Quantcast
marie67

[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook ❤ Park Min Young (ChangMin) ~HEALER couple~

@Igotcaughtdancingagain let's reminisce those good Healer times. 

Sharing the photobook's journey from DC to Jinju.  In addition to the photobook, I also had the Healing Times, @Ahpheng's Healer comic book and presents for Wooks and MY which included a DC United soccer track jacket.  He posted a photo on Weibo wearing that track jacket!  

Spoiler

Thank God I had carried the photo book and it made it to Seoul ... luggage with other goodies and gift bag were delayed so I recycled a shopping bag ... 

Spoiler

I happen to have booked at the same hotel as Wooks.  I only learned about it when I checked in as there were a few fans waiting in the lobby.  It was indeed my lucky day to have a close (and less chaotic) encounter with Wooks.  He was at arms length from where I was standing and I handed him the 2 bags which little BG took from him.  He said kamsa hameda.  Photo book is now in the hands of little BG.

Spoiler

• Like 5

Seems that JCW and LJK were pretty close bts of the Webdrama meeting and who ties them together but Park Min Young?  (I know it's very far-fetched and probably from my delulu perspective but LJK was the first Male Celebrity Star PMY did an ad with when she first debuted.) When they get the chance to discuss ideals and girls bts of the drama, we'll never know who's name might pop up right? ^ ^

• Like 4

As I was working on the photo book, I had thought of appropriate titles for each episode and most of it were song titles.  I chose 'Till There Was You' which if I am not mistaken is an original Beatles song but was covered by Rod Stewart.  After he accomplished his mission (and the 2nd back hug :w00t:), Jung Ho was intrigued by Chae Young Shin.  In my mind, Young Shin paved the way for Jung Ho's healing - from someone who led a solitary life (with remote interaction with Ahjumma) into slowly inching his way to be part of society.  Did he fall in love instantly?  Of course not!  That's the beauty of Song Ji Na's pen ... she portrayed a more realistic view on how Jung Ho fell for Young Shin ... he definitely did not fall for her instantly but he was certainly intrigued by this feisty, jolly and brave girl named Young Shin.

Slide012_zpsxjqlmzp7.jpg~original

Spoiler

Slide013_zpsqiou4tak.jpg~original

Slide014_zps4dkoss6l.jpg~original

Slide015_zpsbpah0pxv.jpg~original

Slide016_zpsdzoxlonh.jpg~original

Slide017_zpsvhdd8gts.jpg~original

Slide018_zps7svoxfpl.jpg~original

Slide019_zpsaiixyalt.jpg~original

Slide020_zpsxozlmkpb.jpg~original

Slide021_zps4qikij3f.jpg~original

If you want more feels, here's a clip of Rod Stewart's version of Till There Was You ... 

Spoiler

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cmoirae2 said:

As I was working on the photo book, I had thought of appropriate titles for each episode and most of it were song titles.  I chose 'Till There Was You' which if I am not mistaken is an original Beatles song but was covered by Rod Stewart.  After he accomplished his mission (and the 2nd back hug :w00t:), Jung Ho was intrigued by Chae Young Shin.  In my mind, Young Shin paved the way for Jung Ho's healing - from someone who led a solitary life (with remote interaction with Ahjumma) into slowly inching his way to be part of society.  Did he fall in love instantly?  Of course not!  That's the beauty of Song Ji Na's pen ... she portrayed a more realistic view on how Jung Ho fell for Young Shin ... he definitely did not fall for her instantly but he was certainly intrigued by this feisty, jolly and brave girl named Young Shin.

@cmoirae2 since you brought this up.... i was holding it in, to share about what i felt about the diff kinds of Love in dramas.
1) Love at First sight: they are love that spark off by a "Love at first sight", which then develop into stronger love later. but if it stay being mesmerized by some beautiful girl or Hunk's handsome face. then the relationship is truly shallow. i don't like this kind of dreamy unrealistic love. Thank God that Chae Youngshin was not written to be using her beauty to caused Bongsookkie smittened to half dead in a love at first sight, then we can see the slow development of BS's feels for CYS.

