[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Interview with #JinGoo #SeoDaeYeong & #KimJiWon #YoonMyeongJu #DescendantsOfTheSunCaptain.png #GooWonCouple

CgnQLPPUUAA-mBF.jpg

CgnQLPnUgAAho83.jpgCgnQLRAVEAAXeDS.jpg

Spoiler

CgnjOlDUUAQfvaA.jpg

CgnjOqnUUAE-D5h.jpg   

CgnjO4bUYAAP3pt.jpg

c as tagged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw

"Descendants of the Sun" director's cut DVD won't be released

2016/04/21 

photo716965.jpg

Despite fans' longing wish for it, the "Descendants of the Sun" director's cut DVD isn't happening. After the fourth episode of the drama, fans established a site called '"Descendants of the Sun" director's cut DVD forwarding'. Fans even received prior purchase requisitions to secure a budget for the DVD to be made. And more than 5,000 fans signed up for the pre-sale by 3PM on the 21st. Fans knew it was worth it as soon as they saw hidden cuts of "Descendants of the Sun" in the "Descendants of the Sun - Special". However, Production Company NEW finalized that they will not be making a director's cut DVD.

According to NEW, director Lee Eung-bok just won't have the time to go through the editing process.

Instead, a behind-the-scenes from episodes 1 through 16 will be released on DVD. A novel will also be created based on the script and a theatrical movie will be put into motion as well. Several other countries also want a remake of the drama.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

Hancinema

• Like 17

Descendants of the Sun shines bright for brands

Korean hit Descendants of the Sun (DOTS) has been making waves worldwide, and some global brands have been riding that tsunami to success.

Unlike most Korean drama serials which are scripted and filmed days before being shown, DOTS was fully pre-produced before its airing in order to meet new Chinese guidelines imposed on foreign dramas.

However, the series has copped flak for blatant product placement. According to Kim Si-hyoung, the series’ director of photography the new guidelines have made it difficult to secure revenue from TV advertising, resulting in a heavy reliance on product placement (PPL) to cover production costs.  Kim shared this in an interview on KBS2 TV’s Web talk show “Got TV”.

According to AsiaOne, the revenue from product placement reached a staggering 3 billion won (SG$3.5 million).

Starring Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki, the military-romance melodrama starts in Seoul but progresses to a fictional country, where military personnel and medical staff work hand-in-hand to tackle disaster situations. According to the Yonhap News Agency, ratings shot to the 30% range in just a few weeks, outperforming My Love from Another Star, the last k-drama to become a global hit.

The show has done so well that new three-part special episodes are scheduled to run from 20 to 24 April 2016 to satisfy fans suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Prior to these new episodes, a total 16-episodes were aired on KBS2 TV.

How has the series helped brands?

Brands that are associated with the series have reported a rise in sales following the placements, giving DOTS a push in revenue which allowed it to surpass My Love from the Star as well. For instance, Subway and Laneige said they have seen a rise sales revenue and brand awareness as the show took off.

Laneige

Song Hye Kyo, the female lead in DOTS, is also a Laneige brand ambassador. In a statement to Marketing, Doreen Chia, brand manager of Laneige Singapore, shared the positive impact the Korean drama had on their brand awareness and products.

“As the lead actress is our brand ambassador, DOTS has definitely increased the awareness of the brand with its high viewership,” said Doreen Chia, brand general manager of Laneige Singapore.

This has translated into boosting sales and expanding their customer base to reach those who have never used its products. Chia added:

We have seen a spike in sales for the colours of the Laneige Two Tone Lip Bars featured in the show and have seen an increase in the number of visitors on the brand website.

According to an email statement to The Korea Herald/Asia News Network from Laneige’s parent company AmorePacific, the number of times the lipstick worn by Song was searched on the Internet surged 11 times since the airing of the drama.

“The lipstick (Laneige’s Two-Tone Lip Bar) became a bestseller in March and has sold out in some stores,” it said.

