[Drama 2015] Perseverance, Goo Hae Ra 칠전팔기, 구해라 (Min Hyo Rin, B1A4 Jin Young, Kwak Si Yang)

ainissky

I think a love triangle is forming between Henry, Woori and Jang Goon and I'm lovin' it!

Henry seems to be really concerned about Woori, although that concern is annoyance to her. I didn't watch ep 8 yet, but I think it's quite obvious that Jang Goon idolizes Tae Poong. But if it turns out to be love, that Jang Goon has for Tae Poong, then I know where it's going. Tae Poong is quite the heart of the show, and the tether that keeps all kids bound together, and I love his role in it all. He's ridiculously adorable with the noonims and the responsible father-figure with the kids. I hope Woori will get caught between the two men, and have to battle in between to find Mr. Right. I'm not sure who I want Woori to be with, coz both are adorable. Jang Goon with that cute smile and swoony actions to Woori (he's really hot without that parting and glasses- and the germaphobia) and Henry, with his accent and bickering and adorable smile- plus the mannerless-ness, who can forget that!

Gosh. A dilemma.

Between the main love triangle, I'm a shameless Se-jong lover. Those expressive eyes and that laugh does it in to me! I'm a goner the moment he stares at Haera. I just hope he will come out of his solitude and embrace the world (and Haera, and Ray) with open arms. I'm also looking forward to the bromance between Ray and Se-jong.

Gahhhhh.. I miss Se-chan! Se-channie.... Wae....

Btw, Se-jong had a job, right? Engineering thingy? What happened to that?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Team Never Stop releases “Uphill” MV for “Perseverance, Goo Hae Ra” OST
Team Never Stop (B1A4‘s Jinyoung, Super Junior-M‘s Henry, Yoo Sung Eun, Min Hyo Rin, Kwak Si Yang and Ulala Session‘s Park Kwang Sung) released the music video for the OST track “Uphill.”
B-3VZTyUYAElco9.jpg

Mnet Perseverance Goo Hae Ra‘s onscreen band, Team Never Stop, beautifully sings the remake of the 2012 track “Uphill,” originally sung by Yoo Jong Shin and Jung In. Team Never Stop captured their audience’s attention as they performed their set under what looks to be a bridge.
“Uphill” tells the story of people who are taking the same path together with the lyrics “I love you, who is going on this path with me” and “Our path is as beautiful as much as we climbed up.”
Perseverance Goo Hae Rae aired its first episode on January 9th and is schedule to release 12 additional episodes.

http://www.koreaboo.com/video/team-never-stop-releases-uphill-mv-perseverance-goo-hae-ra-ost/

I finally watched the "unfully" subbed episode and I think this was the best episode aside from the first two. This might be SPOILERY so don't read any further if you do not want to be spoiled or if you have not seen the episode but, Se Jong quickly learns from Scarlet that she met with Hae Ra and had a talk with her - no wonder she picked Ray as her partner. So he tries to talk to her many times but Se Chan's equally stalking doppelganger keeps interfering and cockblocking. Dude needs to stop being insecure and let the two people who needs to talk talk. Geez... But I understand, he's just looking out for Hae Ra..

Ray successfully gets Hae Ra to agree to try dating or liking (?) him and now he thinks he owns her... because when he catches Se Jong stealing a secret kiss from Hae Ra, he gets all psycho and punches Se Jong - who fights back but Ray's like, a ninja so he got in more punches -- and everyone blames Se Jong for starting a fight. The twins' mother tells Se Jong to follow her and then lectures him about being the better person... Se Jong can't do it anymore because he's been the better person for too long - can't mommy just understand that? She just apologizes.. but I'm extremely bitter about the fact that she picked a stranger look-alike-of-her-dead-fake-son over her own flesh and blood...

Se Jong tells a dead Se Chan that he needs Hae Ra and hopes his brother understands. He's going to bring up the courage to be more honest with his feelings... But love is all about timing and his was always bad...

Because Ray already marked his territory... with a kiss. Is Se Jong too late?

Man, I loved Se Jong - Se Chan way too much... that I can't stand Ray. It's not his fault that he grew up in the states and didn't know he had a twin brother so he missed out on all the good memories but he's so inconsiderate. You're already living in your dead twin brother's home, sleeping on his bed, have your dead twin's mother's full support, as well as the Perseverance Team and Hae Ra - can't you just back off a little bit if older hyung Se Jong says to back off? No respect whatsoever. I really appreciated the little banter they had during the "TRUTH" game though... about how Ray should consider other people's feelings and then Ray countering back about how Se Jong keeps all his feelings bottled up - Se Chan just needs to be resurrected and correct this mess! Just kidding...

