[Drama 2015] Super Daddy Yeol 슈퍼대디 열

larus

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cliff_heaven

I've just started this drama because I simply adore Lee Dong Gun and love Lee Yuri. I'm falling in love with Lee Dong Gun all over again since he is fantastic in this drama (just like how I fell in love with Kim Rae Won all over again in "Punch"). Both are delivering their A-game perfectly and I love, love their portrayals. 

HGw7G0W.jpgWhile Daddy rejects a pursuer, daughter gets rejected. All at the same time. Cute contrast. :)

I've just started this drama because I simply adore Lee Dong Gun and love Lee Yuri. I'm falling in love with Lee Dong Gun all over again since he is fantastic in this drama (just like how I fell in love with Kim Rae Won all over again in "Punch"). Both are delivering their A-game perfectly and I love, love their portrayals. 

While Daddy rejects a pursuer, daughter gets rejected. All at the same time. Cute contrast. :)

Talking about different perspectives... While watching this scene I was thinking "Mother and daughter are both rejected at the same time."

The first 2 subbed ep are finally up and I'm glad to say I'm getting almost everything I wanted from this drama and that is LDG being awesome :D. In all seriousness LDG's performance is the best part of the first 2 eps followed closely by the cute bratty little girl who reinforces my belief that ALL Korean child actors are great :)).

It's way too early to have an idea about how good the story will be but as of now things are flowing smoothly and we just have to wait and see how they tackle the unavoidable death bit (that is if they don't decide to keep the mom alive which wouldn't be the worst idea considering the light tone the series seems to have)

Now I would lie if I said I don't have any major concerns regarding this drama: first there's the leading lady whose performance was a bit underwhelming for most of the 2 eps and who almost made me think about her weekend and daily drama roots but I'm thinking she'll change things up a bit once she goes into full stalker mode on the goofy rehab coach and then there's the REALLY big potential problem with the series - this is a tvN drama and this network has slowly but surely been building up a reputation for itself as the KBS of cable (and that's bad in case I wasn't clear enough :)) ).

Anyway, all joking and worrying aside, we have 2 solid eps to get us started and LDG seems to finally get a real shot at a proper lead role after 7 years (yes you read it right it's been 7 years since his last decent lead role).

P.S. If tvN does screw this up for LDG I'm giving fair warning I'm going to go medieval on everyone starting from the writer and ending with the guy in charge of the cute corgi's makeup :))

‘Super Daddy Yeol’ debuts to rave reviews

photo572954-700x465.jpg

New romantic family drama ‘Super Daddy Yeol’ featuring popular Korean drama stars Lee Yuri and Lee Dong Gun premiered on March 13th through tvN, and received rave reviews from viewers.

‘Super Daddy Yeol’ took the nights’ top ratings among female adults in their 20s to 40s, as well as their male counterparts in the 20s and 40s. Its average rating reached 1.7%, with a peak at 3.3% (Nielson Korea, Cable Households).

Super Daddy Yeol (60m x 16) is a family drama about a committed single mother Cha Mi Rae (played by Lee Yuri), also a cold-hearted doctor, who gets diagnosed with terminal cancer. Feeling desperate and sorry for her nine-year-old daughter who will be left alone if she dies of cancer, Cha makes every effort to find a father for her before she leaves.

Lee Dong Gun plays Han Yeol, Cha’s ex-boyfriend who happens to meet her again after 10 years since their breakup. ‘Super Daddy Yeol’ is expected to show a journey of family bonding in a warm and humorous way.

‘Super Daddy Yeol’ airs on tvN, every Friday and Saturday at 8:30 PM (KST).

By: Alvin

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

263_3_photo573827

I got a feeling this drama is heading towards the same direction as Mama. Something along the lines. Expecting a few tearjerker episodes etc etc. So far it's all good and quite frankly I'm more impressed with that little girl's acting compared to the rest of the cast.

The first 2 subbed ep are finally up and I'm glad to say I'm getting almost everything I wanted from this drama and that is LDG being awesome

:D

. In all seriousness LDG's performance is the best part of the first 2 eps followed closely by the cute bratty little girl who reinforces my belief that ALL Korean child actors are great

:)

).

(...)

Anyway, all joking and worrying aside, we have 2 solid eps to get us started and LDG seems to finally get a real shot at a proper lead role after 7 years (yes you read it right it's been 7 years since his last decent lead role).

P.S. If tvN does screw this up for LDG I'm giving fair warning I'm going to go medieval on everyone starting from the writer and ending with the guy in charge of the cute corgi's makeup :))

And here I was trying not to make it obvious that I had a soft spot for Lee Dong Geon and resentments towards any form of Mi Rae... These 7 years sure were long (for me) and difficult (for him). 

I see only good news. :D  I love when Viki has license for Europe and I am a patient person. I watched a drama of 50 episodes (Yoona`s Street) and only DarkSmurfSub translated that drama. I was so grateful for that team`s work. Cheers for all translators, segmenters, editors.

Yeah, who cares about poor old Australia :(

Superdaddy Yeol: Episode 1

by purplecow | March 17, 2015 | 23 Comments

superdaddy-0100001b.jpg

Welcome to Superdaddy Yeol, the webtoon adaptation in which a

mother with only a year to live sets out to turn her deadbeat ex into

the perfect father. It’s a sad premise and the first episode doesn’t

shrink from it, but there is hope (and a little humor) to be found as

well. With his stubborn insistence on only looking out for himself, our

hero doesn’t exactly seem like Superdaddy material—but then, where’s the

fun without a bit of a challenge.Read more Dramabeans

Yeah, who cares about poor old Australia :(

I was happy when I saw there are shows licensed for Europe. Usually, it did not happened. But, you are right. People from other continents are less lucky than we are.  I feel you. I know a neighbor of yours (whose part of the world is not printed in all maps) that found a solution to the problem. It is good that we still find resources to watch kdramas. ;)

Finally both episodes are subbed, i feel like i've been waiting since Friday. I am loving this so much, I cannot express my excitement. The main couple has great chemistry, and the little girl is so sassy and cute. Although the dying mom/tumor concept of the story is sad, I'm glad its filled with a lot of comedic relief. Great first 2 episodes. Hoping to see more flashbacks in to their relationship. 

Guest anuyoes

Just watched the first two episodes and it's enough to pull me into the flow. But I'm kinda worry on how will the terminal illness issue be portrayed on a drama with a strong rom-com style like this one. I hope the writer will give me a plausible answer at the end of the story.

Now I'm waiting for the second week episodes. I'm curious what kind of tactic will Mi-Rae use to drag Han Yeol back into her life.

Guest missnona

Seems like Changmin will sing ost for this drama

이번에 창민오빠가 슈퍼대디열 OST를 낸대요!!

우리 앨범이나 멜론에서 많이 구입해요!!
이번에 그 노래 내면은 창민오빠 소속사에서 더 챙겨준다는 말이 돌더라구요~~ 노래 되게 좋은듯 안그래도 엉엉cr:DC

Guest missnona

Hannahmiriam said: @missnona Changmin who? Shim Changmin or Lee Changmin? I'm sorry if for you is obvious... I was curious which one was obvious for google and it answered Shim Changmin, while for me the obvious answer is Lee Changmin. 

Archived