DOTS_LANEIGE_3DOTS_LANEIGE_1

Subway

According to Eileen Lau, marketing manager of Subway Southeast Asia & South Korea, Subway Korea saw a rise in customers following the airing of the drama.

“The association with a wildly successful Korean drama like DOTS and its artistes has definitely given a boost in the brand awareness as we are seeing an increase in online searches and an uplift in the traffic and sales to stores, especially so for the home country of South Korea,” Lau said.

The brand is currently exploring an integrated approach with Korean dramas, such as looking at on-ground opportunities with the drama cast, conceptualising themed promotional offers and more. They are also open to cross regional collaborations for titles that achieved success across Asia.

DOTS_SUBWAY_7DOTS_SUBWAY_5

DOTS_SUBWAY_3DOTS_SUBWAY_1

Viu, a Hong Kong based Korean entertainment streaming platform which streams DOTS for free, also reported a rise in app downloads and page views during the running of the series.

“Based on our earlier research, 53% of online viewers surveyed in Singapore watch Korean dramas on a regular basis. The recent interest and surge in views on our platforms show that Singapore has indeed a strong demand for Korean content,” said Anson Tan, general manager of digital media Singapore, PCCW Media, which owns Viu.

According to a statement given by Viu to Marketing, video views increased about five-fold during the period when DOTS was running on its platform. This was also further supported by the increase in its app installation which rose by 2.5 times.

“The high smartphone penetration here further enables fans to easily meet their Korean drama needs with either streaming or download options via Viu. We are excited to see such strong growth and engagement from the viewers, as this validates our strategy to bring localised premium Asian content to Singapore,” Tan said.

K-value for brands

For brands like Laneige, product placement not only increases exposure to those unfamiliar with the brand but also reaches out to a different demographic depending on the genre of the drama.

“Riding on the popularity of the show, we can amplify the effect through postings on social media platforms to emphasise on the featured products, as well as using point of sale materials to highlight the products and the show,” Chia said.

To brands like Subway, product placement is part of the marketing mix as a means to attract new customers through fans of the drama and establish the brand in other regions, in this case Asia. Lau added:

Luck is a critical factor in a drama’s success as well, as our decision to buy into a drama is often just a calculated risk. For popular hits like DOTS, we saw a spillover effect to the rest of the Asian countries.

“The effectiveness of such a strategy depends on the success of the drama, the amount of exposure, as well as the stage of brand development in each market,” she added.

(Image credits: Viu.com)

http://www.marketing-interactive.com/descendants-of-the-sun-shines-bright-for-brands/

• Like 14

Mostly the content is the same but the video they included is cute and the red carpet pic of HyeKyo is very beautiful ...hopefully she will walk many red carpets for DOTS :)

‘Descendants Of The Sun’ Star Song Hye Kyo Gushes About Song Joong Ki; Admits To Feeling ‘Jittery’ Acting Next To Him

17th Shanghai International Film Festival - Red Carpet & Opening Ceremony

SHANGHAI, CHINA - JUNE 14: Actress Song Hye Kyo arrives for the red carpet of the 17th Shanghai International Film Festival at Shanghai Grand Theatre on June 14, 2014 in Shanghai, China.
(Photo : Feng Li/Getty Images)

Korean actress Song Hye Kyo recently shared her thoughts on working alongside Song Joong Ki in the hit KBS2 drama "Descendants of the Sun." The 34-year-old actress gushed about her co-star and admitted to feeling "jittery" while acting next to him.

"Descendants of the Sun" has officially come to an end, but fans across the globe are still having a hard time getting over the hit Korean drama. At a press conference on Wednesday, Apr. 20, Song Hye Kyo praised her co-star Song Joong Ki.

"Song Joong-ki did such a good job at achieving that difficult task, and made (the character Yoo Shi-jin) charming," she told reporters, according to Asia One.

