[Drama 2015] KBS - Bluebird's House 파랑새의 집

sleepingblossom

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As promised, we just finished fully translating/editing and QCing the Ep.48 English subs also at DSS.  Enjoy! 

[By the way, only when I do the careful QC with a good video do I see some of the little mistakes I make in the recaps, as I fail to pay attention sometimes and the raw video at tudou freezes or jumps on broadcast day.  Apologies. I don't think there were any serious bugs in the recaps that affect the storyline though.]

Good Morning All,

What noble idiotic thing JW just do his may have wanted TS to run the company but he wouldn't give TS his money to have or did he do it for ES sake. I tell you JW been around those women all his life and it has truly rubbed off on him. Sis he drop the lawsuit..?.

@kdramafan469,  Was Halmoni talking to YJ mom about her and JW do she not know what people think of her family and JW not being good enough for YJ   

Did TS agree to divorce ?

ooooooh what happened? what happened? I missed the whole show......just came in when HD was kneeling to YJ, her father and partner. And it looked like TS confessed at the news conference.

@kdramafan469,  I think he did confess but we still don't know about the money issues.. 

oh mai gaw!!!! u guys r killing me. i missed the broadcast too, but seems like there is something to look forward to.

and please let that be a wedding dress. mom is wearing hanbok, so please let it be a wedding dress that me luvly ES was wearing. Pls Pls Pls we followed u through painful 25 weeks!!!! we deserve it!!!!

Recap of Ep. 49

[Repeat of last Episode flashback and JW saying that his dad had set it up for TS and he didn't have to steal it.]

TS doesn't believe it, and says, "Be a bit moderate even in lying. Who in this world would do that.. when he has a family, parent, and wife, giving his assets to a friend.  Don't tell me you believed it".  JW tells him he also can't believe it and would've liked to ask his dad if he were alive how he could trust somebody like that.  He tells TS that he can check with that lawyer who told him about this. TS is stunned.

SH flashback of SJ taking some pills and tell her, "if by any chance anything happens to me, live with TS".  She didn't understand it then.

TS at the house of that old lawyer. TS asks him what he told JW.  That guy seems unaware that TS stole the company and says he only said what happened at the time of SJ's death. "Don't you know it better than me? He had changed the company to cash instruments, you know". TS a bit confused and plays along. "Sure... yeah, sure. He had changed the company into an investment amount and had given me, right?". The lawyer says it was so.

The lawyer is telling TS (with a flashback) about SJ saying, "Tae Su wants to grow the company. I want to let him do that".  The lawyer asks if he wasn't worried of his family. SJ says he was doing it for his family. "If I'm not there, what will happen to my family? My mother would sign anything, without knowing, and my wife won't object. I need somebody. If it's TS, he will look after them better than anyone".  TS basically asks him if he wasn't pulling a trick along with JW, I think. Haha.

TS goes to JW's place. Sees SH outside and tells her he met that lawyer. Oh, he is asking her how much money she gave that lawyer to say what he said (I guess still thinking that this is some weird evil plan!). He says, "so you want to not just make me a thief, but want to tell everybody that I betrayed my friend?". SH asks, "Is that what you are so afraid of? ... You are not a man like this, are you? You know how to care for people. That is why SJ and I believed in you". Basically she tries to make him feel guilty. [and I think to myself, what bullcrap this is!].  

TS still not believing it.  He tells the secretary to find out how JW met that lawyer (to see what plan is behind this).  The secretary basically says "what if it's the truth..." and TS finally starts to think it just might be. Still saying, "no, this must be a lie" and yelling at the sec to get to work..

JW meeting a reporter from the "Great Korea news" who seems to have heard something and wants to know of Taehu Industries. (Not sure of the details. Very poor sound on the raw video I am watching, and the damn loud background music bugs me).  JW is outside at night wondering why his dad did this. Stepmom asks him not to resent his dad, and how it was reasonable to think then that TS would take responsibility for the family. JW says he would indeed blame his dad. He is upset.

HD at his mom's lakeside villa, remembering Eun Su. Mom asks what he thinks of stopping work at Dad's firm. He didn't agree to.

SH says she feels bad, having seen Su Gyeong's look when they met earlier.  Grandma tells her that she finds SH to be in a sadder plight.

JW at a cafe, thanking his old team leader Yun for help in finding LSJ in Russia etc.  Mr. Yun seems to be under the impression that JW is returning to the company or something, and requests him for some future favor in giving him a chance to try out some marketing vision he has. JW looks puzzled and they tell each other that they must be mistaken.  Not sure if I got this conversation right.  Then ES comes in and Aunt comes in. Team-leader (who we are supposed to believe to be still unaware of ES being JW's sister) is all confused at the three of them being in the family but having 3 different last names. Now, Aunt seems to be getting interested in Team-leader Yun (who is married with his family abroad, right?]

The fruit suppliers have moved their operations to a tented-space and YJ's mom is doing her usual duty of providing some time filler stuff, not knowing about the move. JW getting some contract done with a buyer there. The boss praises JW to YJ's mom, showing a $28K contract that JW just got them.  YJ and dad runs in with some stuff and they all have a table-barbecue.  They send YJ out to go find JW. [Wasting time. Can we move on please? Who wants to see this cast of character?]

Aunt trying to get the grandma to eat some porridge and asks grandma why JW doesn't have a GF. Grandma says he has no time. And we see him spending his precious little time with YJ. But ES comes and butts in.  She then sends them off together somewhere to spend more precious time together. Grandma and aunt see it and are also happy about YJ being a fine girl for JW.

More wasted screen time. That means YJ's mom on screen.  Trying to get YJ to work on JW again.

