Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Will There Be Chance For Park Bo Gum, Irene To Become Real-Life Sweethearts?

Feb 07, 2019 05:21 PM
A lot of fans have been shipping for Park Bo Gum and Red Velvet's Irene since they hosted 'Music Bank together from 2015 to 2016.A lot of fans have been shipping for Park Bo Gum and Red Velvet's Irene since they hosted 'Music Bank together from 2015 to 2016.(Photo: thebogummybears/Facebook)

A lot of fans have been shipping for Park Bo Gum and Red Velvet's Irene since they hosted "Music Bank" together. They became the favorite "visual couple" because of their great chemistry. As years have passed, is there still a chance that these two would be real-life sweethearts?

Fans believe Park Bo Gum and Irene's sweetness goes behind the scenes. So, they gathered their sweet moments together as a proof of their alleged romance.

Their shippers loved how Irene reacted to Park Bo Gum's VCR at 2015 "MAMA," per Kpopmap. She was also flustered when the 25-year-old actor called her by her real name.

In an interview with KBS's "Entertainment Weekly," Irene admitted her heart started to race when Park Bo Gum called her by her real name on a live broadcast. She went on to say that they usually followed the script, but she was surprised when he impromptu called her given name.

At the time when they were no longer "Music Bank" MCs, fans were left heartbroken. Compared to other hosts, they seemed very comfortable with each other. Fans noticed how Irene and Park Bo Gum stared at each other's eyes and seemed they were in a secret relationship.

Aside from their interaction as the show's host, they were touched how Park Bo Gum held Irene's arms to protect her from other people at the end of "Music Bank." They also graced a dinner together to celebrate their hard work after a year of working as the variety program's MCs.

According to Koreaboo, when "Music Bank" ended, fans still believed Park Bo Gum and Irene were secretly dating because of the "evidence of their sweet chemistry." In an interview with "Radio Star," the Red Velvet member revealed she had no idea they were rumored to be dating after the hosts asked her about their alleged romance. She seemed to be very surprised by the question.

However, talking about Park Bo Gum, Irene revealed his manners made her "pulse race." "He is very well-mannered," she said. "When there were stairs, he would take my hand and help me down."

The "Radio Star" hosts then asked Irene about her ideal guy. She revealed she likes a kind guy who is also "warm-hearted." From the eyes of their fans and shippers, she was describing someone like Park Bo Gum.

Unfortunately, Irene revealed she didn't have Park Bo Gum's contact number. Although her revelation made fans lose hope of their possible relationship, they are still dreaming that they would be reunited once again someday.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, rahma92 said:

A lot of fans have been shipping for Park Bo Gum and Red Velvet's Irene since they hosted "Music

The "Radio Star" hosts then asked Irene about her ideal guy. She revealed she likes a kind guy who is also "warm-hearted." From the eyes of their fans and shippers, she was describing someone like Park Bo Gum.

Unfortunately, Irene revealed she didn't have Park Bo Gum's contact number. 

@rahma92

Irene might be very strict on idol’s rule to avoid having a contact with a male celebrity even Irene and Park Bo Gum had worked for over 1.5 years with meeting every week and after Music Bank, Park Bo Gum has been invited to join Music Bank as a guest MC in several countries and with other music shows as MAMA in several countries to meet Irene and her girlgroup. 

With other co-workers, Park Bo Gum has contacted from time to time. 

From your post

@NongpeeP some people saying that PBG just a lucky one. He got a role as choi taek, and then become MC in Music bank. But for me, its more because PBG is working hard. He was able to grab many attention as MC in Music bank, and he did a good job as choi taek and become so popular because of Moonlight. I even not sure if PBG did audition to get the role as choi taek. the director just called him and asked him to read reply 1994's script. his interview was different with his co-star. I'm sure they saw him in his prev drama, and impressed with his acting in there.

In my opinion after I explored about Park Bo Gum, his working life has been done with determination beyond the director, scriptwriter, co-workers expected to see from him. 

As we have seen Park Bo Gum's character in real life totally different from what he created each character. 

I think Park Bo Gum's preparation to work in the showbiz make him be ready with any opportunities including Choi Taek from Reply1988 when the director strongly intended to audition an actor who was not good-looking in order to look realistic to the Go Player who looked nerd. However, Park Bo Gum's inner acting to reflect Choi Taek convinced the director to choose from inner, rather than external appearance. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/813777wpp/ryu-jun-yeol-reveals-which-reply-1988-characters-he-auditioned-for-before-being-cast-as-jung-hwan

Spoiler

Baduk is course the game that Park Bo Gum’s character Taek excels at. Ryu Jun Yeol says that he then shyly asked the director, “Should I try for Taek then?” and tried reading for the role, but later was cast as Jung Hwan.