2) Love stem from Pity and gratitude. this kind of love, is always bound and controlled by a person sympathy towards another, it felt the need to protect and practice self-control so that the "OBJECT' will not be hurt. this kind of love, make the One who bestow kindness unable to be as his true self when he is with her, and have to protect her vulnerability at all times, eg. thinking at all times what to say and what not to say... which is totally tiring! But this kind of love is off balance. and the weaker partner cannot fully understand her man, since he will have to keep things from her, as she should not be knowing more of his troubles. Thank God again, CYS from the start of the show was already written to be trying to protect Bongsookie, what a girl of valor.

3) Love because the other party meet the Ideal quality set my ourselves, like they are "MY IDEAL TYPE' this kind of sayings.  Because in doing so, it is qualities that attract 2 persons. As if we go round finding a man that fixed into the Qualities we Set as "MY IDEAL TYPE".... then this is not true love and knowledge and acceptance of the Person we met!  But just choosing someone based on that someone met the qualities and passed 'the test' to be qualified as worthy to be entered into partnership with us, its so totally like a business deal. In real life, we always met and marry someone completely different from "OUR IDEAL TYPE". Thus still need to thank God again, CYS is not the ideal type that Junghoo set up his mind to find. In fact both from the beginning of the show are not dreamy into looking for Dream boy or Dream girl of their life. Even when Youngshin found Kim Moon-ho in real skin, she is not dreamy enough to woo her "poster-boy" (she set him as someone she respected as an idol in term of career) but she don't shadows and chased after Moon-ho.

Song JiNa wrote them working together as colleague, and friends... watching each other's back.. and see them being themselves with no pretense when working with each other. Bongsooke see all Youngshin's nonsense, see her weired dance, listen to her queer singing. see her drunk... hahah. even 'smell' her pant while hiding under her bed. i loved relationship that morph out from natural friendship. CYS accept him as Bongsookie, the weird not outstanding guy (with a pretty face), treating him as an equal, and willing to show her 'true-self' to him, reveal all inner woes to him, believing he understand and seeking his comforts during all the night phone chattings... i loved how open CYS is towards him. this sort of open up SJH's heart towards her and know her better, the fearless Leopard.
“It’s not that she was ignorant of fear..... She was brave even though she knew how scared she was.” its admiration of who she is, and not out of beauty, or pity, or Ideal-type met, that drawn him to her.

• Like 3

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/56875/20161122/ji-chang-wook-the-k2-cast-dating-yoona-of-girls-generation-six-first-kisses-star-have-ones-say.htm

Ji Chang Wook 'The K2' Cast Dating Yoona Of Girls Generation? ‘Six First Kisses’ Star Have One Thing To Say

BY Dante Noe Raquel II

(please kindly read the actual article.)

9 hours ago, Tressia said:

Seems that JCW and LJK were pretty close bts of the Webdrama meeting and who ties them together but Park Min Young?  (I know it's very far-fetched and probably from my delulu perspective but LJK was the first Male Celebrity Star PMY did an ad with when she first debuted.) When they get the chance to discuss ideals and girls bts of the drama, we'll never know who's name might pop up right? ^ ^

Sorry to burst your bubble but JCW and LJK worked together in "Hero" on 2009

CyA1jsBVEAE4qK_.jpg

• Like 4

WRITER SONG JI-NA'S Q&A - ABOUT HERSELF AND THE ACTORS

10:53

Q: Did you have the actor for the role of Healer on your mind? What was it like working with Ji Chang-Wook?
A: It was DAEBAK! We've talked a lot amongst ourselves what we'd have done if we hadn't met Ji Chang-Wook. I didn't know him very well, either, at first. I just knew his name because I normally don't get to go out and watch plays due to my life cycle. But then I met him by chance (at some kind of a premiers, according to SJN's earlier post), and the feeling of Jung-Hoo just invaded me, so I just pushed for him. I'm very proud of myself for doing that.

