[Drama 2015] KBS - Bluebird's House 파랑새의 집

sleepingblossom

So I've already complained about the mistake about SJ being dead alive in the 1st writers version and being dead in the new writers. But now I also remembered that SJ told SH if anything were to happen to him that she could always trust Mr.Shin. But in episode 49 SH  has a memory of SJ telling her to go to TS for help. So I think the first writer never intended SJ to trust TS like this and that originally TS was going to found out to have killed or caused SJ death. The new writer came up with this bullsht ending of SJ giving away all his money and company to TS and dying before he told TS,  and just forgot about all the other stuff at the beginning. Just lazy and incompetent writing I say! 

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this drama blow. the lead guy just to boring. they should have cast the second lead as male lead. at lease he dont look  bore in every scene. i find jung hyun du/kung young joo match better. that scene were they fake being bf/gf is the best scene for couple. sad the writer sux at picking couple for this drama. the ending for the drama sux too. why do the writer have to add salt for kung young joo by getting her married to that ugly guy.

How in the world did office lead guy and grandmother daughter got married and whole 1-48 episode they werent any scene between them. She wanted mr.shin guy.

He is my opinion on this drama. I feel second lead guy should be main lead and main girl she be kang young joo or bring some new for hyundoo. They should bring in eunsoo real father and bring more trouble to eunsoo real mother.

Main lead ji wan was boring and no emotion coming out.I like this drama but this drama was not about romance at all

i hope somebody can enlighten me of the following:

1. How in the world did the bottle of medicine reach the stairway? does it mean that somebody really took it from SJ and it was not TS? then who was that?

2. out of all the characters, i think the aunt was the only one normal, bec. they really should claim the money. isn't it that's what they were fighting for? 

3. what happened to JW's letter? what did he write? didn't he feel guilty about what he did to MJ?

4. what happened to poor Mr Shin?

5. the marriage of aunt is no sense at all. 

1. How in the world did the bottle of medicine reach the stairway? does it mean that somebody really took it from SJ and it was not TS? then who was that?

2. out of all the characters, i think the aunt was the only one normal, bec. they really should claim the money. isn't it that's what they were fighting for? 

3. what happened to JW's letter? what did he write? didn't he feel guilty about what he did to MJ?

This drama is totally unrealistic. They all look like saints and forgive TS who is 100% without sincerity.

I agree, only the aunt looks normal.

Evidently the writer felt compelled to put in a wedding at the end, as if that makes it all better.  Not only did ES family get cheated out of their fair share, but they have a pretty low bar for a mate in such a scoundrel as HD.  I didn't like this drama from the beginning with all of the birth secrets, not knowing who's who and what's what, and skipped an awful lot of episodes.  Mr. Shin was supposed to be a big help and turned out to be a fluke.  Funny how there was no real legal help along the way, just the poor schmuck of a son trying to sort it all out.  I'm still not sure if anybody really "won" anything in the end.  Thumbs down for this drama. :angry:

Agree, I also don't like this drama .. They waste time and money :angry:

I'm glad Eun Soo didn't marry Hyun Do, I was shipping for them but totally got turned off when Eun Do started acting like a complete douchebag! Eun Soo should have never have visited him in hospital and should be praying to the gods he gets a fatal decease A great drama from the start ruined by a retard writer.

EunSoo didn't marry Hyundo but at the Aunt's wedding they look happy to see each other. Grandma and stepmother act so happy to see TS. They are not normal human on the earth. They are super human.

1. The bottle fell from the desk and rolled . . . a lot, I guess.  Perhaps his desk was situated near the door of his office, and his office near a set of stairways.  I suppose that's what we're supposed to imagine, at least.