Song Hye Kyo shared that when she read the script for "Descendants of the Sun," she knew that the male lead would help make the show a success. Hye Kyo admitted that Joong Ki did a good job at doing so and called him the "perfect male lead," as seen in the show's success in Korea and in various parts of the world.

"I would sometimes get jittery acting alongside him," she said.

Song Hye Kyo also told the reporters that Song Joong Ki is unlike other junior actors in the industry because he always strives to work hard and do his best.

"He did everything a male lead should do perfectly. He is a great guy," Hye Kyo added.

Meanwhile, "DOTS" will be airing its last of the three-part special episode today, Apr. 22 on KBS2. The said episode is expected to feature an epilogue, which will see what happened to Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo), Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki), Seo Dae Young (Jin Goo) and Yoon Myeong Joo (Kim Ji Won) after the finale episode.

Speaking to Sports Chosun, co-writer Kim Won Suk explained why "Descendants of the Sun" did not have a typical love triangle storyline, reports Soompi. The co-writer shared that scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook wanted to have two romantic lines for the series.

"Our strategy was to show their separate love [stories] and stand on their own in a cool way," he said.

http://www.parentherald.com/articles/38603/20160422/descendants-of-the-sun-star-song-hye-kyo-gushes-about-song-joong-ki-admits-to-feeling-jittery-acting-next-to-him.htm

• Like 12

You know the extra hugging scene that was aired in yesterday's special? Does anybody know which episode it's from? Because I remember seeing it before in one of the episodes prior to the release of the special. It wasn't as long as the special but the hugging scene was definitely included lol. Thanks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ryau said:

You know the extra hugging scene that was aired in yesterday's special? Does anybody know which episode it's from? Because I remember seeing it before in one of the episodes prior to the release of the special. It wasn't as long as the special but the hugging scene was definitely included lol. Thanks!

yes, the scene showed as the preview of ep 14, end of ep 13 they didn't give us the preview of ep 14 instead this hugging scene was showed, just a bit, in special ep last night we have the whole uncut scene :wub:

still no balcony kiss, shame, KBS shame, 100 takes for kiss scene but all we have is a view from Mars :angry:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, melissala said:

No, it's over after tomorrow's 90 minute special 

Gosh! then....  i have to daily marathon from ep 1 - 16 again and again then... I am going to miss Captain Big Boss Yoo Shi Jin alot! Dr Beauty Kang Mo Yeon's motivation words ... kkkkk .. and the rest of the crew..... 

• Like 8

Heya everyone....I am back....Urgh. Been super busy and haven't have time to properly read everything here.

And I ONLY JUST finished watching the 2 specials. (And....can you believe my bf beat me to it? He watched them before me, watched all the conferences and most recently SHK's and I haven't even....and he has been updating me...LOL. such a fanboy he has become!)

Watching the 2 specials make me realize what @themarchioness said. So ON POINT. Some of us (me...a little) was quite sidetrack with "oh..how I wish there was more depth to Argus's story" or "They should explain more on YSJ and SDY's MIA-ness".... and we kinda lost the focus that DOTS is ACTUALLY...ESSENTIALLY ....a LOVE STORY. 

The events that happened in DOTS are meant to bring this two people together and to see if their relationship could sail through. (Like my bf said, they could have ended everything in Ep2, but fate brought them together, again they could have ended things in Ep5, but again there was an earthquake.) Which reminds me to SJK's interview about Dots. He joked that it takes helicopters, war & earthquakes to bring 2 people together. 

The specials are really really beautiful. Makes me appreciate YSJ and KMY more. And hands down, best Kdrama couple ever. 

I wish I have a bit more time, but I hope to upload some pics. @kokodus You will be properly credited. Once I get my hands around it. Hahaha. I am such a noob! 

Sidenote....The photo essay by the photographer is available for purchase?????