Now grandma finds YJ's mom in some shop and trying to work on her to get YJ hooked up with JW [Bloody hell, just get JW and YJ to do this so we don't have to see all these uninteresting old characters wasting our time].  The time-filler sequence is mercifully over. At least I hope so.

The newspaper reporter from earlier, stops TS outside Best Global and asks if the reports are true that Taehu Industries assets were what became the investment for founding Best Global etc.  TS does not answer.

HD in his car and talking into his phone. Maybe to Dad. He asks that everything be denied, for the time being.

TS shouting at the secretary about why he was unable to find out more, even after he said he could use whatever means like threats on people. "You can't do it, or you won't do it?".  The secretary finally takes a stand.  "Lee Seok Jin is a friend to me since the Taehu Industries days. How can I threaten him?".  Now TS is angry. He is suspicious of the secretary and asks him if he hasn't been meeting LSJ and doing all this. "How much did you get from him?".  I guess we are seeing a chairman who is unable to understand the concept of people just doing things right, basically!  The secretary is sad to see this meltdown and just says "hyeongnim", how he used to call TS before becoming the secretary.

The secretary is done with all this. He goes to HD and tells him that he had once asked TS if he shouldn't suspect HD. That TS told him, "but he is my son".  He asks HD the favor of taking care of TS hyeongnim.  "This is as far as I go".  And he walks away, a bag in hand.

JW calls that newspaper reporter. He asks if he can do that interview the next day.  JW is walking, apparently to the interview.  HD walks into him.  He asks "you mean your dad had handed it all over to my dad?".  JW says, "I didn't understand it either, at first. But now I think I understand a little what my dad was thinking".  JW hands over the evidence items he had with him.  HD asks why JW is giving it to him.  JW says "you had done it for me once" (I think that's what he said. he mumbled it)

TS having a drink at a bar and HD joins. HD says he met JW. "Uncle Sang Jun had given it all to you?" TS says it is a lie. He still doesn't want to believe it. But he finally says, "it is possible that he trusted me and really did it. But... why did he trust me?"

ES sitting with JW. She asks him if he remembers Dad. He says, "a little".  She wonders why Dad trusted that kind of a guy, and it seems foolish to her.  "You also think like that, right?".  JW just shakes his head.

HD standing outside the old pizza place where ES worked.  Just being sad.  ES walks up from behind. "have you been well", he asks. [Damn, again the background music too loud.  I hate it.]  Not sure what she said at first. Then she said "HD, you are not that kind of a guy".  He just says, "I'll get going"... Walks away. Stops and wipes some tears.

TS asks his receptionist to call SG's lawyer to come meet him.  Then the lawyer is shown telling SG that TS will tell her something in person.  Both meet at a cafe. Wearing official suits and all, that too. Small talk at first. She says some kind things to him. About his simplicity and sticking to just one thing in the kind of coffee, liquor etc that he preferred.  "On women, only Jeong Su Gyeong", she says. That she knows he always liked her and that it was the same for her.  "If only you change, we can have that same relationship".  He says, "if TS had no money nor status, could he have liked the lovely Jeong Su Gyeong?  That's why this is a no go".  He gives her what must be divorce papers that he has signed.  SG doesn't know what to think or do.

JW and stepmom having a walk. She asks if he's okay with really putting this behind like this. He says "it was what Dad wanted, right?".  He seems to expect TS to figure it out and do what is needed.

TS is at a meeting with businessmen (that his receptionist seemed to tell him about, earlier).  He starts by mentioning his business award and gets an applause.  Then he says he is reminded of old times, sitting there in that position.  About a friend who trusted him without worrying about anything. "The president of Taehu Industries. Gim Sang Jun. That was my friend's name".  Says good things about SJ and how he worked hard in his memory, etc. "But I... stole that friend's assets".   Cameras flashing, but we hear nothing more.

HD comes to the fruits suppliers' tent. They ask him to get out, but he kneels down.  "I am sorry. There is nothing else I can say".

TS continues at the meeting. Talking about stealing the shares and putting SJ's family in hardship.  "That is how I built my company"

One more flashback of TS remembering grabbing the money papers and running out.  A little Hyeon Do running into Dad in the flashback.  The end.

[Preview. SH and TS at SJ's grave.  He says that "somehow, maybe he died because of me". Didn't notice anything else substantial in it, except SG seems to get back home, shocking TS.]

Pretty much a weak storyline to unravel things. I guess this whole things ends tomorrow and we can all go back to our lives, without hopefully too much anger in us :) ... But yeah, basically a cop-out ending, it looks like.

What i dont understand or rather thoughts that TS and SG got married after TS stole the company just because of SG was obsessed over money and she dont choice a loser TS as partner for a life but of course HD and JW are same age.

@dexter8010 I remember in the beginning that SH told SG that she was only hanging around SJ in hopes he would chose her, but he didn't.  I know JW was 9 at the time his dad died, and ES was still a baby but when TS talked about his family it seemed that HD was a baby too. I also thought that if TS and SJ were like brothers and both had sons the same age then why didnt JW and HD know each other before their teens? Wouldn't you think that they would have been friends since they were children or even remembered each other? I mean I clearly remember my best friend as a toddler and child. I haven't seen her for 35+ years but still I remember her name and playing with her and her family.So I don't understand how if SJ and TS were such goods friends that their children didn't know each other. 

Blah, they've already wasted 15 minutes on a sob story for TS so we'll all feel sorry for him. Nah uh

Edit: getting really annoyed. too many useless café scenes involving TS. the younger ones are so underused in the last few episodes.

Edit 2: what an absolute crap finale

Archived