[Drama 2015] Ho Goo's Love 호구의 사랑

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOOOOO!Tell me it's Apirl Fool's daaay and that this show is prolonged.!(pun intended)  The show was sooo good! I don't want it to end already. Oh that cartoonish, slapstick humor! The surgery scene, the squid scene(poor guy lol), the art history parody and so much more. Going to miss writer-nim's creativity and the cast. Hope to see more dramas where Choi Woo Shik is the main lead. This was a fun ride. 
Would have been perfect if the finale episode landed on 1st of April hahaha.Have a nice day guys! 

For those who are curious about Noh Kyung Woo's prosecution, etc.:
Basically, it's the worst-case scenario. The policeman taking her statement was so horrible - rude, skeptical, just straight-up victim-blaming. And it looks like Rapist was found "not guilty" in court. But Do Hee keeps on appealing her case. The public are gossiping about her being a gold digger trying to get money. The whole thing is pretty awful.
Noh Kyung Woo's parents have even mobilized various organizations they are head of to protest and harass Do Hee at her wedding. I mean, OMG, they have to run to the wedding hall while the mob is chasing them. Crazy.
But they are together, smiling through everything and living their lives. Because they know she did nothing wrong, and she's refusing to be ashamed about it.
I loved it. It was really great. This could be one of my Top 5 K-dramas ever.
I think my favorite part might be KC's mom putting on her professor's glasses and saying, "Sexual assault is about violence, not sex. And why should you hide when you're the victim?" YESSS, sing it, sister!

Was it ever explained when Do Hee's friend died?  I haven't watched the last two episodes subbed yet and only saw the raw for both.  I, initially, thought her death occurred around the time of Do Hee's rape, but I now I'm under the impression that she died a while ago.  It didn't seem it was explained in either episode 15 or 16 unless I missed it.

Guest adikkeluangman

“Hogu’s Love” Choi Woo Sik Reflects on His First Leading Role
Actor Choi Wook Sik revealed his thoughts on his first leading role in his recent drama “Hogu’s Love.”
With only an episode left, “Hogu’s Love” showed the actor in his first leading role in a drama. With the role, he received much praise from viewers for his fantastic depiction of the main character, Hogu.
wkksohee20150331110601_P_03_C_1.jpg

“I’m so happy that I was able to complete my first leading role without any problems and with a light heart. I think I will associate this drama with happy memories, but I will also have some regrets.” He further continued, “I want to thank all the actors, staff members, and viewers for helping me focus on Hogu. I also want to thank director Pyo Min Soo who guided me throughout the journey, whenever I was struggling.”
The last episode of the tvN drama will air at 11pm KST on March 31.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/30/hogus-love-choi-woo-sik-reflects-on-his-first-leading-role/

Guest kid1421

one of best drama that i watch this year....
i'm laugh hard and crying hard with Ho Goo Love...
one of rare experience...

this has been one of the best dramas in a while. i wish it was an episode longer so we get to know the outcome of the lawsuit, kang chul + ho kyung's relationship and whatever happened to the ceo. i wish there was a spinoff of kangchul and hokyung. their story was more exciting than the leads and had more chemistry imo. however the chemistry between dohee and hogu was in full force in the finale!  i wish it would've been more elaborated :(

the ending was great! one of the better ones in recent time!

I admit that they could have made more episodes showing Dohee/hogu & hokyung/kangchul chemistry at full force.. I personally thought the last two ep was a bit of a rush but overall I really enjoyed the drama.. one of the best I've watched this year.Yes definitely. So the CEO is a Richard Simmons after all! And regarding the law suit, I'm glad they left it as an still ongoing process, because this shows how united the Kang & Byun & extended(Hogu's friends) family are. And yes it also reflects to reality. We know people with big names get away with alot of crimes. :-w But one of my favourite part was when Dohee and Hogu was eating and those people were talking bad about Dohee being a gold digger..owhhh how they shut them off was priceless.. that teamwork!:) and yes also the runaway family wedding scene, that was definitely one of the most memorable to me.Besides that HK & KC passionate kiss scene..woahhh. that was. Lol :x and I likeep how badass HG and KC have become.. ahhh :))

Why are so many people saying  "it should have been longer so we can find out happened to the lawsuit"? We already know - he was found not guilty. At least, the subs I saw very explicitly said that. It was one of the things I like about the final episode. The last 10 minutes were actually quite good for me, with the right mix of realism and optimisim. Realism in the way DH was treated by the cop, in the outcome of the case (losing) and in the hostile reaction from society in general. All of that exactly its what actually happens, so after a disappointing collapse in quality for 2/3 of the Drama, it was a pleasant surprise to see a reminder of what could have been. What should have been. 
DH's retort to the cop when describing the rape was a stand out for me: "How is a victim supposed to respond?" That line, and KC's very clear-headed advice to HG showed what the Drama was capable of being. Sadly, for the bulk of the run, the writer lacked the courage  to  deliver on that potential. For example, while making KC in the end a surprisingly insightful and clearheaded character, he was still saddled with the inane "first love" fixation that says "once kissed, taken for life" Instead of a groundbreaking look at sexual identity, we got a full-scale retreat into "safe" territory, wherein he was "relieved" to know who had kissed him. No ground broken, just tired old clichés trotted out again.
I actually liked how the Director turned out though. They got her right by showing her as solely focused on the bottom line. Her gender was irrelevant, and her actions and decisions were entirely consistent with what would be expected from such a person. 
Overall, this Drama did just enoguh to scrape a 6/10 from me, for at least having the courage to show a young man fall head over heels in love with another man's child. The optimist in me will call that an (appropriate) "baby step" forward, and I liked both leads well enough to look out for their next work, and wish them better luck with the writing next time

pandalover1 said: I admit that they could have made more episodes showing Dohee/hogu & hokyung/kangchul chemistry at full force.. I personally thought the last two ep was a bit of a rush but overall I really enjoyed the drama.. one of the best I've watched this year.Yes definitely. So the CEO is a Richard Simmons after all! And regarding the law suit, I'm glad they left it as an still ongoing process, because this shows how united the Kang & Byun & extended(Hogu's friends) family are. And yes it also reflects to reality. We know people with big names get away with alot of crimes. :-w But one of my favourite part was when Dohee and Hogu was eating and those people were talking bad about Dohee being a gold digger..owhhh how they shut them off was priceless.. that teamwork!:) and yes also the runaway family wedding scene, that was definitely one of the most memorable to me.Besides that HK & KC passionate kiss scene..woahhh. that was. Lol :x and I likeep how badass HG and KC have become.. ahhh :))

Archived