[Drama 2015] Ho Goo's Love 호구의 사랑

Guest adikkeluangman

Based from the ending, It seems the protest didn't last long or has ended.
It's possible that DoHee has won the lawsuit and they stopped pestering DoHee and her family.
HoGoo and DoHee lived happily with their 2 kids and DoHee is still a professional swimmer.

(I haven't watched the subs yet. this is only my interpretation on the very last scene)

:-?? :-?? :-??  :-/ :-/ :-/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all .... 
I'm coming again with some official pics 

CBdx395UkAASsEl.jpg:large

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/484135

Kang Chul & Ho Goo
CBeiSl7UkAIWPv6.jpg
CBeiRDdUwAAVTog.jpg

Beautiful 
CBeixJlUMAABv5M.jpg:large
Byun Kang Chul
CBe41gPUUAA6in8.jpg

CBe41p8U0AANJMt.jpg CBe41p6U0AAD0uN.jpg CBe41qGUgAARLLX.jpg CBe5CyAUcAAiIgE.jpg CBe5DAmUUAAFKDR.jpg CBfDTzOVAAAJ8Wq.jpg CBfDTzOVEAA1Rpy.jpg

Ho Kyung and Kang Chul
CBdleUoU8AAdkt6.jpg:large

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201503312356397410

The book for OST or something like this :) 
CBfCbmjUsAA3F8F.jpg
CBfCcvxUYAA62r4.jpg
CBfCd1RUsAAMdUx.jpg
CBfCe7fUgAEl2tI.jpg

For a drama that had alot of loose ends to tie going into the finale, I think Hogu's Love did a pretty good job with the ending. I think my favourite part(yes, besides that crazy kiss scene between HK & BKC) is the part where DH sincerely told HG that because GD is her son, she can love and hate him at the same time. But what she was afraid of is if he can consistently love GD too, because while he is the man she loves most, she can't abandon GD in case HG decides later on that he is a burden. Overall, I really love this little story and all of it's characters. I hope to see more from all of the actors.

I just finished Hogu's Love. i seriously lie this drama. Love every characters specially the twins and their parents... Lee Soo Kyung is my favorite!tried searching about her but the info is very limited. I hope she continues to be a better actress!

I love song 'Until I Reach Your Star' by Jeon So Hyun... at first I thought LSK sang it.
Lee_Soo-Kyung_(actress)-p1.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

I thought only me realized that how interesting picture that Choi Jae Hwan post on his IG that with UEE. He actually is nice looking man when not in Taehee mode. Well, what ever level relationship of him and UEE. I hope they're happy. It been quite sometime since I heard UEE in relationship.
I remember that CWS is kinda shy/scared when get to know that UEE will be the leading lady. Since he is younger than her and he just being himself.
EP15 During GD 100 days celebration. See DH-TH sit side by side. HG-HK are on other side. :DCBWdsRUVAAA_Hgs.pngCBWdsTTVAAAlEhR.png
titiong
Lee Soo Kyung is rookie actress. This is her first drama debut. Her first gig is soon to be release movie Chinatown. Maybe with this drama end and then people will see her movie and then she will get more opportunity in the future.

adikkeluangman said: I thought only me realized that how interesting picture that Choi Jae Hwan post on his IG that with UEE. He actually is nice looking man when not in Taehee mode. Well, what ever level relationship of him and UEE. I hope they're happy. It been quite sometime since I heard UEE in relationship.
I remember that CWS is kinda shy/scared when get to know that UEE will be the leading lady. Since he is younger than her and he just being himself.
EP15 During GD 100 days celebration. See DH-TH sit side by side. HG-HK are on other side. :D
Lee Soo Kyung is rookie actress. This is her first drama debut. Her first gig is soon to be release movie Chinatown. Maybe with this drama end and then people will see her movie and then she will get more opportunity in the future.

