[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

@amvondo 

Don't worry, I deleted the images you quoted. Those rules are in place in order to keep the pages from taking too long to load for those with slower internet connections or who are on tablets/phones. Too many pictures would cause them to take much too long to load for some users. 

@AdelaM @kanyaprasetyo
You two are awesome! :-bd Don't worry Adela, I won't warn the thread unless it's a habitual habit from many users which isn't the case here :)

@LavelyShai thank you very much!

I think all the chingus here are awesome :) and this drama stars to have more and more fans (as it should be)

Only take a look at JCW's hands to see how hard he works!! This drama and these actors deserve all our praise!

I am enchanted by this show thus far. The big bad, is not completely evil(her dearly loves his wife) the leading lady is not a complete candy, the leading man is not a cold hearted aloof charecter, and the "second lead" is not just a nice guy waiting in the wings for the girl to notice him. It has completely complex characters who are multidimensional!

Guest nancykimlee

Happy to see familiar names in this thread and thanks for the warm welcome! :x I've enjoyed reading the humorous and insightful posts because we notice and enjoy different things, and speaks to the quality of this Drama, so keep 'em coming! 
Re: Young Shin + Jung HooBoth have traumatic childhood experiences, albeit different, but their environment growing up largely shaped who they are now. Young Shin was lucky to eventually find a home with doting parents. The fact that her adoptive father is a lawyer and runs a cafe for ex-convicts says a lot about who he is and how he raised Young Shin. She has been surrounded by people with a shady past but are given second chances, so I can understand why she would not harbor suspicion despite being abandoned, because the environment has been restorative. It's not to say that she's completely healed or blindly optimistic or bubbly because she's not; we've seen the scars of the past manifest itself in different situations, so though it's there, it doesn't take precedence in the life that she and her adoptive parents rebuilt for herself. And perhaps what I love about Young Shin is that she's not just a do-gooder. We can actually see her wrestle with her choices, and even though she chooses the "right" thing, it's not always instinctive. When it came to saving Yeon Hee and writing the article, there was hesitation, and I appreciate that because it feels real and not just because she's our heroine. 
Jung Hoo is different. We don't know how he grew up, but can see how bad-mom's abandonment may have shaped his lone ranger tendencies. The fact that he wants to own an island translates to isolation, and his lifestyle lacks warmth; he lives in a warehouse and eats take-out. So the effects of the past are more evident in his life, and up until Young Shin's appearance everything was just a job. He has a kind heart, but being around Young Shin and her family will allow him to get entangled in the messiness and beauty of what makes relationships meaningful. Min Ja ahjumma is great but she's not physically present, although she embodies boss, friend and family in the quickest form through technology. 
Re: Speculations @maddymappo @saved2KGreat thoughts! I was thinking that maybe the violence that Young Shin witnessed was the death of Jung Hoo's father since she was under the impression that she was abandoned by her folks? If she saw what happened in its entirety then she wouldn't have that misunderstanding, and would know that her father is dead and go looking for her mother. Or maybe she blacked out during the incident and unable to cohesively piece things together because of trauma. We know people died but we don't know how and why, so these may be crazy speculations... I think Moon Shik sold out his buddies to powerful authorities that they were reporting on (like politicians?), because to be where he is now, he had to have sold his soul back then. The flashback house scene looked ransacked, so maybe they were looking for something, and it'll come up later? It's no coincidence that the deceased were the ones reporting, minus Myung Hee. And maybe the scene with Young Shin in the closet was from the beatings that she endured, like you've mentioned, from a different timeline. 
Question. This may have been answered but from the Five friends, four are accounted for (Young Shin's parents, Moon Shik and Jung Hoo's dad), but where's the other guy? I don't think he died(?), so can we expect him to show up at some point and provide some insights into the past too? I wouldn't be surprised if he's linked to Jung Hoo through Dae Yong and her motorcycle or something.

this drama has everything.... from singing to dancing to action scenes to good exercise routine wahahaha =))....

what else can we think of..... next time let's make it to a guessing game  what our cutie patootie CYS is up to =))

\:D/ \:D/

@valsava @AdelaM

All, I am not sure Kim Moon Shik thinks she is dead. It is also possible that he may have abandoned her for adoption and wants her out of the picture. 

@maddymappo I don't think so! Bcs the baby girl was hit with a metal bar and remember when she said to the almost suicide woman, that hurt so much and she had so many ribs broken. If you want her out of the picture you don't abandon her, you want her 200% out of your sight and that means killing her.

@nancykimlee You're so good in words /tearing up/ You can see other guy in this chart:
characterchart1.jpg
Choi Dong Gu maybe changed his name to Ki Young Jae because the past chaos. Or just like Jung Hu who has Bong Soo named to hide his true identity. It said Young Jae is Jung Hu's teacher, what teacher is he, maybe this man who adopt Jung Hu, he maybe told Jung Hu's mom what the reason why son-mom must split up or why Jung Hu must be hiding from society. Wonder when this man come out, maybe later when the Hyung found that MH know where YS is. JH dream is own an island and living there alone, this is maybe influenced by Young Jae who right now already have his own island. lol. We see in the past he always work alone, when the other in same truck, he rode his motorcycle alone, freely. He didn't want take photo too beside the Hyung. He had no interest with woman too it seemed, when the other in their triangle love and JH father found his love, he's nowhere, the badass one between them. Okay, I ship him with the lonely ahjumma if this come out true. Or what if he's already have relationship with ahjumma /my feels/. And Healer already there when MH still a child. This Healer must be Young Jae, and he retired and give the Healer title to his junior, Jung Ho.