From Year 2011 to 2019 for 9 years in showbiz from nobody to somebody and to Hallyu stars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Bo-gum_filmography

When I watched Park Bo Gum work as MC in Korea or in other countries with fluent performance no matter how busy he is during each Music Shows, this is not luck but the preparation for years to practice acting, singing, dancing, MCing, languages, speaking, proper body movement&gesture, and attitude to work with others as an actor or a MC or a guest variety show, routine fitness to let his muscled body and manly slim face be ready for endorsement, modelling with acts to fit the picture or clip works. 

I have also seen many celebrities who do not prepare overall well, some of them can not act, bend their head to read scripts too much without sufficient preparation in MCing, not exercise with discipline to look too fat or too thin, not good enough attitude to work with determination or without manners, etc. which make several celebrities can not stay in the showbiz with good response.

Therefore, the readiness for opportunity and doing the best with all prepared features  are the key success factor in addition to luck and moments.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

@rahma92

Irene might be very strict on idol’s rule to avoid having a contact with a male celebrity even Irene and Park Bo Gum had worked for over 1.5 years with meeting every week and after Music Bank, Park Bo Gum has been invited to join Music Bank as a guest MC in several countries and with other music shows as MAMA in several countries to meet Irene and her girlgroup. 

With other co-workers, Park Bo Gum has contacted from time to time. 

From your post

@NongpeeP some people saying that PBG just a lucky one. He got a role as choi taek, and then become MC in Music bank. But for me, its more because PBG is working hard. He was able to grab many attention as MC in Music bank, and he did a good job as choi taek and become so popular because of Moonlight. I even not sure if PBG did audition to get the role as choi taek. the director just called him and asked him to read reply 1994's script. his interview was different with his co-star. I'm sure they saw him in his prev drama, and impressed with his acting in there.

In my opinion after I explored about Park Bo Gum, his working life has been done with determination beyond the director, scriptwriter, co-workers expected to see from him. 

As we have seen Park Bo Gum's character in real life totally different from what he created each character. 

I think Park Bo Gum's preparation to work in the showbiz make him be ready with any opportunities including Choi Taek from Reply1988 when the director strongly intended to audition an actor who was not good-looking in order to look realistic to the Go Player who looked nerd. However, Park Bo Gum's inner acting to reflect Choi Taek convinced the director to choose from inner, rather than external appearance. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/813777wpp/ryu-jun-yeol-reveals-which-reply-1988-characters-he-auditioned-for-before-being-cast-as-jung-hwan

Reveal hidden contents

Baduk is course the game that Park Bo Gum’s character Taek excels at. Ryu Jun Yeol says that he then shyly asked the director, “Should I try for Taek then?” and tried reading for the role, but later was cast as Jung Hwan.

From Year 2011 to 2019 for 9 years in showbiz from nobody to somebody and to Hallyu stars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Bo-gum_filmography

When I watched Park Bo Gum work as MC in Korea or in other countries with fluent performance no matter how busy he is during each Music Shows, this is not luck but the preparation for years to practice acting, singing, dancing, MCing, languages, speaking, proper body movement&gesture, and attitude to work with others as an actor or a MC or a guest variety show, routine fitness to let his muscled body and manly slim face be ready for endorsement, modelling with acts to fit the picture or clip works. 

I have also seen many celebrities who do not prepare overall well, some of them can not act, bend their head to read scripts too much without sufficient preparation in MCing, not exercise with discipline to look too fat or too thin, not good enough attitude to work with determination or without manners, etc. which make several celebrities can not stay in the showbiz with good response.

Therefore, the readiness for opportunity and doing the best with all prepared features  are the key success factor in addition to luck and moments.

Red velvet still a rookie that time, their agency must be very strict with them. And PBG was raising star and trending actor, his fanbase still not stable. Eventho there's many people who ship them, its better to stay away from any rumors. Both is pro and they just working together. 

