Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Watch: Suzy, Park Bo Gum, Tang Wei, And More Face Complex Dilemmas In New "Wonderland" Teaser

20240509102756_wonderland-2.jpg?s=900x60

The highly-anticipated film “Wonderland” has unveiled its main trailer!

“Wonderland” tells the story of people who use the “Wonderland” service, which allows users to reunite with their deceased loved ones through video calls by reconstructing them through artificial intelligence. The star-studded cast consists of Tang Wei, Suzy, Park Bo Gum, Jung Yu Mi, and Choi Woo Shik.

The main trailer begins with senior planner Hae Ri (Jung Yu Mi) and newcomer Hyun Soo (Choi Woo Shik), the architects of the Wonderland service, restoring Bai Li (Tang Wei), who uses the service to hide her death from her daughter.

Amidst Hae Ri’s heartfelt encouragement, “I hope you’ll find happiness, fighting!”, the trailer unfolds scenes of Bai Li traversing deserts and Tae Joo (Park Bo Gum) living in space, all the while engaging in conversations with their beloved ones via video calls.

As the story unfolds, Jung In (Suzy), who has been communicating with her boyfriend Tae Joo through video calls, finds herself in a whirlwind of emotions when the real-life Tae Joo miraculously wakes up from a coma, raising curiosity about how their relationship will change.

Furthermore, the trailer captures Bai Li’s anguish within Wonderland as she fervently seeks her daughter, who ventures out to reunite with her mother in person. Meanwhile, the expressions of bewilderment and concern etched on the faces of Hae Ri and Hyun Soo only intensify as the Wonderland system grapples with unexpected errors.

Watch the trailer below!

“Wonderland” will hit theaters on June 5.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

'Wonderland' lets you video call your lost loved ones

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, May 9 (Yonhap) -- Many recent films and TV series have portrayed a future enhanced by highly advanced artificial intelligence technologies.

This hot topic returns to the Korean cinema with "Wonderland," a Korean sci-fi fantasy drama slated for release next month.

The film tells the story of people who use an innovative AI service called "Wonderland," which allows them to communicate with their deceased loved ones through video calls.

Written and directed by Kim Tae-yong, best known for "Late Autumn" (2011), the new flick boasts a star-studded cast, featuring Bae Suzy, Park Bo-gum, Jung Yu-mi, Choi Woo-shik and Tang Wei.

A scene from the Korean sci-fi film "Wonderland," provided by Acemaker Movieworks (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

A scene from the Korean sci-fi film "Wonderland," provided by Acemaker Movieworks (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

"I make video calls often. But after hanging up, I would wonder if that was really a real person I was talking to," Kim said during a press conference in Seoul on Thursday to promote "Wonderland."

"When I meet them again, it feels like a long time has passed, yet also like I just saw them yesterday. It feels like the boundaries of relationships are becoming increasingly blurred," he continued. "This led me to consider the possibility that, unlike the past, there could be a time when even deceased people can communicate and not be truly gone," he said, explaining his motivation for making the film.

He set the movie in the near future using technologies available today, hoping to make the story resonate with the audience.

To further enhance realism, he consulted with a prominent AI expert at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), a national research university in Daejeon.

Director Kim Tae-yong of the Korean sci-fi film "Wonderland" speaks during a press conference to promote the movie in Seoul on May 9, 2024. (Yonhap)

Director Kim Tae-yong of the Korean sci-fi film "Wonderland" speaks during a press conference to promote the movie in Seoul on May 9, 2024. (Yonhap)

In "Wonderland," Bae Suzy takes on the role of a young flight attendant who uses the service to communicate with her boyfriend (played by Park Bo-gum) after he falls into a coma from an accident.

Tang Wei plays a mother who subscribes to the service before her death to allow herself to communicate with her young daughter.

Jung Yu-mi and Choi Woo-shik portray a team of coordinators of the service.

The director admitted the actors were so captivating that he found himself constantly moving the camera closer while filming them. "So I had to make a conscious effort to step back," he said, with a smile.

Park Bo-gum said he was drawn to the film's unique concept.

"When I first read the screenplay," he said, "I found the subject matter incredibly interesting. But most of all, I wanted to work with the director."

The actor said it was a "pleasure" to constantly exchange ideas with the director about the characters and their stories throughout filming.

