[Drama 2015] Super Daddy Yeol 슈퍼대디 열

larus

I fell in love with Sarang . How I wish I had a daughter like her. Will definitely make my day . She's freaking cute while sleeping on the bench with her hoodie on. Any lonely single women out there ?. LOL.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote of Ep.2 (Daddy HY narrates during the scene when he runs after the cab)

The chance of meeting the person you used to date is 82%
However the possibility of meeting again & being successful is only 3%
Staying together for life as married couple is 0.1%
However there are some couples who challenge this until the end, because love (Sa Rang) isn't a probability, it's a miracle...
:x

Superdaddy Yeol: Episode 3 by purplecow | March 23, 2015 | 3 Comments

super03-00001a.jpg

Having decided that Yeol is the only man with the qualifications to become Sa-rang’s father, Mi-rae sets out to convince Yeol of the same thing. There’s nowhere he can hide from her, but from the way he tries you’d think she was a gumiho out to seduce him and devour his liver. There are a lot of messy feelings somewhere on the horizon, but for now we get to enjoy an immensely satisfying game of cat and mouse. I can only hope that when the game is over, everyone will feel like the winner.

Read more Dramabeans

After 4 episodes, Mi Rae and her daughter are unquestionably two of the most VILE characters I've seen in the 100+ K Dramas I've watched. Utterly selfish, callous and physically abusive bullies. What's worse, the Drama applauds their being like that, even as they do. Using a dog as a weapon, or a threat thereof is never funny, even less so when the victim is allergic. We have yet to be shown even ONE positive or redeeming character trait in either mother or her clone of a sprog that might suggest there's some trace of humanity in them. 
Clearly, the "humour" in this Drama is supposed to come from watching Yeol being abused, emotionally, verbally and physically, by these two vicious bullies. And by his creepy Dad. 
I want to watch this for LDG, who's doing a great job with his character. It can't be easy playing someone who seems to be literally invertebrate. But how people can rave at length about how cute, funny adorable a child is who is a conscienceless bully like her mother is something I can't begin to grasp. Although she does seem nice compared to the hellish kutti who spawned her. 
I think that even more than the physical abuse, including the destruction and removal of his prized possessions, it's the callous emotional abuse that makes the mother a particularly loathsome creature. She knows how she used and destroyed him last time, and openly admits planning to do the same again. No apology, no remorse, no second thoughts, no compunction. Apprarently this is not only OK, but it's supposed to be something we laugh at and applaud. Why? Because as 99% of all K Drama say implicitly and this one says EXplicitly - "she's a Mom, and that makes EVERYTHING she does right"
X(

Guest anuyoes

stuartjmz said: After 4 episodes, Mi Rae and her daughter are unquestionably two of the most VILE characters I've seen in the 100+ K Dramas I've watched. Utterly selfish, callous and physically abusive bullies. What's worse, the Drama applauds their being like that, even as they do. Using a dog as a weapon, or a threat thereof is never funny, even less so when the victim is allergic. We have yet to be shown even ONE positive or redeeming character trait in either mother or her clone of a sprog that might suggest there's some trace of humanity in them. 
Clearly, the "humour" in this Drama is supposed to come from watching Yeol being abused, emotionally, verbally and physically, by these two vicious bullies. And by his creepy Dad. 
I want to watch this for LDG, who's doing a great job with his character. It can't be easy playing someone who seems to be literally invertebrate. But how people can rave at length about how cute, funny adorable a child is who is a conscienceless bully like her mother is something I can't begin to grasp. Although she does seem nice compared to the hellish kutti who spawned her. 
I think that even more than the physical abuse, including the destruction and removal of his prized possessions, it's the callous emotional abuse that makes the mother a particularly loathsome creature. She knows how she used and destroyed him last time, and openly admits planning to do the same again. No apology, no remorse, no second thoughts, no compunction. Apprarently this is not only OK, but it's supposed to be something we laugh at and applaud. Why? Because as 99% of all K Drama say implicitly and this one says EXplicitly - "she's a Mom, and that makes EVERYTHING she does right"
X(

Ranting aside, a plot problem now:
I am of the many who assume that the little demon is in fact Yeol's own  seed, but if that's true, what are the odds of a very early pregnancy surviving that encounter with The.Truck.Of.Doom? 

Guest anuyoes

This may be the similar answer that will be given by the writer to your question @stuartjmz
peggygordon said: Quote of Ep.2 (Daddy HY narrates during the scene when he runs after the cab)

The chance of meeting the person you used to date is 82%
However the possibility of meeting again & being successful is only 3%
Staying together for life as married couple is 0.1%
However there are some couples who challenge this until the end, because love (Sa Rang) isn't a probability, it's a miracle...
:x

I think some of the posters in here need to take a chill pill. It's all based on a webtoon and although there are some differences , the story plot is still the same. If Yeol's allergy issue is that serious, he would be having a serious attack by now instead he's just sneezing. I find that the kid is being rebellious as he doesn't like Yeol much due to her early encounters with him ... ala stalker bla bla. Well things are going to get better as she's starting to soften towards Yeol. Isn't that the point of us watching this drama?. To see major transformations and breakthrough moments?. Hell at least this drama is way much better compared to Rosy Lovers .

