[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook ❤ Park Min Young (ChangMin) ~HEALER couple~

marie67

@cmoirae2Thanks for this narrative, you provided a great reminder of the feels of watching healer. You rightly said it, watching this episode gets one the romantic feelings and that's why healer is so addictive. I never loose that feelings every time I watched it. No one needed to ask for kissing or any intimate scenes because you are drawn to the relationships in the drama. Thanks again!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, youngatheart said:

@cmoirae2Thanks for this narrative, you provided a great reminder of the feels of watching healer. You rightly said it, watching this episode gets one the romantic feelings and that's why healer is so addictive. I never loose that feelings every time I watched it. No one needed to ask for kissing or any intimate scenes because you are drawn to the relationships in the drama. Thanks again!

You are most welcome chinggu!  It has been almost 2 years since Healer broadcast and we still love it just the same.  I wanted to share all the  Healer goodness (and spazz worthy moments) in this thread as we approach its second year of broadcast on December 8th.  The beauty of the drama extends beyond the chemistry and skinship of the OTP and most definitely includes a well written script, meticulous direction, superb acting, OST among others.  The cast of characters (key and bit players) gelled perfectly (and again chemistry didn't have to be limited to the OTP) ... truly Daebak!  

• Like 4

On November 27, 2016 at 6:27 PM, hrh77 said:

Yes you are so lucky!!... I only went to Korea,  trying to meet some actors there, tour is only a second reason hahaha... I will be in Japan in 2 mos, and JCW will have a concert there again...dang it..  When PMY was in LA, how I wish O could fly there too right away!!.. But hoping at least this time I will be boarding Korean Air, hoping there would be some celebrities to mee..

Indeed lucky chinggu.  

Spoiler

In one of my trips to Seoul, we happened to sit next to Donghae (of Super Junior) at Miele, a cafe in the Gangnam district.  I honestly did not know who he was until my friends told me.  Interestingly my friends were supposed to stop by his shop and I invited them to Miele before heading there.  Lo and behold Donghae was in the same cafe.  The same friends were sitting next to SHK and SJK while having dinner in Busan a week before (they were luckier than I am).  Seems to be an initial meeting in preparation for DOTS filming.

• Like 4

The teleconversation between PBS and CYS in Episode 6 is one of my favourite scenes in Healer. The way CYS confessed her feelings for Healer was just so girly and bashful that she herself found it so hard to say, yet her feeling was clearly shown on her face. Her face practically shone! The way she squirmed really showed her feelings so naturally. I could imagine blood suddenly gushed to SJH's head upon hearing her confession, that he forgot to breathe for a moment. And then the next moment, CYS said she felt like sisters with him, LOL! SJH's reaction was priceless.

It as a beautiful scene indeed, and PMY is an incredible actress. :heart:

• Like 6

7 First Kiss: why i look left and right, up and down, i still found Seo Junghoo in that intro:

(0:27 - 0:32, 1:00) - JCW

one joke: i have more worry than of CW's recent pairings in recent-dramas, if Choi Ji Woo is cast in as the Main Lead. And am a little piting that female mean lead, she gotten so much hates facing off fans from 7 shippers-sites, (minus this shiper site of cause).
btw. hahha. i am a fan of Choi ji woo before i loved PMY. she defy age! hahah. i always wish to have a drama that can put PMY and Choi ji woo these kind of kind veteran together to play sisters., that oozed elegance vibes. PMY always made me imagine she will become CJW that kind of ageless beauty in 10 years.
will be tunning in to see MAMA this 2 Dec for PMY presenting. i have the cable TV channel, thank God.

Spoiler

little thoughts:
 @ReemKanabta and @cmoirae2 , changmin-sunbaes, thanks God you all kept all the clips, and 'revived' them. i didn't since they were the first ship i started shipped, before this i only watched and cried over dramas... so i didnt think of keeping all these and archived some where in files..... so when i need to find certain stuffs. i have to hurry and search thru Healer-sites or these sites...  i guess, after my work-holiday,,, then i can do something. pls don't disappear after i come back.. hahaha. am very  'worn out emotionally', think really need a break til then. i was been greedy, beside this changmin thread, i am busy with another two or three actors/actresses stuff... certain obligation there and being worn out emotionally recently over ... (huh. Reem, you know what it is). 