Bae Suzy agreed, saying: "The most fascinating aspect of working with the director was his ability to help me express complex emotions. It was also fun to exchange thoughts with him throughout the filming process."

The cast of the Korean sci-fi film "Wonderland" poses for photographers during a press conference to promote the movie in Seoul on May 9, 2024. (Yonhap)

The cast of the Korean sci-fi film "Wonderland" poses for photographers during a press conference to promote the movie in Seoul on May 9, 2024. (Yonhap)

The upcoming film marks Kim's first feature film in 13 years after "Late Autumn" and his second collaboration with Tang Wei, who is now his wife, after the 2011 romance movie.

When asked about working again with the Chinese actress, Kim described it as "an amazing experience."

"I'd see her on set all day, and then I'd go home, and there she was again," he said.

Choi Woo-shik then chimed in, asking, "So, was it good?"

Kim chuckled and replied: "Absolutely. We could talk about things at home that we couldn't on set. It felt like I was working 24 hours a day."

Tang added, "This is our second project together, and the biggest difference is that I became more comfortable than before.

"The director is a workaholic, and I'm also a detail-oriented and meticulous person. I'm lucky to be able to work with him. I think it would have been quite difficult with someone else," she said, drawing laughter from reporters.

The film will open in local theaters nationwide June 5.

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20240509007300315?section=culture/movies

• Like 1

*** On the morning of May 9 KST, the cast members and director  of the film 'Wonderland' attended a press conference at Yongsan CGV I'Park Mall. Jung Yoo Mi, who was originally scheduled to make an appearance could not attend due to a sudden illness. I like the trailer.   :Ohboy3:

1715223512-20240508-w.jpg

1715223587-01.jpg

1715223587-02.jpg

Spoiler

1715223603-09.jpg

photos source : allkpop

• Like 1

MORE --

*** At the press conference, Park Bo Gum and Suzy have coordinated outfits. Bo Gum was dressed in a pinstriped navy blazer layered over a light shirt and a denim, while Suzy opted for a classic, dark navy blazer that matched Bo Gum’s outfit, paired with similar jeans. I'm excited of this CUTE pairing. They're both Insanely handsome and gorgeous. I hope they could also star in a drama together in the future.  :heart2beat:

wonderland-press-con.jpg

wonderland-press-con-2.jpg

wonderland-press-con-4.jpg

Spoiler

wonderland-press-con-3.jpg

wonderland-press-con-1.jpg

source : https://theqoo.net/hot/3222512277

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 1:46 PM, Sakurafairy said:

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to hear their duet song in their upcoming movie 'Wonderland'! Park Bogum shared insights into this, "It was a scene created the day before shooting. The director suggested, 'How about (you and Suzy) singing together? Want to try writing the lyrics?' So, after finishing the shooting that day, I went to my room and played the ukulele while writing the lyrics, and then sang it together with Suzy the next day."   :kaching1:

20240510_045529_640_y%20sing.jpg

• Like 1

Suzy, Park Bo-gum star in AI fantasy romance ‘Wonderland’

20240509050716_0.jpg

“Wonderland,” a sci-fi fantasy and romance film set in the near future that deals with relationships, death and life, shows what it is like to communicate using AI technology, director Kim Tae-yong said Thursday.

The movie revolves around people reuniting in a virtual world called Wonderland. Tang Wei, Suzy and Park Bo-gum star as those who ask to meet people they loved but cannot meet anymore in the real world. Jung Yu-mi and Choi Woo-shik appear as staff who support the AI service users in Wonderland.

Suzy and Park, who have shown special chemistry as emcees at Baeksang Arts Awards for many years, are expected to show on-screen chemistry in “Wonderland.” They appear as a young couple struggling to settle into a new life after Tae-ju (Park) suffers brain damage.

Suzy plays Jung-in, a woman in her 20s who misses talking to Tae-ju, who is in a coma. That leads her to sign up to the Wonderland service, where she can talk to him.

“(I once heard that) we’re living in a world where communication with technology, something non-human, is more comfortable and easier than having it with real humans. I tried to focus on that feeling,” Suzy told reporters during a press conference held in CGV Yongsan, Seoul, Thursday.

20240509050717_0.jpg

“Wonderland” is director Kim's first movie in 13 years after “Late Autumn” (2011). Both movies star his wife and Chinese actor Tang Wei. The two were married after working together on "Late Autumn."