I loved this end:) I think PERFECT. Because shows that it's irrevelant if media or stranger people are against you, as long as the most important persons who you love, they are next to you and they believe in you:)I think court case's opening(not closure) is very real. Because this is long process and it's difficult to win, because just DH's word were against him, and camera, photo or eyewitness wasn't for her words' support... In such rape case the most important thing, that after incident going to hospital for medical report, then just police, because so it would be evidence... If only people don't blame victims.

Guest djchiriko

lemontehping said:

adikkeluangman

said:

I thought only me realized that how interesting picture that Choi Jae Hwan post on his IG that with UEE. He actually is nice looking man when not in Taehee mode. Well, what ever level relationship of him and UEE. I hope they're happy. It been quite sometime since I heard UEE in relationship.
EP15 During GD 100 days celebration. See DH-TH sit side by side. HG-HK are on other side. :D

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"‘Fool’s Love’ Is A Sweet Tale Of Tolerance And Compassion

BY Julie Jones | Apr 01, 2015 09:19 AM EDT

Fool's Love

"Fool's Love" was not a perfect drama. Some of the plots twists were hard to believe but all in all it was a perfectly heartwarming tale of tolerance and compassion.

Spoiler alert: read no further if you haven't seen this drama.

Some developments were difficult to believe even for a diehard drama fan. Did Im Seulong's character Byun Kang Chul really not know he had fallen for Kang Ho Kyung, played by Lee Soo Kyung, rather than Kang Ho Gu, played by Choi Woo Sik? And did anyone believe Do Do Hee, played by Uee, could continue her swimming career after having a baby?

But illogical plot twists aside this drama had some tear inducing lessons about walking a mile in another person's shoes.

Im Seulong's character thought he was gay because he thought he was in love with Kang Ho Gu. Although it turned out that the object of his affections was a girl, his mistaken impression meant he had a chance to understand how love is not logical and how wrong it is to judge someone for whom they love.

As Do Do Hee tells Byun Kang Chul in one of the final episode, you are much nicer "now that you're gay." Byun became more sympathetic, more tolerant and understanding.

Uee's character was a single mom. That's looked down upon in Korea, where only a small percentage of single women who become pregnant choose to have their child and that child may face discrimination. It's not until pretty late in the drama that viewers realize she became a single mom because she was raped. The drama portrayed her as a sympathetic character, even a brave and principled one for having her child and raising it, and for loving her child despite the fact that the child is a product of rape.

The laws against rape in Korea have changed over the last few years but the burden of proving rape can still be, as it is in many other countries, on the victim.

"Fool's Love" was a drama about revealing your true self, whether that is something as silly as showing your boyfriend your makeup-free face or something as life altering as revealing your sexual orientation or a traumatic incident in your past.

Ho Gu's name means fool but the character is hardly a fool where it matters. He's often surprised by what he learns about Do Do Hee but ultimately he's compassionate and understanding. He focuses on the person he loves rather than on a stereotype. And there's nothing foolish about that.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80136/20150401/fool-s-love-is-a-sweet-tale-of-tolerance-and-compassion.htm

Guest adikkeluangman

Good job everyone.
64011359.jpg
After School′s Uee marked the end of her drama, Hogu′s Love, writing, "I was so happy and so happy again. Thank you and thank you again. I love you Hogu′s Love!!! I′ll never forget you Do Do Hee!"
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/90507/twitter-roundup
The only dress that UEE wears in this drama is DH wedding dress and maybe school uniform. Other than that she in pants, swimming suit or jeans. Who is the lady between Daddy Kang and HG?
CWS is kinda reserved guy. Since he become an actor and working in Korea, he spent most of his time working. Most of his close friends in Korea either actors from his dramas (Park Seo Joon or same company with him (Yoon Bak). 
-----Rise of The Underdog: Choi Woo Shik, Actor
It’s hard to notice the underdog. He’s standing on the sidelines or warming up the bench, waiting for his time to shine – while we’re all preoccupied with the starting lineup.
choiwoosik-e1349368338254.jpg

And thus, I hadn’t realized that I’d already seen actor Choi Woo Shik more than a few times.
But then came this year’s “Hogu’s Love.”
hogus-love2-540x371.jpg