• Like 14

Song Hye-kyo Recalls Difficulties in Latest Hit TV Series

Actress Song Hye-kyo recalled the filming of KBS' hit TV series "Descendants of the Sun" at a press event on Wednesday after the soap ended last week.

Song opened up about the challenges of shooting scenes in mixed order.

"Scenes that require emotional depth were the hardest part," the actress said.

"TV soaps are usually shot in order while being aired, so it is easier to follow a character's feelings. But in the case of 'Descendants of the Sun,' the whole series was shot before the first episode aired and we had to switch over one scene to the other, passing through all the episodes, for the sake of convenience in arranging filming locations and other things."

Song Hye-kyo

"I'm so grateful for the success of the TV series. Thanks to the hugely-popular soap, I was able to meet and get along with many great actors. They are great gifts to me," Song said.

Recently, Song got some media attention after she refused a modelling offer from Mitsubishi Motors due to its involvement in Japanese atrocities during World War II.

"I just try to be not only a better actress but also a better person," she said.

tumblr_o5s30nJ2J31sp2kg8o2_500.png
Spoiler

tumblr_o5s30nJ2J31sp2kg8o1_500.png

via descendants-of-the-sun.tumblr.com

• Like 18

We always have that one friend....Feeling the bromance hahaha :lol:

tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo3_400.gif  tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo2_400.gif  tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo4_400.gif

tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo5_400.gif  tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo6_400.gif

tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo8_400.gif  tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo9_400.gif

tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo7_400.gif  tumblr_o5zoh2AmRB1vqm9zzo10_400.gif

Cr: daeniim.tumblr.com

Still praying to the Drama Gods for these bts....that is if there isn't another deleted scene or epilogue scene related to this subject :wink:

But seriously, I will honestly toilet paper your house director-nim, producer-nim, or whoever the hell you are that's making these specials. If you don't include them in tonight's special...Hell will break loose :naughty:

Spoiler

tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko1_400.gif  tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko5_r2_400.gif

tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko3_r6_400.gif  tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko2_r7_400.gif

tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko4_r4_400.gif  tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko6_r2_400.gif

tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko7_r1_400.gif  tumblr_o5y7cri58d1smxxiko8_r2_400.gif

Cr: kdramadose.tumblr.com

Man these specials are making me miss Urk :bawling: Guess I just have to marathon DotS again :joy:

tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko2_r1_400.gif  tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko8_r6_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko4_r2_400.gif  tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko3_r4_400.gif

tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko5_r4_400.gif  tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko1_r3_400.gif

tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko7_r1_400.gif  tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko9_r4_400.gif

tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko6_r1_400.gif  tumblr_o5czmza8In1smxxiko10_r2_400.gif

Cr: kdramadose.tumblr.com

• Like 21

Just watched the 2 specials again and just love the way they hug....

It's just  so snuggly... With the swayed the hips....   Best hugging scenes in drama....

also the kisses, best kisses in kdrama,. Truck scene and ending....

warm fuzzy feeling when you see it..

another thing, I picked up on, 

i think KMY and YSJ have been 'naughty'.  

The coffee shop scene with the love heart swirling the coffee...

KMY mentions it's sexy when YSJ swirls it, then YSJ says it's too early for that...that's basically implying they have done the deed. :)

sorry for being a perve..... Hahaha....   :)

• Like 12

'Descendants of the Sun' to be produced into a movie?

misc_1461301234_af_org.jpg

The creators of 'Descendants of the Sun' clarified rumors regarding the drama's DVD and movie. 

Recently, rumors about a director's cut DVD arose, causing excitement among fans. However, the reports have been found to be false. A representative of NEW emphasized, "A director's cut DVD is something that came into discussion due to the requests of fans. However, it's not going to be produced. Producer Lee Eung Bok is unavailable to make such a special edition. A regular DVD containing the 16 episodes, a making-of clip, and more will be produced instead."