Kim said the movie was inspired by technologies he had enjoyed during the pandemic.

“I did a lot of video calls during the pandemic. Not just me, but many people around us had to. After hanging up the video chat, I felt like if this was real and the border between human relationships felt like fading away,” Kim told reporters.

The movie was shot during the pandemic from 2020 to 2021.

“So I wanted to tell the story on – maybe – an imminent future where technology can connect people even after death,” he added.

To make sure the AI technology in the movie makes sense, Kim said he worked with a team at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology.

“I asked KAIST professor Kim Dae-shik for advice on AI technology because I wanted to make the audience feel this movie as something very relatable as if they’re seeing the near future,” said Kim.

20240509050718_0.jpg

Actors said the story was fresh to approach and act in.

“It was very interesting that this whole universe in the movie was very believable,” said Suzy.

Park said he even felt like he was involved in the pre-production because he had a lot of conversation with the director and his partner Suzy even before the shooting.

“Kim was a very friendly, smooth person to work with. He would share details about the characters and also hear from my side (in terms of acting Tae-ju). I felt like I literally produced the film from pre-production,” said Park.

Choi Woo-shik said he also loved working with Kim, adding that the director’s warmth as a person added a different mood to this sci-fi fantasy romance.

“When you think about sci-fi movies, they feel very cold and blue-toned, but the director’s warmth and the movie’s overall message mixed very well to offer a new mood,” said Choi.

Director Kim and Tang Wei said they enjoyed working together on the same project.

"What I liked the most (about working with an actress wife) was that I get to talk about work even at home," Kim said, laughing.

Tang said both she and her husband enjoy talking about work at home because both are "workaholics."

"I treat my work seriously and try to focus on every detail and this could have been very difficult for other directors. But I'm glad (that it's my husband) that I worked with," Tang said.

“Wonderland” is slated for release June 5.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240509050765

• Like 1

Walking in an AI 'Wonderland': Film tackles future of grieving

The director and cast of "Wonderland" pose for cameras during a press conference for the upcoming film at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul on Thursday. From left: Kim Tae-yong, Choi Woo-shik, Park Bo-gum, Suzy and Tang Wei [YONHAP]

The director and cast of "Wonderland" pose for cameras during a press conference for the upcoming film at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul on Thursday. From left: Kim Tae-yong, Choi Woo-shik, Park Bo-gum, Suzy and Tang Wei [YONHAP]

Relationships in “Wonderland,” an upcoming Korean sci-fi fantasy film, are seemingly easier to handle than in real life. Closure from death or breakups can be avoided as people are able to reconnect with their lost loved ones through the help of artificial intelligence.

Directed by Kim Tae-yong, the film features an ensemble cast composed solely of A-listers Tang Wei, Suzy, Park Bo-gum, Jung Yu-mi and Choi Woo-shik, who each play characters that deal with — or rather, dodge — grief and loss through an AI service called Wonderland that offers reincarnations via video call simulations.

A still from film "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

The bittersweet possibility of digitally reuniting with a lost significant other or family member can offer solace — but can we say that they really exist? It’s a question that director Kim has had about video calls in general even among the living.

“I’ve always felt that the confines of human relationships have become very blurred through video calls nowadays,” he said during a press conference at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul on Thursday. “We’re able to interact with anyone, anytime, but sometimes it leaves me wondering, is the other person on the line actually there?”

Kim then took it up a notch: “What if there comes a time when we can be in contact with the dead through video calls?” And this became a eureka moment that led to “Wonderland,” his first feature film in 13 years since “Late Autumn.”

“This film is based on my own curiosity and I felt like it was my job to answer it,” he said.

But “Wonderland” doesn’t flaunt the infinite potential of AI technology or the virtual world. It’s meant to inspire viewers to think about their own interpersonal relationships, which is why Kim focused on making the plot “relatable” and “believable,” after receiving help from actual AI experts.

Tang Wei in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Tang Wei in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Tang plays Bai Li, a mother who signs herself up for Wonderland to hide her death from her young daughter. As Bai Li becomes an archaeologist in the afterlife, Tang met with actual experts in that field and bought books on the field.

“We now have more books on archaeology than on cinema at home,” joked Kim, who has been married to Tang since 2014.