Guest anuyoes

akie174 said: If Yeol's allergy issue is that serious, he would be having a serious attack by now instead he's just sneezing. I find that the kid is being rebellious as he doesn't like Yeol much due to her early encounters with him ... ala stalker bla bla. Well things are going to get better as she's starting to soften towards Yeol. Isn't that the point of us watching this drama?. To see major transformations and breakthrough moments?. Hell at least this drama is way much better compared to Rosy Lovers .

akie174 said: I think some of the posters in here need to take a chill pill. It's all based on a webtoon and although there are some differences , the story plot is still the same. If Yeol's allergy issue is that serious, he would be having a serious attack by now instead he's just sneezing. I find that the kid is being rebellious as he doesn't like Yeol much due to her early encounters with him ... ala stalker bla bla. Well things are going to get better as she's starting to soften towards Yeol. Isn't that the point of us watching this drama?. To see major transformations and breakthrough moments?. Hell at least this drama is way much better compared to Rosy Lovers .

Hi all ..
I can't believe my self ! I'm watching this drama by chance , I mean I didn't think of it or put it in my drama list at all but somehow I'm in love with plot, character and the OST ...My ears weren't wrong right? I heard Changmin (2AM_ voice in minutes 34:14 to 36:00 ... As I AM ( fan of 2AM ) I'm so happy that Changmin song an ost for this drama or any drama , his voice .. ! how can I explain or describe his voice ... " Sigh "

I agree with the criticisms too but I also agree that people are being too bias towards Yeol and are failing to see his flaws that inherently places the misfortunes upon him. Yes, I'm saying to some extent he deserves to be treated the way he is. He agreed to "marrying" Mi Rae but considers the other parts of the arrangement a burden or an excess. His initial reaction towards the dog was disgust, while you all complain that he has allergies, you can't expect them to get rid of the dog because of him. In Sa Rang's view both herself and the dog are family but Yeol treats them as a burden between his relationship with Mi Rae. Thus as a child it's understandable that she would retaliate and use her dog to threaten Yeol, the only part where I found Mi Rae going over the line is when she didn't stop her daughter bullying Yeol (of course that and when she nearly drowned her colleague). Other than that no one has forced Yeol to be near the dog (I assume they actually thought about his allergies), on top of that his allergies or none life threatening and he seems to be symptomless if he keeps an appropriate distance from the dog. The rest of his allergy triggers seems to be self brought with him maintaining close distance with the dog. I don't think Mi Rae it's supposed to be a likeable character from the kick off. All they've shown is get negative sides and gained her some sympathy for being ill. If you've got an issue of her using Yeol's love for her to fulfil her dying wish of leaving her daughter with someone safe (and possibly the child's bio dad) I suggest you stop watching the drama. Like it or not the drama is about a man being forced to become a dad because of a selfish woman's dying wish. I have no problem with this because it's been established that Yeol is no dad and Sa Rang will be homeless the moment her mother dies. However if Yeol is not Sa Rang's biological father I might come to condemn Mi Rae's actions because I see nothing wrong in letting the doctor colleague take over the responsibility. I understand that Mi Rae thinks that he's only acting the way he is because he likes her. But at least he has a good relationship with her daughter, unlike Yeol who's also acting the way he is because he still isn't over her yet has no connection with her daughter. But really other than that one abusive incident (which Yeol to some extent actually deserved for being rude to his new family and not willing to adapt to family life despite agreeing to do so) no one has actually forced him to be near the dog. I am not trying to play down the incident, which I think was absolutely horrific, I'm just pointing out it was a one off thing lead by a bitter child. The problem lies in poor parenting where no one stopped her and told her it was wrong.

mrukki said: Really like this drama. I haven't read the webtoon, I know that someone posted the English scanlations but I really want to read the Korean version (to improve my Korean) but the Korean version requires you to pay, I read the first chapter and found it a little different from the drama such as Yeol's background and personality. So I think I'll just enjoy the drama. Below includes spoilers up to episode 4. Also makes use of webtoon based spoilers.

I think I understand what happened to Mirae. I doubt that they would make Sarang adopted or something, considering the webtoon had Yeol as Sarang's bio dad. I'm guessing that when she was saved by the doctors she learned of the pregnancy. Being alone all her life without a family may be why she chose to keep the child. She probably didn't want to inform Yeol because (well it could be one of many or a combination of multiple reasons) such as Yeol being a struggling baseball player, his mother just passed and nothing close to a father, I wouldn't be surprised if he had no plans for children either. So probably wanting to avoid letting her child being raised by an incompetent father and or hoping not to burden Yeol she chose to raise Sarang herself. What I don't understand is why Yeol can't recognise he's the biological dad. I mean it's simple math, that makes me wonder if this drama will go in a direction different from the webtoon and make Sarang's adopted.

Archived