• Like 4

@maryofbethany CJW isn't the female lead so don't worry

Spoiler

its romance drama about Min Soo Jin (played by actress Lee Cho Hee) a staff at a duty free store, who has to choose between 7 different men who will try to win her heart. It will comprise of 8 episodes, each lasting 10 minutes

from JCWKitchen

A whispering BTS for you to enjoy

And for newbies here's an IG post of one of PMY's BFF with JCW, he was barefaced and obviously it wasn't an event were they met, we think it was around the time MY's puppy Zzup died on May 2015, PMY was in China filming BOTM at the time so we think he might have been helping when Zzup got sick (check the pole behind them, looks like a clinic, not a place where you can just bump into JCW, at the time she gave fans this explanation:

z_one798 I work in PR business, luckily just happened to meet him while working. I myself also a big fan of him~

her caption was: "as handsome as he is, JCW also has great manners"

P.S she followed him on IG around that time, and he followed her back a few months later before he un followed everyone recently

Spoiler

That's Zzup

PMY and her Zzup in Namhae Apr 2015

Ji Won (her name) and PMY

JW and Leon (PMY new dog) at PMY's house

With MY in Phuket

• Like 2

And this is the moment before the gif I posted before from KBS awards

OI04Q9f.gif

P.S the video from which this gif is taken is a fan cam for SIG where it shows SIG talking to both PMY and JCW, then saying goodbye and moving away, then this moment there happened between our OTP (in another fan cam JCW stood next to SIG at the very side of the group when taking the picture and greeted each other awkwardly with a nod from the head, SIG was the one initiating this)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cmoirae2 said:

Indeed lucky chinggu.  

Hide contents

In one of my trips to Seoul, we happened to sit next to Donghae (of Super Junior) at Miele, a cafe in the Gangnam district.  I honestly did not know who he was until my friends told me.  Interestingly my friends were supposed to stop by his shop and I invited them to Miele before heading there.  Lo and behold Donghae was in the same cafe.  The same friends were sitting next to SHK and SJK while having dinner in Busan a week before (they were luckier than I am).  Seems to be an initial meeting in preparation for DOTS filming.

How I wish that would happen to me too... hahaha... But I just only knew a few celebrities , rare idols just mostly actors & actresses.... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReemKanabta said:

And this is the moment before the gif I posted before from KBS awards

P.S the video from which this gif is taken is a fan cam for SIG where it shows SIG talking to both PMY and JCW, then saying goodbye and moving away, then this moment there happened between our OTP (in another fan cam JCW stood next to SIG at the very side of the group when taking the picture and greeted each other awkwardly with a nod from the head, SIG was the one initiating this)

@ReemKanabta wow.. i better start to keep all of these now, saved it somewhere..... you are truly a NancyDrew or a female Sherlock... to be able to piece all together. (means they were talking to each other even after SIG moved away.. from what i know.. SIG and JCW were all term friends right.. did i forget or got it wrong that they were some kinds of neighbourhood- buddies? right?

Spoiler

i know about Choi Ji Woo, hahah. was joking then.. CJW is with someone else (Lee Seo Jin) , , no worry.  was saying the fairygodmother is more pretty than cinderella there at the Lotte drama. that's why i say i pity LCH. she got lots of complaints from some of these actors' fans.

btw. rest assured i am not to the extent of envous nor jealous of most of JCW's co-leads. 90% of the times, problems does NOT lies with the female leads, but in the overly zealous fans of those co-leads actresses. its seldom the faults or all these Professional actresses who earn a living by all these skinship scenes, or jsut simple doing their best at their Fav career (namely Acting)

thanks for introducing melissa.chang.62 IG.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ReemKanabta said:

