[Drama 2014/2015] Love&Secret 달콤한 비밀 Sweet Secret Thank you For Watching..

Ldy Gmerm

Philip is already divorced. He divorced his wife after one and a half month of marriage. He told HAR that it is his life's first and last mistake, that is to wrong her. 
Since this is a very long drama, I believe the ex-wife will appear in the future to give the story a twist. 
So far, I am holding onto this drama because of the male leads. Didn't quite like the female casts. I am also rather put off by the guitar girl. I know she is a tomboy but she is so rude and loud mouthed. She acts as if the whole world owes her everything. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ldy_Gmerm, thank you for the recap. I do hope that HAR does not just fall into Philip's arms. Too bad she used CSW as the crutch, because Philip will find out in the next episode that CSW is engaged to KYY and not HAR. So he'll either know that HAR lied to him, or worst - assume that she has no problem being with "attached" men.

@cattx, I often feel similarly. That is why I loved Glorious Day so much - it was filled with warmth and love. Yes, they did have the nasty mom, but she was not as bad as in some Kdrama, and was being told off by both her parents and her husband.

Seems it runs in the family to lie and run away from one's problem. The only exception in the family is HAR's father.  The mom takes a loan out from LSA, and lie to her husband about it, while telling LSA "she'll find a way to pay her back somehow...."  (really? how, when you don't even work?). The aunt conned OMH into giving her $30,000 to pay a loan (which she seemed to not have paid, as the loan sharks still seem to be after them), and now she is trying to con HAR out of her $30,000 prize money. The aunt and uncle had a talk saying that with $60,000 they will be all set...! And lastly, the brother, who like HAR does not dare to tell his family the truth, skips school, has no intention to study, and only wants to be a singer. (I have nothing against someone wanting to be a singer, but finish high school first.- your dad is right..!)

By the way, CSW's fiance, AsianWiki lists her as Ko Yoon-Yi, but KoreanDrama.org lists her as Go Eun-Ah, as @dexter8010 told us earlier.

rikimaiu said: Philip is already divorced. He divorced his wife after one and a half month of marriage. He told HAR that it is his life's first and last mistake, that is to wrong her. 
Since this is a very long drama, I believe the ex-wife will appear in the future to give the story a twist. 
So far, I am holding onto this drama because of the male leads. Didn't quite like the female casts. I am also rather put off by the guitar girl. I know she is a tomboy but she is so rude and loud mouthed. She acts as if the whole world owes her everything. 

:-B thanks, @rikimaiu, knowing that Phillip divorced answers one of my questions. Wow, a month and a half marriage is nothing... :-/ I agree the EX might show up later...I also like the male leads, their acting is solid. I do think that there is chemistry between CSW and HAR, even though I could think of plenty of other actresses that would have been great as the lead and the secondary actresses. @irilight‌, I also enjoyed GD, but I admit that after eps 30 I waited for the drama to be complete and then went back and watched all the episodes. I prefer dramas like GD, WHTTF over dramas like ATYH or JB........I definitely don't like the singer girl she is way to young to be so bitter and rude....and I find HARs aunt's family issues boring....I am mostly interested in CSW, HAR and Pillip and of course baby, Tiffany. Such a cute baby. As of right now, those that know about who is Tiffany's real mom: H-mom, aunt and family, brother....anyone else? Can't wait to find out if CSW finds out first or Phillp? X_X

I still like SS. I still find interesting how CSW will be changing from this form. Also like singer girl who want to prevent that other people use his father's kidness. That man always help the other people because he dont know that he has a family(singer girl). He really pitiful on other hand singer girl really stupid that she not open her mouth regardless his father indentity. I alsp curious what the stepmom real "face" and she really involved or not CSW's mother death. I had doubt she has any related the her mother death just because of CSW's little brother. It is obviously after CSW changing he will open up and stand more time with the little brother who seems has older brother 'dependence'. So i dont think any skeleton 'fall out' from the stepmom cupboard.

@rikimaiu, @cattx,  the next question that comes to mind, is if Philip divorced after 4-6 weeks of his marriage, why did he not come to HAR sooner?  Why did it take him over a year to come back into her life (aside from the obvious, that then the we wouldn't have a drama....)

@cattx I agree about the male leads..  I love Kim Heung-Soo and he is the reason I started watching.  But so far, I am liking Yang Ji-Woo so far. I don't recall having seen him before, but apparently he was in "Scandal: A Shocking and wrongful incident" - although I do not remember him in that.

@rikimaiu, thank you for setting us straight on the fiance's name!

irilight said: @rikimaiu, @cattx,  the next question that comes to mind, is if Philip divorced after 4-6 weeks of his marriage, why did he not come to HAR sooner?  Why did it take him over a year to come back into her life (aside from the obvious, that then the we wouldn't have a drama....)

@cattx I agree about the male leads..  I love Kim Heung-Soo and he is the reason I started watching.  But so far, I am liking Yang Ji-Woo so far. I don't recall having seen him before, but apparently he was in "Scandal: A Shocking and wrongful incident" - although I do not remember him in that.

@rikimaiu, thank you for setting us straight on the fiance's name!