What was especially exciting is that the rep revealed, "We are currently in discussion with KBS regarding the content production, and one of them is a movie edition of 'Descendants of the Sun'. A Chinese remake is also one possibility."

A movie version of 'Descendants of the Sun'? What's your opinion?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/descendants-of-the-sun-to-be-produced-into-a-movie

~~~~~~~~~

‘Descendants of the Sun’ director’s cut scrapped

Despite strong interest from fans, the production company of the TV series “Descendants of the Sun” has cancelled plans to include director’s cut footage in its DVD and Blu-ray releases, according to Next Entertainment World. 

The production company cited lack of time as the reason. 

“We have discussed this as we’ve seen a high level of interest, but the producer Lee Eung-bok doesn’t have enough time to deal with this,” a source from the company told local news outlet Sports Donga.

The decision is likely to leave fans disappointed, as there has been an online community calling for the production of the director’s edition since the fourth episode of the drama was aired. As of Thursday at 3 p.m. some 5,000 people had made bookings to purchase it. 

The DVD release of “Descendants of the Sun” will contain full episodes and behind-the-scenes footage. Also, films and novels inspired by the series will be made, according to Next Entertainment World.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604221530143950526_2

• Like 16

Song Hye-kyo interview Part ① ‘Descendants of the Sun’

Global star actress Song Hye-kyo held a press interview session at the Four Seasons Hotel in Seoul on Wednesday. The K-pop Herald put questions from global readers to the 34-year-old age-defying beauty Song. Below is the first installment of the Song Hye-kyo interview series.

Actress Song Hye-kyo (UAA)

On her takeaway from “Descendants of the Sun”: [asked by En Xian (Singapore), Liliana (Indonesia), Megan Chang (the United States)]

“I made many friends, all of a sudden. Lee Seung-joon, Seo Jeong-yeon, Onew of SHINee from the Haesung Hospital medical team, Park Hoon and Ahn Bo-hyun from Taebaek Army, and of course Jin Goo, Kim Ji-won and Song Joong-ki. Well, I cannot even count how many. I was rewarded with so many nice friends. They helped me overcome hard times during the filming. Oh, I almost forgot Kim Min-seok. He is my favorite. I hope the entire cast could maintain this relationship.”

“I had gone through many incidents for the last three years after I filmed ‘That Winter, the Wind Blows.’ I found the role in ‘Descendants of the Sun,’ so critical. I thought Kang Mo-yeon role might be my last chance in my acting career. But the surprisingly huge success gave me another chance for me to act.”

Spoiler

On the most impressive scene: [asked by BoomBimm (Thailand) Thunthika Deachasiri (Thailand) Maria (France) Choi Woo-jin (South Korea) Shee Moo Paw (Myanmar) Bea (the Philippines) Park Se-jeong (South Korea) Valencia Adetya (Indonesia) Tiffany Yun (South Korea) Julius (China) Emily Wong (Malaysia) Caroline Orada and Manilyn Magcanam (the Philippines) Kaye Cabriana (the Philippines) Lizette S. Delos Santos (the Philippines) Hevi Milda (Indonesia) Choi Woo-jin (South Korea) Sasya (Indonesia)]

“As a viewer, the scene with the line ’May I confess, or may I apologize?’ gave me goosebumps. I was content with my act and voice tone at the scene.”

On the scene she became devastated in the 15th episode: [asked by Van Phan (Vietnam) Choi Woo-jin (South Korea) Hannah Do (Vietnam)]

“Let’s compare Kang Mo-yeon at ‘Descendants of the Sun’ and Oh Young at ‘That Winter, the Wind Blows.’ Oh Young is depressed in nature because of bad memories from the beginning, while Kang Mo-yeon, carefree in earlier episodes, undergoes emotional change after she got along with Yoo Si-jin. It was hard to spot Kang’s gradual change of emotion.”