Q: I could tell how you love Ji Chang-Wook, but what about Park Min-Young?
A: Actually, I didn't know about her that well, and when I saw some of her work, the impression was: she has good diction, her voice is clear (something important for me), and that her eyes are clear and powerful. Then our director gave a strong recommendation. That she can be trusted.
When I met her in person for the first time, I could feel the aura of "I want to do it. I want to act. I really want to act properly." Park Min-Young was someone who wanted to be an actress, not a star. I'll keep on cheering for her. Seriously. What would we have done if they hadn't played Jung-Hoo and Young-Shin?

Spoiler

Q: How fast is Jung-Hoo? He ran so fast when he ran to rescue ajumma and teacher.
A: I know. Even the camera couldn't keep up with him. I did hear that the actor likes soccer and that he normally plays as a striker.

Q: What heals you when you're having a hard time?
A: Family!

Q: When you first started writing Healer, I wonder if there was a scene that you had in mind from the beginning, a scene you wanted to write the most. If not, which scene left the biggest impression after you finished writing Healer?
A: Regarding the scene I wanted to write before I began writing? ...beating up president Hwang Jae-Gook? LOL I wanted to write stuff like that every day, but I think I would have been reported for writing such a violent drama.
The rooftop kiss scene at the ending of episode 8?
The man breaking out of his shell and the woman accepting that man as he is without any regards to his status?
(Sounds better than it really was... I wasn't sure how to describe this feeling at first, and I was glad to somewhat portray that with the kiss scene in episode 8.)
The scene with the biggest impression after the writing was over... was what was also used as the ending of episode 19... the four of them ascending on an escalator. Regardless of which generation they belong, they were standing side by side to work on the same mission...!

Q: I want to know more about how this drama came about - any episodes or ideas that came up as you discussed with your assistants.
A: At first they are all fragments. Various images... episodes... we just talk nonstop. Then the assistants write them down and organize them. Then we talk more on those. It's like matching the pieces of a puzzle of the story.
Once the casting is complete, the characters are made to fit the actors, then we follow the imagery.
For example, things changed a lot after Yoo Ji-Tae accepted the role of Moon-Ho. There was going to be a hint of a love triangle between Moon-Ho, Jung-Hoo, and Young-Shin. But we decided that Moon-Ho portrayed by Yoo Ji-Tae was enough without that. (in response to a similar question, she added) Being an uncle was enough for Yoo Ji-Tae to love and care for them without having that kind of feelings.

Q: Could you give an advice for people aspiring to become writers?
A: First advice: don't become a writer! Second advice: Observe people a lot. There are many aspiring drama writers who only watch dramas a lot. I wish they'd be observing people... Listen to what they say and think about why they'd be acting that way... I think that's how you train yourself to become a writer. Reading books is the biggest help in figuring out what people think. Good books always contain what people think.
Think. We spend so much time without thinking. Writers especially have to think a lot.
...is the advice coming from a writer who doesn't think much.

Q: East or west?
A: The instinct of going straight. No conflict! Always the first one!
(If Young-Shin had asked, west or east? Jung-Hoo would have answered, west!)

Q: Which scene was the most difficult to write?
A: The opening scene of episode 11, where Moon-Ho and Jung-Hoo meet and Jung-Hoo reveals himself.
This really took me a long time, I was in such agony.
The point being,
If Jung-Hoo reveals himself totally at this point, Young-Shin needs to find out by episode 14 or 15. The plot doesn't allow it to drag it any longer.
However, that would tank the viewership rating.
Jung-Hoo's identity needs to be kept in the dark in order to maintain the tension of their relationship.
Only then can you keep the attention of the viewers.
However, if that tension had been kept, we'd have had to sacrifice the real message of our drama,
such as Jung-Hoo's growth (breaking out of his shell at the end of episode 14) or him coming to an awareness about this society.
Would we be able to keep relaying this message while still keeping Jung-Hoo and Young-Shin's identities in the dark... I had such a headache thinking about this.
In the end, I just opened it all up in the beginning of episode 11.
I still don't know if that was the right decision. Should I have kept some secrets back then and gone on like other hero stories.. like Zorro.. like other romcoms... melodramas... I can't tell because I haven't tried that.
The most difficult episode to write was 16.

