[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Ok, before i forget, i just need to say this. I may personally find some plot holes or weaknesses or whatever people may call them, but i choose to remember that DoTS has brought joy to me for the past 8 weeks. It has been making me smile, cry, laugh, cry some more, giddy, anxious, excited, enamored, scared, confused and content. Those emotions have never come easily over a drama. I just think that DoTS is truly something. We may not come across something like this in a near future.

There, i said it. Thank you universe, for making DoTS happen. For making KES & KWS write. For making KBS agree to air it no matter what. For making SJK&SHK play the roles. For conspiring with all the spiritual beings and make all of us gather here in this cool forum.

...And i got teary writing this.

Btw, my guess is right! The secret folder does contain Nurse JA's pics. So sweet of you, Dr. Song!

• Like 23

Well I ended up laughing over ep 16. Pretty much that folder of Doctor Song, I called it! I really wonder about the Chinese translation given for the ending of ep 16. Have a feeling it was just Chinese prediction and trolling...

This is why I don't believe some sourced haha until I see an episode with my own eyes. 

I want to note the ending part makes me wonder if they know geography.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/mrgnc-mngmnt/ntrl-hzrds/vlcnc-rptn-eng.aspx

There's been only one known case and yes they got quite a few dormant..but...yeah haha

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, angelalala101 said:

Is anyone else bothered by how much anti-american sentiment there is in this drama? Like I can kinda understand but it feels like the writer is trying to prove South Korea's superiority (but there's no need to make America as the antagonist for every situation: i.e the CIA, Argus, reporters, etc.) but it's kinda overboard/distracting...

Which I think might be another reason this drama is popular cause it stirs nationalistic sentiment. 

Actually, I disagree. Of course it showed moments of friction with the US government, and these are reflective of actual issues a lot of Koreans have, but it wasn't gone into depth. And in general, the US is still considered an important ally. And there are moments in the drama that the US is shown to come and help the Korean army, such as letting them use their lab to diagnose the virus. And also not making a big deal afterwards when YSJ kind of went against the CIA plans in terms of saving KMY and killing Argus. And the American soldier wished YSJ well at the scene when YSJ was sending off Argus' body. These are all important moments. 

Also Argus was a citizen of the United States, but he was still a criminal in the eyes of the US Army. He was being used by them as a means to an end in terms of politics for Uruk. There are definite moments that question politics and yes, they definitely play up the morality of the Korean military. But a lot of that is pretty idealistic wishful thinking on part of the writers. 

Plus, I'm not too surprised they play up the abilities of the Korean military. It's a Korean drama. The same is done in a lot of American war/military/action movies. They play up American superiority. Watch British militaries.. same. Etc. So I would just take things with a grain of salt. And the writers kind of admitted that it does seem to play up nationalism a lot, but they said it's probably just an added side effect of the story. They romanticize the military and soldiers, who are in essence fighting for and representing their country. If people see soldiers from the nation, the image would naturally stir similar patriotic feeling for their nation. 

• Like 16

So happy cause we got HAPPY END hope we can get highest break rating *praypraypray

I'm gonna miss this drama so much and so bad omg thank you for pd nim writer nim all actor and actress and all DOTS staff this drama so great! Good Job Descendants Team so proud of you all guys Captain.png:heart:Doctor.png

really really gonna miss this drama so bad :bawling: I feel empty for Wed Thurd night

Gonna miss you all too guys at this thread thank you too for give me a lot information and discussion  at here T T lets keep stay together here heheh:blush:

I edit all kiss scene together lets hope you all enjoy it! Just already miss this both couple T T

• Like 21

Seeing them in a happy ending really makes me happy too.. I'm glad they chose it end it like this. Havent watch it yet. I'm on way home and really really badly to watch it....

Kyaaaaa........:wub::wub::wub: also have no time to read the live recap. Apologize to recappers. 

• Like 3

I believe till now KES always make a happy ending drama. The sweatest and awesome ending. I dontt wanna say goodbye, we still have 3 more special episode. I'll waiting for all troopers opinion and tought. I'm really happy DoTS become a new big history in kdrama and DoTS still can make another records. I hope in every country which aired DoTS will be succesfull and in every drama awards DoTS will gained the awards.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, melissala said:

I loved the SJ is a ghost eating his offering food with the medical team scene.  The writer was totally making fun of him coming back alive so much lol

That scene had me cracking up so bad!!! It was so hilarious seeing the medical team thinking SJ's ghost was eating his own offering food!! I laughed so hard & loud (which is a no no considering I'm in my office).

• Like 12

OMG OMG SO many spoilers. I was trying so hard to avoid opening my facebook and reading this amazing thread. Well, i only managed like 15 mins. hahahahaha, im hopelessly addicted to DOTS.

I can't wait for the eng subs. Will be a great episode today. And i so love love love the 2 kisses at the end.I was hoping to see a wedding, oh well...and babies!

i'm so happy and grateful that all the earlier noise about our Capt dying was all hogwash. Thank you write-nim for not breaking my heart. Now i can sleep happy and download the eng sub ep later this morning. 

This is the most fun i have had with a kdrama in a long time. I love SHK and SJK! :wub:

• Like 9

Aaaaaannnnd it's over, everyone!

1. This Canadian girl laughed when I heard Vancouver and Canada, and then proceeded to laugh even harder when there was a volcano eruption. I don't even know what to say.

2. Eeeee....a so-called 'BBQ Ending' or 'Hot-Pot Ending'. Le sigh.

and finally.....

3. THAT KISS!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for giving us a real good one, you two!!! Best one of them all!

• Like 10

So happy for the last episode, feel like heaven to me :joy:. Those KISSES were totally PERFECTTTTT! It's great to experience the drama with such a beautiful story, definitely worth watching and enjoying throughout these 2 months. 

Now, let's wait for NGs, BTS and most importantly, the EPILOGUE! Yay!!!

(I have already missed the casts :tears:)

• Like 7

I want to see their wedding. Why, Just why they didn't show the weddings of our Main couples? I was so anxious, I was waiting up to the last seconds, but there was no wedding shown. What a pity :tears:. What a disappointment.

And, by the way, where is chairman Han Su Kwon? I'd like to see his confrontation with YSJ :w00t: or even better, mighty chairman accidentally sees how good fighter YSJ is :phew: while our ex-captain and now major demonstrates his knowledge fighting with gangs ;). Oh, It would be the Scene. :w00t:

• Like 6

wowww it's seem that Uruk is really a magic land. It makes our OTP kisses and kisses :lol:

does anyone realize, they never kiss in Korea. :P

Really love the drama. Perfect ending for our perfect couple :heart:

• Like 11