“The other challenging part was, we filmed the scenes location by location. So it was normal to film a scene from the first episode and the seventh episode all on the same day. This was somewhat distracting to be fully immersed into Kang Mo-yeon’s emotion. This also could be one of the disadvantages of a pre-produced series. But I managed to act a heart-wretched Kang Mo-yeon at last.”

On her secret of the wailing scene: [asked by Lee Hwa-jeong (South Korea) Hevi Milda (Indonesia) Mia Cajita (the United States)]

“I never cared about how I looked when I have to bring myself to tears. If I care about my looks while crying, I cannot focus. I have to completely focus on my emotion while taking such scenes. To have myself fully immersed, I have to tell makeup staffs not to come near me. When my teardrop spoils my makeup, they come to fix it, and at the very moment I get distracted. I don’t want that to happen. I persuade them, saying the makeup is not an issue. I do not realize how my crying face looks until I watch the episode on television.”

On the popularity of the series: [asked by Ika Widyasari (Indonesia) Angel (Hong Kong)]

“I didn’t realize how popular the series was as I stayed at home to watch the drama, until I visited Hong Kong for promotion in April. I did read news about the series’ popularity, but the Hong Kong visit stunned me. That was the first time I realized how immense the popularity was. Especially, some female fans in their school uniform followed Song Joong-ki around. That reminded me of the old days.”

“I was so proud to see that, as if a mother felt proud of her son. I was happy to see my partner in the drama series became a new hallyu star. I thought I was dreaming.”

Messages for the cast members who gained stardom after the series: [asked by The K-pop Herald]

“I’m really glad to see Song Joong-ki, Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won rise to stardom. I have acted with Jin Goo in a series ‘All In’ and a decade later, we met again. I’m so happy to observe his rising popularity. He recently opened an Instagram account. He looks happy these days. I originally thought, the masculine Jin Goo would never be interested in posting pictures of his private life, but he is doing it! I was so surprised. Why didn’t I realize he was such an adorable person.”

“Speaking of Kim Ji-won, she made debut a long time ago. I’m so delighted to see such a kind lady under spotlight now. I wish her the best in her future career."

"And Song Joong-ki. Well, he is at his peak. He knows what to do.”

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com) and Lee Ja-hye (jahye@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604211710249562761_2

Song Hye-kyo interview Part ② ‘Life as Top Star‘

On the success in her acting career: [asked by Tu Ngoc (Vietnam) My Han (Vietnam) Jenny Nguyen (Vietnam) Quynh Vu (Vietnam) Thuy (Vietnam) Oanh (Vietnam) Mai Phan Duyen Anh (Vietnam) Dinh Thuy Duong (Vietnam) Tran Van Trung (Vietnam) Kathlyn Laudit (the Philippines) Venice Natividad (the Philippines) Rafika Nilasari (Indonesia)]

“Acting has never been easy, and it will never be. When I was younger, I thought time will tell. But as I become more seasoned, it was the complete opposite. I became very nervous whenever I start filming a new work, to this day. I think a lot about the character I play. I became stressed thinking about how to portray the character the best way.

“Even after completing a successful role, nothing much changes. I will do as I have always been doing. It won’t lead to any change of direction in my career.”

On life as top celebrity Song Hye-kyo: [asked by The K-pop Herald]

Spoiler

“Song Hye-kyo is like an ordinary person. I used to have many friends to hang out with when I was young. I had so many that I could not take care of all of them. Nowadays, the older I get, I lose more friends. I became increasingly cautious in terms of relationships to the degree that I only hang out with those who can tolerate anything that I do. I cry if something bad happens, I grab a drink with friends when I get stressed out, I travel, I sometimes lash out at my closest friends. The only difference is that I’m a celebrity and I’m shown to the world. Apart from that, I think I’m like most women my age.”

