[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Btw guys, i just read a news that Seo Da Young is REAL in South Korea Army

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604101509444991625_2

Korean Special Warfare Command Master Sgt. Seo Dae-young, depicted in megahit drama “Descendants of the Sun,” exists in real life. 

“Thanks to the series, I became very famous in the brigade” said Seo, enjoying the limelight as actor Jin Goo plays a character of the same name in the drama. 

Yonhap News Agency ran a Seo’s profile Sunday, saying in real life he is as committed as the drama character. 

Seo, 30, belongs to 1st Airborne Brigade of the Republic of Korea Special Warfare Command. 

Special Forces Master Sgt. Seo Dae-young (Yonhap)

The name, rank, the command assigned to are not the only similarities. Seo in real life was stationed in Iraq in 2006, just as the drama character was dispatched to the faraway nation Uruk. 

Seo in real life also fell in love with a soldier. The difference is, he tied the knot with the soldier -- Sgt. 1st Class Seo Ar-i -- unlike the drama character, who had no choice but to break up with First Lt. Yoon Myung-joo. 

Jin Goo acting Special Forces Master Sgt. Seo Dae-young (KBS 2TV)

Seo has been recognized as a model soldier for the feats and acts of goodwill toward civilians, according to Yonhap.

“I am proud of my black beret, symbol of Special Forces soldiers,” Seo said. “I will dedicate myself to serve for my country.” 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 13

Not sure if this has been asked, but I don't really want to flip through a thousand pages of comments and a search doesn't show anything so here goes.

Anyone know if there is a list of all product placements from the drama?

I really want to know what the headphones Shi-Jin has during the wheelchair scene and Chun-Soo (I think they were the same headphones) has on during the last episode when he's trying to hear for Blackie's real name.

Thanks.

• Like 2

RANS BAIDU :

The cinematographer said songsong shot kissing scence over a HUNDRED TIME. Everytime joongki had NG Hye kyo would say " One More time ". The did so many takes in order to have the best Result. .See guys 100 TIMES KISSING ! OMG !!!
  • Like 15

@annettegatuslao On point! 

Agree with Point 1, 2 (especially 2!) & 3.

However I am ok with the ending. A lot of people don't really get it. The ending is a joke. The volcano thing. It's like the writer is joking with us by being really crazy and unrealistic and throwing in a volcano eruption. Lol!  

I would like to add in,

1.Yoo Si Jin flashback to his captain when he got shot (Ep.15)

It would have been really nice if it is not just the captain he say, but KMY. It would have been even more heartbreaking. The could have him remembering KMY and her beautiful smile that he always love and him with tears in his eyes said, "I'm sorry I could not keep my promise."

As many, I too wonder why 16 episodes? Not enough budget since it was pre-produced? Clearly an additional one or two or even one is enough to fill in some gap of YSJ & SDY's MIA time.

Still....I'll just take whatever it is. It is still better than other Kdramas. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, soudeny said:

Sorry eveyone to ask this question. Can anyone tell me which episode that has a flashback cafe scene that SJ put the chocolate and MY said it's erotic? I seem to miss this scene and I want to watch it.

It's in episode 15. The part where after she met YMJ and was holding the doll and  walking pass Dal.Komm cafe. 

• Like 2

@kokodus Thank you for this game. It's so fun to know people favorites' picks. I'm struggling to pick one out of too many great scenes

My favourites:

Favourite scene : YSJ's facial expression after he jumped out of the window and the way he put his hands in pockets when he talked to KMY thereafter xDI especially like his acting during that scene. he was cool and confident.  and it just shows me that he was so over the moon inside. I was so happy for him. 

Favorite ep : Everything in ep 8. The way Snoppy kicked the Diamond guy,  the way YSJ comforted the trapped worker... the way SDY cursed at the Diamond guy and the smirked when YSJ hearing MY's confession 

Favourite line (YSJ) : When MY cried at the begining of ep 8, she asked SJ that: "Aren't there any dark, shady place around here?" because she wanted to be alone.

YSJ replied her with these lines : "That's what a man usually says" ( it's him always being witty to comfort people).

He continued: 

"Then I should trying my best at being "shady"? - (This line is a gold to me, it says that he always wants to be her that "shady place"/her boyfriend where she could feel relieved and comfortable. 

He continued "I need to hear you answer so that I can wipe your tears" (He was respectful here, and it  shows how much he cares for her, and how heavy-hearted he feel when seeing her cry. Because he confessed earlier (the third time) that he missed her, whatever he did couldn't let him not to think of her, so he wants to hear her answer to able to wipe her tears - a loving gesture that lovers do for each others) 

Favourite line (from KMY) : "That wasn't me"/ "That wasn't Captain Yoo"... Her reasoning is just one of a kind xD 

"You only say stuff like that while you hand over an envelope full of money. Why are telling me to break up with him while you offer nothing?" 