Yess PBG can reached his popularity now because he did his best for every chance people give him. Honestly for me (if we put PBG out) choi taek naturally is boring character, he dont have many dialog, he's hopeless, play baduk everyday, and king of idiot :sweatingbullets: but PBG succesfully nailed it, he was not just potraying his character, he add charm in it (who made choi taek so adorable). Thats why choi taek become memorable character, and grab many attention from viewer. I'm not sure it will end up the same way if other actor take it. And thats amaze me. Its the same like MDBC, there's many drama who reached 20% in rating, but not many who can bring syndrom. And the reason why he still maintain his popularity is because his great attitude, his real self. People watched him in reality show, and again they fall in love with him. Thats why he got stable fanbase right now. :wub:

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@rahma92 I totally relate to mel post ( the post that you brought up).  Reply 88, choi taek fan never disrepect JH ( and not RJY too, only defend for taeki when JH's fan too much keep bullying / loud to him).  Bogum's fan are usually ignore the haters. we know he got talent/  good looking/ well manner/ more popular compare to other actors in his age. media do not write about their bias but they write many article about bogum, media knows people will read it. so not surprise that people wants to bring him down and make their bias look better or take this chance to promote their bias in some article about bogum.  they should not denied  Reply 1988 is more popular because of bogum.  drama popularity could reach to all household and all age groups compare to movie popularity as u know. 

Spoiler

RJY more appears & popular in in movie as he took part in all projects offer to him. his acting is good too.

When MDBC, airing, bogum was loved by many fans . then they started looking for  bogum's earlier drama and lots of people watch reply88. even bogum was promoting both dramas in his fan meeting after MDBC. so some countries bought it due to bogum's popularity in 2016.  So reply fan who donot like bogum should have thankful heart that drama became well-known due to bogum ( Many international fan because of MC in oversea, MDBC popularity).  some countries even bought his youth over flowers and i remember you too recently.

Do u know that even----'s drama has not sold to 100 countries after --------- completed airing in korea about 3 mths or so( got very good results -15%?).  Encounter was sold to 100 countries before completing and followed by encounter,  TVN sold ----drama's to the countries that sold to encounter. one of the actor's fan tweeted it. sames goes to some tvn drama. No need to surprise that bogum got lots of scripts. ( i delete the name of the actor )

Sometimes, i feel so bad for bogum that getting jealously after all drama ( one way or the other).  He don't deserve to gets it.  But most of us bogum fan lay low, humble, do not wish to argue with anyone.  my post so long. I usually donot write unless someone brought up

or i felt upset. LOL

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Yess PBG can reached his popularity now because he did his best for every chance people give him. Honestly for me (if we put PBG out) choi taek naturally is boring character, he dont have many dialog, he's hopeless, play baduk everyday, and king of idiot :sweatingbullets: but PBG succesfully nailed it, he was not just potraying his character, he add charm in it (who made choi taek so adorable). Thats why choi taek become memorable character, and grab many attention from viewer. I'm not sure it will end up the same way if other actor take it. And thats amaze me. Its the same like MDBC, there's many drama who reached 20% in rating, but not many who can bring syndrom. And the reason why he still maintain his popularity is because his great attitude, his real self. People watched him in reality show, and again they fall in love with him. Thats why he got stable fanbase right now. :wub:

@rahma92 

I agreed with you that Choi Taek's character might have quite less on screen to show who he is, Choi Taek is not hero type but he requested his female lead to help routine life from time to time no matter Taek really needs this help or it is his style to chase a girl.

Because Park Bo Gum can show Taek's Charm in the way that it is still in the character, Taek is in many audiences's heart. 

However, in my opinion, as time passes, people remember Park Bo Gum, rather than remember his characters because Park Bo Gum's image with multi-talent, polite manner, good heart, proper behavior are much more shining. 

The most important feature in addition to such image is Park Bo Gum's amazing preparation from his face, body, acting, Mcing, singing, dancing, outgoing confidence, witty speaking/interview, this is the reason why Park Bo Gum at 25 years old can be the hallyu star beyond many ones in the similar or senior age. 

5 hours ago, dahae2006 said:

@rahma92 I totally relate to mel post ( the post that you brought up).  Reply 88, choi taek fan never disrepect JH ( and not RJY too, only defend for taeki when JH's fan too much keep bullying / loud to him).  Bogum's fan are usually ignore the haters. we know he got talent/  good looking/ well manner/ more popular compare to other actors in his age. media do not write about their bias but they write many article about bogum, media knows people will read it. so not surprise that people wants to bring him down and make their bias look better or take this chance to promote their bias in some article about bogum.  they should not denied  Reply 1988 is more popular because of bogum.  drama popularity could reach to all household and all age groups compare to movie popularity as u know. 

