[Drama 2014/2015] Love&Secret 달콤한 비밀 Sweet Secret Thank you For Watching..

Ldy Gmerm

@valsava I am curious as to why SW step mom and dad want him to marry YY.  I don't think LSH has any blood relations to her, because she was disappointed that the mother failed to show up to the family meeting, and YY lied about it.  So I think she is interested in meeting YY family but for some reason she hasn't. But if the father supported YY while she was a student, don't you think a man in his position would find out about her background regardless of the fact that he liked her as a person. We all have seen how crazy Korean parents are over knowing the background of the person to marry their child. Something just feels off about YY, I think she made up her background....whatever it may be.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kdramafan469 said: @valsava I am curious as to why SW step mom and dad want him to marry YY.  I don't think LSH has any blood relations to her, because she was disappointed that the mother failed to show up to the family meeting, and YY lied about it.  So I think she is interested in meeting YY family but for some reason she hasn't. But if the father supported YY while she was a student, don't you think a man in his position would find out about her background regardless of the fact that he liked her as a person. We all have seen how crazy Korean parents are over knowing the background of the person to marry their child. Something just feels off about YY, I think she made up her background....whatever it may be.

Love this drama, I started this drama out of curiosity and I am so surprised that it is so good, the storyline is just so perfectly in place, and everything is moving so smoothly and fast paced, I hope the momentum will stay. Although, most of the actors/ actresses are not popular/familar to me, but their characters are definitely growing on me every episode. It just so perfect to have Philip in the game because he's kind of attractive. Keep up the good work writer please!

@msmy  I see that happening too, if he cant use Tiffany to get her back then he will just try to take her out of spite.  I just have no love for this actor after seeing him play a king-size A-hole in Cheer Up Mr.Kim and here he is playing the same type of guy  sigh.   

kdramafan469 said:
And how stupid is Phillip, I swear he is as clingy and desperate as YY is for SW (I see these two collaborating to keep SW and AR apart). Phillip prepares dinner for AR (without asking or inviting her), then sends his chauffeur over to her place of work to bring her to him. Since she had just had the run in with her father she was trying to get home for her slapping (LOL) and refused to go with the driver. So the driver had to call Phillip and let him know she had better things to do lol. Can't believe he acting all disappointed...DUDE YOU NOT HER MAN ANYMORE.....MOVE ON! 
LSH finally saw AR coming out of the design dept. offices and realized that she was AR. In the fallout of AR dad finding out about Tiffany it seems aunt and uncle are only worried about what will happen to them. Who is going to take of them now. Which is one of the reasons uncle ran to find him (realizing he was the one that spilled the secret).

I think her father told AR at the end to send to Tiffany to her father, then said tell him who the father is or she had to get out/ was cutting ties with her? 
I can't wait for next week...it looks like AR and CW will get closer but YY sees the two of them, gets mad and reports it back to LSH who now knows who AR is. I wonder if LSH will help YY or decide to push AR to CW. After all AR and her dad could be more beneficial to her and the company in the long run.  But that might make CW stronger and more capable of taking control of the company which she wants for her son..soooo ??   
Also next ep. AR turns up looking like a wet rat at Philips hotel (did her father kick her out?)  Later Phillip sees AR with Tiffany and ask who baby is that.

rikimaiu said: kdramafan469 said:
And how stupid is Phillip, I swear he is as clingy and desperate as YY is for SW (I see these two collaborating to keep SW and AR apart). Phillip prepares dinner for AR (without asking or inviting her), then sends his chauffeur over to her place of work to bring her to him. Since she had just had the run in with her father she was trying to get home for her slapping (LOL) and refused to go with the driver. So the driver had to call Phillip and let him know she had better things to do lol. Can't believe he acting all disappointed...DUDE YOU NOT HER MAN ANYMORE.....MOVE ON! 
LSH finally saw AR coming out of the design dept. offices and realized that she was AR. In the fallout of AR dad finding out about Tiffany it seems aunt and uncle are only worried about what will happen to them. Who is going to take of them now. Which is one of the reasons uncle ran to find him (realizing he was the one that spilled the secret).

I think her father told AR at the end to send to Tiffany to her father, then said tell him who the father is or she had to get out/ was cutting ties with her? 
I can't wait for next week...it looks like AR and CW will get closer but YY sees the two of them, gets mad and reports it back to LSH who now knows who AR is. I wonder if LSH will help YY or decide to push AR to CW. After all AR and her dad could be more beneficial to her and the company in the long run.  But that might make CW stronger and more capable of taking control of the company which she wants for her son..soooo ??   
Also next ep. AR turns up looking like a wet rat at Philips hotel (did her father kick her out?)  Later Phillip sees AR with Tiffany and ask who baby is that.

@watchumlots, @Risu34is17x2,  @winterlove, @msmy, welcome to the thread.

kdramafan469 said: @valsava I think AR will continue to lie about the baby. Probably won't find out til the middle or towards the end and then use it to try and force her to come back to him or else  he will take Tiffany from her. My thing is since Tiffany was born in the US and given the last name of Han, Phillip doesn't have a leg to stand on in court. He and AR were not married so I dont think any Korean court could compel a DNA test as long as she is not asking for support or even saying he is the father.  We will have to see what the writers do with this situation.