Q: What is the message you wanted to send out to the youth today who are put off by politics or social justice?
A: One of the questions Ji Chang-Wook had asked on the phone was about Jung-Hoo telling Min-Ja that he's just figured out who he needs to fight against, "What and how much did Jung-Hoo figure out here?"
My reply was about a quote I liked back in my twenties, "I can't be free if the people around me aren't free. Therefore, I fight for their freedom so that I may be free." He gave a hearty laugh and said that he got it. I think this quote was one of the messages I wanted to say to the youth. Of course, love comes before that.

Q: What triggered you to work on Healer?
A: It was something I wanted to write about before I retire as a drama writer. Something about the parents' generation and the children's generation. But as I could see that the viewership ratings wouldn't be good, I only harbored the idea in my heart. But then Director Lee Jung-Sub came to me several times to encourage. When I feared the most when I started was about whether I could really take on the children's perspective. I'd keep trying to lecture from the parents' perspective, could I possibly take on the child's perspective with objective eyes? Like that, I started writing the backstory of Jung-Hoo, and thought that it might work, and that's how it got started.

Q: What do you think we need the most to become a real adult instead of just possessing a dinosaur's brain?
A: Love boldly. Instead of being tentative without committing yourself, start with loving with all your heart. Not flirting for a momentary flutter in the heart, but to wholeheartedly love someone.
Then, it would become very difficult to let the world your loved one lives in hurt your loved one.

Q: There were so many scenes of Jung-Hoo and Young-Shin holding hands. Did you have any special reasons for that? From your personal experience?
A: Not to mention Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam or the contact between alien and earthlings in E.T.,
Yes, I like holding hands. The contact, the connection, the warmth that spreads through the hand... things like that.
MY always extends her two hands to hold the other person's hands.
I think I miss that touch more and more as the cyber world takes over reality these days.
Think about it. When the day comes when androids prevail (although it already feels like 20% of the active people today are androids), you wouldn't be able to tell just by listening to someone talking whether they are real humans or whether they really mean what they're saying about me.
My hope is that holding hands will help you there. ... I don't know what I'm saying.

Before shooting, the actors came to my studio several times and worked on getting the rhythm and the feel down, building their characters and working on their teamwork.
(This was the first moment I was impressed with actor Ji Chang-Wook. The recent trend is that scheduling a meeting with a young and famous actor is quite a complex process like organizing a summit of the two Koreas, having to go through many steps starting with their personal assistants and what not. However, Chang-Wook always called first and asked to meet with me, wanting to practice more, and just showed up by himself ready to take notes. On top of that, when he showed up and saw rookie actors practicing, he even helped them practice by taking part in their dialogue. I was very surprised.)

Q: Did you originally plan a sad ending? If so, at about which episode did you switch to a happy ending?
A: It was going to have a happy ending from the beginning. When Ji Chang-Wook came to the studio for the first time, I told him the ending as I explained his character. We just kept that path. One death and a new beginning. Only... at the time, I was planning on taking my time with a proper ending. My first thought was for Jung-Hoo to fake a crash while on an aircraft. Sorry, Jung-Hoo.
  • Like 4

r.580x0

His favourites scenes as usual the snow kiss, and then the phone booth scene with all the fluttery feelings he said before

• About PMYhe said he found her dancing interesting hahaha, He said she acted the YS character very well, her curious and competitive nature - the way she acted was interesting.
  • Comparing how JH loves YS and asking what is JCW's falling in love style,The interviewer noted that JH became very gentle and after he got together with YS : The style of JH's love, is different from other normal people - normal people will feel a distance? He expresses his feelings badly, he knows very little (or nothing at all) about love, In that very lonely house of his, he remains distant from other people. For myself, I think I am not like that, In the case of Bongsoo, he is always in a daze. So I don't think I am like either of their styles, However the parts where we are alike - when we like a person it is a very pure type of feelings

http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2025062

• Like 5

Some translated part of the Japanese IV (The order might be a little off, but we included the most important parts) again thank you @tehlimau for your appreciated efforts

http://jichangwook87.tistory.com/114

Embedded image permalink

Q: The parts where you acted with the popular actress PMY has raised a lot of questions/discussions. What are they about?