When MDBC, airing, bogum was loved by many fans . then they started looking for  bogum's earlier drama and lots of people watch reply88. even bogum was promoting both dramas in his fan meeting after MDBC. so some countries bought it due to bogum's popularity in 2016.  So reply fan who donot like bogum should have thankful heart that drama became well-known due to bogum ( Many international fan because of MC in oversea, MDBC popularity).  some countries even bought his youth over flowers and i remember you too recently.

Do u know that even----'s drama has not sold to 100 countries after --------- completed airing in korea about 3 mths or so( got very good results -15%?).  Encounter was sold to 100 countries before completing and followed by encounter,  TVN sold ----drama's to the countries that sold to encounter. one of the actor's fan tweeted it. sames goes to some tvn drama. No need to surprise that bogum got lots of scripts. ( i delete the name of the actor )

Sometimes, i feel so bad for bogum that getting jealously after all drama ( one way or the other).  He don't deserve to gets it.  But most of us bogum fan lay low, humble, do not wish to argue with anyone.  my post so long. I usually donot write unless someone brought up

or i felt upset. LOL

@dahae2006

Other celebrities' fans might wonder why Park Bo Gum can go beyond their favorite ones, it is very likely to be challenged by them.

It is really okay to be too high position in the competitive showbiz in Korea, others might feel envy. 

Anyway, Park Bo Gum mentioned quite often that he understands the nature of being in the showbiz, nobody can be in the high position forever, nobody can be loved for the whole life.

Life is not eternal, reputation is not either. 

"It's no fun to feel envy or jealousy because both make you feel inadequate. Envy is when you want what someone else has, but jealousy is when you're worried someone's trying to take what you have." 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, dahae2006 said:

Hide contents

RJY more appears & popular in in movie as he took part in all projects offer to him. his acting is good too.

or i felt upset. LOL

Hope you dont upset becauss of me. I found PBG hater is hillarious because they really trying so hard to found his flaw. Sometimes I felt pity of them.

I'm not his fans when reply 1988 aired, so I dont really know how bad RJY's fan bullied him. And still not his fan when MDBC aired too. I just following him when Encounter aired, and still suprisingly he still getting so much hate. I trying so hard to ignored all the hate. 

Spoiler

Not just from SSC die hard fans but from Hyunbin Fans too. Its because PBG become the most buzzworthy actor. And he get another hate because of this new project with gongyoo. 

I just know that some countries bought reply 1988 and youth over flower because of PBG. Wow. I actually wondering why PBG is the one who end up promoted Reply 1988 in other country, when they still have hyeri and RJY.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@mellinadear

Spoiler

That blog site has resident haters for all the blog articles Koala churns out. I just had to post there that I find it amazing that there are people who cannot seem to live nor breathe without hating or spreading negativity so I get it that they will not like Bogummy who is the exact opposite. 

@rahma92

Spoiler

Reply 1994 and 1998 ignited a shipping war not with the actors per se but with the characters they portrayed. It was Team Jung Hwan versus Team Choi Taek, not so much the actors. The Reply 1998 drama thread became a battleground and this is I think the reason why the Sun Taek shipping thread thrived as a drama discussion thread aside from discussing about the love story of Choi Taek and Sung Duk Seon.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Choi Taek is a subtle character who has not expressed much and talked alot, it is very hard to shine. 

One of my favorite scene: Park Bo Gum in nerd look without muscle to suit Go player who sits all the time.  

Spoiler

Youth Over the Flowers in Africa: Press Conference

Spoiler

Final candidate for Choi Taek

Spoiler

Encounter / Boyfriend: Dong Hwa Hotel's PR Team Reunion 10 Feb 2019 at 17.00 KST. 

Papago

Precious relationship~

I was so proud and happy. 
our MT

# Kim Hye-eun # is Lee Si-hoon # Park Jin-ju # Jeon Son-ni # Park Bo-gum
# Kim Ho Chang

#Bogam couldn't come that day. #The group photo was taken in a video call.
. .

I love you all.