I think a love triangle is forming between Henry, Woori and Jang Goon and I'm lovin' it!

Between the main love triangle, I'm a shameless Se-jong lover. Those expressive eyes and that laugh does it in to me! I'm a goner the moment he stares at Haera. I just hope he will come out of his solitude and embrace the world (and Haera, and Ray) with open arms. I'm also looking forward to the bromance between Ray and Se-jong.

Gahhhhh.. I miss Se-chan! Se-channie.... Wae....

Btw, Se-jong had a job, right? Engineering thingy? What happened to that?

Se Jong gave up that job because of his slave contract with Emperor Entertainment. He's a genius and was an intern at KAIST (is that a top Medical School in S. Korea?)

I knew from the characters chart that Henry had a one-sided love for Woori and she had a one-sided love for Jang Goon but who is she going to end up with????? ;)

Se Jong gave up that job because of his slave contract with Emperor Entertainment. He's a genius and was an intern at KAIST (is that a top Medical School in S. Korea?)

I knew from the characters chart that Henry had a one-sided love for Woori and she had a one-sided love for Jang Goon but who is she going to end up with????? ;)

I want Woori to end up with Henry and for Haera to end up with Se-jong. Is that too much to ask for? :D

I'm totally totally sold on Se-jong... Those eyes... And how hot was he in gangster clothes in the start of ep 2? ;) Se-jong is <3

Copy-pasting my comment from youtube:
Honestly I'm rooting for Sejong to end up with Haera but recently he kinda annoys me with his lack of communication with the people around. I pity him but at the same time its getting annoying. lol. 

If you like Haera, just say it! If you're not in the wrong, then say it! Why is he keeping everything to himself...
I can't really dislike Ray for wanting Haera because atleast he's being honest to himself and actually acts on it. 
Sejong's rival isn't Ray, it's himself. He is his own obstacle. Hopefully he'll learn to express himself more and be more proactive about it (I mean come on..why are you always trying to kiss her when she's asleep and completely unaware. how do you expect her to know what your true feelings are). It could be too late for him since love is really all about timing. He missed his chances plenty of times. but I can't be entirely sure. I think Haera will always have a spot for Sejong in her heart. So maybe she'll go to him in the end?  This show is unpredictable. But I've always got this gut feeling that Haera-Sejong are completely endgame. lol. 
Poor Ray...But I wish for him to actually become an accomplished singer-songwriter like how Sechan wanted to be. So he will be fulfilling his brother's wish and become a superstar in his place but ofcourse with his own efforts. That would be a great ending for him.

I already watched the 8th episode and it melt me in someway... the two main actor so lovely in their own way. how they show their love in this episode got me trouble to decide who will end with Haera. Still this episode give me 'hurt' feeling too, especially when Haera cried after Sejong left with Scarlet, and when Sejong saw Haera and Ray kiss...

is it mean I root for Haera and Sejong as couple?

I don't know... I just want to happy and sweet ending...

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Sung Eun and Kwak Si Yang releases MV for OST track “Do You Know”
On February 28th, Yoo Sung Eun and Kwak Si Yang from Mnet‘s Perseverance Goo Hae Ra released the music video for the OST track “Do You Know.”
As Yoo Sung Eun and Kwak Si Yang emotionally sang, “Do you know…how much I loved you, because tears came out again when I saw you,” the music video showcased Lee Woo Ri’s love interest Jang Goon as well as the love triangle between characters Kang Se Jong, Goo Hae Ra and Kang Se Chan.

“Do You Know” was originally released in 2011 by Jo Sung Mo. Since then artists such as Red Velvet‘s Wendy, INFINITE‘s Sunggyu and Woohyun have performed their own rendition of the ballad track.
Perseverance Goo Hae Ra tells the story of aspiring musicians who audition for Super Star K2, hoping to achieve their dreams. The drama stars Min Hyo Rin, Kwak Si Yang, B1A4‘s Jin Young, Super Junior-M‘s Henry, Park Kwang Sun and Yoo Sung Eun.
http://www.koreaboo.com/video/yoo-sung-eun-kwak-si-yang-releases-mv-ost-track-know/

DRAMA RECAPSPersevere, Gu Hae-ra: Episode 1by dramallama | February 5, 2015 | 55 Comments

guhaera1-00077a.jpg

Here we have Persevere, Gu Hae-ra, a delightful musical drama on cable channel Mnet that manages to mix in the perfect balance of music, drama, heart, cuteness, and meta. The title is a term that literally means you fall seven times but come back for an eighth (hence, persevere), and the show is heavy on musical performances and interludes, similar to Mnet’s Monstar. Every episode also takes a famous song as its title.