:-B @rikimaiu‌ oops, I got some of the initials wrong...WWTF ...what's with this family? Weekend drama. Quite comical for a 50eps drama...dropped these two way back when.... A Hundred Year Inheritance and Jang BoRi is Here (please don't hate the messenger if you liked these two dramas) although it seems they were super popular, just not my cup of tea. I only went back to watch the last episodes of each...which made very happy I didn't waste my time on them. Like I mentioned before, I'm surprised I'd even consider watching a daily. I'd say that for a Daily drama, SS's pacing has actually been really good...CSW seems to be interested in Har and Phillip is back and says he loves Har. :-O :x <:-P let the 'games' begin \:D/ with all the lies that Har has told she must feel exhausted....she could have avoided all of this if she just would have come home and faced the firing squad ;)) but then we wouldn't have this drama....Phillip seems a bit on the arrogant side and as a CEO he doesn't like to lose...so, I'm thinking he isn't going to give up so easy....and CSW is doesn't seem like he will give up that easily either....its a win, win for Har.....how is that possible when the last thing on her mind is an Ex or a new love ;)) @dexter8010‌ thanks for the insight on the singer girl I'm hoping that other subplots of this drama will become more interesting because for now I'm totally invested in Har, Tiffany, CSW and Phillp.... :D

I'm 8 episodes behind everyone who understands Korean and also a guy, so please bear with me as my reactions are a bit different from the consensus on some issues.

First, I really like the guitar girl.  She is a rare kdrama female character with spunk.  I prefer characters like her rather than the spineless, teary-eyed candy roles that seem to be what is mostly written for female characters.   In many ways she is a younger version of HAR's aunt, a woman who understands life by living though real hardships.

I'm also enjoying the fact that the writer has set up enough secrets and side stories to sustain this daily.  I'm now curious about
1)what happened to CSW's mom? I'm convinced having watched enough dramas that it will be something that CSW will eventually forgive once he matures much much later.
2) What is the relationship between KYY and CSW's dad and step mom..
3) Is CSW's stepmom so clueless about how her help for HAR and her mom could backfire?
4) What was going through Phillip's head when he got married? (and as posts noted above got divorced so ridiculously quickly?)
5)Was Phillip always so wealthy?  That was not clear from the initial breakup in episode 1. My hunch is that HAR was not of the appropriate status level for his family so he was forced into a wedding which is a standard kdrama plotline.
6) How will HAR's brother eventually reveal his music career and who will support him besides his sister? My hunch is his uncle will help him given his past musical career and will do so secretly just like HAR's aunt helped her secretly.
7) How will HAR's brother get over his shyness with performing in public and more interestingly how will he get past the standard kdrama aversion of young men/women to touch/look at anyone of the opposite sex that they will eventually match up with in the drama. (I should note that the guitar girl's spunk will likely be critical in giving him a backbone.)

So I will just sit back and enjoy the ride.

cattx said: :-B it's all about personal tastes......I don't believe HAR is any less Dim-witted than any other female lead in a daily drama or a 50 eps drama for that matter. HAR is making many wrong decisions. If these decisions only affected her that's one thing, but her decisions are affecting everyone around her: her child, her family, her aunt and her aunts family, her job, if she involves herself with CSW.......gosh, the list is long of her lies and her mistakes. Har's biggest problem is Running away from her problems and lying. There are people that are smart even intelligent, but it means nothing if they haven't any common sense.And, Har falls into the category of no common sense and no life skills. She was one pampered little girl. Har needs to get a grip of her life and take responsibility for actions...at this moment, she is thinking like a young girl with a baby, when She should be making decisions like a woman and a mother of a child. I am very much interested what the Writer has in store for us. :D

still   wondering  why  will  Phillip  want  HAR.  she is  all over the  place  with no  fix  plan on her  life.  plus  she took her  child  thats a  secret  real  close to  home,  her  aunt.lololol  so,now 2  stupid  men  are going  to fight over  a  stupid  girl.lolol  how  any of these   people   in this  drama  got  an education   is  a  mystery  to me  ..lolol

anbud said: still   wondering  why  will  Phillip  want  HAR.  she is  all over the  place  with no  fix  plan on her  life.  plus  she took her  child  thats a  secret  real  close to  home,  her  aunt.lololol  so,now 2  stupid  men  are going  to fight over  a  stupid  girl.lolol  how  any of these   people   in this  drama  got  an education   is  a  mystery  to me  ..lolol

Philip must have married an American because we are the ones to know if aint working now no need to stay in a tortured marriage for a lifetime lol. Only in kdramas will someone marry someone they don't know, like, understand or even remotely care about and stay married no matter how bad it is because they don't want to have to say they are divorced.
I'm agree with the other poster I'd  have more sympathy for Phillip if he had tried to reconcile with AR when he divorced. She was in the U.S for over a year after they broke up so to me him not even bothering to check up on her (which he could have done without having to meet up physically with her) say to me that she wasn't that important to him. If he had driven past her house, school, work whatever to just catch a glimpse of her then he would have known she was pregnant. He didn't do anything but go on with his happy azz life and now wants to show up over a year later, grinning like an idiot saying he made a mistake, and wants her back? 

Archived