@maryofbethany CJW isn't the female lead so don't worry

Reveal hidden contents

its romance drama about Min Soo Jin (played by actress Lee Cho Hee) a staff at a duty free store, who has to choose between 7 different men who will try to win her heart. It will comprise of 8 episodes, each lasting 10 minutes

from JCWKitchen

A whispering BTS for you to enjoy

And for newbies here's an IG post of one of PMY's BFF with JCW, he was barefaced and obviously it wasn't an event were they met, we think it was around the time MY's puppy Zzup died on May 2015, PMY was in China filming BOTM at the time so we think he might have been helping when Zzup got sick (check the pole behind them, looks like a clinic, not a place where you can just bump into JCW, at the time she gave fans this explanation:

z_one798 I work in PR business, luckily just happened to meet him while working. I myself also a big fan of him~

her caption was: "as handsome as he is, JCW also has great manners"

P.S she followed him on IG around that time, and he followed her back a few months later before he un followed everyone recently

Hide contents

That's Zzup

PMY and her Zzup in Namhae Apr 2015

Ji Won (her name) and PMY

JW and Leon (PMY new dog) at PMY's house

With MY in Phuket

Thanks for the captions on these photos now I can relate and "connect the dots".... I've been seeing them randomly in IG but, I don't know what's it all about since it's not written in english...

• Like 3

On 11/24/2016 at 4:35 PM, ReemKanabta said:

WRITER SONG JI-NA'S Q&A - AB

Hide contents

Q: Did you originally plan a sad ending? If so, at about which episode did you switch to a happy ending?
A: It was going to have a happy ending from the beginning. When Ji Chang-Wook came to the studio for the first time, I told him the ending as I explained his character. We just kept that path. One death and a new beginning. Only... at the time, I was planning on taking my time with a proper ending. My first thought was for Jung-Hoo to fake a crash while on an aircraft. Sorry, Jung-Hoo.

@ReemKanabta okay there is one thing i forgotten to mention earlier on... about Song Ji Na's Ending. while many excellent writers and even actors mostly preferred sad ending.. because it seems a norm and Known-facts that most mostly casts and crews and creator-(script-writers) all desired to have sad endings to cause more lingering feels and make people remembered the dramas for publicity.  wirternim is like the Creator of its all. whatever she preferred matters above all.. i am so glad that she from the beignning already set her mind to let youngshin and junghoo be happily together. ..to her, her loves for these 2 characters more above gaining fame and making fans like her work. some writers changed what they originally decided and write a diff ending diff from what they preferred, serving fans pleasures.  i was so fed up with many writers and actors actually prefer sad ending than happy ending just to make people remember the dramas.

I had read before how serious actors like JCW or Lee Jongsuk or the various writernims all mentioned mid show that they don't mind a sad ending when there is no need for the ending to be sad, for example, the protagonists did not end up with cancers or did any grievous sins or married someone else... so there are rooms to write them into happy ending... but in the heart of these actors they want dramatic ending scenes to show their stellar acting even to bag an acting Award for those final emotion-challenged scenes..... or writernim wants a grand exit with a bang, so they make someone bazzar but grand to leave a trail of frenzy fans' reactions.... i was so please no one at Healer ever think of dumping the happiness of two persons real enough in our mind, and loved enough in our heart, throw them under the bus for dramatic exit's sake.

• Like 3

I call this the magical episode hence the "Got to Believe in Magic" song.  Magical for Jung Ho and Young Shin ... and for us the audience.  It was a carpe diem moment for Jung Ho ... like it's now or maybe tomorrow?  next week?  or never ... the opportunity presented itself and started with the elevator rescue (which btw and if I am not mistaken, was one of SJN's favorite scenes, mine too!)  Healer/Jung Ho took the chance and it was a sweet and tender first kiss ... also known as the snow kiss ... lovely scenery with falling snow in the backdrop, YS face covered with the traveling beanie (travelled with Wooks on several concerts/fan meetings :wub:) and that look, THAT look, totally smitten and starting to fall in love ... I loved the way Wooks as Healer gazed at PMY's face ... to me it was the best portrayal of a guy in love for the first time (or maybe in the process of falling in love) ... as Meryl Streep once said, the most difficult role to play is that of being in love ... and yes, Wooks nailed it!  

this was actually the first episode I watched as this was broadcasted right before our OTP won the best couple award at the MBCDA.  Out of curiosity I watched episode 8 first then marathoned the remaining 7 episodes and I did not regret it.  The drama did not appeal initially, did not know who Ji Chang Wook was and I wasn't really into action dramas.  PMY I knew from Sungkyunkwan Scandal which is one of my top favorite dramas but now ... and after almost 2 years look what Healer has done to me :blink: i am still lauding and celebrating what a great drama Healer is (and call me a broken record - I may have said this 1,000,000 times now haha) ... might as well while I am under its magic spell ...