Read more at http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/persevere-gu-hae-ra-episode-1/

DRAMA RECAPSPersevere, Gu Hae-ra: Episode 2by dramallama | February 7, 2015 | 39 Comments

GHR02-00164a.jpg

For a show about an adorable trio of friends pursuing their dreams through music, it’s got a whole lot of twists. You may start this episode thinking you found the wrong episode because you can’t possibly imagine our characters like this, but do not be thrown off by the confusion. It’s a character- and narrative-heavy episode with a lot of deconstructing to do. Much of it has to do with the completion of our setup, which was not finished until this episode, and we see the full build-up of conflict reach its peak. It’s a rich and complex conflict that will surely take time, but this episode definitely has me invested.

Read more at http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/persevere-gu-hae-ra-episode-2/

DRAMA RECAPSPersevere, Gu Hae-ra: Episode 3by javabeans | February 8, 2015 | 42 Comments

guhaera3-00476a.jpg

I’m helping to play catch-up on this show, which I was happy to do because Persevere, Gu Hae-ra has totally won me over. It’s interesting how this show has some very emotionally heavy moments, then turns around and makes me bust a gut laughing with its comedy. I appreciate the interplay, because a full-on melo isn’t quite what I want, but when it’s undercut with parody and a healthy sense of humor, the angst has the effect of enhancing the emotion, rather than making me feel bombarded with it.

Read more at http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/persevere-gu-hae-ra-episode-3/

DRAMA RECAPSPersevere, Gu Hae-ra: Episode 4by javabeans | February 9, 2015 | 49 Comments

guhaera4-00287c.jpg

This show makes me feel so many emoooootions, it’s great. It’s settled into its rhythm now—feel-good with a touch of melancholy—as the camaraderie really starts to come together, and it’s such fun to watch this diverse mix of personalities gel into a team, one where every character feels real and heartfelt. The drama isn’t quite as bubbly as it was at the outset, but it’s thankfully also not completely moody either (and in fact has a lot of laugh-out-loud, good-natured comedy). The show feels like Monstar but with more purpose and focus, which is wonderful because I loved Monstar until it lost its way and kind of meandered to a weak finish. Gu Hae-ra has what I loved about that show, minus what I didn’t. Win-win?

Read more at http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/persevere-gu-hae-ra-episode-4/

i think Se-Jong is like that because of the last words of his brother Se-Chan to him before Se-chan dies, to have Hae-Ra. I think its still bothers him but c'mon man if you really like her tell her, Se-Chan will understand you, you are his brother.

How long will you live in stalker-like life of yours, how long would you hide that feelings, you already know that Hae-Ra also have feelings for you why you can't say your feelings for her. If you continue to be like that you might regret it at the end because as what I notice in EP 8 Hae-Ra starting to fall for Ray, he even give him a chance when Ray confess to her.

If you don't want to regret it at the end BE A MAN and confess to HAE-RA.  

Just finished watching episode 8.

Darn that epilogue made me cry. It was cute but heartbreaking. I didn't cry at all the whole episode but when they showed the epilogue it made me tear up and end up crying.

Anyways, I like this episode. This marks as Se Jong's start to fight for Hae Ra. I mean he keeps on being selfless and let other people step on him and do whatever they want to his. It's about time he steps up his game.

Ray at some parts makes me annoyed. I mean I ship him with Hae Ra but come on! Give Se Jong a chance to explain his side of the story. He was sweet yes but at the same time selfish.

That drinking scene made me ship Se Jong and Ray. They were so cute that time. Now I miss Se Chan.

I'm curious as to what will happen next.

I agree with you all friends... miss Se Chan a lot. I love Ray in episode 8, he show his true self. But my heart ache for Se Jong. When he talk with his mom about the first time he want to be greedy, and when he came to Se Chan and said that he need Hae Ra, I can't help my heart to fall for his sad love.