Favourite line (from SDY) : "Three" haha / "Yoon Myung Ju is an angle since the moment she stepped into my life " (it's cheesy but I burst into tears when I hear he says it) 

Favorite line (from YMJ) : "His appearance isn't my style. He looks like a girl" 

Favourite line in general: YSJ: "I'm telling you that you should use this chance to get her pregnant and deliver here" (LOL, that's when i and my friend continued shout out "wow this drama is so cool" xD it's so fun watching this drama with friends)

Favourite scene (SDY-YMJ) : The selfie scene - their love is just so cute  

Favourite character : Yoo Si Jin 

Favourite kiss : Shipwreck kiss is just perfect, but the truck kiss gave me so much feels... I remember that I was so much emotional after that scene and I couldn't do anything after that. My hands was shaking and my mouth was hurt because grinning so hard. I was so happy for Captain Yoo Si Jin. 

Favourite LOL moment : when YSJ put the earphone and his facial expression was so sly, and then fell off from the wheelchair LOL.... I've never thought that even a person falling off is that such cute and fun. I love that scene the most in this drama 

Favourite OST : Talk Love

• Like 12

I disappeared for a day and came back to congratulate everyone for reaching 1000 (and more) pages and all I found are discussions about 'byeontaeism'.  I guess it is okay to have such discussions - the moderators won't punish us - assuming all of us are almost up the hill,  or over the hill like me.  I may be over the hill but that wouldn't stop me from imagining - what kind of excitement rubbing socks would do.

Keep it alive, peeps!!!

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

@annettegatuslao On point! 

Agree with Point 1, 2 (especially 2!) & 3.

However I am ok with the ending. A lot of people don't really get it. The ending is a joke. The volcano thing. It's like the writer is joking with us by being really crazy and unrealistic and throwing in a volcano eruption. Lol!  

I would like to add in,

1.Yoo Si Jin flashback to his captain when he got shot (Ep.15)

It would have been really nice if it is not just the captain he say, but KMY. It would have been even more heartbreaking. The could have him remembering KMY and her beautiful smile that he always love and him with tears in his eyes said, "I'm sorry I could not keep my promise."

As many, I too wonder why 16 episodes? Not enough budget since it was pre-produced? Clearly an additional one or two or even one is enough to fill in some gap of YSJ & SDY's MIA time.

Still....I'll just take whatever it is. It is still better than other Kdramas. 

@CatWhiskers I was actually pondering on why YSJ had this serious attachment to the captain that passed away when they rescued Argus. I mean, they never really showed a flashback signaling that YSJ and the captain had a lot of good memories together. We had to assume that they did. That's why I couldn't find it in myself to cry when he got shot because it was still the captain he was thinking about and not KMY. I just find it really weird. 

And as for the 16 episodes, I read in a certain site that DOTS was supposed to have around 20 episodes, but the production cost was starting to get in the way, so they had to cut it short ;_________;

• Like 8

200.gif   

200.gif

============

Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo Show Off Their Bromance

Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo Show Off Their Bromance

Move over, Song-Song couple – Song-Goo couple is in the house!

On April 18, “Descendants of the Sun” star Jin Goo shared a photo of some of the cast at his mother’s shop. Jin Goo uses the popularity of the drama to promote his mom’s store with some help from his fellow Alpha Team cast.

However, what many netizens are noticing is the fact that Jin Goo and Song Joong Ki are making kissy faces at each other. The bromantic picture was shared alongside pictures of Jin Goo with his mother and Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo, making the pose even more hilarious by comparison.

song song couple

If you haven’t had enough of “Descendants of the Sun,” make sure you tune in for the three special episodes that will air this week, starting on April 20 KST!

soompi

• Like 21

Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won’s Bed Scene Revealed to Have Been Edited Out of “Descendants of the Sun”

Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won’s Bed Scene Revealed to Have Been Edited Out of “Descendants of the Sun”

Descendants of the Sun” director Kim Si Hyung revealed the existence of a bed scene being edited out of the drama.

On April 18, the director appeared on KBS’s YouTube show “Got TV” and revealed behind-the-scenes stories about the drama and filming.

He confesses, “It’s regretful that scenes got edited out, but I’m especially sorry that Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won’s bed scene got cut.”

The director explains, “During one of the flashback scenes, there’s a line that goes ‘Then let’s go sleep.’ There was a bed scene after that. I think it got cut during the latter half of the editing process, but it wasn’t vulgar.”

SOOMPI

=====

'Descendants of the Sun' director of photography says Goo-Won couple's entire 'bed scene' was edited out

2016/04/18 | 

photo714538.jpg

KBS 2TV's 'Descendants of the Sun' director of photography Kim Si-hyeong revealed one of the behind-the-scenes stories of Goo-Won couple.

Director Kim appeared in GotTV, a live talk show by KBS Mobile on April 18th. He was asked if there as any scene that was edited out, about which he felt sorry.

He answered it was Goo-Won couple's 'bed scene'. He said, "There was originally a bed scene included in their flashback scenes in episode 4". He said the bed scene was not an intense one though. Director Kim explained, "It was just a scene in which Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won-I are lying down on a bed side by side".

He also said, "I thought it might be better to edit it out to express the young love of the two" and "After discussion with the production team, the scene was edited out".

photo714539.jpg

photo714540.jpg

HANCINEMA

• Like 11