“Nowadays, as the filming session is complete, I usually stay idle. I was so stressed out and exhausted, which leaves me spaced out. Now is the time for recovery, without worrying about anything.”

On her patriotic-driven project with professor Seo Kyoung-duk: [asked by Intan Amandita (Indonesia) Meevie Love Toledo (the Philippines) Lee Hyun-soo (South Korea)]

“Professor Seo and I have worked on a string of projects over several years. I noticed that when I visited a museum abroad, Korean instructions on an artwork or an object were not given, while Chinese or Japanese instructions were available. I asked him why, and I said it’s deplorable. News reports about our project spread. I thought it was just a minor thing. I still have a lot to learn. Helping Seo gives me a lot of lessons. I ask him questions while doing the project, and he answers me, then I‘m on a learning process. I believe I’m in the right direction, so I will continue our project,”

On her future acting roles and upcoming projects: [asked by Melina Tiarso (Indonesia), Cybelle Futalan (the Philippines) Camille Aniguid (the Philippines) Sharon Oh (Singapore) Virna (Indonesia) Amanda (the United States) Albina Atisheva (Kazakhstan) Carla Cruz (the Philippines) Venice Natividad (the Philippines) Kim Da-song (South Korea) Ngan (Vietnam) Mai Dung (Vietnam) Kang So-eun (South Korea) Park Se-jeong (South Korea) Nichakamol Chaifu (Thailand) Lee Hwa-jeong (South Korea) Mix M. (China) Tiffany Yun (South Korea) Christine Chow (Singapore) Paige Lee (Malaysia) Caroline Orada and Manilyn Magcanam (the Philippines) Cecilia (Hong Kong) Neneng Fitriani (Indonesia) Angela Tao (China) Jennifer (the United States) Yangliu (China) Oh Min-young (South Korea) Regina Reyes (the Philippines) Xin Yi (Singapore) Luna (Vietnam) Meevie Love Toledo (the Philippines) Putri Aisyah (Indonesia) Hansa (Indonesia) Thu Dng (Vietnam) Mia Cajita (the United States) Fidah (Indonesia) Sun Lan (China) Choi Woo-jin (South Korea) Lee Hyun-soo (South Korea) Saba (Pakistan) Kou Xingxing (China) Jiayii Pan (Malaysia) Tinsley (Hong Kong) An (Vietnam)]

“I haven’t decided which project I will be engaged in. I hope I could work with like-minded staff and actors. I’m not sure whether my future project is Chinese or Korean.”

“On the character I want to play in the future, I have a lot in mind, but as you see, there are only limited roles a Korean actress could play. I do get offers for roles in thrillers, a genre I never tried before, but I haven’t accepted a role because there are many things to consider, like the quality of the writing. I wish there were more diverse choices for actresses, as there are for actors. A lot of great Korean actresses remain out of the limelight because the roles they can play are limited. I hope directors could offer actresses more diverse genres or more multidimensional characters.

On plans for marriage: [asked by Roxan Syska (the Philippines) Sharon Oh (Singapore) Virna (Indonesia) Venice Natividad (the Philippines) Tu Ngoc (Vietnam) My Han (Vietnam) Jenny Nguyen (Vietnam) Quynh Vu (Vietnam) Thuy (Vietnam) Oanh (Vietnam) Mai Phan Duyen Anh (Vietnam) Uyen Pham (Vietnam) Aline Tran (Vietnam) Minh Hang (Vietnam) Amoy (Indonesia) Tran Van Trung (Vietnam) Natasha Cecilia (Indonesia) Nguyen Hanh (Vietnam) Dinh Thuy Duong (Vietnam) Neneng Fitriani (Indonesia) Eiryazieliszya (Malaysia) Sandy Mok (China) Farah Sharon (Indonesia) Angela Tao (China) Hang Trinh (Vietnam) Karen (Vietnam) Thao Hieu (Vietnam) Siwi (Indonesia) Nadya Zeane (Indonesia) Regina Reyes (the Philippines) Lee Eun-ji (South Korea) Sun Lan (China)]

“I’m old enough to get married. But I see myself swaying. One day I’m like ‘I should marry someone soon’ and another day I’m like ‘Why get married? I’m a free-spirited individual. I can travel to all kinds of places without asking anyone’s permission. I can do whatever I want.’ But someday the day for marriage will eventually come.”

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com) and Lee Ja-hye (jahye@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604221402033178682_2

• Like 18