Like I said before the part Se Jong saw Ray and Hae Ra kissing, I know this drama reach top turmoil conflict. And next episode it will be bigger.

I can't wait for next episode...

Guest adikkeluangman

Top 6 Moments of Sing Again, Hera Gu: Episode 8: Confession
If episode 7 was all about confessions, episode 8 was more about the confessions that couldn′t be said out loud. 
78281407.jpg

There were plenty of moments that had us laughing, our hearts fluttering and our eyes welling up with tears, so check out what happened in episode 8!
Music Covered in Episode 8
2AM - What Should I Do (Ray and Hera′s audition song for Jo Sung Mo concert)Yoo Hee Yeol - Good Person (Se Chan and Woori′s audition song for Jo Sung Mo concert)Jo Sung Mo - Do You Know (Se Chan and Woori′s duet)Jo Sung Mo - Pledge (789 concert performance)Yoon Jong Shin & Jung In - Uphill (789 busking performance)
49350831.jpg
Yes, we′re definitely on this new ship. Fosho.

46861904.jpg
Ray being real smooth with Hera at the aquarium. Who wants to be Hera right now?*slowly raises hand
37061954.jpg
Jang Goon: The way I like you isn′t like that. It′s different from you. When I see you, right here, it hurts.
An honest confession from Jang Goon. And Woori now knows why she got rejected.
38532662.jpg
We.... like it when they′re drunk. They should drink more often.
37656857.jpg
Se Jong: The problem all the time is timing. And the problem becomes bigger if something doesn′t get solved at that timing. I′ve always believed that the moment of a dramatic confession should be held onto for that person you love.But in the end, love is also about timing. After losing the right timing, we wait for new opportunitiesRegret our hearts that didn′t cross pathsAnd hurt unable to say anythingSo we miss out on connections. The best timing for the person you love is to not be late any longer. As it always has been, confession is based on timing.
If only Se Jong knew about this way before.
61677521.jpg
Se Jong:It′s really fun to sing together after a really long timeRight?I just wish you were here right next to me. I wish that could happen, Se Chan. 
OMG. *CRYING

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/88347/singagainheragu

Guest adikkeluangman

Baro to Cameo in “Perseverance Goo Hae Ra” to Support Jinyoung
B1A4’s Baro will be making a cameo appearance in the ninth episode of Mnet drama “Perseverance Goo Hae Ra.”
A source from Mnet revealed on March 4, “In the story, Baro will play a top star who is both a singer and an actor. [baro] decided to come on the show to support fellow group member Jinyoung who depicts Ray Kim in the drama. They will have a surprise meeting as a rookie and a star.”
baro-reply-1994-1121-800x450.jpg

The source continued, “Aside from Baro, actress Hwang Suk Jung will also be making a cameo in the ninth episode.”
Meanwhile, “Perseverance Goo Hae Ra” airs every Friday at 11:20 p.m., KST. The episode featuring Baro will air on March 6. Will you be tuning in?
Check out the teaser for the upcoming episode!

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/03/baro-to-cameo-in-perseverance-goo-hae-ra-to-support-jinyoung/

I saw the teaser... and it's hurt to see how the story develop. I wanna see happy moment between Haera and Sejong... even short moment. their scene always sad and heartbreaking....

Please... this drama just come to the end, yet I don't see any bright future for them...

Guest adikkeluangman

B1A4’s Baro to Compete Against Jin Young on ‘Sing Again, Hera Gu’
B1A4’s Baro will be making a cameo appearance on Sing Again, Hera Gu.
Baro will be appearing on the ninth episode of Mnet’s Sing Again, Hera Gu airing on March 6, showing his support for B1A4’s leader Jin Young.
88558002.jpg

Baro will be acting as a top star in Sing Again, Hera Gu, competing against the rookie artist Ray, played by Jin Young.
An affiliate of B1A4’s agency stated, “Despite his busy schedule, Baro specially took time out, proving their friendship. The B1A4 members all had a laugh about Baro and Jin Young facing each other as the top star and rookie singer in the drama.”
Baro recently enjoyed his time taking pictures with the cast of Sing Again, Hera Gu, which reportedly made the others think that he is one of the original cast members for blending in so well with them.
Meanwhile, B1A4 will be launching BANA 2nd Unit Fan Meeting on March 14 at Kyung Hee University’s Grand Peace Palace.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/88558/b1a4s-baro-to-compete-against-jin-young-on-sing-again-hera-gu

Archived