The next meeting. 
See you at Jiwonyeon~♡

Translate:

After CFs's filming, from the agency owner to be a fans. He is improving to do as expected and better beyond the expectation. I am moved by the uniformity. #Thank you #ParkBoGum #Actor #IPrayWithAllOfMyHeart.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Hide contents

Reply 1994 and 1998 ignited a shipping war not with the actors per se but with the characters they portrayed. It was Team Jung Hwan versus Team Choi Taek, not so much the actors. The Reply 1998 drama thread became a battleground and this is I think the reason why the Sun Taek shipping thread thrived as a drama discussion thread aside from discussing about the love story of Choi Taek and Sung Duk Seon.

Its good then, PBG didnt deserved all the hate. They can blame the writer but not the actor. For what I know, Choi taek still get so much love from junghwan fans, because he's too innocent and adorable, its hard to hate him.

@NongpeeP many actors did audition for choi taek. I actually not sure PBG really did audition for choi taek, he have no idea about his character. They just give choi taek to him. 

There's still no news about Seobok? :(

SK5PmZL.jpg

• Love 1

8 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Its good then, PBG didnt deserved all the hate. They can blame the writer but not the actor. For what I know, Choi taek still get so much love from junghwan fans, because he's too innocent and adorable, its hard to hate him.

@NongpeeP many actors did audition for choi taek. I actually not sure PBG really did audition for choi taek, he have no idea about his character. They just give choi taek to him. 

There's still no news about Seobok? :(

@rahma92

I am not sure whether I misunderstood.

From some clips released by TVN, Park Bo Gum has auditioned a few times.

The 1st one with normal clothes and PDs&writer asked about his surgery, no alchohol drinking, no smoking, no saying curse and then read the script of Chilbong Reply1994 when his mom married and he called her to congratulate while he was sad to send his mom off to her husband. Chilbong felt like he was left by his mom to have another family without him. 

The 2nd one with the 1988 clothes that Park Bo Gum prepared to try suit audition for acting to a character in Year 1988. 

PBG attempted very deligently to  pursue Taek’s audition. 

Spoiler

All: Happy birthday dear Taekie, Happy birthday to you~ CLAP CLAP~

DS: Come home earlier, seriously.

JH: Try wearing something else, what are you? An old man?

SW: We were starving to death waiting for you. I even called Kiwon(Baduk Association)

DR: Blow it out now, blow blow before it goes off~

JH: Man, quick quick, hurry! SW: One, Two, Three~

CT: blows it off, starts tearing up DS: Here's the present

BR & JH: hand him tissues 1 Week Later

WH(Director): Taek, when do you miss mom the most? Hmm?

CT: Everyday. I miss mom everyday.

WH: Ok, there will be more Ma(spacing, intentional pause or silence) during filming.

CT: Yes nods WH: You are not crying today?

CT: I held it in. All: Oooohhhhhhh~ start teasing

BR: Ogu Ogu(mimetic word to describe babying), you held it in?

DS: Is that so? speaks in babyish tone Aaaang~ held back the tears?

BR: My Taekie, my baby~

DR: Well done, here it's not much tho. hands him ₩1,000 bill

All: LOL

Spoiler

By the way, I wanna know about Seobok movie too, let Park Bo Gum accept this role only if he and Blossom thoroughly consider the script overall is good enough only.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/17/2016 at 4:40 PM, dahae2006 said:

Today (Jan.16) there was Park Bo Gum's fan meeting. He told a lot of interesting things, but since it's a drama thread, I post something related to R1988.

Bogum didn't apply audition, he was picked up. He got a phone call from the PD Shin. The day at the behind story video, when he was asked if he drinks, smokes, curse, that was the first meeting. The script wasn't made perfectly, the director Shin let him read various characters. And the director said Taek suited him the most, but real Bogum is quiet and upright person. The scriptwriter modified Taek's character to more innocent, quiet, upright person. That's how Taek was created. On the second meeting, he was requested to study baduk.

@NongpeeP @gumtaek I read this before. In his firstmeeting PBG did audition but without knowing about his character,  they asked him to read reply 1994's script then they give choi taek to him. His second meeting they explaining choi taek character, he didnt do audition anymore. So I think they already decide PBG as choi taek in his first meeting. I think they watched his prev drama, thats why they didnt need to test his acting. 

His audition was different with his co-star, RJY, AJH, GKP. Tho many of them didnt sure either about their character. But RJY and GKP confirmed as JW and SW in their third meeting. And AJH in his second meeting but after they asked him to read a script (his real dialog) before he get confirmed. 

There's a fan who met PBG in airport, I think he's not in korea right now. Maybe he really didnt have time to read seobok's script. :(

• Like 1
  • Love 1