Captain YSJ sure knows how to win KMY's heart....

tumblr_o5qfizyk301qayzpmo1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_o5qfizyk301qayzpmo2_r1_540.gif

cr chocobeam.tumblr.com

LOL ...I can relate I spend more time online these days too but not for online shopping anymore ....online for everything DOTS related :lol: 

Fever 'Descendants of the Sun' Create Online Shop in Korea Loss

Fever 'Descendants of the Sun' Create Online Shop in Korea Loss

With its popularity, it turns Descendants of The Sun slightly bring harm to the other party. Syndrome drama Song Hye Gyo and Song Joong Ki This makes online shopping in Korea did not sell.

Most women make purchases online in the evenings after work. But when Descendants of The Sun started running, everything changed drastically. KBS drama is indeed a favorite of women 20-30s years. Because Fever Descendants of The Sun, they prefer to watch dramas than buying goods in online shop.

Reported Drama Fever, since the Descendants of The Sun sales in the online shop to be down 9% every Wednesday and Thursday at 22:00 local time. It is also recognized by the credit card companies.

e-commerse Companies in Korea can now be relieved Descendants of The Sun was over. Although quite bring little loss in online shopping, in fact the drama which was shot in Greece was actually expected to bring the country’s foreign exchange tablets.
This drama is disclosed profit to 3 trillion won, equivalent to Rp 34.6 trillion. Not to mention, the set Descendants of The Sun rebuilt to become new tourist attractions.

http://www.newshub.asia/celebrity/fever-descendants-of-the-sun-create-online-shop-in-korea-loss.html

• Like 14

‘Descendants of the Sun’ (DoTS) movie and Chinese version drama coming soon

‘Descendants of the Sun’ (DoTS) to be made into a movie and a Chinese drama

"Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) will come to an end with special episode 3 on April 22, Friday. However, the fan-favourite television series, starring Song Joong-ki (Yoo Shi Jin), Song Hye-Kyo (Kang Mo Yeon), Kim Ji-won (Yoon Myung Ju) and Jin Goo (Seo Dae Young) is expected to return as a two-hour movie as well as a book. Read on for the detailed scoop. KBS' mega-hit series "Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) closed with an open-ended finale on April 14, Thursday. The network extended the run with three-part special episodes including an epilogue to the story of Shi Jin, Mo Yeon, Myung Ju and Dae Young.
In the meantime, the South Korean production company has announced that "Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) will be adapted into a novel and a movie for its fans, according to Yonhap News. The decision has been reportedly made to "capitalize on the show's success."
According to the report, the company is already working on the script of the show as it attempts to present it to the audience in the form a novel. Meanwhile, the discussions about making the 16-episode series into "Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) movie are already in the process.
"We are looking for ways to make good use of the content," company's representative said as quoted. They are looking at remaking the show into a book and a movie first. However, release date and other details are not yet decided. At the same time, rumours regarding Chinese version of the drama are already making the rounds.
Unfortunately, the report notes, "Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) will not be getting director's cut DVD. This has reportedly disappointed millions of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo fans. Nonetheless, fans can expect a regular DVD containing the episodes, highlights, and behind-the-camera clips, in the market soon.
"Descendants of the Sun" (DoTS) will air its final special episode tonight. As noted by Soompi, the final special episode is expected to feature some behind-the-camera action as well as an epilogue. So, stay tuned to KBS at 10:00 pm.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/118261/20160422/descendants-sun-dots-made-movie-chinese-drama.htm

• Like 14