Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

2 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Park Bo Gum Shares Thoughts On Possibly Collaborating With BTS’s V And His Acting Goals

Feb 7, 2019
by sala12

Park Bo Gum shared his overflowing passion for acting!

In a recent interview with Sports Seoul, Park Bo Gum said, “I felt that I should cherish the time I have this year and use it well,” adding, “There isn’t enough time to even love and congratulate one another.”

Last year, Park Bo Gum graduated from Myongji University as a musical theater major, and he has currently moved on to graduate school. He explained, “I applied to a major involving music because I wanted to study composing, and thankfully, I was accepted. I attended school after being accepted last semester, and I think I’ll return.” When asked about his reason for pursuing his schooling in the midst of his acting activities, he shared, “While I have new experiences on the filming set, the things that I learn at school are important too. Since I’m majoring in a different field, I feel as if I’ll enjoy it more. I don’t want to miss that experience. Thankfully, since I had a good school life, I think it’s become an important experience. I still contact my peers.”

Previously, the actor has shown off his vocal skills by singing an OST for his past drama. He also expressed the desire to broaden his horizons by releasing an album and participating in a musical.

When asked if there was a possibility of having a collab with BTS’s V, he said, “I should give him a call. We recently met up to grab food, and we told each other to have strength. He’s currently busy with his tour. I wonder how busy he must be and how difficult it must be for him.”

The actor also expressed his gratitude to his fans who have supported him unconditionally, adding that he wanted to work hard this year to repay them. In regards to roles he wanted to try in the future, Park Bo Gum said, “If the opportunity arises, I want to try acting as a psychopath. Thankfully, the role I took on for KBS2’s “I Remember You” showed the process of becoming such a character through certain circumstances. Perhaps because of that, I like characters that have a clear background reason for why they came to be the way they are even if the characters are dark.”

Park Bo Gum also shared his thoughts on “Encounter,” sharing his affection for his character and revealing that he enjoyed each episode’s ending for its fun and refreshing content. On his similarities with his character Kim Jin Hyuk, the actor said, “I think our positive attitudes are similar. The project made me realize that you have to know how to love yourself to be able to love others.” Park Bo Gum also explained that he’s different with the character in the sense that while Kim Jin Hyuk expresses his love without holding back, he’s more careful because he’s thinking about the other person’s feelings.

The actor also expressed his desire to become a flexible actor like Song Hye Kyo, who can respond well to different scene requests on the spot.

Furthermore, he talked about his long hairstyle that became a hot topic when the drama first aired. He said, “I didn’t grow my hair with the project in mind. I just wanted to grow it out,” sharing that he had always wanted to take on a project with long hair. He added, “After having long hair, I think the people who have long hair are amazing. It’s hard to take care of.”

Following the conclusion of “Encounter,” Park Bo Gum expressed his desire to continue to build his experience as an actor and to meet more people through his acting.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1301939wpp/park-bo-gum-shares-thoughts-on-possibly-collaborating-with-btss-v-and-his-acting-goals

gumtaek, thanks for sharing this. I also remember that during the press event recently, he said that he's considering working on music-related projects. I know he once dreamed of becoming a singer before making his acting debut. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Last year, Park Bo Gum graduated from Myongji University as a musical theater major, and he has currently moved on to graduate school. He explained, “I applied to a major involving music because I wanted to study composing, and thankfully, I was accepted. I attended school after being accepted last semester, and I think I’ll return.” When asked about his reason for pursuing his schooling in the midst of his acting activities, he shared, “While I have new experiences on the filming set, the things that I learn at school are important too. Since I’m majoring in a different field, I feel as if I’ll enjoy it more. I don’t want to miss that experience. Thankfully, since I had a good school life, I think it’s become an important experience. I still contact my peers.”

BUSY BEE!!!

