[Drama 2015] Super Daddy Yeol 슈퍼대디 열

larus

OMG the female lead's character name is Mi Rae? Is that a warning for the viewers? Please let LDG be treated better here. I'm just curious why of all men Mi Rae chooses Yeol to be her daughter's father? Is it because he's the real dad? Anyways I'm already preparing myself that it might not be a happy ending in the romance department just on the synopsis alone. I'm tuning in to support LDG.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honeywell said: OMG the female lead's character name is Mi Rae? Is that a warning for the viewers? Please let LDG be treated better here. I'm just curious why of all men Mi Rae chooses Yeol to be her daughter's father? Is it because he's the real dad? Anyways I'm already preparing myself that it might not be a happy ending in the romance department just on the synopsis alone. I'm tuning in to support LDG.

[Photos] 150309 Super Daddy Yeol Press Conference 
201503091558033410_1.jpg
201503091449777469_54fd36df825c3.jpg

1425880144_864874.jpg

201503091645493410_1.jpg

201503091404503410_1.jpg
201503091617381810_1.jpg
201503091444531810_1.jpg
1425881852_864946.gif
1425881358_864925.jpg
1425878645_864798.jpg

The press con was held today and I'm surprised to see no one posted the pics yet. Hope the drama gets more love from drma fans as this is Lee Dong Gun's comeback drama. On a good note, LDG looks good with LYR visually. Can't wait to see their onscreen chemistry this Friday.

The trailer got me. I am definitely in for this crazy ride. There is no way I'm going to miss this. Must prioritize this!!!(And Lee Yuri's character is Cha Mi-rae. Lee Dong-gun really loves "Mi-rae" leading ladies hahaha!!!)

honeywell

said: OMG the female lead's character name is Mi Rae? Is that a warning for the viewers? Please let LDG be treated better here. I'm just curious why of all men Mi Rae chooses Yeol to be her daughter's father? Is it because he's the real dad? Anyways I'm already preparing myself that it might not be a happy ending in the romance department just on the synopsis alone. I'm tuning in to support LDG.

Guest MaknaeC

Lee Dong-geon presents food truck to the crew of "Super Daddy Yeol"

photo573303.jpg

Actor Lee Dong-geon bought everyone dinner.

Playing an outsider solo man Han Yeol in the new tvN drama "Super Daddy Yeol", Lee Dong-geon had a food truck deliver food for everyone who is working so hard.

The food truck was bought by Lee Dong-geon himself, hoping for better teamwork and good atmosphere throughout the making.

Lee Dong-geon said, "I hope this brings energy to everyone who is outstanding the cold. Thanks everyone for your hard work and I wish "Supper Daddy" all the best".

Lee Dong-geon brings comic to this drama as well as emotional and romantic.

"Super Daddy Yeol" is produced by Song Hyeon-wook from "Marriage Over Love" and it's going to be something anyone of all ages can enjoy.

"Super Daddy Yeol" is going to be broadcasted on the 13th after "Heart to Heart".

Guest kimbap24

Preview for ep 1

2분_선공개_하이라이트! 이유리,이동건 주연 슈퍼대디열 1화:

Tomorrow is the day! Yeay!

Actress Kim Mi Kyung has been cast in drama

Super Daddy Yeol

as the mother of

Hwang Ji- hye (Seo Ye- ji).

Kim Mi Kyung is in? This series has just gotten a lot more interesting for at least one MU drama fan (am I right @stuartjmz :)) )  Seriously now KMK is a great addition to the cast even more so if they do stick with the comedic approach to the story   :-bd

I want to say this looks cute, but I know how it supposedly? ends so I can't say that.  But it looks interesting and hopefully will be a nice heartfelt journey. Really looking forward to adoptive daddy and daughter moments.  Coming out of drama watching retirement to watch it.  I pray for LDG's sake it's better than his last drama.   I don't think it can be worse right?  /:)

Kim Mi Kyung is in? This series has just gotten a lot more interesting for at least one MU drama fan (am I right @stuartjmz :)) )  Seriously now KMK is a great addition to the cast even more so if they do stick with the comedic approach to the story   :-bd

Yep -  reading this was a nice little cherry on THE MOST AMAZINGLY AWESOME DAY. 
:D

Forget the villain: Lee returns as doting mom in new rom-com

Last year was a remarkable one for actress Lee Yoo-ri, who nabbed the grand prize at the MBC Drama Awards for her infamous role as Yeon Min-jung in TV drama “Here Comes Jangbori.”

While people still recall her heartless character, the 35-year-old is poised for her new role in the upcoming tvN series “Super Daddy Yeol,” which will hit the airwaves Friday. 

Lee plays Cha Mi-rae, a successful doctor and single mom of a 9-year-old child. One day, Cha is diagnosed with terminal-stage cancer. Soon after she hears the tragic news, she goes on her mission to find her daughter Cha Sa-rang (Lee Rae) a father before she leaves. 

(CJ E&M)
It is at this juncture that she encounters ex-boyfriend Han Yeol (Lee Dong-gun), who has remained single ever since she broke his heart 10 years ago. 

“Cha Mi-rae is a cold-hearted character, but when it comes to her child, she is willing to sacrifice everything,” said Lee Yoo-ri on Monday at news conference for the drama in Seoul. “She is also short-tempered.”

Lee admitted that she felt some pressure selecting her next project after receiving such a big award. Nevertheless, she feels like it is a new beginning: “I am (taking part in the) filming (of) this drama with the mind of a rookie actress.”

Lee Dong-gun (“My Boyfriend is Type B,” “Marry Him If You Dare”) portrays a grungy, irritable 35-year-old single man, the complete opposite of his persona as a dandy.

“He is very outdated, less-refined and simple-minded, which is actually similar to my real personality,” said Lee. “I enjoy wearing sweatpants.”

The 34-year-old actor plays the rehabilitation coach of a major-league baseball team. Lee said that he consulted with real athletes to prepare for the role. “I like sports and I am aware rehabilitation is such a strenuous process requiring painful, highly repetitive exercises in order to repair an injury,” he said.

The 16-part drama is based on the eponymous webtoon and directed by Song Hyun-wook (“Marriage, Not Dating”). 

“It’s a drama with both tears and comedy as different people -- who are like water and oil -- get together to form a family,” said Song. 

While there have been many medical dramas in the past, rehabilitation-themed dramas were less prevalent, says the director. “Rehabilitation is a matter of survival,” said Song. “It’s hard for the body, but even more, the sense of loss is weighty, especially for the athletes who were at the peak of their career.” 

“Han Yeol is a rehabilitation coach and Cha Mi-rae is a doctor,” said Song. “Just like they both heal people, I hope the drama cures viewers’ hearts and gives them hope.” 

“Super Daddy Yeol” begins airing this week on tvN on Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com) KPOP HERALD

Archived