[Drama 2015] Ho Goo's Love 호구의 사랑

Guest adikkeluangman

ecs707a said:
- When KC's mom showed HG's mom the lawsuit, why did no one freak out that nothing was what they thought it was?  I guess maybe they didn't actually figure it out until later?  KC's mom thought that HG's mom was DH's mom in that scene.  When HG's mom goes to talk to DH at swim practice, she still thinks that the woman she talked to was DH's mom (I think?).  So when does all that get resolved?  They all seem to know it was a misunderstanding by the night everyone shows up at HG's house.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ecs707a said:

So...just watched both 15 and 16.  I think I have a whole list of things that seemed a little off in these episodes, but as always, there's good stuff too.

Plot holes, things I disliked, and general weirdness:
- Geez, the whole fake marriage scheme...it's a damn good thing HK was right that DH was in a reasonably good state of mind, or that could have been really cruel of them.  Didn't really like that.- I'm on the fence about this one. While it really seemed cruel of them to do that to her, I guess I can also see it from HG's party why they did what they did. HG was right in saying that he was unable to break the DH's wall for her but she has to be the one to do it. I can't say the fake marriage was the best idea to go with but given the circumstance they placed themselves in, it looked to me to be HG's last resort to get DH to know what she wants. I saw it as ok  to do because if it was a lady pretending to get married and her side wanted to get the guy to step it up and did the same thing, I'd like to say that a lot of people would side with her that the guy needed to get his act on.

Things I liked, or that made a positive impression:
- When did HG find out who the dead friend was?  That seemed oddly placed, that visit to the grave.- Possibly DH has explained to HG what had happened in her life and clarifed some assumptions that he made.  The fact that he called KC to go ahead with the lawsuit and have sent the updated document with NKW's name, showed me that this was what might have happened. HG did ask DH to tell him the mundane things in her life when they go tback together, so I'm assuming that the communication barrier had been broken down slowly by then.

Yeah, I did notice some of the weird continuity errors. Especially that part where DH enters the chicken restaurant looking pissed off. And then they just cut to her apartment?
Another thing that I didn't like was that they would simply repeat scenes for a few seconds? It seemed like they were trying to accentuate pivotal moments or something, but it always just felt weird. It's not like they were showing the scene from another angle or anything - it just felt like something was going wrong with the video stream.
But thumbs up to ALL the actors. I thought they were all really great! This is the first time I'm seeing the actors playing HG and HK, and they were both awesome. I'm looking forward to whatever they do next.
And I loved Uee in this, too. She was great when vulnerable: sad, or in love. But also great at being a ssa-ga-ji. The last time I saw her was in "Golden Rainbow." She was all right in it, but the show was so hilariously awful.
And all the other actors were great, too - all the parents and friends. Loved them all.
Everyone was great, but if I had to pick one, I think the MVP for me was Seulong. He hasn't been in that many dramas, but I've seen him in "Personal Taste," (small role, he barely did anything) and "Hotel King" (he was fine, but the show was terrible and I dropped it). But he was totally awesome here. Arrogant prick, petulant, whiny, derpy, geeky, drunk, and then smoldering hot... everytime he was on screen, it was just pure entertainment. This was such a good role for him, I think.

Guest djchiriko

chickfactor said:
I thought UEE was fantastic. She was great in her vulnerable scenes. But I also love seeing the tough-as-nails Do Hee come back in the final episode. Do Hee needs to be cussing up a storm. (In front of her baby. Ha ha!)

I feel so empty right now... I will miss our Hogu~ :(

Ho-gu’s Love: Episode 15by LollyPipHL15-00049a.jpg

Do-hee and Ho-gu still have a lot of things to clear up before they can be together, but until Do-hee can come to terms with her past and be honest, there’s not much hope. We finally learn who’s grave she’s been visiting all this time, and why that person made such a strong impression on Do-hee’s life. But that impression may not be such a good thing for her to keep carrying around, not if she wants to move forward and be happy. Part of moving forward is letting go of the past, however difficult that may be.

EPISODE 15 RECAP

Fifteenth Foolish Act: “Let’s not hide our face.”

Dramabeans

wangnyeo said: I like this drama so much , but still did not get a full picture about the relation of JY the died friend of Doo Hae and DH rape ? 
anyone can help ! 
thanks ... 

Her name was Ji Yoon, and she was the girl who smashed the candy in an earlier episode.  She and Dohee became friends after that incident, and DH found out that Ji Yoon was being beaten and presumably raped on a regular basis by someone she knew.  It was something that Ji Yoon said back then that stuck with DH (even though she hadn't yet been raped herself) that comes into play in the present timeline.  Ji Yoon said that she wouldn't report it because she didn't want people to look at her with pity.  DH thinks that to herself when she stands Hogu up at the photographer's.  That's the first time she would have had to face him after she knows that he knows she was raped.

So when we see her with the ghost of Ji Yoon, she's still afraid to report the rape, and ashamed and afraid of what people will think of her (and afraid to face Hogu).  When she lets the ghost of Ji Yoon go, we know that she's decided to report him and be with Hogu again.