btw @youngatheart doesn't leon look like a ball of snow? :P

Slide062_zpsdyekagk6.jpg~original

Spoiler

Slide063_zpszzteb5ct.jpg~original

Slide064_zpsalq1uzyy.jpg~original

Slide065_zpstybgugkg.jpg~original

Slide066_zpslam1bagw.jpg~original

Slide067_zps9nbyrg2g.jpg~original

Slide068_zpsmu2wacp1.jpg~original

Slide069_zpspytxrceq.jpg~original

Slide070_zpsfxutir2d.jpg~original

Love this song, Got to Believe in Magic by David Pomeranz. 

Spoiler

• Like 3

On 11/26/2016 at 3:32 PM, heroonthebeach said:

Hi everyone, sorry to be late on the greetings, but happy thanksgiving to all in the US! Hope you had a great time feasting and spending time with family and friends. :D

Lots of sharing this going on here and here's my little thanksgiving sharing too to everyone. I've finally done up my review for ep19, which I took a long time to do and is longer than my previous reviews because there's just so many things to praise this show for.

Here it is: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/11/26/healer-episode-19/

Enjoy, everyone! :)@ReemKanabta

@heroonthebeach i am that kind of person that take very very very long to read an article, or i may even hold on don't read until i have the mood. else i will be spoiling the effect upon reading and do discredit to the person who wrote any sincere articles. this is my weakness. thus some of the excelence articles by the 2 sunbaes changminers here, i largely touched and go, am very slowly digesting the heavy emotional stuffs that posted by Reem and Cmoi (sorry, u two, i 'shorten" your names, am very lazy person), hahah, esp 'sacred things must digest slowly, not swallow one whole...) anyway very bad mood and low moral recently.

here it is my feels:

Spoiler

apologies mine, I hold on your article until i am ready to read with clear and calm mood, else i will be ranting nonsense. so i am back. where to begin with? so much thoughts flying from this paragraph to that….
just let me begin with Song JiNa, yes, i saw that you after reading her thoughts behind writting Junghoo’s line, you truly appreciate the show even more. she sees him Junghoo as someone grow along the way and make good of his identity to help people, to free people, to show the truth, to expose evil, from beginning as a mercenary to a real man. its make diff that she wrote this as a drama surpass the usual “super-hero-saving world” stereotype. She puts serious thoughts as in media-responsibilities, personal identities, what is true braveness in midst of fear, corruptions,… not grand topics of saving world or philosophical thoughts, or little thoughts on how we live our lives.
we saw SJN put in her best not just in the characters crafting of OTP, but every single minor roles she turned the stones over…. and give them each changes and some satisfactory development. like you mentioned Mom. u wrote “Myung-Hee also contributes to the ongoing war with Elder through an interview with Moon-Ho, ….” that is the thing, while almost thru’out the whole show, she stayed as a reluctant distressed damsel victimised. So SJN saved her and redeemed her to make her contributed to a course that her beloved ex husband died to save… i saw many transformed people even in this ep19, which is not even at the final ep. while in many dramas we found only at final ep that the writernim hastily write some stupid rush ending to given some ‘arrangement’ or answer for minor characters, while many others characters’ ending leave hanging. But SJN by ep19 already showing she will left NO stone unturned for any characters. even that of detective Yoon or Minja… did we not smiled again, after 2 yrs, when we remembered back then, how we laughed when Minja went into the toilet and met Yoon… and we cried “Finally”! the fan-boy met his idol. and remembered how we lightly ship this “noona and her dongseung”. hahaha.