And I still don't give up about Hyung. He's not nappeun namja, look at the chart, he has support line, the enemy line just on SS gang and detective. He's seriously Severus Snape as far. I love him. lol
Snape-severus-snape-30343844-678-420.jpg
healer1-00287.jpg

Now going back to Episode 1..... what is it that healer want from the guy who was killed?  I wonder if it has something to do with the 5th friend that has not appeared yet in the first 4 episodes.

@ nanycykimlee  thank you for your very insightful post......now going to your question

Question. "This may have been answered but from the Five friends, four are accounted for (Young Shin's parents, Moon Shik and Jung Hoo's dad), but where's the other guy? I don't think he died(?), so can we expect him to show up at some point and provide some insights into the past too? I wouldn't be surprised if he's linked to Jung Hoo through Dae Yong and her motorcycle or something."

somebody mentioned here before, (sorry whoever you are, can't remember) that healer was trained by Ki Young Jae.... this might sound a little bit similar to Cityhunter only that there was no tone of revenge here  :) but the skills passed on to Healer was mainly used as part of his day to day job....survival skills????

at any rate I am now curious why he was not eliminated early on like his other friends.... could it be possible that because he has special skills he was able to go into hiding????  Again somebody mentioned he was living in an island and probably Healer's desire to have his own is somewhat part of his influence on him.

Oh my.... I'm so excited to watch episode 5.... story is becoming more and more interesting as we try to speculate on these things.

Dissociation probably became Healer's coping or defense mechanism from his sad childhood, but I am really happy that he did not harbor any bitterness towards her mom.  It goes to show that perhaps there was no total abandonment on the part of the mother....the bond was still there.... and we can see that though they maybe physically apart... certain familiar/familial things remain as what we have noticed when they were eating sweet beans.

The writer of Healer is really very good..... even the smallest things are laid out neatly.... this is intelligent writing to me :)

P.S

Ooooppppssss  sorry didn't see @MUFCfangirl mentioned these things too :)  thank you for your wonderful and very clear answer to @nancykimlee's question :)

Guest charliew

I just finished watching ep 4 last night. His nature to protect her is killing me, I just hope he doesn't die in the end. Please PD-nim!! I'm in love with Jung Hu and I dont care what people say about him. I love him!

I'm so glad to see more and more people joining the fun in here. The more, the merrier! Hello to all the new faces! :)>- Reading all your long discussions are so engaging, it has become my favorite pasttime (of course, along with re-watching Healer eps lol and coming up with some fanart).  aprilslily said: I am enchanted by this show thus far. The big bad, is not completely evil(her dearly loves his wife) the leading lady is not a complete candy, the leading man is not a cold hearted aloof charecter, and the "second lead" is not just a nice guy waiting in the wings for the girl to notice him. It has completely complex characters who are multidimensional!

@MUFCfangirl‌ thank you soo much for the chart! I'm lost in it hahahha!

Now I'm curious what has to do the Healer's teacher in all of this?

Btw girls and boys, in the image that @MUFCfangirl posted don't you think the teacher looks like the boss of that end hand tabloid?

Remember when they went out eating and drinking and it was mentioned that he was out from a big tabloid bcs he did something?! I think he could be a key too :)

@MUFCfangirl Thanks a lot for the chart! :D
Well, KMS being like Severus Snape, I really doubt it. Even if there is no ennemy line between him and his younger brother, I doubt that there is no resentment or hatred between the two brothers. To me, KMS wants to have his brother on his side (he actually made him two offers), but KMH doesn't want to. That's why there is no official enemy line... because it is hidden. The hyung had to threaten his younger brother to come to the last meeting with the politicians, the eldest is helping his younger brother when he has created trouble on his show, nevertheless, he is doing it for one purpose: having his brother on his side. He really wants to use KMH's image of a solid, frank and honest reporter to manipulate people. Besides, he is compared to the devil ("selling your soul!") hence I can't consider him as Severus Snape. He isn't doing for the right cause... he has himself sold his soul in order to get MY. Even if Severus Snape loved Lily, he tried to save her and her family and KMS did exactly the opposite.
About the scene in the closet: I believe, it happened in the night where her parents disappeared (KMH's dream). I guess, the parents had the time to tell her to hide and the guy with the bat was looking for her. I don't think, it was one of her former foster families. The flat looked like sacked, destroyed. Maybe KMH appeared later and found her, but he couldn't take care of her since his brother would have heard about it. The silence KMH spoke about is to me that he must have heard about it but he couldn't betray his brother first, yet he regretted it later and tried to save the family.