Through the show we got on very well, there were many funny scenes and it was very interesting to film them. As we act we communicated (well) , we had many exchanges

Healer-0042.jpg

Q: Tell us about the role you played!

A: I acted as a character code named Healer, who after meeting CYS and KMH - the complicated relationship s between them formed the basis of the story, There are a lot of exciting action scenes and sweet romantic scenes. It is a drama with a lot of sparks.

Q: how was the shooting atmosphere during Healer?

It was very good. Actually we were shooting during winter and it was not easy, but the atmosphere on the set was very good. So I was very happy filming it.

Q: what are your thoughts about acting with PMY and YJT?

(here he started to not speak clearly, like stuttering)!!!!!!!

Uh...regarding Min-Young na (note that we couldn't hear the NU part, so he wanted to say MY ah, but switched to Na after recalling he's on public TV!!!!), during the filming process we became very close...actors. Um when we filmed mutual scenes we discussed a lot, made jokes and there were many interesting scenes, so um.... Was very happy, interesting, communication was good, happy filming...I have these kind of memories.

ji-chang-wook-and-park-min-young.jpg?w=6

tumblr_nkfgmbH4no1u98dbho4_250.gif

Q: Memorable scenes with PMY!

Now that I'm trying to recall, there were many romantic scenes, Especially during the latter part of the drama, So when I remember I mostly recall such scenes, For example the snow kiss rooftop scene (no surprise there, Mr. snow kiss man)

11056034_440555119427497_553136577_n.jpg

And the ending scene when we were sitting at the rooftop and drinking beer together, These scenes are the most memorable to me

93ccf3adjw1ep4m9o9gerg209506hu11.gif

Q1: What do you think of dramas, movies and musicals

A1: I think they all have their own charms but I have a lot of respect for musical actors. I choose projects most interesting to me. I prefer a medium which I can showcase fine and detailed acting

Q2: What is your secret for being so popular among international fans

A2: I guess they really like my characters and are influenced by them. Female fans really like the silent protector type of character in Healer, and thus they love and support him...

Q3: Do you have any similarities with the characters?

A3: JH is very different from a normal person - he distances hmself from others, and is a very lonely character. He likes to eat instant food, but I hardly eat instant food. For BS he is dim-witted and careless minded and doesn't know much about the world. When I act him out, I use certain similar speech and gestures as my own , but the actual character I do not think we are very alike

Q: Memorable scenes!

the snow kiss rooftop scene

The scene where YS and I were escaping from a nursery, and I had to let out a tiny smile - I had good reviews of the scene and it was memorable for me too.

healer5_1.jpg

Q5: OST collaboration

A5: I like to listen to music and sing and sometimes participate in interesting OSTs. But it was not originally planned for me to sing, but ??? asked me to do it, and so I agreed.

Q6: What is your ideal type?

A6: Someone who matches my character and can communicate well. I like a girl who can have fun when we are together.

1419316836-28-org.jpg

CYS IS A CAPITIVATING TYPE OF WOMAN.

1609.jpg

She had a childhood trauma, but she did not let the trauma affect her and remained very bright. She has very good energy.

SHE IS DEFINITELY AN ATTRACTIVE WOMAN.

ELeO7SB.jpg

PMY said: "Sometimes I feel Young Shin is too much like me that I’m surprised myself. I’ll think, is the writer watching me? Chae Young Shin is that type of character that shares a lot of similarities with me."

From one of her IV "As the conversation continues, our misunderstandings about Park Min Young gradually lessen, to the point that it makes us feel like the person in front of us is Chae Young Shin. Even her friends said to her, “You finally found a character suited for you.” This shows how similar Park Min Young and Chae Young Shin are.