can i leave here without saying thanks to you, again for understanding Youngshin. you see, by yourself, it is NOT about Park MinYoung that i loved CYS ‘mindlessly or blindly”? but we see her as CYS, not as PMY. this is how well PMY portrayed CYS, that she can crafted a character completely apart from herself, that we saw CYS leaped from the scene again, AFTER A GOOD ALMOST 2 YEARS. like you said, “She’s courageous not because she’s by nature fearless, but because that’s the only right response at this moment, in order to defend the truth and the man that she loves. Even while she’s apart from Jung Hoo, he still remains her confidante and she talks to him in her thoughts, asking him whether she should tell Myung Hee that she’s her daughter. The connection between both her and Jung Hoo remains strong, even as they are physically apart.”
see, even you who was not fangirling with us at that time, not affected by us, YOU by yourself can see that!!! she is not fearless, but in midst of fears, she stand not still, she still fight on, and will not go down the night lying. she will not tell Junghoo “i am scared”, knowing that Junghoo knew she is scared and she has no strength and maybe outnumbered. But she wanted JH to know, she is stand courageous and determined. i wondered how much it will transformed an actor or actress’s character, after playing such a undaunted character, i personally think it is a blessing to learn from CYS. PMY must have felt blessed, and learnt from CYS, to stay patient and trusting and determined during the moments “they are physically apart.” (like now).

both CYS and SJH can handled any moments of separation throw at them, you know what scene i loved most at this EP19, the scene where he’s at a PC room, watching Young-shin’s videos on the Someday site. while she peers out her window and dto see if he’s lurking around. she stayed vigilant and not waiting as a distressed damsel, thinking “you will come and saved me right”?

you said how cute and funny her discourse with her mom,,, i giggled in fond memories… yes, this is the thing. instead of the acting nonsensical shallow cutesy way some Kdrama actresses always acted their ‘lively’sweet-role, SJN make CYS lively and joyful without the silliness. amid of her joke to mom and proudly introduced to the larger family, and her ‘acting cheerful’, you find nothing of the fake Kdrama-act-cute actings, you see courageous, and fighting spirits in midst of that smiles and jokes.
u see a fighting leopard again.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, youngatheart said:

I wanted to post this MY IG update because I know she sent a message to us and I am thinking of what the 'puppy my love' means. I happy she is fine amidst all the rumors going around.

That love means a lot of things thou, thanks for Leon(the puppy) for being there hehehe... And what's that rumor going on?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hrh77 said:

That love means a lot of things thou, thanks for Leon(the puppy) for being there hehehe... And what's that rumor going on?

Some shipping forum claims JCW was seen with last costar at some restaurants, I don't believe them without a picture and even there is there has to be a reason.

• Like 2

Someone to Watch over Me is one of the few songs (referenced in this photobook) from a female's point of view and applies to Episode 9.  I love Young Shin's character definitely not your damsel in distress.  I am drawn to dramas where women are portrayed as independent and strong (love SJN for doing this).  Typical Korean dramas would have "feisty" women bickering with the male lead and then cry, cry and play stupid with villains (puleassse spare me, are you bipolar?).  Of course one would be terrified after the near death experience ... but thanks to our superHealer for saving YS and she even gets a big bonus ... kiss under the first fall of snow ... and a first for both of them ... aww how romantic is that?  simple, no frills but so raw and genuine act at the spur of the moment ... or must I say it was right time.  I admired how YS dealt with her trauma and instead of wallowing on self pity, she brushed everything off and moved on (not a big fan of extended cry scenes - it's a waste of screen time, IMO).  I loved the scene where Healer was trailing behind CYS while CYS, on the other hand, was hoping Healer was watching her (and yes he was!)  Also loved the second phone conversation - YS from the retro phone booth and Healer not far away.  The juxtaposition of YS and Healer talking was done artfully with the play of vivid colors (green, red and yellow) in the background.  JCW even mentioned during the CC that this was a beautiful scene.  Indeed it was Wooks!    

Slide071_zpstj3by7w8.jpg~original

Spoiler

Slide072_zps53zfbnal.jpg~original

Slide073_zpspimxic2e.jpg~original

Slide074_zpstgrtoquu.jpg~original

Slide075_zpsithwkbuq.jpg~original

Slide076_zpsfei39x5b.jpg~original

Slide077_zpskxeidcfa.jpg~original

Slide078_zpsauyqchyi.jpg~original

Slide079_zps925jdrsi.jpg~original

Someone to Watch over Me by Ella Fitzgerald, an oldie classic.  It is also one of the songs in Gershwin's Crazy for You musical.  

Spoiler

• Like 3