@irilight  I quite enjoyed Cheer Up Mr.Kim, but it was one of the drama at the time when dailies were running at 150+ episodes. It was originally scheduled for 150 but they cut it down to 120 or 125 because the writers thought they could finish it decently in that amount of time. Personally I think they could have used another 5-10 episodes because some parts seemed way to rushed. But other than that it was really good, all the actors including the children were very good also. I also think they shortened it because Kim Dong Wan (Mr.Kim) boyband Shinhwa was about to go on their anniversary tour.
You may be right about LSA having some dirt on YY, otherwise I just can't figure out why she would help this woman and she knows how much CSW hates her. YY doesn't even try to understand where he is coming from in his displeasure for LSA. Again I think there is just something off about the girl. She'll probably turn out to be a true crackpot worse than Phillip.

kdramafan469 said: @valsava I know, thats why I say we have to see what the writers will do, because frankly I thought it was too early for Phillip to make an appearance. I thought that the writers would actually wait until she was in a definite relationship with SW then he would show up trying to break them up and get her back. Phillip is just like YY...he has been told he is not wanted but he continue to cling to someone that doesnt want him thinking he can just lay on the charm and everything will work out his way.

Hi everyone, i'm new to this thread.. just started watching this drama not too long ago.  I can't wait for the English subbed (KBSWorld channel) so started to watch raw version first.  The website that I used to watch Korean dramas do not subbed this drama, so I really have to be 'patient' with KBSWorld lol..

Glad that Shin So Yool is finally the female lead of a drama.  She has been acting as female lead friends, colleagues and as a supporting cast, it's nice to see her landing a lead role. 

I like to watch how cold-blooded characters turned into a warm and considerate person, so i'm definitely looking forward to the character CSW. 

P.S. I support HAR & CSW but Tiffany's father is good looking!! hahaha... 

As I'm only on episode 8, when does the agreement between LSA and GYY come to light?  Is there a hint that the agreement was part of the support for her education?

I agree that any agreement like that in dramas likely means there is either that GYY has a financial obligation to LSA or LSA has some information that she can use to blackmail her.  I would not be surprised if she gets out from under the obligation once it is revealed to CSW some 80+ episodes from now.  Then she could be a real hinderance to LSA.

For everyone complaining about leading ladies without a spine, it seems that writers find making the lead female like Pauline (from the silent serial Perils of Pauline) a pattern (see Make a Wish)  In that drama, the lead's spine shows up sporatically and does not really appear until episode 102 so we are likely going to see HAR in perilous situations for a long time.

To the custody of Tiffany....the child is a natural US citizen not sure if the child is old enough to get korean citizenship yet or not. The point is Phillip legally has no claim to Tiffany in korean court. He has to go through us court since the child was born on US soil.
Though phillip might threaten to destroy har family if she dont do something for him which I can see coming. If he cant have her no one will mentality.

@Irilight:  Thank you for the welcome, it is appreciated.  This forum makes watching so much more fun. 
Guys:  Ha ha ha ha "boyband Shinhwa."  Those guys are all in their mid-thirties, since when are guys that age called "boys?"  You think they would have outgrown that stuff by now!  Sorry, but hearing those guys are in a 'boyband' is too hilarious!
My preview had the single mom with her shirt hiked, nursing her baby when her mother walks in... that's always awkward when your mother doesn't know you had a baby.  How to explain that ?  Uh, just thought I would give that breast-feeding-thing a try?  Who knew there would actually be milk???  It's a m-i-r-a-c-l-e!   :-j
What would have been even better is if the boss-guy would have heard some noise in the adjacent office, and looked in to see her nursing her baby.  THAT would have been doubly awesome and doubly embarrassing. For the nursing mom, of course.  :-$
Oh, we don't know if the baby was really born in the US or born in S Korea... the girl said she was in the States, but remember the scene where she won the contest and her mother was at the same fashion show???  Maybe the girl was in S Korea all the time and her family only thought she was in the US?  

@chocolatepie  mmmmmmmmm Chocolate piiee lol (drooling because I now want a yummy sinfully indulgent chocolate pie). Well Welcome to the thread, the more the merrier.  :D
@Triton823  That's what I was saying/thinking and in reality that would be true, Philip has no chance....BUT this is kdrama land where anything will and can happen. They will somehow overlook the fact that he is not married to AR, nor is she asking for any kind of support from him or even saying the child is his. But somehow, someway he will be able to legally threaten her (probably with the help of YY).

@watchumlots  Tiffany was born in the US. The very first episode shows AR returning to the US with baby in tow. On the plane is where she meets SW for the first time. Also after arriving to airport in Korea when she is questioned she has to explain about the formula (which security thought was drugs). If she had returned to Korea and had the baby then she would have had to get documanttion for the baby to leave Korea. She only showed her own documentation when she came back, so baby was born in the states.

Archived