Hopefully that helps. :)

Guest kyung-jin

The 7 best and worst K-drama siblings

by KD Bonbon on Thu, Apr 02, 2015

Interesting family dynamics, especially sibling relationships, are an important element to many K-dramas. The sisters or brothers of main characters can help to round their character out and make them more relatable, likable, or sympathetic. And while some K-drama characters are really lucky with their siblings, others are very unlucky and have a brother or sister who makes you cringe.

Below are 7 of the best and worst K-drama siblings!

The Best

4. Kang Ho Kyung - Fool’s Love

Kang_Ho_Kyung.jpg

Kang Ho Kyung is the big sister everyone would love to have! Portrayed by Lee So Kyung, she is nice, supportive of her brother, and hilarious! She reminds me of so many sisters who look so perfect and beautiful outside, but once they get home, the makeup comes off, the pajamas go on, and they are just a regular human being. Ho Kyung is so down to earth and will do anything to encourage her brother to find love!

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-7-best-and-worst-k-drama-siblings/

I kept rewatching the bts clips from this drama and I think UEE is just someone who easily gets comfortable with skinship. I love how she always has this fond look on her face whenever she's with CWS and the way they love teasing each other.

Guest adikkeluangman

K-Drama Trend: Return of the Nice Guy
CBk9VN_UMAAWcn9.jpg

Have you noticed the recent trend of nice guys in male lead roles in K-Dramas? Sure, plenty of bad boys get reformed and transformed because of the girl they love and end up becoming a nice guy. That’s pretty unrealistic in real life though. Recently, there has been an increasing number of nice guys who are nice from beginning to end, true nice guys. They are different from the stereotypical bad boys, but they are not pushovers either. Let’s take a look at some recent K-Drama nice guys and let us know whether you prefer bad boys or nice guys.
Ho Gu from “Hogu’s Love”
ChoiWooShikHoGu.jpg

Choi Woo Shik‘s Ho Gu is another adorable nice guy. For most of his life, he was too much of a nice guy. He never had a proper girlfriend because many girls took advantage of his sweet nature, so he ended up getting friend-zoned. However, he has the courage to pursue his high school crush Do Hee (UEE) when he meets her at his high school reunion. Later, he finds out that she is pregnant through a chance encounter on a subway. His nice guy quality shines as he sticks by her side through thick and thin. He’s there for her during the delivery and stays despite not even being the father of her baby. He’s truly genuine and caring. Despite being a very nice guy, he’s not unable to stand up for himself. Why can’t there be more Ho Gus in this world?
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/02/k-drama-trend-the-return-of-the-nice-guy/

I saw this drama posted on dramafever for a couple of months ago and I didn't pay any attention to it because of the synopsis that was posted on dramafever. Last week, I had nothing to do and decided to watch this.... I LOVED IT FROM THE GET GO! I watched every episode that was released last week from episode 1 to 14 in one sitting and I couldn't wait for the next 2 episodes. When the final episode was released, I found myself wanting some more. I feel so empty now. 
I loved the chemistry of the cast. I loved the storyline. I love everything about it! Even Do Do Hee's monotone voice. I'm gonna miss this drama. I wish it didn't end so quickly. :(.

Ho-gu’s Love: Episode 16 (Final)by odilettantehogu1600263a.jpg

The end is here, so we must prepare ourselves to say “good-bye” to these delightful characters that have allowed us to become a part of their world for the last eight weeks. As to be expected, there’s a happy ending for just about everyone, and while there might be a few loose ends that were tied up a little too neatly, on the whole it’s a satisfying final episode.

FINAL EPISODE RECAP

Sixteenth Foolish Act: “Let’s all cross the red light together.”

Dramabeans

Haven't had the chance yet to watch completely the last 2 episodes (waiting for viki subs actually), but I wanted to thank everyone for their analysis and updates on this thread. :):)>-
KL5nPmV.jpg
 Wishing the best and future meaty roles for our 4 main leads. All of them have been great, plus the amazing supporting cast and staff. :-*

Guest adikkeluangman

[Picture Still] The most intense scene between KC-HG.11009861_463555697131782_30968995932696911015285_463555703798448_602566480181750

11370_463555707131781_918000593158865490

Although I though at the beginning, Seulong been added because of JYPE doing plus one package with Choi Woo Shik but after that. Maybe it was because, Seulong contract with JYPE ended in January and he in discussion to join new agency after that. So JYPE handled Seulong last activities and promo related with this drama until the end. That's why he can be the main actor for this drama because he already signed with other agency.

I just finished tis drama n totally enjoyed it.
Loved CWS. Rmb him from Rooftop prince, he was so cute then. Then in Special Affairs 10, a more mature him. Btw i hope there will be a S3 soon. Most recently i watched him in the big match. Really impressed by his acting. I love him as ho goo n see him portray a childish naive character who matured to be an assertive man. Another well acted character. Can really see he shed the naive image in the last 2eps n transformed into a man.
As for Uee, tis is my first drama watching her. She always has tat cute girl image n i think she did really well for tis drama. Proud n yet hiding a little girl inside.
Must esp mentioned ho kyung, sorry not too sure of her name, she has done well with her character n transformation from sloppy girl to glam queen.
A special mention for seulong, my bias from 2 AM, found it quite painful in the first few eps to watch him but must credit him for his improved acting. Perhaps lawyer byun character has more room for him to express the character , still it is a welcome change compared to his previous works. Hope tat he will continue to make music with 2AM while pursuing acting.

Archived