tumblr.com/post/141287440141
Summary: The moment that Shi Jin absolutely admires his comrade.

tumblr_o4cbf42tux1tk8zlho5_1280.jpgTitle: Star Above                           

Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon
Summary: The land of romantic gestures doesn't seem to affect our Doctor. Man she's tough.

Edit: stars above link may not be working now because I was correcting on my applet. Will correct when I wake up...sorry

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Jalhanda said:

OMG what a comic relief...thanks @Yoona87...such a talent you have in creating this video...the music background and how the scenes were edited....so funny and entertaining...daebak!

I somehow want a MV of the army guys singing I am a lumberjack and I am okay...

53 minutes ago, Jalhanda said:

I like that comment from @winterbubbletea...why be too hard on ourselves...if we don't feel like moving on yet, let's not do so...still have many things to spazz over DOTS and the fact that this thread is still moving is already proof that we can't still get enough of this drama =)

Nothing is ever over...it just seem that way haha

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Yeah, I keep rewatching the vid too for comic relief. Makes me smile. Hahaha...

Absolutely love Crack videos...

• Like 4

@themarchioness After re-watching the whole kidnapping scene, according to Myung Joo's father. Alpha Team started the operation at 8.20pm Korean Time. According to MyungJoo in one scene where Kim Beom Rae is reporting to her about Seo Dae Young its around sunset period. For a summer country, sunsets round 6.30 to 7.30. So we can safely say Urk is 4-6hours earlier than Korea. Which means Alpha Team would start operation around 12.20am. 

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Haha, I was just saying to my friend today: SJK went from an Army uniform to an airplane pilots uniform!  It's like they want to kill me.  :P

I just finished watching this week's episode of "Running Man," and oh wow.  Even if you're not a a regular fan of that show, you should definitely watch this one because it is filled with so much DotS-related goodness.  Watching the GooWon couple reenact their scene at the Uruk airport sent chills down my spine and it was so sweet seeing the RM members react similarly.  All these months later and they are able to step seamlessly back into their roles.  It was super awesome and so beautiful to watch. 

Jin Goo needs to do more variety!  He rocks it.  And Kim Ji Won!  I remember watching one interview with the cast and it was said she was actually the cute maknae on set, very different from her drama character.  Well, she lived up to that role in RM as well.  Could she have been any cuter??  :)

I know right?!? My goodness. That man. In uniform. Like wow. :w00t:

About what you said earlier too, SHK being too big for running man. Totally agree. She's too big for variety. SJK is different - for one, he started out pretty much on Running Man, so that much gives good reason for him to appear in it again, and like you, I don't begrudge him joining the Chinese version of Running Man, whatever the reason. I reckon him also smart enough to weigh it out carefully that such actions would certainly (and it did) draw some flak from the domestic market. I'm just hoping to see more of him I suppose. I know he's doing a movie next and no doubt I think it will do well domestically, but Korean movies don't do well overseas and it's very unlikely we will get to see it too. Hmm...

• Like 7