2. Actually, no.  They were never fighting about money.  They were fighting about justice. 

3. A very good question.  I don't think we'll ever know the answer to that.  I'm not sure what he has to feel guilty about towards MJ though.  For choosing family over her and himself?  If we're going to look at it that way, then it could also be argued that MJ should feel guilty that she chose herself over staying in Korea to be with JW.  Which is all to say, there's no guilt to be had on either side.  Both JW and MJ chose the paths that were most important to them, which is perfectly normal and fine.  But also means they weren't meant to be together. 

4. Mr. Shin is in prison for manipulating stocks, which he did in an effort to bring TS down.  Of all the characters, his is the one I feel the most amount of regret because he was genuinely a good person.  Perhaps a little too zealous in his desire to see TS pay for his sins.  But he meant well and yet, somehow, he's the one paying the ultimate price.  Seems a bit unfair. 

5. I've thought about this a lot and as random an event as it was, I think it makes sense from the writer's point of view, if not the narrative.  It's a very typical thing in Korean dramas to have a wedding at the end to show how everyone turns out once the dust has finally settled.  If the writer had shown JW or ES getting married, as happy as we would've been, wouldn't we have also felt a little cheated that we went from A to B without getting to see all the scenes in between?  Using ES as an example, we'd want to know how she and HD made up, how they got back together, and all that stuff.  But more than that, I think it would take at least a year for all the emotions between the families to settle.  Which is why they couldn't have gotten married within one year.  Similarly, JW's so clueless, a marriage between him and YJ wouldn't have happened that quickly.  So you take person that's left over and marry her off, and that's the aunt.  And in the process, we get to see everyone one more time, know how they're doing, and say good-bye.

i have no words for this drama anymore and i refuse to look at the last two episodes

Aw, that's so sad!  It's really not that bad. 

Having said that, I do get the feeling that I may be the only person in this thread who feels that way. ;)

I think a lot of people felt cheated by the romance (or lack thereof) in this drama, but from the beginning, I remember there were articles about how the drama would be more than just the children's stories and that it would focus a lot on the adult lives too.  I wish I could find those articles to link now, but in any case, I think having that in the back of my mind helped frame the context under which I was watching this drama the entire time.

Also, I kind of get where Jiwan and his stepmother are coming from with regards to TS, just as I actually understand what Jiwan's father was doing when he planned to give the company to TS.  I don't think he was being dumb.  I think he was looking out for his family and trusting his friend to help him do that in his absence.  That's really the message of this drama: the power of love and trust.

Furthermore, I do think TS felt remorse for his actions in the end.

So, I think if you watch with a certain frame of mind, you'll find the ending is quite fine.

After a few days of feeling a little disappointed that we didn't get some of the ending details that we wanted to see, I feel okay with this drama.  It was never boring, never degenerated to a makjang (like the writer had promised), and on the whole, it had a positive message.  Lots of great acting, and quite a few nice characters.  Certainly a new actress, Chae Soo Bin who played ES, to look forward to, in other dramas.  And one scene to remember for ever as among the funniest scenes in Korean dramas that I have ever seen.  The scene of HD and YJ acting like a BF-GF at the restaurant.

i have no words for this drama anymore and i refuse to look at the last two episodes

Aw, that's so sad!  It's really not that bad. 

Having said that, I do get the feeling that I may be the only person in this thread who feels that way. ;)

I think a lot of people felt cheated by the romance (or lack thereof) in this drama, but from the beginning, I remember there were articles about how the drama would be more than just the children's stories and that it would focus a lot on the adult lives too.  I wish I could find those articles to link now, but in any case, I think having that in the back of my mind helped frame the context under which I was watching this drama the entire time.

Also, I kind of get where Jiwan and his stepmother are coming from with regards to TS, just as I actually understand what Jiwan's father was doing when he planned to give the company to TS.  I don't think he was being dumb.  I think he was looking out for his family and trusting his friend to help him do that in his absence.  That's really the message of this drama: the power of love and trust.

Furthermore, I do think TS felt remorse for his actions in the end.

So, I think if you watch with a certain frame of mind, you'll find the ending is quite fine.

