Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

@NongpeeP, I remember what you posted in the drama thread when I read the netizens' reactions.

@gumtaek

Yeah!!

Thank you so much to bring this correction here.

Netizens help PBG and PBG’s fans to correct the right figure, I read from Japanese Social Media mentioned the figure near 25,000 seats as they counted from the tickets.

Saitama Super Arena’s capacity from wiki is 22,000 seats with expanable capacity to 37,000 seats, the third biggest indoor hall in the world.

Is this the number of seats for fan meeting???!!!! 15-16 songs, is it a concert???!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saitama_Super_Arena

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hello, chinggus! It's been awhile... Life has been hectic since Dec and I haven't had time to continue watching the drama until the past 2 days. So I've been avoiding the forum too and posts in social media to avoid spoilers. 

I think it will take some time before I can really fully appreciate what I just watched. It definitely wasn't the easiest drama to follow as it was heavy/melancholic most times. At the same time, as improbable as some of the storyline maybe, I think it did capture daily life as it usually is: sometimes hectic, sometimes slow, and one is never really as fully happy as one hopes but somehow, we just have to get by one day after another, with the presence of our loved ones as a subtle but powerful driving force.

I appreciate the earnestness in Bogum's acting. What seemed an improbable pairing at first somehow became not just believable, but one that you root for. SHK was also impressive. Mostly cold until almost the end, but also vulnerable. I liked how her character changed subtly and did not magically have a character transplant after falling in love. 

Now I can finally catch up with all things PBG after the self-imposed hiatus. Hope he getd a good rest after the fan meets.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, gumtaek said:

@NongpeeP: Do you have the link of the Japanese Socia Media acoount which mentions this figure?

I tried to find but can not because I searched Japanese tag last week and put traslate button in twitter.(now the pics and clips from PBG’s fanmeeting in Japan have overwhelmed for a week to make me not able to find the old twitter)

I read from Saitama Super Arena link in twitter, they mentioned expandable feature could be done to suit the capacity size eg.

Selling 20,000 tickets with more demand, the number of seating could be flexibly added to 22,000 or 25,000.

JYJ’s number of tickets are 25,000, as same as Japanese singer. 

As Park Bo Gum mentioned in the recent interview that there are a lot of matured age fans who have supported PBG in drama or in fanmeeting.

I used to read marketing research that the matured age consumers are the most important group to the purchasing power and to the product endorsing power because the matured age group hold the wallet of the household and they can decide to buy anything.

In case that total TV rating is pretty high but advertising agency will consider to buy CFs or select CFs’ endorsers only when the TV programme or the actor/singer have the matured age fans.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/retirement/retire-lifestyle/older-people-have-the-spending-power-so-why-are-ads-obsessed-with-youth/article27241137/

https://www.searchforce.com/blog/advertisers-recognize-womens-purchasing-power-and-influence/

I saw the clips from PBG’s fan meeting, many fans in matured age love PBG, in addition to teenagers and working age people. 

This will be the influential factors that Park Bo Gum will be chosen as the endorser of products targeted to several age ranges esp. matured age people who buy business suit for their husband or son, electronic home device, cooked rice, bed, drink, chat app, etc.

Papago translate

The authentic melodrama is definitely not an easy genre. It is a challenge for actors to persuade them to express their feelings even deeper than the romantic comedy with a bright and resonating atmosphere. Furthermore, there is no guarantee of success or favor compared to the fast tempo dramas. Nevertheless, the reason why the traditional melo is constantly loved is because it provides comfort to the public who is tired of the provocative content.

His "boyfriend" captivated the 40 to 50 middle-aged, who dream of pure love, and recorded the highest ratings of 10 percent in the last episode, and was loved to the end. (Fees Platform National Standards / Nielsen Korea available)

"The middle-aged fans were a big help to me. It's not easy to capture them. When I saw my boyfriend’s fans,  the men agreed that they had their first love and expressed it like Jinhyuk. I think the women who were tired of parenting to make children sleep can watch Boyfriend comfortably at night. I was encouraged by the responses that I had good luck until the end.”

Spoiler

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2