"tII52tqb.jpg fK6QYb7b.jpg

tumblr_njm2n4Hq1y1tuj76io1_400.jpg

http://jichangwook87.tistory.com/m/post/111

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ReemKanabta said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but JCW and LJK worked together in "Hero" on 2009

Ohhhh. My bad! Now you know how new I am to CJW! hahahaha

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tressia said:

Ohhhh. My bad! Now you know I new I am to CJW! hahahaha

hahahaha, but you know what, SIG and him suddenly said they're friends after Healer (JCW said once he went to karaoke with his friend SIG, and SIG said my friend JCW said this to me :P), and you know who PMY was working with in compagna CF and she was an MC with him in KBS awards 2014, he and JCW were definitely not familiar back then, judging from all the fan cams that night

Spoiler

Kim Sang Kyung, Park Min Young & Seo In Guk

The three of them were talking here, I think PMY introduced both guys to the other, cos just before that JCW was standing next to SIG in the group pic and he just nod his head to him

OI04Q9f.gif

@CatchMine_ID That video is awesome, thanks for compiling all those BTS into that video

FYI, the physical appearance JCW talked about most in his IVs, since we know he doesn't have a criteria to appearance, he also said in his birthday FM, his ideal type was around 163/164 CM

• Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving, Changminers/Healerites!

I'm thankful for the chance to spazz over this pair with you all. Hopefully you all had great dinners and made wonderful memories with friends and family. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Tressia said:

Happy Thanksgiving, Changminers/Healerites!

I'm thankful for the chance to spazz over this pair with you all. Hopefully you all had great dinners and made wonderful memories with friends and family. 

Thanks @Tressia@maryofbethany@ReemKanabta@cmoirae2for all the updates. I am finally able to log on after about 48 hours. Yeah it was a happy thanksgiving, it's already 1am at my place and just finished cleaning up. A lot has happened in less than 24 hours with our girl, she followed 11 of her fan IGs, but just found out she unfollowed them in the past hour. What gives? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, youngatheart said:

Thanks @Tressia@maryofbethany@ReemKanabta@cmoirae2for all the updates. I am finally able to log on after about 48 hours. Yeah it was a happy thanksgiving, it's already 1am at my place and just finished cleaning up. A lot has happened in less than 24 hours with our girl, she followed 11 of her fan IGs, but just found out she unfollowed them in the past hour. What gives? 

@youngatheart don't know what happened.... but was at twitter... and some of the fans who she followed did screenshot evidences of her following them,.. and post at twitter. maybe other fans make noise and goes jealous.. she has no choice. poor girl. yes, i saw some of the 'blessed' fans posting like crazy in twitter.

• Like 3

Thanks @Tressia  Happy Thanksgiving as well to everyone in the US.  I just had a long day preparing dinner and just finished cleaning up as well @youngatheart ... Next year we should just have our thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant next year which means no prep no clean-up :)

Now back to my countdown to Healer's 2nd anniversary with Episode 3 throwback.  At this point, our Jung Ho wanted to be closer to Young Shin and decided to be by Young Shin's side as Park Bong Soo ... I chose the song 'Closer to You' for this episode - an original Carpenter song that Harry Connick covered.  I love Wook's interpretation of PBS character ... Dorky but absolutely a lovable dork ... This episode is giving us the Superman/Clark Kent/Lois Lane vibe Korean version.  I also love CYS's spunky character and PMY nailed her characterization of Young Shin.  

Slide022_zps0qf0mmxc.jpg~original

Spoiler

Slide023_zpst0jvtpyf.jpg~original

Slide024_zpswqjlbvsp.jpg~original

Slide025_zpsuoexjedw.jpg~original

Slide026_zpshplbsujl.jpg~original

Slide027_zpsasp31wig.jpg~original

Slide028_zpscqasnbuj.jpg~original

Slide029_zpszletonkx.jpg~original

Slide030_zps5bg0exje.jpg~original

Harry Connick's version of Close to You

Spoiler

• Like 6

On November 22, 2016 at 9:56 PM, maryofbethany said:

@cmoirae2 pls, yes! do have it translated into Hangul and pass to them. i wonder whether most of them (except dear MY) know English... the gems of it all is in the words and comments from the healerites.  While its true the Photos speak a thousands words... but still it is good that we can let them (JCW and PMY and Writernim SJN, PD LJS / KJW) reads how we felt back then, or even let them know we still felt blessed by knowing this drama.  the one you passed to him, is in English just like this you posted right? wow... pls show Chapter 2 later.:wub:. yes 1333 pages in Healer's thread, or even this thread 540 pages is no joke to go thru to find stuffs. i tried and is like a needle lost in ocean.