It’s also the husband and wife’s second time working on a film together since first meeting on the set of “Late Autumn.” Despite some concerned reporters asking if it wasn’t troublesome to work together professionally, Kim and Tang agreed that they were compatible, thanks to both being such workaholics.

Spoiler

Suzy in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Suzy in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Park Bo-gum in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Park Bo-gum in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Suzy and Park are already a familiar duo who have hosted the annual Baeksang Arts Awards for several years now, but in “Wonderland” they have returned as a couple. When Park’s character, Tae-ju, falls into a coma due to an accident, Suzy’s character, Jeong-in, is desperate to stay with him through Wonderland. A problem, however, arises when Tae-ju wakes back up and isn’t entirely who he used to be due to brain damage.

There was a lot of “complex, inexplicable acting” required to play Jeong-in, with Suzy describing it as a roller coaster of emotions.

“Jeong-in would be devastated when Tae-ju becomes unconscious, and then she would be filled with joy after seeing him through Wonderland but then once again become overwhelmed with yearning after the video call ends,” she said.

Jung Yu-mi in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Jung Yu-mi in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Choi Woo-shik in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Choi Woo-shik in "Wonderland" [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Jung and Choi both play characters who work for the company behind the Wonderland service as planners. Jung’s Hae-ri is introduced as being raised by digital versions of her parents on Wonderland after they died when she was young.

Casting Jung as Hae-ri was a priority for Kim, as it reminded him of a similarly odd role she had in one of his previous films, “Family Ties” (2006), in which she played a daughter who lived with two mothers.

“Jung is an actor who never lets you down,” Kim said. “She has a way of portraying a unique role to be universally relatable.”

“Wonderland” features a special cameo by actor Gong Yoo as an addition to the star-studded lineup.

Tang recalls first meeting Gong during the pandemic in a video call.

"Even that seemed like using Wonderland,” she said. “He probably thought I had a big head because he told me he was seeing me through a large-screen monitor.”

“Wonderland” premieres on June 5.

BY SHIN MIN-HEE [shin.minhee@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-05-10/entertainment/movies/Walking-in-an-AI-Wonderland-Film-tackles-future-of-grieving/2044036

On 5/10/2024 at 11:25 AM, Sakurafairy said:

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing the teaser for his upcoming variety show. The picture (below) is shown Park Bo-gum  talking with local people in Dublin, Ireland for his variety show 'My Name is Gabriel.  He lives as local youth for three days with a pseudonym. The show's concept involves celebrities living someone else's life for three days, including their job and social interactions. This new wave of programming provides a refreshing perspective by immersing celebrities in the real world, potentially bridging the gap between them and the general public. It also provides a platform for celebrities to showcase their versatility and humanity beyond their on-screen personas.   :cutekitty:

042c333c-5d63-49e9-ab26-e963797477c7.jpg

Courtesy of JTBC

• Like 1

Watch: Tang Wei, Suzy, Park Bo Gum, And More Are Entangled With The

Watch: Tang Wei, Suzy, Park Bo Gum, And More Are Entangled With The "Wonderland" Service In Upcoming Film

The star-studded new film “Wonderland” has shared a glimpse of its main characters’ stories!

On May 16, “Wonderland” released the new character posters featuring Tang Wei, Suzy, Park Bo Gum, Jung Yu Mi, and Choi Woo Shik along with a video previewing their narratives.

The teaser video introduces the various stories of the five characters—Bai Li (Tang Wei), Jung In (Suzy), Tae Joo (Park Bo Gum), Hae Ri (Jung Yu Mi), and Hyun Soo (Choi Woo Shik)—who are on the border between reality and the virtual world of Wonderland.

Bai Li is restored through Wonderland and becomes an archaeologist working in the desert, while Jung In starts her day with a sweet wake-up call from her boyfriend Tae Joo, who later miraculously wakes up from a coma but faces difficulties adapting to daily life due to brain damage.

The clip also shows Hae Ri, Wonderland’s senior planner who meets customers and works hard to provide the best service to them, and Hyun Soo, Wonderland’s rookie planner who identifies something from an old photo while working with Hae Ri. The different narratives of the characters intertwined with the Wonderland service, which restores the deceased into artificial intelligence (AI), raise viewers’ anticipation for the film.

Watch the full character teaser below!