• Love 1

I was just so fascinated how many faces Bogum has. In the drama his face becomes matured enough, handsome and manly enough in the latter episodes to suit with SHK but when you see him during airport moments or in the concert you would see the cute Bogum... Sometimes,I can't believe and asking myself when browsing twitter - is this the Bogum I watched in his drama Encounter? Was he the Kim Jin-hyuk that kissed Cha Soo-hyeon passionately and intimately?   Like what one commenter said "in the drama he was like 30 years old but now he aged backwards" - we have the same observation. He is like a chameleon that has ability to change colors. He fits his face well and style to whomever he is partnered with and that ability is really a skill for an artist...He is a skillful artist. He will be more highly regarded in the future just maintains his attitude towards work but I think he is exhausted this days since it is manifested in his Japan TV appearance/interview that he was so tired.  He needs rest. :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@rahma92  Seobok was offered to bogum once he completed MDBC.  Actually two movies ( Anci city) and seobok.  he declined Ansi City ( JIS and NJH) an seobok was still pending for quite some times.  I saw GY took the offer last month.  I hope he should accept it as Director really wants him to appear and even change the script for him.  If soompi could able to retrieve the info, some of us post the news ( a few site including kdrama news post it) about seobok news.  It was offered to bogum first in 2016 Dec or 2017.

@Glycie Manongsong  bogum is versatile actor.  He really looks like in his 30 when he acts with SHK.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Wow Bogum is so talented that a Director even change his script so he can accept his offer. 

What I really admire and respect Bogum is his dedication to his studies and now graduate school. 

Wishing him a well rest day after his coming busy schedule. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

I was just so fascinated how many faces Bogum has. In the drama his face becomes matured enough, handsome and manly enough in the latter episodes to suit with SHK but when you see him during airport moments or in the concert you would see the cute Bogum... Sometimes,I can't believe and asking myself when browsing twitter - is this the Bogum I watched in his drama Encounter? Was he the Kim Jin-hyuk that kissed Cha Soo-hyeon passionately and intimately?   Like what one commenter said "in the drama he was like 30 years old but now he aged backwards" - we have the same observation. He is like a chameleon that has ability to change colors. He fits his face well and style to whomever he is partnered with and that ability is really a skill for an artist...He is a skillful artist. He will be more highly regarded in the future just maintains his attitude towards work but I think he is exhausted this days since it is manifested in his Japan TV appearance/interview that he was so tired.  He needs rest. :wub::wub::wub:

@Glycie Manongsong

I feel what you mentioned.

PBG’s varied looks surprised me too.  

During Encounter filming, PBG went to attend MAMA in Japan  as the MC, he looked like an idol.

On the MAMA stage, PBG was the talent professional MC. 

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/park-bo-gum-praised-hosting-skills-2018-mama-japan/

Almost the end of Encounter filming, PBG went to Hongkong as the MC of Music Bank, a teenager idol look came back. 

On Music Bank stage, PBG turned to be very professional and witty.

After that, PBG came back to act as Kim Jin Hyuk at 29 years old again, after just 2 days of Encounter’s filming ends, PBG can sing, dance, and entertain in the fanmeeting promptly.  

How could PBG do acting, MCing, singing, dancing to this level?  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

Actually his name really worth his popularity. I found him first in Reply 1988, its the best drama for me and his character is loveable one. but I still not into him. His movie coin locker girl is the one who grabbed my attention, make me wondering why people love him so much.  and I start watching him in Hello monster and yeah I think I understand now. :wub:

@dahae2006 I actually know Gongyoo taking this project, but have no idea about PBG who rejected it in the past. I felt bad for the director, they really want him. I hope Bogum will take this, not just because I love gongyoo, but for director.

@NongpeeP some people saying that PBG just a lucky one. He got a role as choi taek, and then become MC in Music bank. But for me, its more because PBG is working hard. He was able to grab many attention as MC in Music bank, and he did a good job as choi taek and become so popular because of Moonlight. I even not sure if PBG did audition to get the role as choi taek. the director just called him and asked him to read reply 1994's script. his interview was different with his co-star. I'm sure they saw him in his prev drama, and impressed with his acting in there.        

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Amused by this line from the article: Director Lee Yong-joo-I's film "Seo Bok" is currently wooing Park Bo-gum.

Park Bo-gum and Gong Yoo May Star Together in New Film

photo1034620.jpg

Director Lee Yong-joo-I's film "Seo Bok" is currently wooing Park Bo-gum. The popular actor is reviewing the script and if he chooses to accept the titular role of Seo Bok, he will join Gong Yoo for what will certainly be an epic pairing and for his first film in three years.

Gong Yoo has been cast as former intelligence agent Gi Heon who gets involved with the first human clone, Seo Bok, who many search for as he may hold the secret to eternal life.

https://www.hancinema.net/park-bo-gum-and-gong-yoo-may-star-together-in-new-film-126418.html

• Like 1
  • Love 3