Oh wow, you met JCW personally in LA??.. Cool... Lucky you!!.. HOw was it?

Gees, finally I was able to log in here..

• Like 3

Hi everyone, sorry to be late on the greetings, but happy thanksgiving to all in the US! Hope you had a great time feasting and spending time with family and friends. :D

Lots of sharing this going on here and here's my little thanksgiving sharing too to everyone. I've finally done up my review for ep19, which I took a long time to do and is longer than my previous reviews because there's just so many things to praise this show for.

Here it is: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/11/26/healer-episode-19/

Enjoy, everyone! :) 

@ReemKanabta thanks for sharing the interview with Song Ji-Na! It answered some questions I had and have included one part of what she said about social justice in my blog entry too. 

• Like 5

Oh how I wish I could meet them in person too...  And this forum site was down during ThanksGiving... dang it..

• Like 1

On November 25, 2016 at 10:46 AM, hrh77 said:

Oh wow, you met JCW personally in LA??.. Cool... Lucky you!!.. HOw was it?

Gees, finally I was able to log in here..

hello chinggu, yes I did!  here's an account of my experience

it was like a dream but i must say i was soo lucky ... i hope to have another opportunity in the future ... i am hoping he comes back to the US for Fabricated City premiere ... if i ever make it to one of his events in Asia again,  it's probably not easy to get access to wooks with his growing fanbase ... 2 years ago I was staying in the same hotel as Wooks in Jinju so there were less people but in Jeju, it was like a zoo at the airport ... when I saw his concert in Osaka this year, i just went to see his concert ... didn't attempt to get a glimpse of him as he arrived and left the venue ... i value my peace and safety more :-)

• Like 3

Now Healer has become more interesting as the loveline develops.  It is first and foremost an action/socio-political drama but I loved how Song Ji Na expertly interweaved the OTP love story into the plot.   We see the gradual progression from how Healer was initially intrigued with CYS without losing grip on its storyline.  At this point, Healer goes over and beyond finding out more about CYS by even crashing into her home as PBS ... haha ... really suave style I must say ... The scene that shows young Jung Ho and young Young Shin brings to mind the song "I Was Born to Love You".  We know Jung Ho isn't in love but they certainly had history and were bound to meet again and continue onto their rudely interrupted love life ... keke ...

Slide031_zpszmazusu0.jpg~original

Spoiler

Slide032_zpskmo2ngau.jpg~original

Slide033_zpsvot8g4ur.jpg~original

Slide034_zpswlj9gjqv.jpg~original

Slide035_zps2fyweitz.jpg~original

Slide036_zpsjbbvaw8w.jpg~original

Slide037_zpst2mx4qnc.jpg~original

Slide038_zpsevnprb0l.jpg~original

And so with episode 5, Healer as PBS continues to be by CYS's side and learning about the littlest things (such as taking 2 tablets to calm her from an anxiety attack) and reaffirming her feistiness ... the song "My Girl" came to mind when Healer/PBS gave that priceless (and swoon worthy) side glance as they were running away from Hwang Jae Kook's place ... it was like him saying, proud of you ... that's my girl ... 

Slide039_zpsdom0lsio.jpg~original

Spoiler

Slide040_zpsbvdkplmj.jpg~original

Slide041_zpslonhzrf0.jpg~original

Slide042_zpskrvvr7rm.jpg~original

Slide043_zpsfmyso67t.jpg~original

Slide044_zpsqmzk5ui9.jpg~original

Slide045_zpsu1lknw8c.jpg~original

Slide046_zps4qormpyp.jpg~original

Here's a video of Born to Love You by Queen and My Girl by the Temptations

Spoiler

• Like 4