For me, it was never about the romance. What I said about quitting this drama when JW-MJ broke up was because to me, it symbolize on how many things were inconsistent, especially character wise. It's one thing about inconsistent timeline, it's another about characterization. I was hoping for growth of these characters, even said JW's personality was awesome because he knows what he wants and work hard for it. Then it fell apart. And I think it's a combination of the writing, directing, and the actor. 

Example can be seen at previous drama What's With This Family. All 3 children has personal growth and it's so fantastic to watch the process of it.

So if the message is about power of love and trust, yeah that must be my turn-off because I'm not into power without logical support.

We gonna have to agree to disagree on this matter ;) 

On other note, I did have my doubt on this cantabile writer because of... well... cantabile :sweatingbullets: hope the writer would learn more on characterization so wouldn't have to waist on talents like sangyeob & soobin.

I intended to watch this drama but after reading those comments, I wonder why the ratings of this drama are way too good (always at 1st when being compared to another dramas). I have to agree that KJW is a boring character, HD is much better but poor Lee Sang Yeob, he didn't get his girl in many dramas (in "A little love never hurts", the ending is similar... the most boring main couple got married and the second lead couple (cute and be loved by many) broke up, and Lee Sang Yeob once again, in a second lead couple).

I think I'll drop this drama as I don't want to waste my time and my HDD's space.

• 8 months later...

Just started watching this series and now at Ep 44.  As the episodes continue, frustration is building up.  Too many contradiction going on.  Also too many hidden agenda as well.  Not easy to read in advance the storyline. Just when I feel Hyeongdo is getting mean and cruel, the next ep would show him doing something good yet seems there is a hidden agenda behind the good he do.  Yes...as ridiculous it goes... I will continue "fighting" to the last episode. 

This is one series I won't re-watch after 3 more eps to ending.  I feel too much stress in the series as Hyeongdo feels Jiwan should drop the lawsuit against his father Taesoo for stealing Jiwan's father' money, etc.  It is like Hyeongdo condone what his father Taesoo is doing is perfectly good and good...

On the other hand, Hyeongdo reports President Shin to the prosecutor and at the same time Hyeongdo has the "cheek" to tell Jiwan off for supporting President Shin who is doing the same thing his father Taesoo is doing.  If Heongdo thinks President Shin's action and his father Taesoo' action are similar then why "on earth" did Heongdo only reports President Shin to the prosecutor and have him in jail whereby his own father Taesoo is walking around still destroying others who touch on the topic of "stolen money". 

Worst of all is Heongdo is now doing exactly what his own father Taesoo is doing...destroying others just to make sure Jiwan drop the lawsuit.

Oh help me here...I am "fighting" to finish 3 more eps then I so need to watch something to wash off this Bluebird House from my memory bank.

I applause all those who have succeeded to finish the entire 50 episodes. Salute !!! :)

;)

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2015 at 4:32 AM, lauren2b2 said:

i  watched  the  ep  49  last night  and  i  can't  get  over  the  rationale  of entrusting  your  entire  assets  and  fortune  in  the  hands  of  tae su  by  sangjun!  so  all  the  investigations,  troubles  ji wan  undertook  was  all  for  naught.  his dad  was  the  stupid,  naive,  foolish  trusting  man  and  the  one  who  should  ultimately  be  blamed  for  their  family's  misfortune.  meanwhile  for  several  decades,  tae  su  lived  in  style,  in  comfort, his  kids  went  to  best  school  and  his  wife  moved  in  the  arty  circles  bought  paintings  etc.  etc.

I was going to give this drama a try and saw your comment.  I will not watch now because if the company was given to TS, then why in the beginning of this drama is TS so terrified of seeing Jiwan and his grandmother? He looked guilty.  I hate when they try to rewrite the story; why would a father not take care of his elderly mother, wife and children? No, I'll give this a pass.  Thanks for the post.

• 1 year later...

Archived