Choi Woo Shik is in the explosively fun, refreshing drama as the leading man. As Kang Ho Gu, he’s timorous, yet brazen; endearing and sometimes a busybody, yet completely genuine; and that’s when I first noticed the thesp. It’s amazing how beautifully the right casting, writing, and direction can come together. (The show is quite possibly the sweetest thing onscreen lately.)
Screen-shot-2015-02-17-at-12.21.20-AM-ep

But let’s back up…this isn’t our first date with Choi Woo Shik; we’ve met that youthful face before.
Full article:http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/01/rise-of-the-underdog-choi-woo-shik-actor/
-----Top Ten K-Drama Moments Of The Week – April Week 1

2. “Hogu’s Love“: Synchronized loveAfter the tears and sweet confession, both Do Hee and Ho Gu wake up in a great mood. Hogu dances his way into the kitchen, singing a children’s song and is busted by his mom. Meanwhile, Do Hee sings the same song, doing a wild dance and is caught by Kang Chul. Ahhh, the beginnings of love!
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/31/top-ten-k-drama-moments-of-the-week-april-week-1/3/

So...just watched both 15 and 16.  I think I have a whole list of things that seemed a little off in these episodes, but as always, there's good stuff too.

Funny parts:
- I thought for a second that KC was going to offer to take photos of them when he said that they wouldn't get a good angle the way they were doing it.  Haha.  Nope. Return of the selfie stick.
- Oh my god, the HOGU hat.  Ha.  (Is that real?  Can I buy one?  Haha)

Plot holes, things I disliked, and general weirdness:
- KC's heart finally beats for HK.  Hmm...what happened at the end of 14 that led to that again?  She is angry because he gave her number to someone else without thinking of her feelings.  I'm not sure I get when KC started liking her, or why.  I could understand it if he put the pieces together and started liking her if he saw he the way he saw her that day in high school.  But why suddenly like someone who has only shown you a facade?  Then when he does see her (no makeup, no public perky persona), he can only backhandedly compliment her?  (It was funny though.  Maybe that's all that matters.  It is kind of reassuring that he's still totally clueless, I guess.)
- Ugh.  Stop telling DH to be happy, everyone.  It's not an excuse that they don't know the full extent of what happened to her.  It's just not a constructive thing to say to anyone, ever.
- Geez, the whole fake marriage scheme...it's a damn good thing HK was right that DH was in a reasonably good state of mind, or that could have been really cruel of them.  Didn't really like that.
- When KC's mom showed HG's mom the lawsuit, why did no one freak out that nothing was what they thought it was?  I guess maybe they didn't actually figure it out until later?  KC's mom thought that HG's mom was DH's mom in that scene.  When HG's mom goes to talk to DH at swim practice, she still thinks that the woman she talked to was DH's mom (I think?).  So when does all that get resolved?  They all seem to know it was a misunderstanding by the night everyone shows up at HG's house.

Things I liked, or that made a positive impression:
- Candy girl is Ji Yoon aka dead friend.  "I hate everything that touches my body."  Ouch.  I wonder if she and DH even met again before she died, or if DH tried to find her, knowing she would have a sympathetic ear, only to find out that she was dead already?
- When did HG find out who the dead friend was?  That seemed oddly placed, that visit to the grave.
- Go DH, standing up to the CEO!  Glad the drama could at least clearly say that victim-blaming is wrong.  Thank goodness for that.  I wanted to punch both the CEO and that awful cop.  It's a good message to send that DH can get past that.  She didn't do anything to deserve that.

So, overall, I still feel like the show lost some momentum in the last 4 episodes or so.  I'm not entirely satisfied with how they tied up the HK-KC story.  I am pretty happy with how they ended things for DH.  She got her gold medal: HG, Geum Dong, and new baby.  And most importantly, she is happy where she is.  This drama was a lot of fun all the way through, even when things were dark.  It certainly isn't perfect, but it was good. :)

It's been fun, everyone.  Thanks for the discussions. :)

Archived